Username: Password:

Poll

For the remaining fighters, should they be full colored or sketches?

Full Color
3 (50%)
Sketches
3 (50%)
Just Don't Do Them
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Fan Game Idea (The Idolm@ster Wrestle for You!)  (Read 34744 times)

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
Fan Game Idea (The Idolm@ster Wrestle for You!)
« on: February 13, 2014, 04:12:14 pm »
This idea may seem a bit out there, some may call it blasphemous,  but I have an idea popping in my head of a fan game that I would develop if I was able to.

The Idolm@ster Wrestle for You!
-As the title suggests, it is a wrestling game based on The Idolm@ster series.
-There are two influences for this idea. One is The Wrestlem@ster 765 series of MMD Videos. The other is the fact that one of the original concepts for the series is a Pro Wrestling management game. (At least, according to Wikipedia)
-There are two ways to play: Wrestling and Management
 •Wrestling is just what it is. Standard wrestling matches with gameplay similar to WWE All-Stars. You can choose a wide variety of match types such as singles, tag, ladder, hell in a cell, etc.
 •Management is standard Im@s fare. You choose one of the thirteen 765Pro idols as you, a Wrestling manager, help them become the champion of JWSF (the Joshi Wrestling Stars Federation).
 •A story mode will be featured that is about a wrestling tournament that the 765Pro idols partake in and see who can make it to the top. This is all part of a promotion deal for the idols to partake in Wrestling events, similar to Celebrity Matches. All of the events in the story mode are scripted (like actual pro wrestling) and all events will not apply to Im@s canon. There will be hidden behind the scenes movies that show how the idols feel about this new field.
 •The basic plot to management mode is similar to story mode in that its all a promotional stunt, however a good chunk of story mode's major events will not occur.
 •While the story mode and management mode has only 12 765Pro idols (13 for management), the VS Mode will have well over 30 playable characters, including Kotori (who is an unplayable referee in both story and management) and Yayoi (unplayable referee in story, manageable in management mode).
 •The standard roster and their allignments is:
 -Faces (Heroes): Haruka, Chihaya, Yukiho, Makoto
 -Tweeners (Neutral): Miki, Ritsuko, Ami, Mami
 -Heels (Villains): Takane, Hibiki, Iori, Azusa
 -Referees (NPCs in Story Mode): Yayoi, Kotori
*keep in mind, these only reflect their personalities during scripted events. In reality, they're the same 765Pro idols we know and love.

I have designs for some of the idols in wrestling attire. If you wish for me to upload them, let me know and also give your thoughts and questions on this little project. I will reply as soon as possible. Thank you for your time.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Game Idea (The Idolm@ster Wrestle for You!)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 06:42:51 pm »
I'm gonna be totally dead honest and say that I would play this if it were real.

Honestly, I really like the Wrestlem@ster MMD videos, even if I don't have an interest in actual professional wrestling, but iDOLM@STER makes everything appealing. Not really. But yeah.
Anyways!
Yeah, I can tell you've put thought into this, which is cool, and I honestly would play it. I like the idea. :)

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 06:51:27 pm »
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to post some character designs and info once I get home. I've had this idea in my head for a few months now and I think that now would be the perfect time to share it here.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 06:53:43 pm »
No problem! :D
I'll be looking forward to more info. :)

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 10:56:29 pm »
Iori Minase
Height: 153cm
Weight: 40kg
Birthday: May 5th
Blood Type: AB
Three Sizes: 77-54-79
Alignment: Heel
Default Tag Partner: Azusa

-Iori, in story mode, is Takane's brains in the group, making her one of the main antagonists.
-Her attacks have a pink heart motif to them.
-Her finisher, the Minase Melancholy, has toss Charles to her opponents face as she dropkicks them to the ropes and finishes them with a lariat to the face.
-She is a middleweight character who excels at defensive tactics, however her offense is rather lacking.
-Easter Egg: At the character select screen, holding down select while highlighting Iori will allow you to play as her in her First Vision hairstyle.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 11:27:11 pm »
-Her finisher, the Minase Melancholy, has toss Charles to her opponents face as she dropkicks them to the ropes and finishes them with a lariat to the face.

That's awesome.

Also, I really like the concept art! That's really good. :) It suits Iori well, but it's still kinda AU-ish? Does that make sense? XD

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 11:31:50 pm »
I guess what you're saying is that its different, but fitting for her?
Btw, expect more character info and art later today.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 12:00:24 am »
Chihaya Kisaragi
Height: 162cm
Weight: 41kg
Birthday: February 25th
Blood Type: A
Three Sizes: 72-55-78
Alignment: Face
Default Tag Partner: Haruka

-Chihaya, in story mode, is Haruka's sidekick (more or less) who is always supportive of her but is also trying he best to reach the top, even if she has to fight Haruka.
-She essentially has some of Haruka's moves, but has some moves of her own, essentially making her Haruka's Luigi.
-Her finisher, Blue Bird's Call, has her scream into her opponent's ear. As they are trying to recuperate, Chihaya gets behind her opponent and suplexes them.
-She is a middleweight character whose damage is slightly weak, but more than makes up for it with her fast strikes and amazing combo ability.
-Easter Egg: At the character select screen, holding down the select button while highlighting Chihaya will turn her hair black, like it was in Im@s Arcade
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 12:06:10 am »
Your drawings are good! :o

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 12:11:07 am »
Azusa Miura
Height: 168cm
Weight: 48kg
Birthday: July 19th
Blood Type: O
Three Sizes: 91-59-86
Alignment: "Heel"
Default Tag Partner: Iori

-Azusa, in story mode, is the beauty of Takane's group. However, Azusa is the ultimate example of a Villain in Name Only. She's still the kind Azusa that we all know and love as she treats everyone with kindness and respect and even refuses to cheat to the point that Takane gets rid of her near the game's climax.
-Azusa's moveset is mainly based around grapples, throws, and submissions. She DID learn joint locking, ya know.
-Her finisher, This One's Special, has her leave herself defenseless. Once hit, she will take it as inappropriate touching, get REALLY angry and start to (mildly) break almost every bone in her opponent's body.
-She is a heavyweight character who excels at grappling, throwing, and submissions, but her hand to hand is poor.
-Easter Egg: At the character select screen, holding down the select button while highlighting Azusa will grow her hair out and dye it black, like her hair was in Im@s Arcade.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:14:21 am by MetalPredat0r »
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 12:12:20 am »
Thanks, Liza. I take my time with them as well as use pictures from sources such as the Million Live cards as references for when I draw each character.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 12:32:22 am »
Takane Shijou
Height: 169cm
Weight: 49kg
Birthday: January 21st
Blood Type: B
Three Sizes: 90-62-92
Alignment: Heel
Default Tag Partner: Hibiki

-Takane, in story mode, is the main antagonist  and serves as the game's penultimate final boss in story mode and the final boss of arcade mode. Takane's plan is to take over the JWSF by eliminating everyone else and claiming the championship for herself in any way possible, mainly through cheating. She does get eliminated from the tournament after losing a match against Chihaya, which would make it seem like her plan has failed completely. However she bribes her way back into the tournament and, as an act of revenge, defeats Chihaya in a rematch, eliminating Chihaya from the tournament. Takane uses her knowledge of Kuroi back when she worked at 961Pro as an inspiration for writing herself as the villain. (Remember, Wrestle For You's story is just an act)
-Takane uses brute force and some judo moves as her moveset.
-Her finisher, Crying Lunarian, has her take out a chair and smack her opponent with it. She walks up to them and grabs them by the neck. Takane looks at the camera and says "Shhh... This is Top Secret.". The screen fades to black as the sounds of pummeling occur. The screen lights back up to see Takane's opponent knocked down, writhing in pain.
-She is a heavyweight character who has poor mobility, but excels at damage TREMENDOUSLY.
-Easter Egg: At the character select screen, holding down the select button while highlighting Takane will dye her hair blonde, like in the concept art for Im@s Arcade.

Takane's bio having so many spoilers indicates just how much of a role she plays.
(EDIT: Resized image so more of the character is visible. Now the entirety of the Silver Queen's Magnificence is visible for all to see!)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:46:28 am by MetalPredat0r »
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 12:43:33 am »
(Last one for today.)
Mami Futami
Height: 158cm
Weight: 42kg
Birthday: May 22nd
Blood Type: B
Three Sizes: 78-55-77
Alignment: Tweener
Default Tag Partner: Ami

-Mami, in story mode, serves as Iori's rival. She enters the tournament just to have her shot at beating Iori. This gets personal when Iori kidnaps Ami and has her bound and gagged in the ring. Unfortunately, Mami loses and is eliminated from the tournament.
-Mami uses quick strikes in moves that look similar to Ami's. Think of her as Yang from Street Fighter III.
-Her finisher, Imma Beat the Crap Outta You So Bad That Your Grandma All The Way Up In Eastern Japan Will Feel It!, has her engage in a cartoon cloud fight against her opponent. She then escapes from the cloud and walks backward. She then runs up to her opponent and performs a dropkick so hard that her opponent is sent SKYROCKETING off the arena and is seen in the distance as a star. The opponent crashes back into the ring.
-She is a lightweight character with fast strikes and great combo ability, but lacks good HP as she goes down rather quickly.
-Easter Egg: At the character select screen, holding down the select button while highlighting Mami will give her her hairstyle from First Vision

(EDIT: Resized image so more of the character is visible.
Mami: Check out Mami's badass cape NOW, Nii-Chan! ^w^! Can't have it on me in the ring, though. 3:!)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:47:50 am by MetalPredat0r »
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 01:05:26 am »
-Her finisher, Imma Beat the Crap Outta You So Bad That Your Grandma All The Way Up In Eastern Japan Will Feel It!, has her engage in a cartoon cloud fight against her opponent. She then escapes from the cloud and walks backward. She then runs up to her opponent and performs a dropkick so hard that her opponent is sent SKYROCKETING off the arena and is seen in the distance as a star. The opponent crashes back into the ring.

THAT IS THE GREATEST NAME FOR A FININSHING MOVE EVER OKAY? OKAY.

I guess what you're saying is that its different, but fitting for her?

Yeah, that's it. XD I guess it did make sense.

Also, I'm still impressed by your art.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 01:08:01 am »
Thanks. Since this weekend is a three day weekend, I can work more on the original 14 (Kotori counts) 765Pro idols. After them, I'll upload the secret characters.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator