Username: Password:

Poll

?

0 (0%)
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: The Portal of Zeta: iDOLM@STER Neo Vision  (Read 83788 times)

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
Re: The Portal of Zeta: iDOLM@STER Neo Vision
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2014, 10:44:49 pm »
Yeah, Setsuna does have a deep voice akin to Ms. Heero Yuy XenoMakoto. I was actually more inspired by Kitamura's work as Homura from Senran Kagura, who also has a pretty deep voice. Still, that doesn't mean I forgot about the many high-pitched voice girls she has voiced (including Uni from Neptunia). She's very versatile. I love her singing voice too. Can you imagine her singing Fukai Mori?

No, I can't because I don't know this song. But I've remembered Mayoi no mori by ARTERY VEIN. It is a slow and sad song. Mingosu sang few lines and was mostly back vocal, so it almost felt like Kitaeri's solo.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2014, 11:25:19 pm »
Yeah, Setsuna does have a deep voice akin to Ms. Heero Yuy XenoMakoto. I was actually more inspired by Kitamura's work as Homura from Senran Kagura, who also has a pretty deep voice. Still, that doesn't mean I forgot about the many high-pitched voice girls she has voiced (including Uni from Neptunia). She's very versatile. I love her singing voice too. Can you imagine her singing Fukai Mori?

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY HUMAN BEING ALIVE THAT ACTUALLY LIKED THAT GAME. Except so far, I've only seen the anime. I plan on getting Senran Kagura Burst for my 3DS. Mostly so I can play as Hikage, because Hikage is awesome.

Aaaanyways.
I love Eri Kitamura's voice work. She's so talented. Adult men, adult women, little boys, teenaged boys, teenaged girls, little girls, little girls that transform into adult men...wait, what? She's never done that, but I'll bet she could.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2014, 03:11:18 am »
Hang tight. Three more to go.

Busujima Ryōko (毒島亮子, age 19). The bokukko of the group. Has a heart of gold despite her brash demeanor and rebellious looks. Her father is the lead guitarist in a popular rock band called Cobra. Inspired by his accomplishments, she hopes to one day become a big rock star too. Growing up in a very rock-centered household, she developed a boyish, brash, punk-ish personality. Most of her free time is spent practicing on her guitar and honing her singing voice. While she became pretty skilled over the years, many amateur bands would not accept her, mainly because she was a girl. She even tried giving her hair a boyish cut and spiking it to appear more like a rebel, but it still wasn't enough. ZetaPro's president discovers her talents and offers her a chance to become an idol. While she's initially reluctant due to her lack of feminine charm, she later accepts the offer, thinking it would be a good stepping stone in her path to the world of rock. Usually speaks with masculine pronouns such as "boku" and "kimi." Sometimes uses the suffix "-ssu," a punkish version of "desu." This is the Prinny's tic in Japanese-language Disgaea.
Good Vocal stat. Dance and Visual are pretty even.
Birthday: October 30 (Scorpio)
Blood type: O
Hobbies: Playing guitar
Image color: Forest Green
Image song: Crow Song (Angel Beats)
Appeal element: Poison
Preferred VA: Kaori Mizuhashi

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 08:35:38 pm by ZetaFlare »

ZetaFlare

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2014, 03:42:52 am »
Isshiki Nagisa (一色渚, age 13). An energetic and sporty half-Brazilian originally from Hiroshima. Financially troubled and hounded by dirty-minded men, her mother stowed away on a plane and fled to Japan. There, she met a kind young gentleman who admired her for the person she was. Shortly after they got married and gave birth to Nagisa, the Japanese found out that her mother did not have proper papers and came to the country illegally. Anti-immigration activists contacted authorities, who immediately arrested her and had her deported back to Brazil. Her caring husband tried her best to stop them, but angry activists beat him to death. Since baby Nagisa was legalized as a Japanese citizen, she was sent to the orphanage, where she has been living ever since. Despite her hardships, though, she remains an all-around happy girl who loves to dance. Admiring their moves and colorful gear, she joins her school's cheer squad. One day, her eyes lit up upon seeing Hibiki in concert. Amazed by her talent, she made it a goal to become an idol herself. She eventually does, with a primary goal to raise enough money to bring her mother back to Japan.
Good Dance stat. Vocal and Visual are pretty even.
Birthday: June 29 (Cancer)
Blood type: O
Hobbies: Cheerleading, going to the beach
Image color: Cream
Image song: YAHHO!! (Kanamemo)
Appeal element: Color
Preferred VA: Chiwa Saitou

Note: Nagisa's necklace is adorned with a seashell.
Interesting note: Nagisa was inspired after I watched a report on CNN regarding Japan deporting illegal immigrants from Brazil.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 06:28:38 am by ZetaFlare »

ZetaFlare

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2014, 04:12:43 am »
Jingūji Tamaki (神宮寺珠姫, age 16). Strong-willed, hot-blooded, and a bit boy-crazy, she comes from a long line of miko in her family. However, she scorns her traditional lifestyle, devotes her time to becoming a pop star, browses the Internet often, and flirts with any strapping young man that enters the shrine. She's head-over-heels for Jupiter, mainly because she thinks they're gorgeous. To get noticed by them, she decided to become an utaite, where she gained modest popularity. Unfortunately, her father caught on to her plans and hastily deleted her NicoNico account and trashed her laptop. Not only does he want her to pass on the family's traditions to her next of kin, but he fears that a love life like hers can only lead to prostitution. Tamaki angrily runs away, looking for a talent agency to accept her as an idol. Her ultimate goal: get noticed by Jupiter and maybe even win a boyfriend.
Good Visual stat. Vocal and Dance are pretty even.
Birthday: November 26 (Sagittarius)
Blood type: A
Hobbies: "Utattemita" song covers, browsing the Internet
Image color: Cobalt Blue
Image song: Re-sublimity (Kannazuki no Miko)
Appeal element: Spirit
Preferred VA: Nao Touyama

Whew! Finally done with ZetaPro's idols. Next I will introduce Kenji's assistant, the president, and NAZO.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:04:33 am by ZetaFlare »

ZetaFlare

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2014, 06:33:08 pm »
And now, introducing...dun-dun-dunnn...the rival faction NAZO of RyuuseiPro!
Group image song: God knows... (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu)

Ryūzaki Yamato (龍崎大和, age 16). NAZO's producer and the game's primary antagonist. He and Kenji have been rivals since they were children. In terms of musical talent, they are both pretty evenly matched. Competitions between the two either went one way or the other. However, growing up in a life of luxury shaped him into an elitist who flaunts his wealth and social status. To him, money is power. Real talent comes from the elite. Only the upper class is destined by God to thrive, while the inferior lower class are just insects serving as mere stepping stones for the success of the upper class. He essentially buys his way into RyuuseiPro, becoming its producer, forming the super-sensation known as NAZO, and changing the company's name from 流星 (falling star) to 龍星 (dragon star) (nevertheless, the name stayed the same). His goal is to turn RyuuseiPro into a bureaucracy and take over the entertainment world, buying out all the companies he sees potential in while destroying middle-class, low-budget or privately-owned companies, believing they shell out garbage, hire whoever they can with no regards for talent, and are all-in-all disgraces to the entertainment industry. In his eyes, RyuuseiPro will be the only company people look towards for their entertainment. He heavily disrespects his idols' fans, believing them to be simple-minded idiots who will listen to anything catchy (no matter how trashy) and only serve as an idol's worth. He's willing to crush his foes by any means necessary, even resorting to dirty methods if need be.

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT FOR THE MAIN STORY AHEAD! SCROLL OVER AT YOUR OWN RISK! Yamato was originally selected as ZetaPro's producer. However, he was disgusted by his father's methods of running the company and began to take matters into his own hands. Overpaying/bribing the idols he sees real talent in while paying zero attention to the "worthless" others, selecting songs of his choice without the idols' consent, bribing radio stations to play their music, etc. The president dismissed him, not wishing his company to gain power Yamato's way. Yamato angrily defects to RyuuseiPro and forms NAZO, buying out the most talented girls he can find. He continues to utilize his questionable methods, pays them like the New York Yankees, buys them the most expensive outfits out there, and gives them flashy routines to hypnotize the crowd. In just two weeks after their debut, their song God knows... made it to #1 on the charts. As ZetaPro begins to become more popular, he notices that his biggest rival has become the new producer. Jealous and infuriated, claiming his father has become crazy and Kenji is just low-class scum who only achieved success through sheer dumb luck, he is now determined to destroy ZetaPro once and for all...even if it means cheating. Over the course of each idol's story, he bribes spies and gossip magazine panelists to discover the weaknesses of Kenji's unit and use them to his advantage.
Preferred VA: Mamoru Miyano
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:48:21 pm by ZetaFlare »

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2014, 07:16:48 pm »
I gotta say, I actually really like Nagisa. Her story makes sense, you know? Even if it's still ever-so-slightly outlandish? Like, maybe not likely, but totally realistic. I just like her.

Having Chiwa Saito as a voice actress helps. Yay Anita!

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

ZetaFlare

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2014, 07:57:14 pm »
Now for NAZO's members.

Ichimonji Kagura (一文字神楽, age 16). NAZO's vocal master and leader. A nationally-acclaimed diva, she has performed in Tokyo Dome at the age of 8, became a guest singer for esteemed instrumental ensembles, won dozens of leading roles with her theater group, and became the student leader in two school choirs. Personality-wise, though, she's overly serious, strict, critical, and unforgiving. While she is confident about her talents, she still practices constantly. Unfortunately, her overly-proud musically gifted parents abuse her in order to promote her talents and uphold the honor of her family's legacy. Because of this, she's always too concerned with appeasing the "needs" of her parents. Kagura and Sakura have known each other since middle school. Kagura often criticizes Sakura, claiming that she doesn't take her singing seriously enough and is just a burden to her. According to Kagura, If Sakura just sings because it's fun, she will never be able to perform at her level. Much like Sakura is with Kenji, Kagura has been a longtime friend of Yamato, often performing together in talent competitions. Her extreme dedication for Yamato and desire to please her parents causes her to immediately accept her invitation to NAZO.
Image song: Koi wa Sensou (Vocaloid)
Preferred VA: Kaori Shimizu

Nikaidō Maya (二階堂魔夜, age 15). NAZO's dance master. Like the other members of NAZO, she attained incredible success and popularity as a child. She won several international dancing competitions, sometimes even outscoring adult competitors. In no time, almost everyone in the dance world knew her name. It's even rumored that she's a genius of dance, mastering nearly every dance style possible. Unfortunately, she grew up in a very bad neighborhood littered with crime. Both of her parents died after getting caught in the crossfire of a gang war. That didn't stop her, though, as she ignored the bad influences around her and kept on dancing. She's actually the most respectable member of NAZO. With a positive nature, a good heart, and a strong determination, she enjoys the thrill of the competition, respecting people with skills equal to hers. Maya accepts Yamato's offer to join NAZO, eager to search for worthy opponents to face. She actually respects ZetaPro, treating them more like just rivals rather than enemies.
Image song: FREEDOM (BeForU)
Preferred VA: Ami Koshimizu

Saegusa Himeko (三枝姫子, age 15) NAZO's visual master. Her real name is Alice Treyton. Himeko is just her self-appointed Japanese name. The daughter of a pair of wealthy British entrepreneurs. She's the "spoiled rich girl" type who flaunts her wealth, has a bratty personality, wears elegant clothes even while out on the town (though sometimes she will wear more revealing clothes and the most expensive makeup on the market to stand out), and essentially believes she can use money to always have her way. Her life's goal can't be any simpler...become world-famous. Over her youth, she rose as a child star, winning several beauty pageants and singing contests and has been offered to model the newest fashions. Still, she tends to use her pompous nature to hide a slight complex. Being a full-blooded Brit in Japan, she feels a little insecure about her origins and fears it may be difficult for someone like her to fit in. Aware of her success and desire for super stardom, Yamato offers her a spot in NAZO, claiming that she will be able to attain the fame she desires and earn more than even her parents would ever offer her. She eagerly accepts. No surprise. Her tic is a Noblewoman's Laugh, similar to Naga from Slayers. O~hohoho!
Image song: Kocchi Muite Baby (Vocaloid)
Preferred VA: Yukana Nogami
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:17:34 am by ZetaFlare »

ZetaFlare

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2014, 09:03:39 pm »
Hey, Zeta. I'd just like to say this is a pretty interesting project you're working on. I like the designs, concepts, backstories, and personalities you give the characters. I also like the fact that you went with making it a "New Generation" type story which I feel is a lot easier to create your own lore while still keeping the standard Idolm@ster universe in mind going through with this. Hopefully this project expands to something bigger in the future.

Sorry about the late reply. I felt like I had to prioritize all those bios.

Thanks a lot! :D Yeah, it does feel like a kind of New Generation story, just with a different company and taking place shortly after the events in iM@S2. 765, 876, and 961 will also be involved, but more as NPCs. I'm really looking forward to expanding it too. Do you have any favorites so far?

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2014, 10:37:02 pm »
I'd have to say Nagisa, Kotone, and Setsuna have certainly won me over the most with their backstories alone. I never expected these complex of backstories, but they work really well. Good luck on your project, Zeta.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

ZetaFlare

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2014, 04:29:55 am »
Now for a pair of important supporting characters.

Ōtori Kaito (鳳カイト, age 25). A laid-back singer-songwriter. He has known Kenji from competing against him in talent competitions a few times. He became good friends with Kenji, admiring and respecting his talents and aspirations. When Kenji, Sakura, and Asuka were performing together in their amateur group, he offers them a ride to their destination in his van. After Kenji becomes a producer, he hires Kaito as his assistant, as he is still too young to drive the idols to work and back. While his knowledge of the idol world is pretty limited, he will do everything he can to support his friends.
Preferred VA: Shinichiro Miki

Ryūzaki Yashiro (龍崎社, age 39). The kind-hearted president of ZetaPro. He knows the true meaning of talent and is very choosy about the people who work for him, idols or producers. For the past decade, he has made quite a living and excellent reputation as a producer and talent scout. The idols who worked for him, backed by his kindness and support, became very successful. Two years ago, he retired as a producer. While he has earned enough money to set himself and his family for life, he used some of it to open his own production company--ZetaPro. During the events in iM@S SP, he travels Japan looking for gifted girls with the potential to become idols.

During the events in iM@S2, he appoints his gifted son, Yamato, as the agency's producer. However, he was dissatisfied with the way Yamato wanted to run the company, so he relieved him of his position, causing his angry son to defect to RyuuseiPro.

Just about a week after last year's IA ceremonies end, he appears undercover at a mall in Yokohama, where he witnesses Kenji's amateur song-and-dance group performing in a talent competition. He was amazed at what he saw--Kenji and the girls were in such perfect unison, it is almost as if they are talking to each other through their minds. He scouts the girls and offers them a chance to become full-fledged idols. After Sakura and Asuka successfully pass their auditions to become ZetaPro idols, he decides to surprise them by offering Kenji the chance to become his producer.

The president knew of Kenji before these events, back when Kenji and Yamato used to compete against each other. With musical talent as strong as his son's and with the gift to unite with his friends in an unbreakable bond, he knows Kenji is perhaps the only person who can defeat NAZO and put an end to his son's madness. Early on, he keeps it a secret from Kenji so as not to put an unnecessary burden on him. However, as ZetaPro's idols rise in popularity and NAZO begins to show more and more hostility toward them, his secret cannot be kept for long.

Preferred VA: Tomokazu Sugita
Note: Like any other iM@S president, we only see him as a silhouette. He is supposed to look similar to Prof. Oak.
Interesting note: I named him Yashiro because its kanji is used in "shachou"/company president (社長).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:10:24 pm by ZetaFlare »

ZetaFlare

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2014, 06:06:42 am »
I'm actually thinking of changing Tamaki's image song. Should I keep it as is (Oversoul from Shaman King)? Or, being that she's a miko, how about Re-sublimity from Kannazuki no Miko?

EDIT: I ultimately decided on Re-sublimity. The lyrics bring her back to her days as an utaite.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 06:02:13 am by ZetaFlare »

liza94

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2014, 05:26:55 pm »
Ichimonji Kagura (一文字神楽, age 16). NAZO's vocal master and leader. A nationally-acclaimed diva, she has performed in Tokyo Dome at the age of 8, became a guest singer for esteemed instrumental ensembles, won dozens of leading roles with her theater group, and became the student leader in two school choirs. Personality-wise, though, she's overly serious, strict, critical, and unforgiving. While she is confident about her talents, she still practices constantly. Unfortunately, her overly-proud parents took advantage of her talents, beginning to abuse her and use her as a tool to earn more money for the family. Because of this, she's always too concerned with appeasing the "needs" of her parents. Kagura and Sakura have known each other since middle school. Kagura often criticizes Sakura, claiming that she doesn't take her singing seriously enough and is just a burden to her. According to Kagura, If Sakura just sings because it's fun, she will never be able to perform at her level. Much like Sakura is with Kenji, Kagura has been a longtime friend of Yamato, often performing together in talent competitions. Her extreme dedication for Yamato and desire to please her parents causes her to immediately accept her invitation to NAZO.
Image song: Northern Cross (Macross Frontier)
Preferred VA: Kaori Shimizu

Now I understand why you bold VAs!
I wonder what is her attitude towards Karen?

A message to all my favourites: Your fight ends here. All of you have reached your limit. Everyone but Chihaya, GIVE UP.

Nikaidō Maya (二階堂魔夜, age 15). NAZO's dance master. Like the other members of NAZO, she attained incredible success and popularity as a child. She won several international dancing competitions, sometimes even outscoring adult competitors. In no time, almost everyone in the dance world knew her name. It's even rumored that she's a genius of dance, mastering nearly every dance style possible. Unfortunately, she grew up in a very bad neighborhood littered with crime. Both of her parents died after getting caught in the crossfire of a gang war. That didn't stop her, though, as she ignored the bad influences around her and kept on dancing. She's actually the most respectable member of NAZO. With a positive nature, a good heart, and a strong determination, she enjoys the thrill of the competition, respecting people with skills equal to hers. Maya accepts Yamato's offer to join NAZO, eager to search for worthy opponents to face. She actually respects ZetaPro, treating them more like just rivals rather than enemies.
Image song: World's End Dance Hall (Vocaloid)
Preferred VA: Ami Koshimizu

Maya reminds me of Saya, the character from Lemon Angel Project, who is also voiced by Ami Koshimizu.

I don't like Himeko, by the way.

ZetaFlare

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2014, 06:05:19 pm »
Now I understand why you bold VAs!
I wonder what is her attitude towards Karen?

A message to all my favourites: Your fight ends here. All of you have reached your limit. Everyone but Chihaya, GIVE UP.

Maya reminds me of Saya, the character from Lemon Angel Project, who is also voiced by Ami Koshimizu.

I don't like Himeko, by the way.

I figured you'd react to Kagura's VA selection. To be honest, Karen's main rival is Himeko, who mocks her for being a "half-breed" and threatens to steal Seiya away from her, claiming she's prettier than Karen ever will be.

Much like Yamato, Himeko is pretty much meant to be a rival players will just hate to pieces (but in-game fans adore to pieces). In TV Tropes terms, she's a definite "Rich B*tch." I gave her Tron Bonne's VA actually.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 06:11:52 pm by ZetaFlare »

liza94

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2014, 06:28:57 pm »
Much like Yamato, Himeko is pretty much meant to be a rival players will just hate to pieces (but in-game fans adore to pieces). In TV Tropes terms, she's a definite "Rich B*tch." I gave her Tron Bonne's VA actually.

But Yamato is voiced by Mamoru Miyano, so he has a small chance of my liking and I don't know Himeko's VA. :)