Username: Password:

Author Topic: Grace's Project Idea/This Thread Doesn't Have a Witty Title  (Read 24166 times)

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
Grace's Project Idea/This Thread Doesn't Have a Witty Title
« on: February 12, 2014, 06:21:07 pm »
Well, everyone seems to be posting project ideas (I'm looking at you, ninjamitsuki and ZetaFlare), and, well...I have this idea. And I kinda wanna get feedback on it.

It will definitely be a fan-fiction because writing is the only thing I can do right featuring a cast of OCs I've invented throughout the years. The original idols and 876 Pro/the Jupiter boys will also play a few prominent roles.

So here's the thing: I've spent a good two years collecting up characters I've invented to be a whole OC cast of iDOLM@STER and assembled my top 20 favorites to form the "All-Stars" of my collection of characters. I want to write about the girls (and one boy) just kinda...going through their idol lives and trying to get to top idol. I want it to be written kinda like the SP games since that's the kind I'm most familiar with; you get to choose a character, follow them through lessons and communications, and all that. This is where the problem arises.

20 characters. Communications. One book. You can see how this would get really long. Not to mention I want to make a story out of it, with the 765 girls getting involved as rivals, friends, role models, etc. But I want to focus on one girl (or boy) at a time.

So I'm wondering. Should I maybe post, like, just a quick layout of profiles of the characters and let everyone pick a few favorites, and just focus on them, and ignore the others? Or just write everything out for all of the girls in no particular order and just let people skip to the ones that focus on their favorites? Or maybe even just post it all in twenty separate books and update them as I get ideas? I can probably definitely narrow it down to just twelve (or less) OCs too, so it's closer to the original cast and easier to write. But I'm gonna be honest, I'm a fan of these characters...I feel like they're original, and I want to write about them as though they are in the game, but also add in their own personal stories like the original girls had (like how Miki had her Awakened Miki route, I remember reading somewhere that Azusa and, I think, Takane got to confess to the Producer, Producer himself goes to America at the end of iM@S 2...).

I also plan on writing out multiple different endings per communication/lesson based on what the reader would say or how the idol would do in lessons.

Basically, I'm writing iDOLM@STER: The Fan-Fiction (With OCs).

So, um...yeah. I know I'm still new and I'm quite the amateur when it comes to iDOLM@STER and to writing, but I'm willing to give this a try, and I'd really appreciate any advice you could give me! :D Thanks. :)

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
Re: Grace's Project Idea/This Thread Doesn't Have a Witty Title
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 10:28:30 pm »
Or maybe even just post it all in twenty separate books and update them as I get ideas?

I think it's the best option! ;D I swear I'll read all of them! ;)

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 06:32:49 pm »
I think it's the best option! ;D I swear I'll read all of them! ;)

You're so loyal. ;-;

Alright, I think I'll try it like that, then. Do you think twenty is too much and I should narrow it down to, say, ten? Maybe twelve or thirteen? Because I'm starting to think that for a project this complicated, twenty would just drive me nuts. So I think I'll narrow it down.

Should I post up some profiles here? I've drawn two of them digitally already and will eventually get around to all of them. When that happens, you guys can see some character designs if you want to.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

liza94

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 06:45:56 pm »
Should I post up some profiles here? I've drawn two of them digitally already and will eventually get around to all of them. When that happens, you guys can see some character designs if you want to.

Alright, do it! ;)  I don't know if this topic is the right place, but could you post your Namuko Academy fanart as well?

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 06:50:01 pm »
Alright, do it! ;)  I don't know if this topic is the right place, but could you post your Namuko Academy fanart as well?

I think some profiles will be in order, then~. Maybe for now I'll just go ahead and post the two I've done so far. Or at least one. Because one of them is kinda bad~...
Also, I dunno if Namuko Academy will fit in here, but I will definitely post them on this forum one day! Once I figure out how to scan things onto the computer!
Actually, if I'm scanning things already, I've already drawn all my girls (and my boy) on paper, so I think I'll just wait and scan everything online one day. YAY ART.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

liza94

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 11:05:43 pm »
I think some profiles will be in order, then~. Maybe for now I'll just go ahead and post the two I've done so far. Or at least one. Because one of them is kinda bad~...
Also, I dunno if Namuko Academy will fit in here, but I will definitely post them on this forum one day! Once I figure out how to scan things onto the computer!
Actually, if I'm scanning things already, I've already drawn all my girls (and my boy) on paper, so I think I'll just wait and scan everything online one day. YAY ART.

I'm looking forward to it! ;)

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 01:09:42 am »
To anyone who cares:

I'm essentially done with profiles, but I'm going to choose not to post them yet until I have an opportunity to scan some art onto the computer so you can see the girls (and boy). I think I'll have you guys pick who you like the most and I'll just focus on those ones. Does that sound good?

Lol no one's even reading this but Liza :3

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 01:18:02 am »
Hey Grace! I like your idea to make this a New Generation story with the original Idolm@ster characters appearing at intervals. Can't wait to read up on all of them. Also, since you like all the characters you created, maybe the ones that don't make the cut can appear as sort of NPCs throughout a playable idol's story mode (like Project Fairy in SP, Jupiter in 2, or Yumeko, Cineria, and Mai in DS). That way it won't be a complete loss for you and those characters.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 01:23:56 am »
Hey Grace! I like your idea to make this a New Generation story with the original Idolm@ster characters appearing at intervals. Can't wait to read up on all of them. Also, since you like all the characters you created, maybe the ones that don't make the cut can appear as sort of NPCs throughout a playable idol's story mode (like Project Fairy in SP, Jupiter in 2, or Yumeko, Cineria, and Mai in DS). That way it won't be a complete loss for you and those characters.

Thank you very much! That's a good idea, actually. Considering that I kinda want all of them involved in some way or another, maybe just having the ones I don't include show up every once in a while is a good plan.
Alright! Thanks for the feedback, and look forward to the profiles if I can ever get pictures on here! :D

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 08:15:23 pm »
Update!:

Profiles are all complete, in addition to a quick description of all the agencies/groups involved. I'm still waiting on pictures. Once those are here, everything will be posted as soon as possible, and you guys can pick favorites. Sound good?

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 03:02:49 am »
YAY! Finally figured out how to scan and got that done! I know everyone else waited a day or two in-between posting their bios for characters, but I have everything done now, so I'm just gonna get it ALL out of the way tonight! ;D Hope you don't mind.

I voice all my characters myself (no joke) and have already recorded two idol solos as all of these girls (not Kenchi, I've never sung as him but I know how I want him to sound). The challenge, then, was picking an existing singer that sounds the way I want them to sound. So where the bio says "Best Match", that is the best existing match for the voice I want them to have.

Also, these drawings were in no way meant to be professional. I was just sketching out how the girls look in a journal-y notebook thing I have. So there are images in the way of some of the girls. And those numbers that might be above some of their heads are the numbers of their character stat. I ran out of room. Some characters will have more shown than others, because some I had more room than others.

With all this, this post is getting a tad long and I need lots of room, so, in just a minute, I will get started on the profiles and hopefully finish all of them tonight! :D Be sure to let me know if there are any you like in particular! Thank you!

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 03:12:29 am »
Name: Yamada Fuyu
B-W-H: 82-54-85
Hobbies: Drawing, Kite-flying, Watching the snow fall in winter
Image Color: Cream
Fuyu and her twin brother Yousuke were born to a Japanese mother and an Irish father. They were born and raised in their father's home country, but re-located to Japan with both parents about three years prior to the start of the story. While living in Ireland, Fuyu attempted to become a star of the music industry, but she was a bit shy, and her skills were rough. Fuyu was dejected, but upon moving to Japan her family, who felt she had potential, encouraged her to try it again. She put in practice to work on her skills and auditioned to join Dreamland Pro, her native agency. The president of the agency felt she had a unique style and allowed her to join. After two years of performing with Dreamland Pro, Fuyu was invited to join the All-Stars.
Fuyu's dance stat is not the best. While her movements are fluid, she has troubles with timing and tends to fall out of step a lot.
Fuyu's visual stat is her highest stat. She has a unique appearance due to her Irish heritage, with naturally light ginger hair and bright green eyes. She's widely considered to be one of the more beautiful All-Stars..
Fuyu's vocal stat is high, but not as high as her visual. She has impressive range and soft, lilting vocals. Her problem lies when she tries to do a bit too much with her voice.
Fuyu's character is relatively high. She is somewhat easily discouraged, but is also easily encouraged. Though she has moments of self-doubt, a quick compliment will get her back on her feet.
Best Match for Fuyu's Voice: KOKIA
Rival: Takane, in a friendly way. Both of them are a little off in their own ways, and Takane is also rumored to be a foreigner. Because of Takane's great vocal skill, Fuyu admires her and wants to one day perform alongside her.
Best Friend: Megumi, a meganekko from Dreamland Pro. She was the first idol to welcome Fuyu to the agency, and the two became fast friends.
Fun Fact: Fuyu's name was originally Madelyn O'Brien. Worried about being treated badly for being a foreigner, she adopted the name “Yamada Fuyu” upon moving to Japan, taking her mother's surname and a first name that matched her favorite season. Yousuke borrowed the name of their mother's father. Despite the fact that she now speaks fluent Japanese in addition to English, Fuyu still has a slight Irish accent that really comes through in her English, but is still ever-so-slightly hear-able in her Japanese. This makes her speech sound a bit awkward.

(Don't ask what that is on her shirt. I have no idea. A pattern of sorts, I guess.)
Anyways. The idol's personal signature is included on the sketch, to the right of the actual drawing. Fuyu's signature is written first name-last name like Western countries do it due to her Irish heritage. I think the rest are written in last name-first name like Japanese people do.

...ehehe, I'm embarrassed to be posting my art in a public place since I'm really not very good~... ^///^
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:03:53 pm by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 03:17:49 am »
Name: Dayo Enra
B-W-H: 102-62-87
Hobbies: Kendo, Karate, Studying shinobi
Image Color: Slate
Enra's family owns a shrine up in the mountains. Her mother was adept at traditional Japanese dance and attempted to pass this knowledge on to her daughter. However, Enra always longed for a more risky and exciting lifestyle. While a piece of her enjoyed dancing, she couldn't stand the thought of doing something so “boring” for her whole life. She started out just taking kendo classes in town, joining the karate club in school, and practicing singing in her spare time, but eventually the prospect of being an idol came to mind. She loved the idea of being able to put herself out there in the world and enjoy life to the fullest without giving up dance completely, and thus attempted to join a tiny little agency that was just starting out. When she felt she had learned all from that experience that she could, she quit and pursued a position in a bigger agency—Dreamland Pro. Her first attempt, she was rejected; the president felt she was a bit too antisocial and was holding back too much. So Enra put in more practice and tried again. Her second audition was successful, and after about three years of performing with Dreamland Pro, she was invited to join the All-Stars.
Enra's dance stat is quite high due to her previous formal training...but her large bust often gets in the way of more “hoppy” dances. It very much depends on the type of dance she is doing, but no matter what, her movements are always clean and flow easily.
Enra's visual stat is her highest stat due to her figure and her pretty face. However, she has a couple of scars (likely from one of her risk-taking adventures) that detract from her beauty, and she never smiles. This doesn't stop her from having one of the highest visual stats of the group.
Enra's vocals are her lowest stat (besides character). While her voice is good, it is not great, and she knows that she still has a lot of training to do before she can be the best.
Enra's character is quite low. She's very antisocial and has a hard time interacting with her fans, which can be problematic. However, she doesn't lose tension easily and is quite dedicated to her work. The problem arises when you try to get her to cooperate with other idols—she is very much a lone wolf, and prefers to keep it that way. In addition, Enra is a fan of dangerous stunts and often attempts things that could get her in trouble or end her career. It's up to the producer of the All-Stars and the other members to keep Enra from getting herself fired.
Best Match: Shimizu Kaori
Rival: Takane, in an aggressive way. Enra is secretly jealous of Takane's high vocal skill and aims to overthrow the Silver Queen by beating her in terms of visual appeal. This still proves to be a difficult task, as, well...Takane is gorgeous, you've gotta admit.
Best Friend: Enra doesn't have any friends.
Fun Fact: She speaks using very formal language like Takane, as she was raised to be constantly polite. She also collects knives. A strange hobby, but nonetheless one she enjoys.

IMPORTANT!:
The idols' vocal stats and my little commentary (is that the right word?) DOES NOT necessarily reflect my personal views of how the singers themselves sing! Remember, I voice my own characters, and these singers just happen to suit the character's voice best. My little commentary is simply stating how the idol herself (or himself) sings, not how the voice actress/singer sings. Does that make sense?
That was mostly for you, liza94. :3 I know how much you love Kaori Shimizu.

I should have colored Enra's scar differently, but...meh...
Also, the "CREATE" emblem is one of those random images I mentioned earlier.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 03:20:50 am »
Name: Odorou Byakura
B-W-H: 70-52-75
Hobbies: Ice-skating, Walking and picnic-ing, Baking
Image Color: Ice Blue
Byakura has always been very shy and reserved, and was often bullied in school because of her slight weirdness. While Byakura tried not to be bothered, she usually cried herself to sleep that night. It was around high school when she realized that she really enjoyed singing and dancing, and began putting work into improving. Her parents and little brother enjoyed hearing her sing, and her mother submitted her resume to 331 Pro without her knowing, much like what Yukiho's friend did for her. Byakura was shocked, but decided to go ahead and give it a try. She was accepted into the agency and invited to join the All-Stars about a year later.
Byakura's dance stat is very low. She is not athletic and her stamina is quite weak, but her movements are graceful. She must put in a lot of work to improve at her dance.
Byakura's visual stat is her highest stat, due to her gentle, pretty face. While she is said to be quite beautiful, she is also very reserved and thus tends to hide her face behind long bangs.
Byakura's vocal stat is quite high due to her soft, lilting vocals. However, she's very quiet and needs to put more effort into making herself heard before she can become a true vocal master.
Byakura's character is average. She truly enjoys singing and wants to continue it no matter what, but she is easily discouraged and cries quite a lot. Uane doesn't help.
Best Match: I want to say Hanazawa Kana, but she's kinda “taken”. The next best match is Horie Yui.
Rival: Chihaya, in a role model kind of way. Byakura greatly admires Chihaya and would love to one day perform alongside her. She aims to reach Chihaya's level of skill. Also, to a lesser extent, Yukiho. They have similar personalities and thus get along very well. Byakura would one day like to perform alongside her.
Best Friend: Izuni, one of her fellow idols at 331 Pro. Izuni wants to be a motivational speaker, and Byakura lacks self-confidence. Together, they make quite a pair.
Fun Fact: Byakura never takes off her hat. No matter what. Ever.

Lol Byakura what are your hands doing? Derp.
There's going to be something at the end of every one of these, just so you know.
Seriously though, I'm sorry about those hands.
...ehehe~, I'm still embarrassed~...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:04:56 pm by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 03:26:24 am »
Name: Nakamura Kentaro/“Kenchi”
B-W-H: 87-75-85
Hobbies: Watching movies, Pottery, Kendo
Image Color: Azure
Kentaro, or Kenchi as he is frequently called, is the only boy in the group of All-Stars. Kenchi is the hard worker of his family, which consists of himself, his twin sister Kyoko, and his older brother Kyou, and takes on many part-time jobs to support them. But when he was around fifteen, Kyoko and Kyou noticed that he had a talent for singing and encouraged him to try and become an idol. In fact, the whole family agreed to give it a try, and so the Nakamura children made the attempt to join 331 Pro. Thankfully, they were accepted and taken in. While Kyoko and Kyou were talented, Kenchi was constantly improving, putting all of his effort into getting better and better. It was because of his work ethic and his steady improvement that he was invited into the All-Stars. At first, he was wary of leaving his siblings behind, but they encouraged him to accept the offer. Upon realizing that not only were Kyoko and Kyou happy to let him take the opportunity, but that this was also a chance to make a bit of extra money as a potentially more successful idol, Kenchi accepted.
Kenchi's dance stat is his highest, due to his athleticism and hard work. His style of dance tends to change depending on the kind of dance and song being performed, but his stamina is near-unmatched.
Kenchi's visual stat is decently high. He's very tall and thin, and has an attractive face that makes him quite popular at his school, though his shy personality keeps him from being too flashy.
Kenchi's vocal stat is high. He has a voice quite unlike that of many other male singers in the industry, with an almost breathless sound and soft vocals. Still, he is able to summon a good amount of emotion for the songs he sings.
Kenchi's character depends on his mood, but is usually high. Because of his dedication, willingness to accept criticism, and strong work ethic, he is almost always in high spirits. However, his social awkwardness makes him a bit troubling to work with at times.
Best Match: OMG I FOUND ONE WHAT.
Kony.
Rival: None.
Best Friend: Kyoko and Kyou, his siblings.
Fun Facts: He is desperately in love with Kikuchi Makoto; upon watching a performance put on by 765 Pro for the first time, he was immediately entranced by her “beauty” and often rants for hours about how he plans to marry her one day...despite the fact that they've never actually met until the events of the story/game. Upon meeting, Makoto is first slightly creeped out by this guy she's never met claiming to be her future husband, but the attention is flattering nonetheless, and they eventually become good friends. Kenchi also has a secret “dark side” people have nicknamed “Dark Kenchi”, as a result of storing away his more rambunctious side. He's very good at holding this side of him back for the most part, but when someone either insults his family, brings up his parents or his missing eye , or is seen paying too much attention, good OR bad, to Makoto, he almost inevitably loses control and goes on a wild rampage. Friends of his will be able to calm him out of it with minimal trouble, though, and Kenchi is always quick to apologize for any trouble he may have caused. This doesn't stop some of the fellow All-Stars from being rather afraid of him, Ruka in particular, who has nicknamed him “Kowai-kun”.

Kenchi has evolved the most out of this group. At first, he wasn't even an idol. He was just a sarcastic jerkface who showed up from out of nowhere and teased people.
I have always and forever intended him to have an obsession with romantic interest in Makoto, though. Because I love her, and since I love her, he has to love her too. Of course, idols aren't technically allowed to date (HAHA I JUST DESTROYED ALL YOUR SHIPS BECAUSE IF THEY BECOME CANON THE IDOLS WILL LOSE THEIR JOBS OR SOMETHING.), so the feeling is very much an unrequited love. Except I think he'll probably take her on a date in disguise in story. If she says yes. Which she probably wouldn't since she turned down HOKUTO for the sake of Producer. So actually, never mind.
Ha. This was long.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:51:10 am by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!