Username: Password:

Author Topic: Grace's Fanarts~  (Read 27796 times)

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
Grace's Fanarts~
« on: February 19, 2014, 09:00:25 pm »
Ahaha...yeah. It's me again. I make way too many threads of my own~, but I'm officially a member now, so I think it's OK. I think.

Anyways...so, um, I do iM@S fanarts sometimes. I had a specific request from someone who wanted to see fanarts I've done of the iM@S girls from my fanfic Namuko Academy. It's a magic AU where all the girls control an element. The Xenoglossia characters are involved too, as the major villains known as "witches" (or "warlocks" for the men, because men just can't be called "witches" and there are a couple of them in Xenoglossia). I drew the mages (and greater witches), and since I was asked to reveal them to the world, well...um, they'll be my first batch. If you're curious and would like to read the fanfiction itself, here's a link:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9471789/1/Namuko-Academy
It also has an unfinished sequel in the works:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9737869/1/Namuko-Academy-the-Second
It's not my best work, and the Xenoglossia characters got OOC beyond repair almost every time they showed up, despite my best efforts. But it's AU, so that's my excuse.
Of course, um...you don't have to. Like, it's just...if you feel like it, go ahead.

As you can tell, I'm very nervous~.

But! I'll get started on that, by element, next post. Once that's finished, I drew a MakoRyo fanart that I'm very fond of, so once that's inked, colored, and scanned, it will be posted here. It WILL. Because I'm a MakoRyo fangirl. I WANT THEM TO BE CANON SO BAD BUT IT CAN'T BECAUSE THEY'LL GET FIRED OR SOMETHING. *wails and flops around on the couch*

Also! I got the sudden and strange urge to draw Makoto cosplaying as Imca from Valkyria Chronicles III when I first saw Imca playing Project X Zone (it's true, I've never actually played Valkyria Chronicles III though I've heard of the franchise and plan to at least watch the OVAs). So. It's a weird idea, but it'll one day be completed and posted.

So! Without further ado, um...Nervous Grace's Namuko Academy Fanarts~! Enjoy, Liza! ;D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:44:17 pm by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
Re: Grace's Fanarts~
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 08:26:08 pm »
Eheh...well. Finally got around to actually posting art. WARNING: IMAGE DUMP. There are six elements, so six posts. Not too bad, right? But there are actually a LOT of these. Like...A LOT. Like, twenty. Like, I say like too much, like, totally. LOL. *shot*

Alright! First batch is ice. Minor-to-major spoilers of the book will be involved, but if you don't want to read it, it doesn't matter.

Ice magicians use blue as a primary color, with accents of white and light purple.

Both Chihaya and XenoMakoto had to be drawn in multiple outfits, Chihaya because at the end of the first book, she retires as Grand Mage and doesn't get to wear her fancy outfit anymore and XenoMakoto because her first default outfit eventually gets burnt to a crisp by XenoChihaya, and later, she takes over the role of Grand Witch from  XenoChihaya and gets to change again.

The first batch turned out really badly in my opinion, but the more recent ones are good. I'll post them here in order of when they were drawn, first to last. :) This applies to all six elements.
Also, I love talking, so I'm including a little commentary on all of the outfits. AHAHA. I'm obnoxious. :B~ :P

(Grand Mage Chihaya. OK, so, you guys, I know it's horrible, but this was drawn in crayon. No joke. I was bored and had crayons in front of me but no pencil, and so I drew this! There was no opportunity to erase, so it's bad.)

(Ice Mage Chihaya, after her retirement. SIGNIFICANTLY better than the first one since I could erase. I'm actually quite fond of her dress.)

(Ice Witch Makoto after she had to change from her original default outfit due to XenoChihaya burning off the other one. ...haha, she gives me so much trouble. I can never get her eyes right. They always look too big. Also I can't color properly. So. Um.
Oh well. Part of the first batch, which was the batch I did before I could draw Xenoglossia properly.)

(Ice Witch Makoto in her default outfit. The cloak is supposed to be light blue this time, I dunno if it shows up very well. I don't ink, so my lines get very..."lost". shall I say? This one was halfway between the first batch and the second, so...not my best.)

(Grand Witch Makoto. Probably one of my favorite fanarts of her that I've done. Ever. Period. I dunno, I just really like how it turned out. And she's smiling. And she's perfect. And I have to shut up now.)

(Post-retirement Chihaya and Grand Witch Makoto, in the first of the relationship arts I did of the two same-element characters just...being themselves. I really like the way I was able to illustrate the relationship here; Makoto's kinda reaching for Chihaya's hand, as if she really wants to be accepted by the academy and trusted, but is afraid to really take the leap. Chihaya is reaching away, showing that she's not quite ready to trust Makoto yet.
That will make sense if you've read the story...~
But either way, I'm proud.
Also. I write on everything I draw, so...words.)

(EDIT: Ice Mage Eri! Finally got around to drawing all the rest of these. Eri gets promoted to mage at the end of the sequel. She gets to be promoted when she's ready, so no real spoilers. :D
I really tried to make her turn out great for you, Arturo! :D I'm actually very happy with her. Her scarf was really fun to draw.
It's interesting, because when I first drew her I thought she was terrible. I fixed her mouth and extended her eyes in a bit and it fixed everything so much that shes now one of my favorite recent ones. <3)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 01:27:28 am by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 08:31:11 pm »
(haha, I'm such a nervous loser, I wrote all this out on Microsoft Word before posting it here.)

IMAGE DUMP AGAIN. Slightly less severe.
Next batch is fire. Here comes your favorite, Liza! Minor-to-major spoilers here too. Both girls got two outfits, XenoChihaya because I wanted an excuse to draw her again and fix her, so I drew her in her Grand Witch garb and her Flame Witch garb. Iori because at the end of the book, Chihaya retires as Grand Mage and hands it over to Iori, so Iori gets to look fancy.

Fire uses orange as their primary color in Namuko Academy, and red as their primary color in Turiavita. Either way, accents of orange, red, and yellow are included, depending on what the primary color is.

Once again, the first batch was okay at best, but I like the second batch quite a lot.

(Flame Mage Iori. Part of the first batch, so...not great. But hey, it's better than the first batch of ice, I think. I'm actually quite fond of Iori's dress.)

( Grand Mage Iori. Second batch. I think her face shape turned out a bit less...flat, shall I say? I do like her face, even if it's a little off.)

(Flame Witch Chihaya. Well. Bad guys have to be the source of fanservice. So. Here you go. I prooooobably should have made the dress cover more, but by the time I scanned this it was too late. She's the only one this bad, though, so. I think I'm OK. But in any case, I don't really like her face, but other than that she's alright. Ish.)

(Grand Witch Chihaya. Still a bit of fanservice, but this one I actually DID think to go back and edit a bit before scanning, so it isn't as bad. But I like her face significantly more this time around. I think I captured that kinda evil smirk. So why can't I ever get it right on Karasu?! )

(Flame Mage Iori and Grand Mage Chihaya, the second relationship art I did. I really paid attention to body language and expression for these things. Iori's got that, “There is NO WAY I'm going to go easy on you, you're SO going to die,” expression, and Chihaya has that, “Hmph, you're so beneath me,” expression. Chihaya's also turned away, as if she doesn't even want to be facing Iori. Iori's just like “YEAH I'M A FLAME MAGE, YOU GOTTA PROBLEM WITH THAT?!”
I don't know.
But I like it. Quite a bit. Except Chihaya's skin tone is derpy.)

(EDIT: Flame Witch Iori. Becomes a Flame Witch after Dark Chihaya dies. I actually do like Iori here, she looks nice enough. I was worried about her eyes, but she turned out fine. What do you guys think?)

(EDIT: Flame Mage Mami! She also gets promoted when she's ready, so yay for no spoilers! Just kidding. Ami's not here because she dies. Sorry. But!
I think I got her figure wrong, but...eh. I tried, and she doesn't look terrible. So!)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 01:36:26 am by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 08:35:04 pm »
Next is Shadow, Takane and Karasu. One minor spoiler, but nothing big. Honestly, the only reason why I drew Takane the second time was because I wanted an excuse to draw her twice. So now she changed her whole outfit when her eye got shot out. But that second drawing of Takane ended up being PERFECT, so I'm glad I did it.

Shadow uses black or grey as the primary color, with accents of dark purple and the occasional spot of red or magenta.

(Takane after her eye got shot out. When I did this one, I couldn't erase either (not well, at least) because the pencil I was using didn't have a good eraser. I wasted all of it on her eye. I eventually got so frustrated with her eye that I cut it out and gave her an eyepatch. XD However, once I started writing, I realized I actually had to follow what I'd drawn, and Takane had both eyes! To remedy this, I had her get her eye gouged out by an arrow from Karasu. Bang, problem solved.
Anyways. First batch, so not good, but not terrible. Also, the paper she was on got really mangled so she looks like she got cut in half. Whoops.)

(Takane before her eye was shot out. OK, I'm gonna go ahead and admit that I LOVE this one, SO MUCH. I think it was the best one I did! I mean, Takane's face, her body, her hair, I think everything just went PERFECTLY. I love this one.
Sorry.
But yeah! Second batch, my personal favorite, yay Takane.)

(EDIT: Grand Mage Takane. She looks fancy, and I gave her a spot of lipstick that doesn't look terribly off. Hooray! I'm fond of her, but I still think Takane with both her eyes is better. What do you guys think? I like her mage style, and her eyepatch is fancy, but you probably can't see it very well. :I)

(Karasu. I can't draw dudes and I feel bad because I only drew him once (unless you count the relationship picture below) and it wasn't great. Because HIS EYES GIVE ME SO MUCH TROUBLE. GYAAH.
I can't Karasu.)

(Takane after her eye incident and Karasu. This one was interesting to draw partially because he's so chill about everything (unless, of course, he's losing) and she's so Takane. Also, he's the one that cut out her eye , so you can imagine the tension here. It's like, “Hey, Takane, how's it going? You look mad. Aw, come on, don't look at me like that--” “DO NOT TOUCH ME, YOU FOUL CRETIN.”
I'm actually quite satisfied. And Karasu looks okay this time! Yay!)

(EDIT: Shadow Mage Hibiki. Actually, she was never supposed to be a mage, but I felt bad for her, and so I promoted her at the end of the sequel. I really like her dress. Also, she got to let her hair down. I don't think she's quite tan enough, though...darn.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 03:14:49 pm by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 08:41:48 pm »
Sun is next. Actually a major spoiler, but I don't think you guys care. Except maybe Liza, who's actually reading Namuko Academy.   Technically, this is supposed to be Miki and Joseph from Xenoglossia, but I can't draw dudes, especially not old dudes like Joe. So it's Miki and Yayoi instead. Which is kinda impossible since Yayoi only becomes Sun Mage after Miki dies , but it's too late now.

Sun uses orange as their primary color with accents of gold or yellow.

(Sun Mage Yayoi. I figured if she's gonna be a responsible mage, she should let her hair down from the pigtails. Also, I wanted an excuse to draw Yayoi with her hair down. So.
I actually like this even though it's technically part of the first batch, but is actually more in-between the first and second batches. I think I might actually like it more than I like her in the relationship picture because her eyes aren't as weird. Except all the orange looks really red for some reason.)

(Sun Mage Miki. This is the only group that includes two Namuko Academy residents instead of one from NA and one from Turiavita, for the reason stated above. But I like Miki here, actually. She's cute without being too cute, and I kinda like the gold color of her bodice. I'm satisfied even though she was part of the first batch.)

(Sun Mages Yayoi and Miki. They're the only group that doesn't have an awkward relationship because they're student and teacher. I liked drawing them together. They look so happy~. Anyways, I actually kinda like the first batch more than this second batch. This is the only one of those that I feel that way about. What do you guys think?

Also, Miki's eyes frustrated me so much that she's winking both times.)

(EDIT: Sun Witch Yayoi. YOYOYOYOYO~! TAKATSUKI YAYOI ON YAYOI BROADCAST! Sorry. I never really intended to draw her, but I figured if I'm doing everyone else (except Joseph), I should do her. And I ended up very happy with her. Thanks, Yayoi! You look nice!)

(EDIT: Sun Mage Ai. She got promoted when it was her turn too, so Yayoi gets to live! Hooray!
I like how she turned out, actually. And her dress is cute. What do you guys think?)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 03:20:53 pm by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 08:42:12 pm »
Next is Stone. No spoilers involved in this one. Involves Ritsuko and XenoAzusa.

Stone-users determine their primary color based on the kind of image they want to present, but it's usually green, sometimes brown. Always includes accents of whatever color isn't primary, and metal in some places as a sort of armor.

(Azusa. Needs no title, because she only has one picture. That belt-thing around her waist is supposed to be metal, but I'm bad at...drawing. XD Not really. If her face weren't such a derp, I'd probably like her.)

(Ritsuko. Her abdomen is exposed, but there's a metal breastplate and neck, and that grey belt thing is also supposed to be metal. I actually like the outfit I gave her, but her face...it's just...gyaah...granted, these two were the first batch, so...)

(Azusa and Ritsuko. I actually really like this one. Azusa has a position like she wants to strike up a conversation, but is very aware that they're technically enemies (even though the Mondenkind branch of Turiavita is quite friendly with the academy). Ritsuko looks like she'd be happy to converse with Azusa a bit. Maybe they could be friends?
I love their faces, though, honestly. And Ritsuko's bun looks pretty good. And I think I drew the metal better this time. Maybe. I DON'T KNOW.

...HOLY CRAP RITSUKO'S GLASSES ARE FLOATING HOW DID I NOT REALIZE THAT)

(EDIT: Stone Witch Ritsuko, who takes over after Azusa dies. Her glasses aren't floating! Yay! But, her dress is a little...boring, maybe? I should have made it a bit more exquisite. Ah well, too late now. What do you all think?)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 01:54:56 am by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 08:48:56 pm »
Woohoo, last batch! This time it's wind, XenoHaruka and Makoto. No spoilers this time around either.

Wind uses white as its primary color with accents of grey and light blue.

(Haruka. I'm not a fan of her face, but I love her dress. Since she's first batch, she's not great, but I'm still pretty satisfied...kinda...ish. …yeah, I'm not a huge fan of this one. Oh well.)

(Makoto. Even though she's my favorite, her face is still derpy. ALSO I ACCIDENTALLY GOT GREY ON HER EYEBALL. GOSH DARN IT. But yeah. The reason why Makoto wears pants and a shirt (and a vest) as opposed to a dress like everyone else is because a lot of her combat depends on her skills in close-quarters-combat. You can't very well drop-kick a guy in the face in a long, flow-y dress. Unless you WANT him to look up your skirt. So, therefore, Makoto gets pants and a shirt.
Anyways, I actually like her outfit, I just wish her face wasn't so bleh.)

(Haruka and Makoto. I FIX MAKOTO'S FACE BUT IT TURNS OUT LOOKING TOO MANLY. DANG IT. This is my luck.
But Haruka's face is perfect! I really like how it turned out.
They actually never build a relationship in the series (neither do XenoAzusa and Ritsuko, for that matter), but if they did, it'd look like this; Haruka thinks Makoto's handsome, Makoto resents this but is friendly with Haruka anyways, Makoto is weakest mage and thus is a bit envious of Haruka's power, Haruka is Haruka and thus too stupid to notice. Yeah.)

(EDIT: Wind "Conjurer" Ryo. I got his hair color right this time, but the price was that I couldn't get his body proportions right, and I think I messed up his head. Gyaaah. i can't men.
But hey. I didn't fail TOO miserably, I think, so...)

(EDIT: Wind Mage Yukiho. OK, honestly, I really like Yukiho. I worked hard to make her look good, and I do quite love her mermaid-style dress. I was able to get her figure right because we share a bust size! I think our hips are the same size too. :P But she turned out good! What do you guys think?)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 02:00:39 am by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 10:58:46 pm »
Impressive! The costume designs definitely fit the abilities you're giving each character and it's interesting to see Xenoglossia added into this.

I've only gone up to Episode 3 in Xenoglossia, though.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 11:01:36 pm »
Impressive! The costume designs definitely fit the abilities you're giving each character and it's interesting to see Xenoglossia added into this.

Thanks~! There are some I like more than others, but I'm quite satisfied too. Xenoglossia is great.

You should totally finish it. The end is SO worth it.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 10:30:39 pm »

What a beautiful dress! In addition, big eyes are part of your style and they make Makoto-Master more beautiful. Good job!

This is what I call "ice look"! And I didn't expect of her to be in a almost white dress! Excellent job!

You were able to draw her hairstyle perfectly, but her smile looks evil for me... Aww, it's Azusa's pendant! 8) Good job!

Iori is... beautiful! :o  Excellent job!

(Takane before her eye was shot out. OK, I'm gonna go ahead and admit that I LOVE this one, SO MUCH. I think it was the best one I did! I mean, Takane's face, her body, her hair, I think everything just went PERFECTLY. I love this one.
Sorry.
But yeah! Second batch, my personal favorite, yay Takane.)

I absolutely agree with you!!! Excellent job!

Karasu looks so handsome! You put everything you have got in this drawing! And purple is my favouritiest colour! Only one thing I don't understand is that black spot. Excellent job!

Yayoi only becomes Sun Mage after Miki dies

What?! Don't tell me Chihaya-Master killed her! :'(

I can't recognize Yayoi at all and I don't know if it's good or bad.

Miki that we all know, nano~ :)  Excellent job!

Azusa-Master is so cute! Excellent job!

Haruka-Master looks like an angel! (Do angels wink? :) ) Excellent job!

Makoto-idol:Another me has a whole collection of beautiful dresses, I want some too...
Excellent job!

Haruka-Master has a Nowano expression on her face and Makoto-idol looks good too! Excellent job!

You should totally finish it. The end is SO worth it.

Grace is right, but the end could be better... :( Anyway, don't listen to me and watch Xenoglossia! It's much deeper than just "girls love robots"!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 10:55:12 pm »
What a beautiful dress! In addition, big eyes are part of your style and they make Makoto-Master more beautiful. Good job!

This is what I call "ice look"! And I didn't expect of her to be in a almost white dress! Excellent job!

You were able to draw her hairstyle perfectly, but her smile looks evil for me... Aww, it's Azusa's pendant! 8) Good job!

I guess so~, yeah~. Thanks! :D I appreciate it~. :D

I have to admit, ice is probably my favorite element. XD Aside from wind. So I kinda put in a little extra effort working on capturing the element properly here. I'm glad you think so! :D

Ahaha, does it? It was supposed to be a sorta awkward expression. But hey, I'll work on it~. Thanks~! :D

Iori is... beautiful! :o  Excellent job!

Thank you! I kinda made their hair look a bit more..."flow-y", if that makes sense, just because I feel like it's so mystical. XD

I absolutely agree with you!!! Excellent job!

Karasu looks so handsome! You put everything you have got in this drawing! And purple is my favouritiest colour! Only one thing I don't understand is that black spot. Excellent job!

THANK YOU I'M SO PROUD OF THAT ONE LIKE HOW DID I EVEN DO THAT (I should stop.) :D ;D

Teehee~, I tried. I personally like him more in the relationship picture (by the way, there will be more of those. I'm currently working on one of Iori, Chihaya, and XenoMakoto, and I'm also going to draw one for Turavita and Namuko Academy separately) but meh.
All the mages/greater witches/warlocks wear a symbol of their element on their outfit somewhere. XenoMakoto has a snowflake on her skirt while Chihaya has three on the shirt part of her dress (bodice?). Takane has three little shadow vortexes on her chest. Iori has three little flames on her chest. XenoChihaya has a big flame on her chest as Grand Witch and one on her abdomen as Flame Witch...etc. The random black on Karasu's robe is one of those little shadow vortexes. As a general rule, Turiavita has one emblem in various places, usually on the skirt, and Namuko Academy has three, usually on the top part of the outfit.

...I thought this through way too much, especially considering the lack of detail the actual fanfic gives about clothes. XD

What?! Don't tell me Chihaya-Master killed her! :'(

I can't recognize Yayoi at all and I don't know if it's good or bad.

Miki that we all know, nano~ :)  Excellent job!

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING SPOILER IS A SUPER-SPOILER. IF YOU DON'T CARE, GO AHEAD AND SCROLL OVER.
She didn't; XenoMakoto did. During the very end final battle thing at the very end of the first book, Turiavita launches a vicious attack on the Academy. During the attack, Yayoi runs into the crumbling academy to find Dark Makoto (to heck with it, I'm gonna use fanfic terms from now on XD) to convince her to stop stalling and help destroy Dark Chihaya. Instead, she stumbles across Miki impaled in multiple places by pillars of ice. Right before Miki dies, she tells Yayoi that she was killed by Dark Makoto. The rage Yayoi feels fuels her journey to find the Ice Witch and make things right.
Miki does make a couple appearances in the sequel as a ghost, due to Takane's "talk to the dead" abilities. So does Dark Chihaya, actually, due to Karasu's "talk to the dead" abilities.
So yeah.

Azusa-Master is so cute! Excellent job!

Thanks a bunch! :D I personally think she could have been better (haha the relationship pictures were such an improvement from the first batch), but I'm pleased that you like her~.

Haruka-Master looks like an angel! (Do angels wink? :) ) Excellent job!

Makoto-idol:Another me has a whole collection of beautiful dresses, I want some too...
Excellent job!

Haruka-Master has a Nowano expression on her face and Makoto-idol looks good too! Excellent job!

Thanks, I really like her dress~. It's one of the ones I'd actually wear if it were real XD Except with a shirt underneath, probably, because I'm obsessively modest. XD
Anyhow, thanks again! You're so nice to me. ;-;

Pfft, but then she'd be practically useless because it'd be harder to punch and kick like a boss.
...:3
Thanks~. EXCEPT I'M SO MAD AT MYSELF THAT I GOT GREY ON HER EYEBALL.

The end could be better... :(

THE END DEPRESSED ME SO MUCH OKAY. TT-TT

Sorry.
But seriously, even if it was a great ending, it made me so sad. I cried. Really hard.
BUT NOT AS HARD AS I CRIED AT TATAKAU SHISHO.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

liza94

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 12:37:32 am »
Thank you! I kinda made their hair look a bit more..."flow-y", if that makes sense, just because I feel like it's so mystical. XD

It's not just hair! Iori's eyes look beautiful, Iori's face looks beautiful, Iori's dress looks beautiful, Iori's pose looks beautiful! ::) And she is more mature. I can imagine her singing I WANT or OVERMASTER (her best songs!) in this dress!

I'm sorry, but... I don't like the images of the Chihayas at all... :(  Especially Chihaya-idol's... :(  I'm a very strict critic when it comes to The Perfect Idol and The Master Of The Eight Sins. :(  But I'm still looking forward to Iori-Master, Haruka-idol, the Yukihos, Azusa-idol, Hibiki and all the Futami twins! ;)

And... Could you post the non-resized versions of the images I quoted, please?

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 12:59:38 am »
It's not just hair! Iori's eyes look beautiful, Iori's face looks beautiful, Iori's dress looks beautiful, Iori's pose looks beautiful! ::) And she is more mature. I can imagine her singing I WANT or OVERMASTER (her best songs!) in this dress!

I'm sorry, but... I don't like the images of the Chihayas at all... :(  Especially Chihaya-idol's... :(  I'm a very strict critic when it comes to The Perfect Idol and The Master Of The Eight Sins. :(  But I'm still looking forward to Iori-Master, Haruka-idol, the Yukihos, Azusa-idol, Hibiki and all the Futami twins! ;)

And... Could you post the non-resized versions of the images I quoted, please?

Thanks! :D It makes me really happy to hear you like it.

That's just fine! :D I understand it isn't the best art of them, not even close, ahaha~. If you don't mind, could you tell me what specifically you didn't like? That way, I know what I have to improve on for next time. :)

I'm not sure how many of those you mentioned I'll actually draw, since I'm only doing the mages and greater witches unless they're in a group picture. :) But XenoIori will show up for sure. So will XenoYukiho and Riffa, since they're part of Turiavita. I don't know about the others. Yet.

The only thing you're missing out on is a bunch of words, trust me. XD But if you want, I can PM them to you. I just don't want to re-post the same images here since all that's really missing is words. XD

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

liza94

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 01:44:20 pm »
I have to admit, ice is probably my favorite element. XD Aside from wind. So I kinda put in a little extra effort working on capturing the element properly here.

Of course, it's because the Makotos are your most favourite characters! ;)

All the mages/greater witches/warlocks wear a symbol of their element on their outfit somewhere. XenoMakoto has a snowflake on her skirt while Chihaya has three on the shirt part of her dress (bodice?). Takane has three little shadow vortexes on her chest. Iori has three little flames on her chest. XenoChihaya has a big flame on her chest as Grand Witch and one on her abdomen as Flame Witch...etc. The random black on Karasu's robe is one of those little shadow vortexes. As a general rule, Turiavita has one emblem in various places, usually on the skirt, and Namuko Academy has three, usually on the top part of the outfit.

*with a mysterious voice*
I see.. These are your riders to the Unwritten Law Of All the Masters! 8)

She didn't;

Phew~ :) Now I can read Namuko Academy again! :)

Pfft, but then she'd be practically useless because it'd be harder to punch and kick like a boss.

Makoto would win anyway thanks to her Cute Princess Power! ;D

THE END DEPRESSED ME SO MUCH OKAY. TT-TT

We discuss Xenoglossia everywhere but not in the special topic.
I meant that Chihaya-Master had died and hadn't become an idol. :(

That's just fine! :D I understand it isn't the best art of them, not even close, ahaha~. If you don't mind, could you tell me what specifically you didn't like? That way, I know what I have to improve on for next time. :)

I think you should use official images as example. And.. I don't know why is it, but your group images are almost always worse than of each character separately. :(

The only thing you're missing out on is a bunch of words, trust me. XD But if you want, I can PM them to you. I just don't want to re-post the same images here since all that's really missing is words. XD

But the quality is bad, so send me them, please!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 09:56:30 pm »
Of course, it's because the Makotos are your most favourite characters! ;)

No, it's because I like ice. XDD It helps that XenoMakoto happened to suit the element perfectly. Her whole personality in the show just screams Ice Queen (or Defrosting Ice Queen after she goes back to Mondenkind after Azusa's death.)

*with a mysterious voice*
I see.. These are your riders to the Unwritten Law Of All the Masters! 8)

Sorta, yeah.  8)

Phew~ :) Now I can read Namuko Academy again! :)

Good, you're the only person who does. XD

Makoto would win anyway thanks to her Cute Princess Power! ;D

As adorable as Makoto is, I can't help but wonder how Cute Princess Power would hold up against mind control and the ability to impale someone with a pillar of ice without moving or looking at you.  :-\ XD

We discuss Xenoglossia everywhere but not in the special topic.
I meant that Chihaya-Master had died and hadn't become an idol. :(

I made that board for nothing.
I'm just upset that they ended it with no possibility for a season two. Unless they put the focus on Haruka as an idol. Which they're not gonna do. The anime ended in, like, 2008, and there's no second season. Darn.

I think you should use official images as example. And.. I don't know why is it, but your group images are almost always worse than of each character separately. :(

Hmm...yeah, I usually do, but I've memorized what they look like by now (for the most part) so I haven't lately. Also, official images really only help me in terms of getting the hair right. :-/ But yes, I will definitely pay more attention to detail next time! Thanks!
You think so? Strange, the only time I thought that was true was for Miki and Yayoi.  :-\ I think my skills improved tenfold between the individual ones and the group ones.
Except for that Takane. That Takane is the greatest Takane I've ever drawn.

But the quality is bad, so send me them, please!

Alrighty! I will as soon as I get a chance. :)

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!