Username: Password:

Author Topic: Grace's Project Idea/This Thread Doesn't Have a Witty Title  (Read 24857 times)

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
Re: Grace's Project Idea/This Thread Doesn't Have a Witty Title
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 03:29:53 am »
Name: Miyakawa Haru
B-W-H: 89-58-90
Hobbies: Journalism, Hop-scotch
Image Color: Jade Green
Haru is a bit of a tomboy and enjoys writing above all else. Before becoming an idol, she worked as a “paper boy”, to earn money delivering newspapers and maybe get a bit of experience for her ultimate dream of being a newspaper reporter while she was at it. She is rather popular at her school for her fun and mature personality, her masculine-sounding voice, and her appearance. However, Haru always really enjoyed singing, and wished one day to be able to have a cute voice like the idols she saw on TV. Her real dream was sidetracked when she decided to become an idol herself, thinking the experience would help her with her short-term goal of having a cute voice. Her appeal caught the eye of the creator of the All-Stars group, who asked her to join up. Haru accepted, though one day she hopes to retire and write for the local newspaper.
Haru's dance stat is very average, as she doesn't tend to put much effort into her dance, but she is athletic and good at learning the choreography. Her dance style tends to be a bit lagging, and she sometimes falls behind.
Haru's visual stat is her highest stat. She has a nice figure and a pretty face.
Haru's vocal stat is quite high due to the appealing masculine sound. However, it still isn't as high as the vocal masters, as high-pitched notes give her a lot of trouble and cute songs sound awkward.
Haru's character is average. She gets discouraged rather easily and is quite restless. She's also a bit of a daydreamer and tends to get lost in thought when she should really be focusing on her idol activities. This makes her a bit difficult to manage sometimes.
Best Match: Yukana, when singing in her Cecelia Alcott voice. Actually, I want to say it's Sanpei Yuko, like how she sings as Ryo in DREAM, but she's "taken". And that would basically be stealing Ryo's voice. So Yukana.
Rival: Makoto, in a role model sort of way. Because both of them have the same goal of making themselves cuter, Haru is able to see the progress the other idol has made so far, and one day would love to compete against Makoto using only their cuteness appeal, which is near-non-existent for both of them as far as voice goes.
Best Friend: Miyuzaki, a friend from 331 Pro who wants to become more manly. Haru is always around to give her tips, and Miyuzaki is quick to teach Haru how to sound cuter as best as she can.
Fun Fact: Haru's mother gave birth to her when she was only 17, and later married another man. At the start of the story, Haru has a baby brother named Haku who she tends to gush about when given the chance. Also, like Byakura, Haru never removes her fedora.

Lol Haru why is your skin tone so derpy?
I'm actually quite a fan of Haru since she was one of my first characters. What do you guys think?

Also, I'm really sorry about the quality of these images. I really didn't expect them to be seen by anyone but me when I first drew them, and also I guess my scanner is a little derpy? Because the light and shadows are just...and gyaaaahhh...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:07:16 pm by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 03:34:45 am »
Name: Mei Soumin
B-W-H: 76-51-74
Hobbies: Tapestry-making, Playing viola
Image Color: Dark Purple/Violet
Soumin was born and raised in Korea. She knew almost from the beginning that she wanted to be an idol, and constantly worked at getting better. But her first attempt to become an idol in Korea failed, and a discouraged Soumin swore off singing for the rest of her life. Not long after her failure, though, her family moved to Japan to avoid some of the political issues in Korea that were starting to arise. Soumin learned of the idol industry and decided to give it another try after lots of coaxing from her parents. This time, her audition to join Dreamland Pro was successful, if not reluctant. The acceptance was just what Soumin needed, and the extra boost to her confidence spurred her to work harder, and harder, and harder. Her hard work was noticed by the creator of the All-Stars, who invited her to join. Ecstatic, Soumin accepted.
Soumin's dance stat is one of the lowest of the group. Most of her effort is put towards singing, and she tends to not pay attention during dance lessons. She's a bit clumsy and trips often. But she has started paying more attention to her dancing since joining the All-Stars and has begun steadily improving.
Soumin's visual stat is average. She has an attractive face and a sort of foreign charm to her, but she isn't exactly beautiful.
Soumin's vocal stat is decently high, due to her range and ability to hit difficult notes like random sharps and flats. However, her voice can be a bit shaky sometimes and a little nasally. This doesn't stop her from having the right kind of power for songs like I Want or Meisou Mind.
Soumin's character is average, but on the low side. She's very stubborn and yet very easily discouraged, but being complimented will usually bring her spirits right back up. While slightly aggressive, Soumin is genuinely caring, and this comes through in her interactions with the other girls and the producer.
Best Match: Kitamura Eri, especially how she sounds in songs like Destiny or Re;Story. Shirushi is another good example.
Rival: Ritsuko, in an aggressive way. The only reason Soumin is so frustrated with Ritsuko is that she feels the producer gave up on being an idol, and did so much too soon (which is ironic, because Soumin herself gave up on being an idol after just one rejection). Of course, this is not the case, as Ritsuko is quick to explain when the two meet, but that doesn't stop Soumin from wanting her to return to the stage. She plans on getting so good that if she were to challenge Ritsuko, the producer would have no choice but to go against her on stage.
Best Friend: Guru, another one of the All-Stars who shares her quirkiness.
Fun Fact: When Soumin gets really angry, she speaks in Korean.
In addition, when Soumin addresses people, she uses the Korean honorific "-ssi", attaching it either to first name if she respects and gets along well with the person (i.e. Guru-ssi, Hiromi-ssi, Producer-ssi) or last name if she dislikes the person or is annoyed by them at the moment. Usually reserves this for Ritsuko, calling her "Akizuki-ssi". The others don't really know why Soumin chooses to continue using a Korean honorific even though there are plenty to choose from in Japan, but Producer eventually finds out that it's because she's a bit homesick, and continues using her native language and a Korean honorific to try and hold tight to her culture.

SOUMIN WHY IS THERE A STREAK OF ORANGE ON YOUR FACE.
I can't draw.
If you guys saw how my little sister drew, you would understand why I have such an inferiority complex about my art.
ALSO, ERI KITAMURA. HNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG. (I'm sorry I'll shut up now.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 06:06:20 pm by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 03:38:06 am »
Name: Seiko Aime
B-W-H: 72-50-71
Hobbies: Reading, Singing
Image Color: Gold
Aime is a dyslexic. She doesn't hide it, she doesn't try to get around it, she just lives with it. But Aime also has always had a passion for singing. She enjoys practicing her reading and has gotten decently good at it, but reading kanji is very difficult as it all just looks like jumbled lines to her, and when reading romaji she mixes up letters such as M, N, and W; B and D; and even C and U. Still, Aime has become amazing at learning lyrics by ear, and can now successfully memorize songs just by listening to them. It was when she mastered this skill that she decided to audition to become an idol at Dreamland Pro. She was accepted and eagerly began working to become better and better. After about a year of performing with Dreamland, Aime's talent was noticed and she was invited to the All-Stars.
Aime's dance stat is relatively high. She is able to keep up a dance routine for a long time and has a bit of a cutesy flair to her dancing.
Aime's visual stat is average. While she is cute, she's not particularly adorable, and her looks are very much average.
Aime's vocal stat is her highest stat aside from character, due to the effort she puts into practicing her singing. Her voice has a cute flair, but can also manage pretty songs. Her weakness lies in emotional songs or songs that require a layer of aggression.
Aime's character is completely maxed out. She's very much a “Do your best!” kind of girl, and it takes a lot to get her frustrated. She almost always has a smile on her face and is generally easy to manage. Even giving her hard lyrics won't get her down.
Best Match: Otsuka Ai
Rival: Haruka, in a role model kind of way. She sees Haruka as having great skill and yet the disadvantage of her clumsiness, which would work against her dancing. Nonetheless, Haruka is able to get out there and perform for the world. One day, Aime would like to perform alongside her.
Best Friend: Ruka, another one of the All-Stars and the youngest member. Aime likes to think of herself as a mentor of sorts to Ruka, and Ruka affectionately calls her “Senpai-chan”, which is kind of a double-honorific, but Ruka doesn't care.
Fun Fact: Aime is an avid otaku and loves watching anime. Her favorite genre is magical girl.

I can't draw hands. At all. I'm sorry.
But Aime's another idol I'm quite fond of. I was so torn on what voice to give her because her voice is pretty unique.
Also, I use "also" way too much. I get all my kanji from Google Translate, so they're probably wrong.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 03:42:11 am »
Name: Kagakagari Hiromi
B-W-H: 90-57-86
Hobbies: Flying in planes, Diving
Image Color: Pastel Blue
Hiromi is the oldest of the All-Stars, but this hasn't stopped her from being quite a talented idol. Similar to Azusa in many respects, Hiromi had a very normal life growing up. She knew almost from the beginning that she wanted to do something that involved singing, and became an idol after she graduated high school with a small agency. At twenty, Hiromi transferred to 331 Pro, and two years later she was invited to join the All-Stars. Though she feared she wouldn't be popular anymore due to her age, she decided to take the offer.
Hiromi's dance stat is average. She isn't the greatest dancer out there, but she has decent stamina and is good at remembering and performing steps.
Hiromi's visual stat is slightly above average. She is still quite young even though she's the oldest, and maintains a somewhat youthful appearance while still having an adult's appeal.
Hiromi's vocal stat is high, due to her soft, floaty voice and skill at singing. She doesn't have the greatest voice out there, but she can carry a tune and has an impressive range.
Hiromi's character is average. She's quite scatterbrained and ditsy, but aside from that is very mature, easygoing, and easy to handle. She is also quite sweet and always looks after the others.
Best Match: Yuduki
Rival: Azusa, in a friendly sort of way. Hiromi likes Azusa's voice a lot, and is a big fan of her. They are both older women (older than most) who were willing to get out there and try to be an idol, and have similar tastes and personalities. Hiromi would like to perform alongside Azusa one day, maybe even all of Ryuuguu Komachi.
Best Friend: Neku, another one of the All-Stars, who Hiromi thinks is adorable. Hiromi tends to treat her like a real cat.
Fun Fact: Hiromi's favorite thing to do on one of her days off is to go out and get a few drinks. At the end of the story, she marries Kenchi's older brother Kyou.

Sorry about those derpy eyes, you guys. Also she's kinda tilted. Oh well.
Holy crap, there are twenty of these.

For those of you who don't know, Yuduki is an online singer best known for singing songs for Higurashi. My favorite song of hers is "Dear You". Truthfully, I don't know too much about her, but I loved "Dear You" and found out about its singer by looking up the song.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 03:46:44 am »
Hang in there, you guys. I'm sorry! I know I'm clogging up the "recent posts", but we're almost halfway done!

Name: Tamatsuki Uane
B-W-H: 86-61-84
Hobbies: Singing, Braiding, Looking outside
Image Color: Silver
Uane grew up very close to her mother. Her father was abusive, but her mother loved him very much, and it wasn't until Uane was ten years old that they finally got a divorce. The long nights of fighting and yelling while Uane hid in her room made Uane very distant and forced her to mature far faster than she should have had to. Whenever her mother had been attacked, she came into Uane's room and said, “Uane, sing for me.” Uane sang for her mother often and developed a skill at singing while still young. As she grew up, she noticed that her mother was almost always sad. In order to make her happy, Uane decided to become an idol so she could sing for her all the time. She was accepted into 331 Pro on her first attempt. She was the first idol invited to join the All-Stars, and she accepted instantly. While Uane is cruel, unforgiving, and prone to doing anything to get her way, secretly she is just lonely and desperate to make her mother happy.
Uane's dance stat is relatively high, but not high enough to rival Hibiki, Makoto, or Natsu. She puts a lot of effort into her dance, however, and, like Yori, performs very to-the-letter.
Uane's visual stat is high. Despite her ever-present frown, her long, wavy grey hair and blue-silver eyes give her a beautiful appearance, though she can't rival the likes of Azusa or Takane.
Uane's vocal stat is very high due to all the years she's spent practicing, enough to rival even Chihaya, though not enough to surpass her. Her voice is a bit shaky, but also somehow smooth. Her range is impressive, allowing her to hit very high notes and very low notes.
Uane's character is the worst of the All-Stars, and maybe even the worst character of all time. She snaps at everyone, hates the world, and is quick to judge. However, perseverance and patience will allow someone to tap into her soft side. If this happens, while still acting cold and distant, Uane will show that she genuinely cares for the few friends she manages to make, including the producer. This doesn't make her any less difficult to put up with, though.
Best Match: Takarano Arika
Rival: All of 765 Pro
Best Friend: None. Uane has no friends.
Fun Fact: Uane is very self-conscious about her waist measurement (61), which really isn't that bad. Nonetheless, Uane frequently puts herself on diets to try and lose weight. It doesn't last long.

Honestly, I'm quite displeased with the way Uane's sketch turned out. Oh well.

Arika Takarano is the name of the lead singer of ALI PROJECT.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 03:49:07 am »
Name: Wakabayashi Koko
B-W-H: 73-51-71
Hobbies: Fishing, Hiking
Image Color: Coral
Koko is your average, everyday spaz. She always liked to sing and dance, and always participated in the talent shows at her school with a song and dance routine. When she realized that being an idol looked like a lot of fun, she decided to try it. Her talent was enough to get her into 331 Pro, and into the All-Stars a year later.
Koko's dance stat is average. She is good as dancing, but not great, and she can be a bit of a klutz sometimes.
Koko's visual stat is high, simply because she is cute. However, she is not the best-looking kid in the world, and her visual pales beside such people as Iori, Azusa, or Natsuki.
Koko's vocal stat is her highest stat, but not quite as high as Haruka or Ritsuko (who has a surprisingly high vocal stat). She is a talented singer, but not a breathtakingly perfect singer. Her voice can sound a bit strained at times, but besides that it's smooth and pretty.
Koko's character is one of the highest of the group. She's always bouncing about and excited about something. Some believe she is ADHD, but she's really just a happy person. While a bit difficult to keep under control, Koko is a fun and exciting person.
Best Match: I have to say Tomatsu Haruka even though she's “taken”, but the Tomatsu Haruka that sings as herself, not as Ai.
Rival: Yayoi, in a friendly sort of way. Koko and Yayoi both have the same level of energy and are almost always happy. Koko really enjoys Yayoi's company, and Yayoi sees Koko as more of a friend than a rival. Koko's biggest dream is to take Yayoi fishing with her one day.
Best Friend: Everyone is Koko's best friend.
Fun Fact: Koko was named after one of my cats. No joke. Ironic because said cat is fat and lazy. Koko is not.

Koko. You look horrible. Why.

Sorry.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 03:51:51 am »
Koko's profile was my 100th post here. That makes me happy. I'M A MEMBER~.

Name: Osaka Guru
B-W-H: 73-55-70
Hobbies: Laughing, Swimming, Computer games
Image Color: Lime Green
Guru has always been quite an easily excited person, and is very goofy. She liked to sing and dance, but was never all that great. She had no plans to become an idol until her parents told her they thought she would look cute in the kinds of costumes idols wear. Guru started to think about it and realized she liked the idea. This led her to audition for Dreamland Pro. She was turned down at first because she lacked skill, but she put in a lot of work to improve and tried a second time. This time, it worked, and she remained a member of Dreamland Pro for two years until she was invited to join the All-Stars.
Guru's dance stat is high, due to her energy and love for dance above all else. She enjoys dancing and has gotten good at it over the years. Her style is very energetic and almost spastic, and she tends to add little embellishments like a flick of the wrist or a tiny little kick to the choreography at the last second when it's too late for anyone to correct her. This frustrates the staff, but the audience seems to enjoy it as a sort of quirk of hers.
Guru's visual stat is relatively high. She is seen as being adorable and having a pretty face that will surely become even prettier as she matures. She has freckles as well, which makes her stand out a bit as none of the other idols she knows of have freckles.
Guru's vocal stat is average at best. While she can carry a tune, her voice often shakes and sounds awkward. Still, she's good at using these traits to an advantage to entertain.
Guru's character is high, as she is almost always grinning and plotting something fun. She loves to laugh and sometimes laughs at her own jokes and jokes others would think are stupid. She's the kind of girl that would clap for that horribly off-tune guy at the karaoke joint just to make him feel better.
Best Match: Kato Emiri
Rival: Ami and Mami, in a friendly sort of way. Both of them have rather low vocal stats and enjoy goofing off and acting stupid more than actually working as idols. One day, Guru would like to just play video games with the twins.
Best Friend: Soumin, a fellow All-Star who shares her quirkiness.
Fun Fact: Guru likes to end her sentences with “ugu” for reasons unknown. Maybe it means something to her, and maybe she just likes the way it sounds. She also occasionally refers to herself in the third person.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:17:35 pm by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 03:54:13 am »
I'm loving these sketches and designs, Grace! I'm just wondering, since these easily don't look like attachments, how are you inserting photos into your message? I could really use this help for my fan project so I won't have to crop so dang much.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2014, 03:55:38 am »
Halfway there! I'm sorryyyyyyy!

Name: Numakura Mariko
B-W-H: 79-54-81
Hobbies: Sight-seeing, Camping, Stargazing
Image Color: Blue-green
Mariko admired idols ever since she was a little girl, and found herself really wanting to try to become one. But her love for the outdoors put her love for idols on hold while she explored the possibilities of being a park ranger or something like that. Around her last year of middle school, she started thinking about idols again, and during her first year of high school she met Hatake Emi, her best friend. Emi also greatly admired idols, and the two sang for each other frequently. They decided to audition for 331 Pro together and both got in. While Mariko had natural talent, Emi lagged behind a bit. Mariko was invited to join the All-Stars and did so only after Emi assured her that she didn't mind. The two still talk frequently and enjoy going on walks together.
Mariko's dance stat is average. She is able to make it through a routine, but her stamina makes it that multiple routines in a row exhaust her. Her dance is a bit shaky, but her movements are fluid overall.
Mariko's visual stat is slightly above average. She has an attractive face, but nothing that really stands out about her.
Mariko's vocal stat is one of the highest in the game. Her voice is smooth and fluid, and she has a tendency to “swoop” very frequently. You could call it a vocal quirk.
Mariko's character is high. She is a friendly, outgoing, mature girl, who knows when it's time to shut up and focus and when it's time to smile and act like a loser. She's a kind-hearted girl who's relatively easy to manage, but can get easily discouraged.
Best Match: Tanaka Rie, when singing in her Neptune voice.
Rival: Haruka, in a friendly sort of way. Mariko likes Haruka's optimism and friendliness, and is a fan of her voice. One day, Mariko would like to perform with Haruka.
Best Friend: Emi, a member of 331 Pro and one of Mariko's senpais in school. The two of them compliment each other well and get along great.
Fun Fact: Mariko is secretly very self-conscious of her small figure, but she doesn't express it often.

Mariko was drawn in the iM@S style moreso than the others, with the same type of eyes that the original characters have and a hairstyle reminiscent of Haruka-meets-Yayoi-meets-Yukiho.
Also, the words on her shirt read "livelifelove".

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2014, 03:59:03 am »
I'm loving these sketches and designs, Grace! I'm just wondering, since these easily don't look like attachments, how are you inserting photos into your message? I could really use this help for my fan project so I won't have to crop so dang much.

Thank you so much! :D Honestly, I was really nervous about posting things I've drawn here because of my slight art inferiority complex (MY LITTLE SISTER IS AN ART GODDESS OK). ^^"

I used imgur.com. You can crop and resize after uploading your image there, and just copy-paste the BBC link into your post where you want the image to be. :3
And it's free, and you don't need an account! So it's pretty win-win, and the system seems to be taking it just fine. :)
Also I love your sketches too.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 04:02:17 am »
Imgur.... I should try that out next time. Thanks!
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 04:03:14 am »
About seven more, I think. We're nearly through!

Name: Nandaka Chiharu
B-W-H: 83-56-79
Hobbies: Eating, Foosball
Image Color: Lilac
Nandaka was always enthralled by exotic cultures from places like Africa and South America. She adopted an almost tribal style and was so excited by her new style that she decided to show herself off to the world. Her mom and her step-dad and step-sisters thought she had a nice voice, and upon learning she wanted to show off to the world, they suggested she become an idol. Chiharu readily accepted and tried out for Dreamland Pro. She got in, and a year later was invited to join the newly-formed All-Stars.
Chiharu's dance stat is high. She likes trying to add her own little tribal twist to her dance routines, but is usually shot down before she can do much with it. She does best with dances that have lots of complicated movements, as Chiharu is very fluid in her movements. Her stamina is also quite impressive.
Chiharu's visual stat is average. While she has a pretty face, her face is also littered with piercings including one above each of her eyebrows and three on each ear. These piercings detract slightly from her overall beauty, not to mention the face paint she's always wearing.
Chiharu's vocal stat is decently high. Her voice is smooth and pretty, though not the best of the group.
Chiharu's character is decently high. She's confident and self-assured, but this sometimes comes across as arrogant. While she sounds awfully happy, she's actually quite crazy and a bit hard to handle.
Best Match: Saito Chiwa
Rival: Hibiki, in a friendly kind of way. Both of them are somewhat exotic—Hibiki being from Okinawa and Chiharu being Chiharu—and Chiharu likes Hibiki's spunk. One day, she'd like to compete against Hibiki in some sort of crazy, outrageous event, like a hula-hooping-shooting-hoops-singing-foreign-national-anthems contest.
Best Friend: Miageteru, or Mia, a member of Dreamland Pro. Mia is the calm to Chiharu's crazy.
Fun Fact: Chiharu paints a different pattern on her face every day.

Well. I can't draw tribal clothing.
I apologize for all my art ranting. You guys probably don't even care, haha~.
But other than that, I'm quite pleased with Chiharu. She was cooperative when I was drawing her.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:09:52 pm by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 04:04:03 am »
Imgur.... I should try that out next time. Thanks!

No problem, glad I could help~. I thought I'd have to attach too, so it's good to have something else to use.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 04:08:02 am »
Name: Kumamiru Benima
B-W-H: 94-56-69
Hobbies: Reading, Working
Image Color: Auburn
Benima grew up listening to her mother play songs sung by Kotori back when she was still an idol. The young Benima fell in love with Kotori's voice and really enjoyed listening to her sing. When she became old enough, she wanted to join the same agency as her hero—but she learned that Kotori had retired and was no longer performing. Near heartbroken, Benima decided that she would join a different agency instead and compete against Kotori. She ended up going with Dreamland Pro and worked as an idol there until she was invited to join the All-Stars a year later. She still seeks to get Kotori back on stage one day, but has become a bit bitter due to her broken pedestal.
Benima's dance stat is one of the best in the game, enough to rival Makoto and Hibiki, and Natsu among the girls of her group. Her movements are fluid and smooth, and her stamina is impeccable. She has good balance and can memorize things easily. Her problem lies in her simple reluctance to listen to instruction. Sometimes she learns the wrong moves or simply ignores what she's being taught.
Benima's visual stat is average. She is a girl of simple beauty, with nothing that really catches the eyes, but a lovely appearance nonetheless.
Benima's vocal stat is average. She has talent at singing, but nothing that can rival any of the incredibly phenomenal singers in the idol world. While her voice is pretty, her vocals aren't the best, and she finds herself needing to put in work to keep improving.
Benima's character is very low. Because of her bitterness towards Kotori and her desire to make the woman perform by somehow becoming so good that Kotori CAN'T turn her down, she puts all her effort into improving on her skills and zero effort into making friends. Benima is very no-nonsense and a bit hard to handle.
Best Match: Inoue Marina
Rival: Kotori, in an aggressive sort of way. Because Benima was a fan of Kotori growing up, she is angry that Kotori is no longer an idol. One day, she wants to force Kotori back onto the stage somehow.
Best Friend: None. Benima has no friends.
Fun Fact: Benima hates being called anything other than her name, so much so that she completely avoids Ruka at all costs, who calls her “Kuma-chan” (from her family name, Kumamiru, and also because Benima reminds Ruka of a bear for some reason.).

I actually like Benima's sketch. I think it's one of my favorites. Except the coloring is a little weird and uneven, I should stop using colored pencils.
Her, and the twins, who are coming at the end. Oh, and Natsuki.

I wrote up all these on Microsoft Word, haha~.
Kotori needs more love. Her voice is fabulous. Thus, Benima's backstory.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 04:10:55 am »
Name: Ichibyou Ruka
B-W-H: 60-49-62
Hobbies: Skipping rocks, Puzzles
Image Color: Pale Yellow
Ruka's mother was an idol in her youth who failed to gain much fame, having only a handful of fans. Ruka grew up listening to the sound of her mother's voice, and promised her that she was going to become an idol one day to carry on her mother's legacy. Ruka's biggest dream is to one day gain fame and invite her mother onto stage with her. In a strange twist, she's the opposite of a girl like Ai—while Ai lived in her famous mother's shadow, Ruka wants to become famous and then use that fame to make her mother famous as well. It took three tries for her to get into Dreamland Pro—at first, she didn't have enough skills at dance; the second time, her voice just wasn't any good; and the third time, her hard work paid off and she was invited in. This only served to fuel her resolve, and Ruka made leaps and bounds of progress on her skill—enough to be recognized and invited to the All-Stars. Taking it as a chance to become famous, Ruka accepted.
Ruka's dance stat is above average. Because she put in a lot of work to improve her dancing after her first rejection, she is now able to properly and efficiently perform choreography, though her movements sometimes make her voice shake and she stumbles quite often, sometimes falling a bit behind. Still, she has decent stamina and her dances look good.
Ruka's visual stat is average, due to her cute appearance but her lack of stand-out-ish qualities. Her appearance is often described as very normal; but she is only eleven, after all. The creator of the All-Stars feels that one day, as she matures, Ruka will become quite beautiful.
Ruka's vocal stat is slightly above average, due to all the time she put into getting better over the past year or two. Her voice sometimes gets lost in the voices of her fellow All-Stars, and she finds herself having trouble singing while dancing. Still, her vocals are cute, and she has potential.
Ruka's character is average. She has a tendency to pout for hours at a time and can be a bit spoiled do to her mother's doting back at home. The fact that she's an only child doesn't really help that. But Ruka is easily persuaded by people she likes like the producer. While she can be difficult, overall Ruka is a happy-go-lucky, sweet little girl.
Best Match: Iguchi Yuka, in her Araragi Tsukihi voice.
Rival: Chihaya, in a role model sort of way. Ruka greatly admires and adores Chihaya's voice, and wishes to one day receive singing lessons from her.
Best Friend: Aime, another All-Star, who she sees as a “senpai” figure.
Fun Fact: Ruka speaks in the third person, much like the twins, and also gives everyone in the All-Stars a nickname, much like the twins:
Benima: Kuma-chan (from her family name, “Kumamiru”, and because Benima reminds Ruka of a bear)
Soumin: Gaijin-chan (“Foreigner-chan”)
Chiharu: Nana-chan (from her family name, “Nandaka”. Ruka thought it was too boring and called her “Nanadaka” instead. This shortened to “Nana-chan”.)
Natsu: Otokonna-chan (due to Natsu's tomboy nature; basically “Man-woman-chan”.)
Nami: Onna-chan (due to her being at least ten times more feminine than Natsu; basically “Little Woman”.)
Fuyu: Onee-chan
Aime: Senpai-chan
Kenchi: Kowai-kun (“Scary-kun”)
Uane: Hidoi-chan (“Cruel-chan”)
Natsuki: Kiki-chan (from her name, Kikuchi Natsuki.)
Yori: Taidana-chan (“Lazy-chan”)
Neku: Neko-chan (basically “Kitty”)
Hiromi: Hironee-chan (basically “Big Sis Hiro”)
Byakura: Nezumi-chan (“Mouse-chan”)
Haru: Boushi-chan (“Hat-chan”, due to Haru never removing her hat.)
Mariko: Shizen-chan (“Nature-chan”)
Koko: Wakakabashi-chan (when Koko first introduced herself to Ruka, she messed up her own name and called herself “Wakakabashi Koko”. The name stuck.)
Enra: Kooru-chan (“Frozen-chan”)
Guru: Orokana-chan (“Silly-chan”)

Lol Google Translate sucks. So some of these nicknames are wrong. I guarantee it.

Is it just me, or does Ruka's design kinda remind you of a Jigglypuff...?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:14:20 pm by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!