Username: Password:

Poll

?

0 (0%)
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: The Portal of Zeta: iDOLM@STER Neo Vision  (Read 86022 times)

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
Re: The Portal of Zeta: iDOLM@STER Neo Vision
« Reply #345 on: February 15, 2015, 07:58:19 pm »
Aaaaand I'm finally back!

I did read Hotaru's story, so let's start with that:

I love it. 'Nuff said.
I liked seeing Hotaru grow as an idol. From being a lazy bum to being a tried-and-true idol star! CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT~
I just like your characters. A lot.

And I love those sketches, too! They're really cute, and I just really like your style. I can't draw chibi-style to save my life, so I'm just very impressed. =P

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 16, 2015, 06:48:59 am »
Aaaaand I'm finally back!

I did read Hotaru's story, so let's start with that:

I love it. 'Nuff said.
I liked seeing Hotaru grow as an idol. From being a lazy bum to being a tried-and-true idol star! CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT~
I just like your characters. A lot.

And I love those sketches, too! They're really cute, and I just really like your style. I can't draw chibi-style to save my life, so I'm just very impressed. =P

I swear, it took me forever to think of an idea for Hotaru's story, but I was finally able to get one. It was kind of inspired by the whole "mother used to be an idol" thing, but a bit of a twist. Ai with her superstar mother who wishes to follow in her footsteps while still being her own idol. Then there was one of your idols whose mother's career did not really take off so she herself became an idol so she could get her mother famous alongside her.

With those two stories in mind, I thought, what if I had an idol whose mother's career was disgraced and now she has to step in and become a top idol in order to restore her mother's honor? And to keep that fact a secret from a daughter so lazy she and her husband had to send Hotaru away against her will for more reasons than to just "cure" her laziness and awaken her hidden talents? I wanted the perfect motivation to turn a slacker into a real star, and I figured that might be one of the best ways to do it.

How about Ryoko's story and the origin story of Sakura and Asuka? I'm pretty sure the former is right up your alley, especially considering a certain 765Pro idol I got involved in her route. ;)

I'm glad you like my chibi art. I honestly think I can do even better than that, but I liked how they turned out myself, especially since someone is already making fanart of them!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 18, 2015, 06:40:47 pm »
I swear, it took me forever to think of an idea for Hotaru's story, but I was finally able to get one. It was kind of inspired by the whole "mother used to be an idol" thing, but a bit of a twist. Ai with her superstar mother who wishes to follow in her footsteps while still being her own idol. Then there was one of your idols whose mother's career did not really take off so she herself became an idol so she could get her mother famous alongside her.

With those two stories in mind, I thought, what if I had an idol whose mother's career was disgraced and now she has to step in and become a top idol in order to restore her mother's honor? And to keep that fact a secret from a daughter so lazy she and her husband had to send Hotaru away against her will for more reasons than to just "cure" her laziness and awaken her hidden talents? I wanted the perfect motivation to turn a slacker into a real star, and I figured that might be one of the best ways to do it.

How about Ryoko's story and the origin story of Sakura and Asuka? I'm pretty sure the former is right up your alley, especially considering a certain 765Pro idol I got involved in her route. ;)

I'm glad you like my chibi art. I honestly think I can do even better than that, but I liked how they turned out myself, especially since someone is already making fanart of them!

YOU MUST BRING HONOR UPON YOUR FAMILY, OR IT IS SEPPUKU FOR YOU.

I like that idea. Hotaru ended up maturing in the end, so it was a good situation in the long run.

Oh wow, forgot about Ryoko's story!
Yeah, I did read that one also. Makoto being there was obviously a plus. But it was nice to see Ryoko learn to be a good idol without losing herself completely. Like What Not to Wear, but with idols.
Haven't gotten to the Sakura and Asuka origin story yet, but I'll try to read that when I get time! I've started it already, so just a few more paragraphs to go~.

Of course! I think art is one of those things that people are constantly improving on, if you really work at it. I like what you've done with your characters, they're very adorable. Maybe I can draw my own crossover thing with our girls one day. ;)

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

ZetaFlare

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 27, 2015, 05:38:02 am »
Now for color drawings of NAZO. Here's Kagura.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 03:55:42 pm by ZetaFlare »

ZetaFlare

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 28, 2015, 04:45:13 am »
Now here's Maya.

After reading everyone's Story Mode routes, who would you say is your favorite NAZO idol?

ZetaFlare

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 01, 2015, 03:32:57 am »
And to finish off my NAZO drawings, here is Himeko. O~hohohoho!

Wow. Hard to believe it's been a little more than a year since I started this project here. How far it has come from just a simple idea of new idols. Then I post my ideas and Story Mode routes here, never expecting it to become this popular on the forums. Glad to see it got some fans as well! I'm really proud of what I have accomplished with this OC idol project!

Makes me wonder what to do next. Take it even further? Do more fanfics? Who knows?

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 01, 2015, 03:43:07 am »
Nice job on this series. The stories are fairly unique even though I didn't really care for the 'villains'. I can draw the characters for you, but it's your decision. I think that you should take it even further by giving them original songs.

ZetaFlare

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 01, 2015, 06:51:15 pm »
Nice job on this series. The stories are fairly unique even though I didn't really care for the 'villains'. I can draw the characters for you, but it's your decision. I think that you should take it even further by giving them original songs.

When I was working on NAZO, I wanted more of a war of the producers (between Kenji and Yamato, as opposed to the war of the presidents in the canon games, Takagi vs. Kuroi). I wanted Yamato to essentially symbolize the concept of "money is power." The way he wants to buy out all the best idols/companies in the business, use the "power of the purse" to make sure his idols' works are promoted to the point of nationwide awareness, use "hush money" to get away with his dirty schemes/scandals, etc, and essentially rule Japan's entertainment industry unopposed. Then there's his twisted classist thoughts of how destiny/God has made the upper class superior for a reason...that's where all the real talent and intelligence is in this society. To him, commoners/small businesses are a dirty lot, claiming they are far from intelligent and shell out low-budget, crap-quality garbage and rely on dishonest, scandalous tactics to rise to success and essentially "get rich quick." I essentially wanted to use this concept to teach him that the middle class/small businesses are more capable of changing this world than he believes. Plus, as a follow-up to iM@S2, I wanted to keep the concept of "unity." The power of friendship triumphs over the power of money and sheer power after all! (lol)

However, reading your comment and remembering Touma's redemption moment in iM@S2's ending got me thinking. Would it be a good idea if I wrote out an epilogue for NAZO? i.e. what happened to those three after ZetaPro taught Yamato a lesson and sent him back home?

I've been used to this chibi style art of mine for a while now, but it's been about three years since I began sketching with pencil before penning/coloring it. Yeah, I have to admit it's nothing spectacular, especially compared to some other artists here. It is my style, but I don't know...I think I need a little more brushing up.

Heh, I wish I could write J-pop songs like that. :P

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 01, 2015, 08:17:15 pm »
After reading everyone's Story Mode routes, who would you say is your favorite NAZO idol?

You already know who it is. ;)  But I like Maya and Himeko too!

Do more fanfics?

Yes, please!

Would it be a good idea if I wrote out an epilogue for NAZO? i.e. what happened to those three after ZetaPro taught Yamato a lesson and sent him back home?

It would! It IS a good idea!
And don't worry, your style isn't that bad (better than mine anyway), it reminds me of the loading screen of OFA.
By the way, some of hair colour choices surprised me. For example, I expected Shiori's hair to be black and Yoshino's to be green.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 02, 2015, 03:06:12 am »
Yup, I've decided.
Now that you've drawn all your girls, do I have your permission to draw some of our girls together? We realized some of them would probably go together well, so it might be fun for me to try. :)

Would it be a good idea if I wrote out an epilogue for NAZO? i.e. what happened to those three after ZetaPro taught Yamato a lesson and sent him back home.

Heh, I wish I could write J-pop songs like that. :P

I would like to see that. I think it'd be cool to see what happens to the girls since they all proved to be very likable after realizing they were wrong. For the record, though, Maya was my favorite. :P

Also, so do I. XD

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

ZetaFlare

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 02, 2015, 07:21:48 pm »
Sure!
Yup, I've decided.
Now that you've drawn all your girls, do I have your permission to draw some of our girls together? We realized some of them would probably go together well, so it might be fun for me to try. :)

Sure! Yeah, quite a few of them coincidentally could go really great together!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 11, 2015, 05:31:17 pm »
Sure!
Sure! Yeah, quite a few of them coincidentally could go really great together!

Awesome, thanks! I'm excited to work on some of this now.
[/If only I were as excited to finish this request of Liza's.s]

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

ZetaFlare

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 16, 2015, 06:13:44 am »
NAZO’s Epilogue

One week has passed since the events at the IU finals. After spending the last few days lamenting over his defeat against Kenji’s unit and the loss of his career as a producer, Yamato enters the ZetaPro building with a look of determination in his eyes. He heads straight down the stairs into the practice rooms. Most of the ZetaPro idols wonder what he could be up to, but the President arrives on scene to explain his son’s reasons. Yamato had a revelation since he was forced to quit his job at RyuuseiPro. He finally realized that true power does not come from money. He recalled the time he and Kenji always seemed to compete at an even level in all the events they participated in. It took him a while to understand, but it has recently been made clear to him that true strength comes from the heart. He could tell Kenji really cared about his work both as a musician and as a producer. Kenji and his idols put their heart and soul into all their recordings, promotional events, and live concerts and looked like they were really enjoying themselves out there every time. This enjoyment began to resonate outward towards their audiences as ZetaPro’s idols gained a large, loving, dedicated, and ever growing fan base. This kind of happiness money simply cannot buy. Yamato felt very sorry for himself treating his impressively talented idols like pawns and undermining NAZO’s fan base as nothing more than mindless sheep that can be easily manipulated and only exist to prove an idol’s worth. He had long forgotten just what made his father so proud of him to begin with. To make up for lost time, Yamato ultimately decided to once again continue his ways as a musician, performing and competing with all his heart, no longer blinded by greed, bigotry, and elitism. Now knowing the talent and potential of the common-class population, he does not intend to hold back anymore. In order to allow him to practice on the piano, the President allows Yamato access to ZetaPro’s practice rooms. The room he uses is nice and quiet so he can remain focused. ZetaPro’s idols all find it almost impossible to believe Yamato could suddenly change his ways like that. Yamato is soon heard putting on an incredible performance of Chopin’s Minute Waltz.

Yamato continues practicing late into the evening. All of a sudden, three familiar figures enter the ZetaPro building much to the shock of all the other idols…it’s NAZO! They ask the President if he knows where their former producer is at the moment. They recently heard about what happened and wish to speak with him. The President points the three RyuuseiPro idols in the direction of Yamato’s practice room. Yamato soon hears a knock on the door. Once he opens it, he is surprised to once again see the idols who formerly worked under him. Himeko’s mood is a little sour as she starts getting up in Yamato’s face. “I don’t believe you! How could you just abandon us like that even after all we went through together? You’re cruel!” A nervous Yamato stutters and tries to explain himself, but Himeko’s frown quickly turns upside-down as she laughs proudly. “I got you good! Man, ex-Producer, you are just too easy sometimes! You should have seen the look on your face!” After finally calming down she adds, “Don’t worry. I know what really happened.” Kagura adds, “Yamato-san had to hold up his end of the bargain he made to Kodou. I have known Yamato-san for the longest time now. I know he is a man of his word.” Yamato still does not understand why NAZO came to see him. “It’s only been a week,” Maya tells Yamato, “but we miss you very much, especially Kagura-san.” “Really?” questions Yamato, “After all that has happened? I really don’t deserve to be your producer.” Kagura begins to grow concerned for her childhood friend. “Stop beating yourself up like that! I won’t let you because I know you are better than that! Listen…we all make mistakes. I have. Plenty of times, I might add. The best thing we can do from here is just move on and use the past to help shape the future.” Yamato, worrying about Kagura’s strict parents, wonders how they took Kagura’s loss at the IU finals. Kagura smiles. “They told me they were actually very proud of me for my…no, NAZO’s accomplishments.” Yamato is a little surprised, knowing how almost impossible her parents’ standards can be towards Kagura. “During our chat,” Kagura continues, “I had a bit of a revelation. From the way my parents treated me in the past, all I cared about was winning. I felt like my parents would not be satisfied and I would not live up to the Ichimonji name until I became the very best singer in the country. I wanted to win no matter what it took, no matter how many of my rivals’ dreams I had to crush. I would see the tears in their eyes and not even care. I always thought people who sing just for fun and not take their jobs or talents seriously like I do were just a waste of time.” Kagura pauses for a moment, thinking of the times she badgered Sakura during their choir club activities. “But my parents told me the performance we all put on during the IU finals against ZetaPro was the best they have seen from me to date. It didn’t matter that we lost. We all lose sometimes. There will always be someone out there who will top your performance or someone the judges favor a bit more. The true pride of the Ichimonji family is dedicating ourselves to our musical studies, pushing ourselves beyond our limitations, and exceeding everybody’s expectations, something I have done fantastically as the leader of NAZO. Now I understand why Sakura-chan has become so popular lately. She dedicates herself to her singing because it’s fun for her. She enjoys what she does, letting no worries hold her back. It was then that I made my decision. I promised myself I would no longer worry about my parents and my family’s legacy now. All that matters is that I continue to put my heart and soul into my voice because singing is my life. I have long forgotten the thrill of being on stage, singing my heart out for all the people who have come to watch.” Yamato smiles. He could not be any prouder of Kagura than he is now. “Next time I meet Sakura-chan again, I will face her with all my strength…all my heart. I will show her just how much I can change!” Yamato laughs and replies, “Who knows? Maybe you will be the one who wins next time.” Kagura starts laughing with him.

However, thinking of Kagura’s recent revelation got Yamato thinking of his own. Kagura wonders what’s wrong with him. As Yamato discovered why Kenji and ZetaPro won the IU, he could not find it in his heart to forgive himself for the way he treated his idols. During his time as a producer, all he cared about was money and power. He was dissatisfied with the supposed “garbage” shelled out by lower-budget entertainment companies…TV (even anime), movies, manga, video games, and music, especially involving idols…their products always turn out to be stale, messy, trashy, or just downright bad. To make matters worse, there were a bunch of “mindless and butt-hurt idiots” who were actually fans of this “garbage,” which made Yamato’s hair stand on end. Believing that only the rich get the real talent, he wanted to monopolize the entertainment industry and give the population of Japan…and perhaps the entire planet…the kind of top-tier-quality entertainment it deserves. Unfortunately, Yamato eventually began to know the truth about the corruptive power of money. He was compelled to buy out all the best talent in the business (all three members of NAZO have been pretty nationally famous for their talents since their childhood). He thought he could cover up his company’s scandals by shelling out “hush money.” He thought he could bribe radio companies to play his idols’ music, TV stations to advertise their products, and gossip columnists to praise his idols while ruining others. He essentially thought he could cheat his way to the top and get away with it because of his money and influence. He became bigoted and believed that only elites had all the talent and intelligence in this world. He did not care the least bit about his idols’ feelings…all that mattered to him was winning and making his company’s presence known nationwide. He could tell Kagura was growing a little concerned with his dirty tactics. Yamato is still not quite sure if NAZO will forgive him for treating them like pawns for his twisted schemes, especially now that he has changed for the better. All three of them accept his apologies (especially Kagura) and hug their former producer.

Yamato wonders about the future of NAZO. Now that its producer is out of the picture, will it disband? Yamato does not mind if it does…all he cares about now is that the girls are happy. Kagura, Maya, and Himeko actually decided unanimously to keep NAZO in business the day before. The only difference is they will be produced by somebody else from RyuuseiPro. All three of them really enjoy being able to perform in front of so many adoring fans. Maya used some of the money she earned to buy a small but cute house away from her crime-torn neighborhood. Even under new management, she feels like she will be paid more than enough to cover rent and necessities. She lives a very happy and peaceful life since working under Yamato. However, she will still continue to constantly practice her dancing because it is what she loves to do the most. Besides, even at her current level, she can only get better and better. Himeko, still being the spoiled rich princess she is, spent most of the money she earned on new fancy fashions, the most expensive jewelry on the market, and vacations to exotic island resorts, just to name a few. Still, she does not want to stop there. “Let’s face it, I have to keep being an idol. I won’t stop until I reach goddess tier status! The whole world will know and worship the name Himeko Saegusa! O~hohohoho!”

Yamato knows Kagura will continue her idol career with RyuuseiPro. Even if they will not see each other as often as before, Yamato promises to be with Kagura in spirit. Kagura even offers to stay behind and practice with Yamato. “Your father told me about your future plans too,” Kagura tells Yamato. “So you’re going to once again travel the path I’ve come to know you for all those years ago? I’m very proud of you, Yamato-san. I’m happy that you are doing something that has always made you happy.” As Kagura and Yamato hug each other, Yamato reminisces on the days they would perform together and give Kenji and Sakura a run for their money in several competitions. As the two of them continue to practice into the night, they confidently warn their respective rivals to be ready for them during their next encounter.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 03:54:02 pm by ZetaFlare »

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 16, 2015, 04:02:29 pm »
What a good ending. ;)  I didn't expect Yamato to change his mind like this!
What will you do next?

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 17, 2015, 03:19:32 pm »
That was definitely a very nice ending to NAZO's story. I still love the girls, and it's so nice to see them all growing just like the ZetaPro girls did. Even Himeko is more likable!
And Yamato too. You can tell he's really had a genuine change of heart, and I think it's wonderful. Father and son reunited once again!

Keep up the good work with these girls. :) I really love them, honestly.

Also could you check your messages because I need help drawing them I am so sorry I don't want to be pushy I just really like these girls

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!