Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion  (Read 191495 times)

Roswell

• View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion
« Reply #615 on: September 02, 2015, 03:08:06 am »
I like how it's becoming more and more evident that TakeuchiP's whole "smile" reason for scouting them actually wasn't a bullshit answer.

Anyways...
Anyone else notice the connections to New Gen's solo image songs in this episode? Mitsuboshi was all about the three of them and she admitted in this episode that she was able to get this far because of them. Never say never is about moving forward (and not looking back). Meanwhile... S(mile)ing is about Uzuki shaking off her hesitation and finding her own voice in order to realize her long time dream, to stand on stage. These new developments are forcing her to do just that.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:10:27 am by Roswell »

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 02, 2015, 09:18:27 am »
I like how it's becoming more and more evident that TakeuchiP's whole "smile" reason for scouting them actually wasn't a bullshit answer.

Anyways...
Anyone else notice the connections to New Gen's solo image songs in this episode? Mitsuboshi was all about the three of them and she admitted in this episode that she was able to get this far because of them. Never say never is about moving forward (and not looking back). Meanwhile... S(mile)ing is about Uzuki shaking off her hesitation and finding her own voice in order to realize her long time dream, to stand on stage. These new developments are forcing her to do just that.

Holy crap!  I applaud you sir for noticing this!  Haha, I guess that explains why I had that sudden urge to listen to S(mile)ing! right after that episode.

nastynate

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
    • idolnotes.net
« Reply #617 on: September 04, 2015, 06:55:56 pm »
Hmm... That resolved rather conveniently. I was expecting a little more development between Mio and Rin, but I guess that rehearse bit was enough. The line-up in a couple units changed, but I like Koume paired with Ranko. Even Uzuki's issue is looking up a bit. I dunno, but with everything that went down I was expecting a little more oomph. With everything falling into place I don't even feel much conflict is happening heading towards the event. Not that I'm expecting complete idol chaos, but... At least people can stop jumping on Mio's back. Hopefully, lol.

Unless that's the point that friendship and understanding fixes everything. With such a huge group of people, though, eh...

Tengu B

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 04, 2015, 07:48:32 pm »
Hmm... That resolved rather conveniently.

I don' think anything actually resolved this episode. In the end Uzuki got darker without being able to say anything, and Rin went to Krone without really understanding how left behind Uzuki feels. And for what, even. None of the members of Krone even looked at each other in the ending. If anything I think this episode creates more problems for the future.

And this episode the clock needle at the end didn't move forward this time, so they haven't gotten anywhere. .

Also, where's Kyouko? She should be there…

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 04, 2015, 09:31:36 pm »
RAN RAN!!!  Ranko opening up made this episode for me.  ;D

Well, the drama ended up being much lighter than I was expecting.  Props to Mio though for being understanding and handling the issue pretty well in an unusual manner.  However, Uzuki's suffering continues on for another episode!  And we only got a few of those left.  I wonder if it's too late to still hope for a Chihaya tier episode?  Not much else to say, let's see how it turns out. 

And this episode the clock needle at the end didn't move forward this time, so they haven't gotten anywhere. .

Also, where's Kyouko? She should be there…

Lol, I'm always trying to make sense of/catch up to the subs caught up in the moment that I keep missing all these details.  ::)

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 04, 2015, 10:49:43 pm »
Oh man, concert episodes are my favorite kind of episode. >:3c

i really liked the "everyone has to find their own path, but that doesn't mean that your experiences as a group aren't important" message in this episode. I've never seen that in an idol anime before.

that being said... RIP, best unit ;_;7 hopefully this doesn't mean Anya and Minami are gonna be never mentioned again.

But the clock did tick though???

Tengu B

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 05, 2015, 12:21:14 am »
But the clock did tick though???

Oh whoops, I meant it didn't tick on the rooftop when they were supposed to be coming to terms with each other. Even though the clock was visible. It did tick, but only after Rin made her decision on Triad.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:22:51 am by Tengu B »

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 05, 2015, 09:49:08 am »
Welp, I guess that things must change and move on for Love Laika and NewGen. Even if it means dissolution of the units. This was underlined when the two units were announced to not participate with the fall concert. An omelet, indeed.

But yeah, Uzupaka's a bit less suffering now. And she being paired in a unit with Miho Kohinata. Let's see how this goes.

Let's see how deep the rabbit hole goes, before we get neck-deep in drama.

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 07, 2015, 04:59:01 pm »
Preview for Episode 22.

Also, Nana, Natsuki, and Koume are wearing the My First Star costumes...

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 07, 2015, 10:38:10 pm »
Preview for Episode 22.

Also, Nana, Natsuki, and Koume are wearing the My First Star costumes...

Preview giving off lighthearted vibes, could easily be a facade though... Is this the cinderella ball already?  I was expecting there would've been a prep episode beforehand or something.  Well damn, something's about to go down.

It took me a few a replays to find Koume and the others, Karen and Nao kept stealing my attention lol.  So ravishing.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 08, 2015, 11:23:45 pm »
Nah, it's the Fall Fes, I believe?

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 11, 2015, 08:15:30 pm »
It was inevitable. Shimamu has officially snapped...you could tell with Rin being chosen to stay with Triad Primus.

My guess is that she feels she has come so far with Rin and Mio it was just way too hard to be separated from them. It's like she wants to do the very best she can to make her dream as an idol come true, but like she can't do it without them...as if she felt like a burden to Miho. Looks like it's up to Rin, Mio, and TakeuchiP to save the day and get Shimamu out of her slump...as long as the wicked stepmother known as Mishiro doesn't totally mess with her (and the rest of Cinderella Project for that matter).

At the end...the clock moves one minute...to 12:00...
Has Uzuki's spell been broken?

On a side note, glad to hear a more complete version of Trancing Pulse...AWESOME song! Even better...Venus Syndrome!!!!

You know something, now that I think about it...

Meanwhile... S(mile)ing is about Uzuki shaking off her hesitation and finding her own voice in order to realize her long time dream, to stand on stage.

...you might be right. Pretty clever move, A-1.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:37:56 pm by ZetaFlare »

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 11, 2015, 10:32:02 pm »
There it is finally...

It was inevitable. Shimamu has officially snapped...

And the Haruka route, it is then.

At the end...the clock moves one minute...to 12:00...
Has Uzuki's spell been broken?

Ah, I was wondering what that could've meant.

All the drama aside, THAT PERFORMANCE.  My heart... I felt like it just stopped beating during that entire song.  Very nice animation too!  I also didn't see any noticeable budget cuts this time around so that's a plus.  And TakeP's "Power of Smile" seems to be super effective. XD

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 12, 2015, 01:28:44 am »
And the Haruka route, it is then.

Actually, I think Roswell's image song connection may have a point here. The trick with Shimamu is that she felt too hesitant/helpless without Rin and Mio...remember how she didn't know what to say about Rin's decision to move forward with Traid Primus? Think S(mile)ing...she might need some time to break out of her shell and find her own voice (rather than try to reunite NG)...which could be the "glass slipper" she needs to make a comeback in time for the winter ball.

But that's my thought. Everyone talking about adventures, doing something different and all.

Kind of surprised Rin didn't have a breakdown yet. You know, like Chihaya did.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 01:30:29 am by ZetaFlare »

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 12, 2015, 01:47:03 am »
Rin seems to have a pretty stable home life, so I can't see her having a Chihaya-style breakdown. But I have an active dislike for Rin so I don't have a good grasp on her character, lol.

But man, Uzuki's breakdown was really creepy to me for some reason. I kept expecting her to just completely snap despite the fact that imas is usually pretty cute and fluffy.

Additionally, no one's mentioned this but i think Mishiro's beginning to change as well, as represented from her watching the concert from high above the rabble to getting actually backstage after Fumika collapsed. Maybe she'll have a change of heart no doubt finalized by the inevitable group song in the last episode

This post is turning kind of rambly but the most impressive part to me was how amazing Trancing Prism turned out. When they sung the preview a few episodes ago, I was completely underwhelmed in a "THIS is the Triad Primus song we waited years for?" way. But seeing it as an actual song changed my view entirely. Also, duet version of Rhapsodia when :|