Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER: One For All (PS3)  (Read 253910 times)

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER: One For All (PS3)
« Reply #810 on: September 08, 2014, 02:07:29 pm »
I checked the wiki and the main OFA website and it looks the next DLC Scenario includes Thank You!, a new extend (it's...interesting), and a new stage.
Yeah I couldn't list the two new extends yet as they are still unnamed with no stats at this point. Honestly I don't really mind how many rivals they release as I don't care about any of them. Unlike last time they don't even give you a costume so they're just there as fan service for their fans. I found it more surprising about the two new songs and extends as I wasn't expecting those to be picked. I was figuring after before that maybe we would have gotten music or we have a dream this month for the group song.

I'm a bit curious about if the catalog image is related to anything, as while last time it was more balanced, this time Chihaya's right in the center. The new song is done by the person who did the aoi tori and mythmaker remixes recently (which I would link the full versions but don't seem to be uploaded to where I can link them) so I'm interested in how they'll handle the new song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjNAenvjXDI
I guess it is opposite in theme from kimi channel. Oh right if we're back to extends designed for idols, this must be Makoto's. Maybe they intended these to be able to be used with the new songs, although Takane's extend is a bit iffy on that guess.

Fun fact: OFA Chihaya likes stuffed animals
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 03:52:40 am by Okayu »

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 09, 2014, 11:19:15 pm »
Apparently, Kana's costume is based on this image:

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #812 on: September 10, 2014, 12:18:19 am »
Apparently, Kana's costume is based on this image

Making Kana the only guest idol so far to not have an original costume made specifically for One For All. Perhaps that can go under her Trivia tab on the Wiki?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 10, 2014, 12:39:10 am »
Making Kana the only guest idol so far to not have an original costume made specifically for One For All. Perhaps that can go under her Trivia tab on the Wiki?
That'll wait until the DLC is complete.

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 16, 2014, 03:24:49 pm »
Chihaya EX episode 1

Part 1, 1st Half
Chihaya comments that it's about time to leave for the live. She thinks the variation of songs in the set list is amazing. Producer mentions it covers from things like children's songs to gospel. He wonders if it's too much even for Chihaya. She says it'll be difficult, but if Producer has hope in her she can do it. That right now what makes her most joyful is being able to give back from relying on him before. Producer states that looking at Chihaya recently has made him relieved as she is able to enjoy singing any song. Chihaya responds that it's because she's been able to feel fullness in both her professional and personal life. But she still feels like she's lacking something important. She's not sure what that is but thinks she'll figure it out after the live.

Part 1, 2nd Half
Producer comments that Chihaya surpassed his expectations. Chihaya thinks the live was fun, but at the same time she also found her issue. She feels that she's finally seen what the important thing she's lacking is. Producer asks if something was really lacking as she sang fine. Chihaya replies that she was satisfied with that before, but that the more various types of songs she sings the harder it is to see what she's lacking. Producer replies that's quite a riddling conversation. He guesses that the more she sings skillfully, the harder it is to see Chihaya's unpainted face. She thinks that while her ability is improving, she isn't expressing herself through song. To express herself she'll have to take another step. She thinks that a new song is needed, something that projects her own values, a song with a lot of heart put into it. Producer approves of this and they have a meeting right away. Back at the office, Producer asks if the staff listed is okay. For now they're working on the concept of the song. Chihaya is a bit uneasy. While great artists were chosen, she's not sure if they'll be able to show herself properly. Producer thinks so too as the people making the song wouldn't know her personally. He says he'll take responsibility for that part. He'll look over everything to make sure it's properly completed as "Kisaragi Chihaya's song". Chihaya thanks Producer happily and is relieved as Producer is the one who knows her best. She also thinks that it's not only her song but both of their reaching point and a result of their activities together. Producer comments it's like a crystal. Chihaya agrees and that it's a crystal that formed from their accumulated reliance. She's sure that it'll emit a deep shine as her representative song. Producer says that they'll stop here and they'll discuss the contents next time. First they'll have to work on the image as it's an important song.

Part 2, 1st Half
This time is a festival. Chihaya asks if she wins then afterwards could they discuss the song mentioned before as they still hadn't decided on the concept yet. Producer says that's okay, but he thinks that she should concentrate more on winning the fes first rather than the song. Chihaya says that's true as the rival is probably a formidable enemy. However she thinks battling with people is easy to do as you can see what they are doing and match that. Battling something unseen is more troubling.

Part 2, 2nd Half
Chihaya is glad she won and wants to discuss the new song right away. Producer asks if she has a draft in mind already. Chihaya has trouble responding and he replies that if it's related to the draft he'd be happy if she said it. Chihaya says she has a battle that she abandoned in the past. She thinks that if she had faced it properly like with today's fes that it should have been sorted out. Producer asks if it's an idol battle. Chihaya says that's not the case and that it's a battle within herself. She asks Producer if he knows that after her parents divorced she moved out right away and if he remembers what caused her parents to start not getting along. He says her brother's traffic accident, it happened when she was still very young so there's no way she could forget it. Chihaya thanks him for remembering. At that time she was still small and was always anxious when her parents were quarreling. Things like "My brother... Yuu isn't anywhere. This must be a nightmare". She kept running away from the fact and was able to live again. However she never faced the reality of what happened and continued on being unable to sort out her feelings. Chihaya was thinking of making the song about accepting her brother's death. She feels that she doesn't have the confidence to sing such a heavy song. Producer comments that her regret is also a part of her. Chihaya replies it's part of herself that she hasn't shown on stage before. Producer says that even if it's not a song she can sing with a smile, he thinks that it's a song only Chihaya now can sing. Chihaya now feels determined. She thinks that if it's a song about herself that it has to be on this topic. Now the concept is decided. He says the song is an end to the days up until now. She says she wants to finish the ceremony she never could before. Producer says now that it's decided they can begin on composing the song. She says to put everything that was resting in her heart into it, and that she wants to show the courage she has now too.

I think I'm going to need multiple posts for this.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 03:39:09 am by Okayu »

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 17, 2014, 03:44:09 am »
Part 3, 1st Half
Producer says it's about time to leave for the audition when he notices Chihaya looking at something. She's looking at the song's written music and it's almost finally complete. She's concerned about one part though, the lyrics. She wants to discuss it after the audition.

Part 3, 2nd Half
Chihaya says there was a word she's been worrying about adding or not for a long time. Right now it's not in the lyrics. Producer asks what kind of word it is. Chihaya says that it's a normal word that you can say to anyone. However since the day she became separated from her brother, she never said it to him once. A short word with only four characters. (in japanese) She would never say it in front of his grave. Producer replies it's "Goodbye" (sayonara). She says that when it was time to leave the office for the day she could say it normally, but no matter what she couldn't say it to her brother. She says it's a very heavy thing to put this word into the lyrics, to the degree it might change the nuance of the song. But she wants to put it into the song even if it becomes a bit painful. It'll be acknowledging her crossing a river she couldn't before now. Producer says she already has as she was able to overcome her sadness and became an idol. All that's left is for her to say the word she couldn't before. She says that might be the case and that it happened without her noticing, that all that's left is for her feelings to catch up with reality. Chihaya has come to a resolution and will put sayonara into the lyrics. She says she doesn't have any other problems. With this their song is complete. She has no worries about it. She thanks Producer for producing it. She says she'll prepare so she can sing this song on stage at full power.

Part 4, 1st Half
Producer exclaims that Chihaya's rival in today's festival will be Leon. He asks what song she wants to use against such a strong opponent. Chihaya comments how Leon is a world class idol. Chihaya thinks she won't win with half-hearted feelings. She says she'll go with that song. Producer asks if she's really ready to use her new song for this battle. Chihaya says she honestly doesn't know. She says she's sung it experimentally many times, but a test is just a test. Chihaya didn't have the confidence to keep her feelings under control so she was singing it without putting too much emotion into it. But today she wants to sing it at full power for the first time. She believes it might surpass a world class idol.

Part 4, 2nd Half
Producer is happy about beating Leon. He was able to see for the first time how amazing that song was. He comments it seems she put so much spirit into it that her back is still trembling. Chihaya turns around but something is wrong. She begins to burst into tears. Producer wonders if as soon as the song ended the memories began to bother her. Chihaya says she's no good and cries harder. Producer says not to talk and to calm down. Producer thinks to himself that at times like this whatever he says will be pointless. With all of his strength he hugs Chihaya. He says he'll hug her until her feelings have calmed down. Chihaya says okay and cries a bit more. Producer asks if she can talk now. Chihaya says yes and apologizes. She didn't think it would turn out like this. Producer asks if there was an omen while singing on stage. Chihaya says she was fine on stage. The moment her concentration was broken her memories began to act violently, as if being awakened. She says it's because it's her song, because it's too much her song. Her memories were heavier than she had imagined. She might have remembered the thing she didn't want to the most. Producer asks if it's her memories of after the accident. She says yes and that she had been able to endure what happened to Yuu more than she had expected. However she wasn't able to overcome the days after the accident at all. She just had sealed them away. She says her brother's story has a continuation. She hasn't told anyone how she lived after the accident. Producer mentally comments the accident happened 9 years ago but he hasn't heard anything about what happened before joining 765pro. Chihaya says that after the accident she- Leon shows up and cuts her off. Leon asks if she's okay. She says that when Chihaya was singing her spirit was strange. Leon was bothered by that. She asks if that's not her business. Producer replies Leon helped lighten the dark atmosphere a bit and thanks her. Leon says it's fine to sing earnestly, but that she shouldn't strain herself too much. That if she's completely absorbed in it in a bad way she won't be able to make her song shine. Also Leon will be bothered by it. Chihaya apologizes. She says she'll sing within her limits until she gets used to it. Leon thinks that's good. She says Chihaya should rest for now and leaves. Chihaya says she's inexperienced. Rather than winning it felt like she just manipulated her fes' opponent. It seems that Chihaya worried Leon. Producer says this song is a double edged sword. Chihaya replies she doesn't regret using this song. It was her song, the good and the bad. Chihaya is sure if she overcomes this pain it'll be better. Producer narrates that like this the first battle with Leon ended. However Chihaya's new song still has various problems. He'll have to battle with Chihaya's past together with her. And some day he wants to battle the serious Leon. Without Leon being concerned about Chihaya. Chihaya will have to conquer her past and make the song better. So Chihaya can overcome everything and feel release.

To be continued in EX episode 2 (parts 5-8) in October's DLC Catalog. And then that to be continued in EX episode 3 (parts 9-12) in December's DLC Catalog.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:49:47 am by Okayu »

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 17, 2014, 08:20:06 am »
You've truly an eye for detail, Okayu, let alone the fondness of Chihaya -- a man after my own heart.

Also yay 300 posts, and props to your first 100. :3
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 17, 2014, 11:11:41 am »
Thanks for the really detailed translation. I got the gist of it when playing it, but i missed quite a bunch of details.

Now i really want to understand the details of Yukiho's Ex story. I guess i'll have to sit down with a dictionary and grammar dictionary and ask my Japanese teacher if that doesn't help either.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 17, 2014, 01:52:53 pm »
Whoa, that makes Saihyou even more powerful than it already was...!

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 17, 2014, 04:30:48 pm »
It's become my favourite Chihaya song at that. What difference can a meaning make.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 17, 2014, 07:14:25 pm »
Thanks for the really detailed translation. I got the gist of it when playing it, but i missed quite a bunch of details.

Now i really want to understand the details of Yukiho's Ex story. I guess i'll have to sit down with a dictionary and grammar dictionary and ask my Japanese teacher if that doesn't help either.

I'm writing up a short summary of it now. It might be off in some places, but it's a straightforward one and not too confusing.

You can use these videos to follow along.

The DLC starts with Producer answering a call from the composer of Yukiho's new song. Both Producer and Yukiho are excited for the song and for the chance to work together on it. After the live, Producer remarks that Yukiho's self-confidence has gotten better and that she's truly growing. While Yukiho is not sure about her self-confidence, she says she's able to do her best because everyone else is with her. Just then, Kotori calls Producer with a work issue, and Producer has to go help despite the meeting with the composer being set. Although Producer is concerned, Yukiho says that she can go to the meeting by herself. She knows that they can't just skip the meeting, and she doesn't want to keep relying on Producer in these moments.

Yukiho says that the meetings have been informative, but she's worried about her own ability to find her true song. Producer says he'll always be around to support her but adds that Yukiho is the person responsible for her own song. She's still anxious about it after her work for the week, so the two talk about it before Yukiho has to leave for her meeting. Yukiho mentions that she'd like her song's image to reflect courage: she received it from Producer and everyone else, and she wants to show it through her song. In addition, Producer mentions hope as a way of further conveying courage in the song.

The next week, Yukiho is worried since she's supposed to report her song to the composer but doesn't think it meets the image she was reaching for. Both Producer and Yukiho don't think her current song has that feeling, and Yukiho gets depressed when she realizes she doesn't understand courage enough to write a song about it. Producer helps her remember where she got courage from: himself, everyone at 765 Pro, and her fans. Yukiho recalls the way she gained courage from them, and now she wants to be able to give that courage back. She was slightly concerned that she didn't do it on her own in the end, but she still wants to go forward with the song by herself.

Yukiho goes on the next week to beat Leon with Ano Hi no Namida and is met with great applause. When Yukiho gets off stage, she's so overwhelmed with emotion that she slips and grabs Producer during her fall. After calming down, Producer mentions that Yukiho felt surprisingly small when compared to the reaction from the audience. Just as Yukiho says that she couldn't do it alone, Leon comes in to congratulate Yukiho on her performance and overwhelms Yukiho with the moment again. She mentions Yukiho's abundance of sensitivity and compliments the emotion of her song before heading off after mentioning their "next stage." Producer and Yukiho notice her aura and experience but know they don't want to lose to her, either. Yukiho is grateful for all the courage given to her by everyone, but Producer remarks that Yukiho's own courage also comes from not relying on others and sticking to her ground. They both promise to work hard together in the future.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:51:24 pm by Yukibro »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 17, 2014, 07:32:14 pm »
Maybe make a new thread called "Story translations" or something?

Edit: I think i'll try to make a full translation of the Yukiho episodes. I'm sure it's a good exercise and i'll learn a lot.
Does anybody know if there is a transcript of the text? I just made one for the first part of EX episode 1, but it already took quite some time.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:03:00 pm by Naryoril »

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 17, 2014, 08:27:54 pm »
It's become my favourite Chihaya song at that. What difference can a meaning make.
I guess they learned that from DS. Now if we could play as the idols too that'd be interesting.

chaos176

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 20, 2014, 08:11:14 am »
PV for catalogue 5 is up on youtube now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGaX2w5aQBU