Username: Password:

Author Topic: Grace's Project Idea/This Thread Doesn't Have a Witty Title  (Read 24534 times)

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
Re: Grace's Project Idea/This Thread Doesn't Have a Witty Title
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 04:14:41 am »
Five more! Almost done! FORGIVE MEEEEEEE.

Name: Atsui Neku
B-W-H: 72-52-72
Hobbies: Playing with animals, Playing the harp
Image Color: Tan
Neku used to work as a volunteer at her local animal shelter. While she was there, she met a woman who loved to sing. Neku really adored this woman's voice and the woman herself, calling her “Onee-san” and listening to her sing whenever she had some time off. Neku learned that the woman had always wanted to be an idol, but had gotten an injury in her left foot that prevented her from doing rough movements. The fact that she couldn't dance meant she couldn't be an idol, and she had decided to continue work at the shelter instead of pursue a career as a simple singer. This news saddened Neku, who decided that she would become an idol to carry on that woman's dream for her. The woman promised to support Neku no matter what and sounded very grateful that the girl was willing to work at becoming an idol just for her, even if it meant Neku had to give up seeing her favorite animals. Neku worked hard and was able to join 331 Pro. About a year after her official debut, seeing that she was talented and had been steadily improving, Neku was invited to join the All-Stars. She readily accepted, sensing it as a chance to take the dream she bore even higher.
Neku's dance stat is average. She is a smooth dancer with lots of energy, but she has problems with choreography and needs to go over things a multitude of times before she has it perfect.
Neku's visual stat is average. She is a cute girl, but nothing really stands out about her. Still, Neku has a friendly, charming face.
Neku's vocal stat is slightly below average. While her voice is good and cute, she lacks talent in the more technical aspects of singing such as good diction and hitting more difficult notes square-on.
Neku's character is slightly above average. She has determination and a friendly attitude, but sometimes finds herself in a state of near-depression when she thinks she isn't accomplishing anything or she misses her time at the shelter.
Best Match: Omoto Ayano
Rival: Yayoi, in a friendly sort of way. She has lots of fun whenever she has a chance to goof off with Yayoi and truly enjoys her company. One day, she wants to take Yayoi to a zoo.
Best Friend: Hiromi, another All-Star who is like a big sister to Neku.
Fun Fact: Neku likes to end her sentences with “nyan”.

Why, yes. That is supposed to be a cat on her shirt. I cannot draw animals.
Or hands.
But overall, I like how Neku turned out.

Ayano Omoto is the name of one of the members of Perfume, for those who don't know, but want to.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 04:20:53 am »
Name: Kikuchi Natsuki
B-W-H: 92-55-78
Hobbies: Teasing her brother, Movies, Sneaking to parties
Image Color: Magenta
Natsuki is a distant cousin of Makoto's. The two have only heard stories of the other and don't really remember each other...until Natsuki sees Makoto performing on TV. Suddenly, images of her cousin are popping up everywhere, and Natsuki is so thrilled at the idea of having a famous family member that she decides to go meet her. But a small piece of her says that to approach a famous person and suddenly make yourself known is a bad idea. Thus, to catch Makoto's attention, Natsuki decides to try becoming an idol too. She is accepted into Dreamland Pro and at the peak of her career is invited into the all-Stars. Excitedly, Natsuki accepts. At the beginning of the story, she has just finally decided to approach her cousin, and the two end up getting along. Natsuki is infatuated with Makoto and is constantly thinking of new ways to impress her. The feeling is quite one-sided—Natsuki was told that Makoto is just a bit jealous of her girliness and femininity.
Natsuki's dance stat is high, simply because she wants to be like her cousin. While her dance skills don't match Natsu's, Hibiki's, or Makoto's, she works hard and is constantly improving. Her dance style tends to be very upbeat.
Natsuki's visual stat is the highest of all the All-Stars and may even be on par with Miki's. She has a cute face, but manages to be almost beautiful at the same time. Her bust doesn't help (or maybe it does...?).
Natsuki's vocal stat is also quite high, making her among the most talented of the All-Stars, though it is not as high as Uane or Chihaya. She has a good range, though sometimes notes sound awkward and shaky.
Natsuki's character is very high, though not as high as Yayoi, Haruka, or Aime. She's almost always smiling and is a bit ditsy, but nonetheless a fun person to be around.
Best Match: Norano Neko
Rival: Miki, in a friendly way. Both of them are like the visual queens of their respective agencies/groups. Natsuki thinks Miki is very cute and pretty, and as the two are both pretty much your average teenage girl, they get along well. One day, Natsuki wants to go shopping at the mall with Miki. Natsuki is also rivals with her cousin, Makoto, to an extent. She wants to prove to Makoto that she can be a talented idol and one day wants to perform with her.
Best Friend: Makoto
Fun Fact: The reasoning behind making Natsuki Makoto's cousin is that she originated in a roleplay with a friend of mine when she was invented to be Makoto's...daughter. Um, so, yeah, no. But I really loved Natsuki as a character and the relationship she had with Makoto, so...she became her cousin. And that's totally logical, right? Unless both of Makoto's parents were only children or their siblings never had kids. Which is actually highly likely. ...huh.

That fun fact is not a joke.
Did any of you read about that weird dream I had where I was Makoto and I was married to my friend's OC Cody? Well, my friend and I were REALLY REALLY bored and roleplayed that once. Apparently they ended up with teenaged children despite remaining 17 themselves. Don't ask m to explain that.
Obviously, Makoto doesn't have a daughter. Next best thing was cousin, because it's pretty obvious she's an only child, so no sister.
I didn't like the idea of "long lost cousins", but since in-universe Makoto never mentions a cousin, I toyed with the idea a bit.
I have cousins my parents talk about sometimes, but I don't ever remember them until something about them comes up in conversation.
So. There's your explanation. I tried to avoid toying with canon as much as possible while still maintaining the relationship the two had.

That was long.

But anyhow, I'm quite pleased with Natsuki's design. She's one of my favorites. What about you guys?

Also! Neko Norano is the voice of Touhou Project's Alice Margatroid.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 04:27:01 am »
Name: Tsukikira Yori
B-W-H: 81-53-83
Hobbies: Writing, Going online, Collecting keychains
Image Color: Navy Blue
Yori honestly did not want to be an idol. She was quite content sitting in her home doing jig-saw puzzles and surfing the web. But a couple of meddling friends of hers thought she had a lovely voice, and submitted a resume for her to 331 Pro. The president liked Yori and asked for her to come by and audition. Yori did not want to, but the pushing of her friends and her beloved little sister Manami made her finally cave and show up. She was accepted into the agency, but even then, Yori put minimal effort into improving. Apparently, her natural skill was enough to get her into the All-Stars, because she was invited to join up.
Yori's dance stat is her lowest stat. While she can easily perform dances if she has choreography and learns rather quickly, her stamina is very lacking and hard dances make her tired easily. Her style is very to-the-letter, and she doesn't tend to defect from the choreography.
Yori's visual stat is very much average if not slightly below average. While she is decently attractive to look at, she doesn't have any particularly impressive traits that make her stand out and doesn't put effort into making herself look good. Her smiles onstage are mostly fake.
Yori's vocal stat is her highest stat and the only reason she is still an idol. She received formal voice training from an esteemed music teacher and thus has good diction and other technical aspects of singing. Her voice is naturally good, but not good enough to rival Uane or Chihaya. She doesn't tend to put much effort into anything, but is big on capturing the correct emotion of the song. Cute songs are awkward for her, however.
Yori's character is among the worst of the idols, but that's only because she's lazy. She is quick to jump to the defense of the weaker man, and is very easygoing. If you can get Yori motivated, she is easy to handle, but the hard part is making her care about anything.
Best Match: Me. Just kidding. Uemura Kana.
Rival: None. Yori doesn't care enough to have a rival.
Best Friend: Manami, her younger sister.
Fun Fact: Yori was actually created based off of myself. She was given my voice, and a part of my personality. The really apathetic, lazy part that wants to just lie around in bed all day. She doesn't look like me, though. And I promise she's not an annoying Mary Sue character that's just perfect without having to do anything.

You know that sister I keep mentioning who's better than me at everything? XD That's "Manami". She'll be showing up to get Yori motivated sometimes.

I want to own Yori's upside-down stick-person shirt.
Lol Yori your hand is such a derp.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2014, 04:31:49 am »
Last two! After the twins, I'll post a quick summary of each of the new agencies involved and of the All-Stars, and a super-quick bio of the Producer, who will remain nameless.

Name: Sakibara Nami
B-W-H: 65-50-66
Hobbies: Art, Literature, Daydreaming
Image Color: Brown
Nami is the feminine counterpart to her tomboy twin sister Natsu. She is the younger twin, but is more mature than her sister and is the one who introduced Natsu to the idol world. Nami admired the girls who could go up on stage and sing and dance to their hearts' content, and so when Natsu suggested that they try to become idols themselves, Nami readily agreed. They auditioned for Dreamland Pro together and were accepted. They were invited to join the All-Stars about a year later.
Nami's dance stat is slightly above average, due to the training she receives from Natsu, who is a dance master. Her natural skill at dancing is decent, though she tends to forget steps easily and has to repeat them multiple times to get them memorized. Her dance style is very flowing and graceful, if not just a bit bouncy. (Don't take that the wrong way.)
Nami's visual stat is her highest stat. She has a pretty face and a very small waist that makes for a decent figure even if her bust and hips are small.
Nami's vocal stat is high, due to her soft, almost breathless sound. Her voice has the power needed to hit notes well and make herself heard, but still soft and pretty. She also has a good vocal range. Still, her voice pales in comparison to such singers as Uane, Takane, and Chihaya.
Nami's character is average. While having Natsu around usually keeps her spirits high, when separated from Natsu even for a short time she is prone to loud outbursts of sobs and is quite jittery and nervous. While a bit tough to handle, Nami is sweet and friendly, and if kept around Natsu, she is easy to get along with.
Best Match: Yanagi Nagi. Except maybe a bit younger-sounding.
Rival: Yukiho, in a friendly way. Nami admires the courage Yukiho displays in performing despite her low confidence. One day, she'd like to read some of Yukiho's poetry.
Best Friend: Natsu, her twin sister.
Fun Fact: Nami is a huge fan of Project Jupiter just because she thinks they're hot. She's actually very into boys and is often found squealing over the latest attractive boy celebrity. Also, she only performs idol work with Natsu, as opposed to Ami and Mami who are still able to be separated. Nami and Natsu operate as a single unit.

Lol what is your hand?
I really do like the twins, though.

Here's a great example of what I was talking about before, about the idols' stats not matching my opinion of their chosen voice actress. I ADORE Nagi Yanagi. You have NO IDEA. I am the biggest fan of her voice. But Nami's vocal stat is not as high as I think Nagi Yanagi's would be (OVER 9000), so she was given a lower vocal stat.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 04:35:52 am »
Name: Sakibara Natsu
B-W-H: 69-52-72
Hobbies: Sports, Listening to music, Playing guitar
Image Color: Brown
Natsu is a tomboy through-and-through. She enjoys sports, playing guitar, and being with her sister...oh, and singing. While most of Natsu's thoughts go towards how she'll make the next big play in soccer, she was introduced to the idol culture by Nami and ended up liking what she saw. And while Natsu is more interested in rock bands than going on dates, secretly she's a true romantic and would like to fall in love one day. In order to make herself more well-known and make herself appear more appealing, she decided to try to become an idol with Nami. The pair was accepted by Dreamland Pro, and about a year later were invited into the All-Stars.
Natsu's dance stat is the highest of all the All-Stars. Her stamina is near-unmatched, and she is able to quickly make difficult movements. Her dance style is very sharp and punctual.
Natsu's visual stat is average. She looks rather masculine, but also has a very pretty, feminine face like her twin sister. Her appearance thus remains somewhat in-the-middle.
Natsu's vocal stat is relatively high, but nowhere near maxed out. She has a good range, though high notes sometimes sound awkward. Still, she is able to hit notes easily and her voice is thick and smooth.
Natsu's character is decently high, hindered only by her hot temper. While her temper is very active, she is also very determined and outgoing, and her friendliness is almost contagious.
Best Match: Kobayashi Yuu.
Rival: Makoto, in a...complicated sort of way. When Natsu first saw Makoto, she, like many others, thought Makoto was a boy. This led to Natsu almost instantly falling in love. She was crushed when she first met Makoto and learned that she was, in fact, a girl, which led to her instantly desiring revenge. However, the two are quite similar and end up getting along quite well, which causes Natsu's crush to show signs again. One day, Natsu would like to viciously crush Makoto in a festival...then take her out to eat afterwards to make up for it.
Best Friend: Nami, her twin sister.
Fun Fact: Natsu secretly really enjoys wearing Cute & Girly outfits, though she'd never tell anyone that. Also, she only performs idol work with Nami, as opposed to Ami and Mami who are still able to be separated. Natsu and Nami operate as a single unit.

Natsu's feelings towards Makoto parallel my own. I love you so much. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE A GIRL. GOSH DARN IT STOP MAKING ME LOOK WEIRD. ;A;

I really love Natsu and Nami's design's though.

That wraps up the profiles! Now onto the quick agency bios and a quick layout on the Producer. Who were your favorites, if you had any? :)

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 04:39:14 am »
I AIN'T LEAVING 'TIL I'M DONE. AGENCY BIOS, GO!!
All in one post this time, though, so not as long!

Agency Name: Dreamland Pro
Members: Yamada Fuyu, Dayo Enra, Seiko Aime, Osaka Guru, Ichibyou Ruka, Mei Soumin, Kumamiru Benima, Sakibara Nami and Natsu, Nandaka Chiharu, and Kikuchi Natsuki
President: Himura Usagi
Been around for: About three years, though its past year has bred the most successful idols.
Dreamland Pro, or DP as it is sometimes called, was the birthplace of about half the current group of All-Stars. It is a relatively new agency that exists not to promote competition, but to raise a successful and talented group of young idols. Its president, Usagi, is very protective over her idols, and when they are threatened by an enemy agency will usually attempt a diplomatic and peaceful approach. If this doesn't work, Usagi is known to take almost any path necessary to ensure that her idols are sheltered from the cruelty of the world. Due to this, most of the DP idols think of her more like a mother than a president, and Ruka even calls her “Oka-chan”. There is only one producer, a female producer named Hoshikawa Suki. Suki gets along well with all the idols and was more than happy to see many of them get invited to join the All-Stars. All-in-all, Dreamland Pro is quite an easygoing agency that raised its idols to be more into following their personal dreams than crushing the competition and becoming a top idol. Usagi's motto is, “If my idols are happy, that's all that matters.”

Agency Name: 331 Pro (I'm not positive how this would be pronounced, so if anyone can help, it's greatly appreciated.)
Members: Odorou Byakura, Kagakagari Hiromi, Tamatsuki Uane, Atsui Neku, Miyakawa Haru, Wakabayashi Koko, Numakura Mariko, Tsukikira Yori, and Nakamura Kentaro/“Kenchi”
President: Akasaka Nao
Been around for: About three years, though until these last two years, no one really knew about it.
331 Pro is the equivalent of 961 Pro in this story. They were the ones that would lie, cheat, bribe, and gossip their way to the top, through whatever means necessary. Most of the girls knew this, but willingly stayed with the agency because their president, Nao, made it sound like they would have nowhere else to go if they quit. Uane was Nao's favorite idol—and that was made very clear—because Uane was perfectly willing to go along with any of Nao's evil plots. They usually targeted small agencies and thus didn't get involved with 961 or 765, or even 876, choosing instead to take down puny, baby agencies that were just starting out. They butted heads with Dreamland Pro a few times, but Usagi made sure Nao's plans didn't hinder her idols too much. They have no producers, instead relying on Nao herself and, to a lesser extent, the “agency leader” Uane, to get jobs and opportunities for the idols. However, many of the idols in 331 were, in fact, very talented, and thus were invited to join the All-Stars. Nao's motto is, “If you can't stand the heat, you never should have existed in the first place.”

Agency Name: All-Stars
Members: Everyone I've previously mentioned
President: Grace *last name is not disclosed*
Though not technically an agency, the All-Stars is, instead, a group of the most talented new idols from the agencies 331 Pro and Dreamland Pro, created as a sort of rival team to the talented and popular agencies 961 Pro, 876 Pro, and, especially, 765 Pro. The creator of the group, a woman known only as Grace, rarely makes appearances in the studio where they work, instead simply sending the producer to tend to the idols. Grace's goal in creating the All-Stars was to assemble a group she thought was talented and fun to watch, and then let them take off and fulfill their dreams. She wishes to create a group of top idols. The group has only one male producer, but a few of the more mature idols will occasionally lend him a hand in keeping everything under control, or even just giving him tea when he is too stressed out to continue. While what he could really use is Grace's help, she doesn't really do much, and instead laughs at him from a comfy chair in her office. Grace's motto is, “This is my motto!”
(Yes, I AM in fact Grace. Thank you for noticing. SELF-INSERTS. TWO OF THEM COUNTING YORI. WELCOME TO MY WRITING STYLE.)

Producer bio-thingy-thing:
Name: Unknown. Everyone calls him “Producer” or some variation.
Affiliation: The sole producer of the All-Stars group.
Just like in the original games, the producer in this story remains nameless. The story is written in a first-person narrative in situations the Producer is involved in. The Producer's actions are decided by the reader's choice, but he is usually a hard-working, mature man, if not somewhat of a pervert at times.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 04:43:19 am »
Enra, Benima, Neku, and Chiharu are ending up becoming good favorites of mine. Yori sounds like one you'll have a LOT of fun writing for.

And I swear the moment you mentioned Ruka resembling Jigglypuff, I had "Ruka: The Dragon Slayer" pop into my head!
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2014, 04:47:36 am »
Enra, Benima, Neku, and Chiharu are ending up becoming good favorites of mine. Yori sounds like one you'll have a LOT of fun writing for.

And I swear the moment you mentioned Ruka resembling Jigglypuff, I had "Ruka: The Dragon Slayer" pop into my head!

Thank you~, I'm actually quite fond of Enra in particular too~.
Yori will be fun. And easy. Because she's like what happens if you combined me and Miki and then dumped a whole bucket of Apathy into the mix, and then baked for thirty minutes on high. :3

That would probably be hilarious if I played more Pokemon and thus knew what that meant. *shot*

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2014, 04:55:30 am »
I've written a quick prologue that will remain as part of the story no matter how it ends up being written, and also a quick sample of how communications will be written based around the producer's first meeting with Fuyu that will probably be edited or deleted completely depending on how I end up writing this. If anyone is interested, let me know, and I'll try to get it up somewhere so you can take a look. :)

Remember, I'm still looking for ideas on how it should be written: twenty separate books? One big, long book with all the girls? Write only as a handful of characters, like, who everyone likes best? Any feedback is appreciated! So far I have on vote for twenty separate books. I'm thinking I'll go with that.

Thank you very much to everyone who has been supporting this project thus far! You guys are the best. :3

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2014, 11:25:18 am »
Name: Dayo Enra
B-W-H: 102-62-87
Hobbies: Kendo, Karate, Studying shinobi
Image Color: Slate
Enra's family owns a shrine up in the mountains. Her mother was adept at traditional Japanese dance and attempted to pass this knowledge on to her daughter. However, Enra always longed for a more risky and exciting lifestyle. While a piece of her enjoyed dancing, she couldn't stand the thought of doing something so “boring” for her whole life. She started out just taking kendo classes in town, joining the karate club in school, and practicing singing in her spare time, but eventually the prospect of being an idol came to mind. She loved the idea of being able to put herself out there in the world and enjoy life to the fullest without giving up dance completely, and thus attempted to join a tiny little agency that was just starting out. When she felt she had learned all from that experience that she could, she quit and pursued a position in a bigger agency—Dreamland Pro. Her first attempt, she was rejected; the president felt she was a bit too antisocial and was holding back too much. So Enra put in more practice and tried again. Her second audition was successful, and after about three years of performing with Dreamland Pro, she was invited to join the All-Stars.
Enra's dance stat is quite high due to her previous formal training...but her large bust often gets in the way of more “hoppy” dances. It very much depends on the type of dance she is doing, but no matter what, her movements are always clean and flow easily.
Enra's visual stat is her highest stat due to her figure and her pretty face. However, she has a couple of scars (likely from one of her risk-taking adventures) that detract from her beauty, and she never smiles. This doesn't stop her from having one of the highest visual stats of the group.
Enra's vocals are her lowest stat (besides character). While her voice is good, it is not great, and she knows that she still has a lot of training to do before she can be the best.
Enra's character is quite low. She's very antisocial and has a hard time interacting with her fans, which can be problematic. However, she doesn't lose tension easily and is quite dedicated to her work. The problem arises when you try to get her to cooperate with other idols—she is very much a lone wolf, and prefers to keep it that way. In addition, Enra is a fan of dangerous stunts and often attempts things that could get her in trouble or end her career. It's up to the producer of the All-Stars and the other members to keep Enra from getting herself fired.
Best Match: Shimizu Kaori
Rival: Takane, in an aggressive way. Enra is secretly jealous of Takane's high vocal skill and aims to overthrow the Silver Queen by beating her in terms of visual appeal. This still proves to be a difficult task, as, well...Takane is gorgeous, you've gotta admit.
Best Friend: Enra doesn't have any friends.
Fun Fact: She speaks using very formal language like Takane, as she was raised to be constantly polite. She also collects knives. A strange hobby, but nonetheless one she enjoys.

IMPORTANT!:
The idols' vocal stats and my little commentary (is that the right word?) DOES NOT necessarily reflect my personal views of how the singers themselves sing! Remember, I voice my own characters, and these singers just happen to suit the character's voice best. My little commentary is simply stating how the idol herself (or himself) sings, not how the voice actress/singer sings. Does that make sense?
That was mostly for you, liza94. :3 I know how much you love Kaori Shimizu.

I should have colored Enra's scar differently, but...meh...
Also, the "CREATE" emblem is one of those random images I mentioned earlier.

I have just one word: SIGNUM-SAMA!

I get it, I get it! It's just like Rival Auditions in SP, when Chihaya is on the second place and Miki is on the first one. Such a thing usually impossible, but explanation is simple - Kuroi bribed everyone! And don't forget about the episode 26, where Chihaya was scored 72 in the karaoke! Kuroi has a very beautiful voice himself, so Chihaya and Enra are primary rivals to him! ;)

I'm glad I'm not only one who thinks Chihaya-Master and Takane have similar voices.

Name: Odorou Byakura
B-W-H: 70-52-75
Hobbies: Ice-skating, Walking and picnic-ing, Baking
Image Color: Ice Blue
Byakura has always been very shy and reserved, and was often bullied in school because of her slight weirdness. While Byakura tried not to be bothered, she usually cried herself to sleep that night. It was around high school when she realized that she really enjoyed singing and dancing, and began putting work into improving. Her parents and little brother enjoyed hearing her sing, and her mother submitted her resume to 331 Pro without her knowing, much like what Yukiho's friend did for her. Byakura was shocked, but decided to go ahead and give it a try. She was accepted into the agency and invited to join the All-Stars about a year later.
Byakura's dance stat is very low. She is not athletic and her stamina is quite weak, but her movements are graceful. She must put in a lot of work to improve at her dance.
Byakura's visual stat is decently high, due to her gentle, pretty face. While she is said to be quite beautiful, she is also very reserved and thus tends to hide her face behind long bangs.
Byakura's vocal stat is her highest stat due to her soft, lilting vocals. However, she's very quiet and needs to put more effort into making herself heard before she can become a true vocal master.
Byakura's character is average. She truly enjoys singing and wants to continue it no matter what, but she is easily discouraged and cries quite a lot. Uane doesn't help.
Best Match: I want to say Hanazawa Kana, but she's kinda “taken”. The next best match is Horie Yui.
Rival: Chihaya, in a role model kind of way. Byakura greatly admires Chihaya and would love to one day perform alongside her. She aims to reach Chihaya's level of skill. Also, to a lesser extent, Yukiho. They have similar personalities and thus get along very well. Byakura would one day like to perform alongside her.

HORRAY! IT'S FINALLY HAPPENED! AN IDOL WHO IS THE FAN LIKE ME!  ::) AND WHO IS WOICED BY YUI HORIE! 8)

By the way, could you draw Byakura without her long bangs? I'm sure she would be beautiful.

Name: Miyakawa Haru
B-W-H: 89-58-90
Hobbies: Journalism, Hop-scotch
Image Color: Jade Green
Haru is a bit of a tomboy and enjoys writing above all else. Before becoming an idol, she worked as a “paper boy”, to earn money delivering newspapers and maybe get a bit of experience for her ultimate dream of being a newspaper reporter while she was at it. She is rather popular at her school for her fun and mature personality, her masculine-sounding voice, and her appearance. However, Haru always really enjoyed singing, and wished one day to be able to have a cute voice like the idols she saw on TV. Her real dream was sidetracked when she decided to become an idol herself, thinking the experience would help her with her short-term goal of having a cute voice. Her appeal caught the eye of the creator of the All-Stars group, who asked her to join up. Haru accepted, though one day she hopes to retire and write for the local newspaper.
Haru's dance stat is very average, as she doesn't tend to put much effort into her dance, but she is athletic and good at learning the choreography. Her dance style tends to be a bit lagging, and she sometimes falls behind.
Haru's visual stat is slightly above average, but not incredibly high. She has a nice figure and a pretty face, but she isn't particularly beautiful.
Haru's vocal stat is her highest stat due to the appealing masculine sound. However, it still isn't particularly high, as high-pitched notes give her a lot of trouble and cute songs sound awkward. But give Haru a song like Meisou Mind or even Futari no Kioku (the highest note in that song is about the edge of her limits), and she will give you an A+ example of her voice.
Haru's character is average. She gets discouraged rather easily and is quite restless. She's also a bit of a daydreamer and tends to get lost in thought when she should really be focusing on her idol activities. This makes her a bit difficult to manage sometimes.
Best Match: Yukana, when singing in her Cecelia Alcott voice. Actually, I want to say it's Sanpei Yuko, like how she sings as Ryo in DREAM, but she's "taken". And that would basically be stealing Ryo's voice. So Yukana.
Rival: Makoto, in a role model sort of way. Because both of them have the same goal of making themselves cuter, Haru is able to see the progress the other idol has made so far, and one day would love to compete against Makoto using only their cuteness appeal, which is near-non-existent for both of them as far as voice goes.
Best Friend: Miyuzaki, a friend from 331 Pro who wants to become more manly. Haru is always around to give her tips, and Miyuzaki is quick to teach Haru how to sound cuter as best as she can.
Fun Fact: Haru's mother gave birth to her when she was only 17, and later married another man. At the start of the story, Haru has a baby brother named Haku who she tends to gush about when given the chance. Also, like Byakura, Haru never removes her fedora.

Lol Haru why is your skin tone so derpy?
I'm actually quite a fan of Haru since she was one of my first characters. What do you guys think?

Also, I'm really sorry about the quality of these images. I really didn't expect them to be seen by anyone but me when I first drew them, and also I guess my scanner is a little derpy? Because the light and shadows are just...and gyaaaahhh...

It seems to me that Haru is a character who is usually funny, but can give a good advice if it needed, am I right?
Also, Yukana has one of the best low voices!
Have you heard about Megumi Toyoguchi? I think she can be a good alternative.

http://www.xiami.com/song/1772150621

I like the fact that Soumin and Benima want to bring Ritsuko and Kotori on stage. GO GIRLS!

As you can guess, my favourities are Enra, Byakura, Haru, Mariko, Neku, Guru, Soumin, Benima, Ruka, Aime, Uane and Koko.
Could you post original images of Mariko and Neku? The girls are so beautiful. :)

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2014, 06:58:36 pm »
I have just one word: SIGNUM-SAMA!

I get it, I get it! It's just like Rival Auditions in SP, when Chihaya is on the second place and Miki is on the first one. Such a thing usually impossible, but explanation is simple - Kuroi bribed everyone! And don't forget about the episode 26, where Chihaya was scored 72 in the karaoke! Kuroi has a very beautiful voice himself, so Chihaya and Enra are primary rivals to him! ;)

I'm glad I'm not only one who thinks Chihaya-Master and Takane have similar voices.

I'm glad that made sense, because I have problems with words, and nothing I say ever seems to make sense. XD So at least someone understands me! :D

HORRAY! IT'S FINALLY HAPPENED! AN IDOL WHO IS THE FAN LIKE ME!  ::) AND WHO IS VOICED BY YUI HORIE! 8)

By the way, could you draw Byakura without her long bangs? I'm sure she would be beautiful.

I'M GLAD YOU'RE HAPPY~.
Actually, I didn't even think about Xenoglossia when I was doing this, but now that you mention it, Byakura is kinda like iM@S Yukiho and she's a fan of Chihaya, and...huh. Well, anyways. Thanks. :3

I think I will one day! I might include a story event in the...story...where the Producer convinces Byakura to cut her bangs, or at least move them out of her face. She won't undergo a massive personality change, but by that time she would have started steadily gaining confidence. So it won't exactly be an Awakened state, just...a haircut.

It seems to me that Haru is a character who is usually funny, but can give a good advice if it needed, am I right?
Also, Yukana has one of the best low voices!
Have you heard about Megumi Toyoguchi? I think she can be a good alternative.

http://www.xiami.com/song/1772150621

Kinda, yeah. She's one of the more mature idols, so she isn't prone to making constant jokes, though. But she's usually pretty cheerful. :)

It's weird, because now whenever I think of Haru, I'm going to picture Riffa.

I've heard of Megumi Toyoguchi and heard her voice acting, but I've never heard her sing. I'll have to listen to that. :3

I like the fact that Soumin and Benima want to bring Ritsuko and Kotori on stage. GO GIRLS!

As you can guess, my favourities are Enra, Byakura, Haru, Mariko, Neku, Guru, Soumin, Benima, Ruka, Aime, Uane and Koko.
Could you post original images of Mariko and Neku? The girls are so beautiful. :)

Kotori deserves more love. She honestly has one of my favorite voices in the game, and she's not even really in the game. Also, I really like Ritsuko.

I'm glad you liked them!
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "original images" since theoretically, all of these are original, but if you mean "full-body images", then yes. Yes I can. I'm glad you liked their character designs! My art doesn't do them justice. XD I need to stop this before I become really annoying. :/

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2014, 09:39:12 pm »
Fuyu: She looks beautiful. I'd make her Visual stat should be at least pretty close to her Vocal. Also, I kind of had an idea similar to Fuyu's Irish heritage for Himeko, just with British entrepeneurs who moved to Japan. Alice Treyton would be her real name, but she'd keep her pompous nature.

Enra: I like her. She and Setsuna I think would make pretty good rivals since they have similar personalities. The difference would be that Enra enjoys excitement and taking risks, while Setsuna always lived in fear and seclusion due to her "curse." Dang, she's got giant honkers! :o

Byakura: I LOVE her! I have a penchant for shy girls! This is why Yukiho has always been one of my favorites.

Kenchi: A rather intersting addition IMO. I don't see him as a Ryo. He kind of reminds me of Kaito (the vocaloid). Makes me wonder how his relationship with the producer will work and how well he will interact with the girls/performing more feminine songs. Speaking of dating in disguise...Chiyo's story mostly revolves around it. She wants to fulfill a promise she made to him before finally retiring so she can devote her life for her main squeeze. Of course she has to keep her relationship a secret from the public, but I plan to have Yamato's spies/gossip panel attempt to use it against her to destroy ZetaPro.

Soumin: I find her pretty cute. I'm glad she was able to regain her confidence after moving from Korea. I wonder if her image song will have a SNSD sort of feel to it. I haven't listened to a lot of K-pop, but...

Aime: I swear, she and Jun would make excellent friendly rivals being otakus (except in different genres) and being able to memorize songs and routines in an instant. I wonder if she shares Jun's petite pride? I know how that feels. Look at my characters' hands for example. I can draw "fingers" if need be, but still...it's just my style.

Uane: Sound like she'd relate to Kagura.

Koko: Kyaa! Hyper loli moe overload! ;D I can imagine her and Hinata in a friendly rivalry except Hinata actually does have ADHD.

Mariko: Yay! Another Nep-Nep fan! :D I loved her singing in Neptunia PP. Can't wait to get my hands on that game once it gets localized...

Chiharu: Interesting. I think I see a potential friendly rival for Nagisa, being half-Brazilian. (same VA even!)

Benima: I agree with you, Benima. Kotori needs more love. Essentially the reason why I made Kotori Project Fairy's producer in Neo Vision. Sounds like quite a few of us want to give Kotori more screen time. Maybe have Project Fairy sing Sora?

Ruka: She's a major cutie! With her silly nicknames, maybe she and Emi could be good friendly rivals. Then again, I wonder if she and Ai would make even better rivals? Perhaps Mai knows Ruka's mother from back in the day? Jigglypuff? Ruka the Dragon Slayer!

Neku: I was thinking of making a cat girl myself, but I decided against it. Then again, I did make one--a minor character for 573Pro: Koneko Hiwatari, 573Pro's newest and youngest idol who replaced Kaori after her mother revoked her contract. She's based off the reoccurring cat vehicle bosses from the Parodius games (in fact, all of 573Pro's idols are based off Parodius bosses).

Natsuki: Possibly one of the best inspirations for a character I've seen! I think people who ship Makoto x Miki would love her!

Yori: Ah, the classic Mary Sue character. Compared to Hotaru (the lazy girl in my group), she's pretty lucky. Her peers kind of gave her the inspiration to audition, while Hotaru was forced into 961Pro by her parents and was not allowed to return to Sapporo until she became a top idol (something Kuroi uses to his advantage and Hotaru's chagrin). If they both cared, I think I'd see a decent rivalry out of them.

Nami & Natsu: Nice move. I was against making twins myself (even opposite personality twins like Ram & Rom), not wanting to rip off Ami & Mami. I think Nami's kind of cute. Maybe she and Tamaki could become good friends/friendly rivals because they both have big crushes on Jupiter.

Personally, I think you have too many Vocal specialists. I always try to spread out the stats so we'd have a pretty balanced group to choose from. Sure, it's me being nitpicky, but, hey, it's just my opinion. Still, I'm intrigued by all your characters and sketches!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2014, 11:25:45 pm »
I'll start by saying thank you for dropping by! :D I really appreciate that people are paying attention to this~. Especially considering it's already begun moving past the stage of just being an idea and actually has an existing one-page prologue. So it's awesome to have support.
And, legit, after seeing all your characters, I got this really crazy idea that we should do something one day where they get to meet. BRAIN. Y U NO NORMAL. Ah well.

So, without further ado, I shall respond to your comments by character, just as you made the comments by character!

Fuyu: I'm glad you like her~. I think in my Notebook of Every Detail Imaginable, I had her visual labeled as only a couple points behind her vocal, but I always planned on her being mostly Vocal.

Enra: Thanks, I'm glad you like Enra, since she's one of my personal favorites as well...I did get the feeling when reading Setsuna's bio that the two would be somewhat similar in personality. Also, believe it or not, there's a Cinderella Girl (I forget her name) who's even bigger than Enra. I actually plan on making a communication between her and the producer where it becomes a topic of conversation. Because fanservice.

Byakura: Shy girls are adorable, let's get that out of the way first. But yeah, I liked the idea of having at least one girl with low self-esteem so you can follow her journey to self-confidence, very much like Yukiho. Because Yukiho is cute.

Kenchi: I'm gonna be honest, he's one of my personal favorites. Since he and the producer are the only guys in the group, they end up kinda becoming bros. Of course, the producer gets so used to working with girls that he sometimes forgets he can treat Kenchi like a man, which makes for some awkward conversations. It doesn't help that Kenchi tends to use "watashi" and "anata" occasionally just because he's used to having to speak somewhat formally.

Soumin: I kinda feel like out of all the K-Pop I've heard (which really isn't much, like you), Soumin's image song would be something like "Bbribbom Bberibbom" or "Too Late" by Co-Ed School. But aside from that, I'm glad you find her cute. :3

Aime: Aime and Jun could have an all-night anime sleepover. Haha, not really. But yes really, at the same time. But not. ...I don't know. Your style is so incredibly cute, though. I envy that. I can only draw certain kinds of cute characters. Yours are almost chibi-ish, and incredibly adorable.

Uane: Quite possibly. It seems like they have the same seriousness when it comes to singing. Also, I wanted to mention that I've noticed that these characters we've introduced are actually similar, but I can assure you that I invented this group looong before I ever even knew these forums existed. Just thought I'd say something in case you had some sort of suspicion that I'd copied you...? I don't know, just making sure. Your characters are all very original too, it's not often you see a girl with a "cursed" singing voice or a half-Brazilian orphan or a rock-star who gets sucked into being a pop idol.

Koko: Every idol project needs a token loli! But seriously, I'm glad you like Koko so much~! I feel like her sketch came out a little derpy, but still, it always makes me so happy to hear people say they like my characters. You're filling my heart with warm, fuzzy feels. Also, I can see Koko and Hinata getting along well if they met. :3

Mariko: For the record, Smile Spiral is an excellent song. But yes! I have yet to get fully immersed in the world of Hyperdimension Neptunia, but I like what I've seen so far and plan to get my hands on a game as soon as possible. I really want that one with the iDOLM@STER spoof character.

Chiharu: Chiharu would actually probably love Nagisa, for that exact reason. Haha, I'm glad you find her interesting. Frankly, so do I.

Benima: Kotori's voice is angelic. I cannot stress this enough. She has my third favorite im@s voice (after Makoto and Chihaya). Choosing her to produce Project Fairy in your idea was a fantastic idea. I would love to hear them perform some of her songs like Hikari or Sora.

Ruka: Ehehe~, thanks! :D Ruka and Emi would probably be friendly if they met. They could make up cute nicknames for each other! XD But that's actually a pretty good plot point. Maybe the reason why Ruka's mother never got very popular was because everyone liked Mai so much? IDEAS. Everyone keeps saying that. It'd probably be hysterical if I were more involved in the Pokémon fandom.

Neku: Koneko sounds cute. I'd like to see you draw her one day. I didn't want to make Neku all about "OMG I SAY MEOW CONSTANTLY AND I'M JUST LIKE A REAL CAT AND I WEAR CAT COSPLAYS AHAHA~", but rather, closer to an animal lover with a certain affinity for cats? That doesn't stop her from having a cat-like hairstyle and ending sentences with "nyan". Because what's a cat-girl without "nyan"?

Natsuki: I'm actually REALLY happy you think so, because I like Natsuki, but I was really worried peole would be like "RAURGH YOU'RE MESSING WITH CANON DIE". I avoided canon as much as possible. I TRIED.
So, seriously, thanks a bunch! ;D
Holy crap, she looks like she could be their child.  :o

Yori: I'm reeaaaally trying to avoid the Mary-Sue aspect of moderate self-insertations by having Yori be not particularly attractive but not ugly, and by making her dance stat quite low. Also, she tends to butt heads with the Producer when he tries to encourage her to get better. Even her vocals, which are the only reason she's even there, aren't as polished as some of the others. So, she's not perfect. I hope. I'm trying to make her at least a bit likeable.
But yes. If they cared, she and Hotaru could be interesting rivals. Even with the fact that neither of them care, it could somehow spark a rivalry. An "I'm better at doing nothing than you" kind of rivalry? No? Alright.

Nami and Natsu: Somehow I ended up with three sets of twins anyways (Fuyu and Yousuke, Kenchi and Kyoko, and Nami and Natsu) so whatever stereotypes I was trying to avoid with twins is probably gone now. Ah, well. I see why you would avoid it.
Tamaki and Nami could get together and squeal over cute boys together. Just like normal American teenagers. WOOHOO.

Aaand that was really long! :D YAY.
So, yeah, I see why you'd go towards making balanced stats. Honestly, I think at the beginning I meant for it to be a balanced group, but somehow everything got muddled. There's still a range (Guru, Benima, Natsu and Neku are dance-focused, and Enra, Natsuki and Nami are visual), but most of the focus definitely ended up on vocal. Maybe I'll switch Fuyu from vocal to visual, and theoretically Kenchi could lean towards any of the three. The rest are kinda-sorta-stuck-ish.

Aaaaaanyhow, I'll wrap up this super-long reply by saying...thank you! :D I appreciated the feedback~. I'm glad you seem to like the sketches! But for the record, yours are way cuter~.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:33:16 pm by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2014, 12:03:57 am »
Name: Tamatsuki Uane
B-W-H: 86-61-84
Hobbies: Singing, Braiding, Looking outside
Image Color: Silver
Uane grew up very close to her mother. Her father was abusive, but her mother loved him very much, and it wasn't until Uane was ten years old that they finally got a divorce. The long nights of fighting and yelling while Uane hid in her room made Uane very distant and forced her to mature far faster than she should have had to. Whenever her mother had been attacked, she came into Uane's room and said, “Uane, sing for me.” Uane sang for her mother often and developed a skill at singing while still young. As she grew up, she noticed that her mother was almost always sad. In order to make her happy, Uane decided to become an idol so she could sing for her all the time. She was accepted into 331 Pro on her first attempt. She was the first idol invited to join the All-Stars, and she accepted instantly. While Uane is cruel, unforgiving, and prone to doing anything to get her way, secretly she is just lonely and desperate to make her mother happy.
Uane's dance stat is relatively high, but not high enough to rival Hibiki, Makoto, or Natsu. She puts a lot of effort into her dance, however, and, like Yori, performs very to-the-letter.
Uane's visual stat is high. Despite her ever-present frown, her long, wavy grey hair and blue-silver eyes give her a beautiful appearance, though she can't rival the likes of Azusa or Takane.
Uane's vocal stat is very high due to all the years she's spent practicing, enough to rival even Chihaya, though not enough to surpass her. Her voice is a bit shaky, but also somehow smooth. Her range is impressive, allowing her to hit very high notes and very low notes.
Uane's character is the worst of the All-Stars, and maybe even the worst character of all time. She snaps at everyone, hates the world, and is quick to judge. However, perseverance and patience will allow someone to tap into her soft side. If this happens, while still acting cold and distant, Uane will show that she genuinely cares for the few friends she manages to make, including the producer. This doesn't make her any less difficult to put up with, though.
Best Match: Takarano Arika
Rival: All of 765 Pro
Best Friend: None. Uane has no friends.
Fun Fact: Uane is very self-conscious about her waist measurement (61), which really isn't that bad. Nonetheless, Uane frequently puts herself on diets to try and lose weight. It doesn't last long.

Honestly, I'm quite displeased with the way Uane's sketch turned out. Oh well.

Arika Takarano is the name of the lead singer of ALI PROJECT.

For me, Uano's personality is a mix of Chihaya-idol's and Chihaya-Master's.  :o  Be careful, Grace, such a mixture is very dangerous and can explode!  By the way, Uane does look like Ariko Takarano.

The Producer's actions are decided by the reader's choice

Does it mean that you will let readers choose from three options, like in VNs?

It's weird, because now whenever I think of Haru, I'm going to picture Riffa.

Xenoglossia changed our lives. Get use to it. 8)

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "original images" since theoretically, all of these are original, but if you mean "full-body images", then yes. Yes I can. I'm glad you liked their character designs! My art doesn't do them justice. XD I need to stop this before I become really annoying. :/

I have meant non-resized versions of the images. Don't worry, your art is not the worst mine is. At least, you have your own style.

I think Ue kara Mariko by AKB48
http://www.xiami.com/song/1771185745
would be a good song for your Mariko, even despite the fact that its lyrics don't match her.
http://stage48.net/studio48/uekaramariko.html
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:12:33 am by liza94 »

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2014, 01:12:17 am »
You must mean Shizuku Oikawa, the cow girl. Bust size 105. I'll be honest, though, she's one of my least favorite CG girls, mainly because I think H-cup = H-bait. I can't even image search for her without stumbling across something NSFW...or worse.

Only difference is that Aime's into magical girls while Jun is into mecha.

As for Kenchi, I've seen quite a few guys use those pronouns.

573Pro's idols are pretty much minor characters who are only involved with Kaori's story. I might make them DLC rivals, kind of like how 876Pro was in iM@S2 PS3. Unlike Neku, though, Koneko really is just meant to be that "crazy cat girl" type, like Miku Maekawa. These idols were pretty much meant to be minor supporting cast along with Erisa Ichinose (Vocal specialist based on a mermaid), Rika Hishikawa (Dance specialist based on a Las Vegas showgirl), and Yoshiko Momoyama (Visual specialist based on a feminine pink moai).

You mean Ai Masushima? She's from the new Vita game starring Noire. That's coming out in Japan about the time summer rolls around.

I never got the feeling you copied off me at all. I had my ideas in my head for a while too. I just thought that some of our characters could relate to each other.

Yori isn't the only one. I pretty much made a so-called "putting the writer into the story" for my Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego project. The Chief is a Lucario based off me, but I've never even studied law or criminal justice. Music is actually my primary focus.

As for Tamaki and Nami, not just America, but that's how it's always been everywhere! Take France, Spain, or Korea for example.

Thanks for the compliment about my artwork. :) I know I'm no Ken Sugimori, but I have my own art style that I'm pretty proud of myself. The only problem I often kick myself/abuse the eraser over is that even my adults look too chibi.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 06:18:23 pm by ZetaFlare »