Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER: One For All (PS3)  (Read 310951 times)

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: The iDOLM@STER: One For All (PS3)
« Reply #840 on: September 20, 2014, 08:51:35 pm »
I wasn't sure where to post this, but here is an important interview with GamiP translated. In case any errors were made in wording the original is linked as well.
http://kultur2.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-2404.html
http://pastebin.com/3sikEZyL

"A. 毎回タイトルを開発するたびに海外版も考慮して開発しています。海外ユーザーの声を集計して計画します"
A. Each time we develop a title we consider developing overseas versions as well. Overseas fans voices are heard and then after we make plans.

Now before anyone gets their hopes up, even if they make an English version there is no guarantee that it would be an American/EU version. I had plenty of games on Xbox 360 that were Chinese ver. in English.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 20, 2014, 11:36:45 pm »
Holy shit, that fall themed costume is the most god awful DLC outfit to date.
I thought it would grow on me but it hasnt at all. It's just uuuuugly. :[

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 20, 2014, 11:56:55 pm »
I like 99 Nights, and its associated extend.
Starlight Agent's back! Now if Agent Yoru was...

With what happened to Tonari ni... I am interested in seeing how my song will play, what with its abysmally-unusable BPM in 2.
I love Kyun's non-bat accessories, but I think I've been all vampired out after 2.
I'll admit it's a lazy recolor, but I really, REALLY hope I'm not the only one here who actually prefers the Pastel Bikini over the Vivid Bikini. Not at all close to my to-get list though.
I like the new scenario's stage finally something where school uniforms make sense! but I have to agree with a lot of you saying the extend for it's... urgh.

"A. 毎回タイトルを開発するたびに海外版も考慮して開発しています。海外ユーザーの声を集計して計画します"
A. Each time we develop a title we consider developing overseas versions as well. Overseas fans voices are heard and then after we make plans.

Now before anyone gets their hopes up, even if they make an English version there is no guarantee that it would be an American/EU version. I had plenty of games on Xbox 360 that were Chinese ver. in English.
Hey, just give me English subs and all is well - though in that case I hope there's an option to switch between. I'll admit imports cost, but at least it'll make it more accessible to people for whom the language barrier's their primary prohibition. I'd support it. iM@S is one of my main hoobies, after all.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:00:21 am by Virgofall »

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #843 on: September 21, 2014, 12:02:19 am »
iM@S is one of my main hoobies, after all.

Same
+1 for sense of humor

Sort of like fruitcake. AKA: what this costume is
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:06:53 am by animagic4u »

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 21, 2014, 12:26:27 am »
I like 99 Nights, and its associated extend.
Starlight Agent's back! Now if Agent Yoru was...

With what happened to Tonari ni... I am interested in seeing how my song will play, what with its abysmally-unusable BPM in 2.
The extend is nice I agree. For 'my song', its BPM will be doubled for gameplay. They did it with 'Saihyou' (72 BPM) and 'Futatsu no Tsuki' (96 BPM) as well.

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 21, 2014, 12:42:34 am »
Eh, you can't win 'em all, especially when it comes to Extends. They can be hit or miss. However, the hits became instant favorites of mine. Maybe next month. What I really want to see (though it might be a long shot) are those image-color outfits the VAs wore during the 7th anniversary live (not the Prima Concerto; those various white outfits w/ a bit of emphasis on their respective character's color).

I haven't heard 99 Nights yet, but I have heard some good things about it. I really need to listen. Though the title does remind me of that old 360 hack-n-slash of the same name (alias N3).

For 'my song', its BPM will be doubled for gameplay. They did it with 'Saihyou' (72 BPM) and 'Futatsu no Tsuki' (96 BPM) as well.

So by this logic, double-time Futatsu no Tsuki will be on par with Ai Like Hamburger in terms of speed. (192 BPMs)

I liked the Starlight Agent. Something in my gut tells me they're going to save the classics made DLC in iM@S2 (Mahou, 9:02, Agent, and Positive) for later.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 21, 2014, 01:19:07 am »
I'll admit it's a lazy recolor, but I really, REALLY hope I'm not the only one here who actually prefers the Pastel Bikini over the Vivid Bikini. Not at all close to my to-get list though.
I actually prefer it too as it's easier on the eyes and I disliked some of the color pairings before. At least you can choose both and not one or the other.

The extend is nice I agree. For 'my song', its BPM will be doubled for gameplay. They did it with 'Saihyou' (72 BPM) and 'Futatsu no Tsuki' (96 BPM) as well.
That explains a lot if Saihyou was sped up, it didn't seem that slow while playing although not nearly as fast as tonari ni. That's good they've managed to make slow songs usable still as well.

I remember the same thing was said about star piece memories when it first came out, but after all the promotion it's got for over half a year now it's definitely grown on me. I don't love the fall extend, but I don't hate it either. It's not the ugliest thing I've seen either. It's probably much easier to make costumes for the other seasons when summer has swimsuits, winter has christmas, and spring has flowers I guess.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 21, 2014, 03:52:53 am »
Well, for fall, you could just do leaves or the moon, that could actually be really pretty. This extend looks veggie-themed???

And I agree with the pastel bikini, for some color pairings at least.

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 21, 2014, 05:59:49 am »
Maybe it really is just me, but I don't mind the fall extend. Maybe it's less extravagant than it could be, but I knew since the first preview of the DLC that it was meant to reflect autumn with those colors. I also like the boots and the little bits of leaves and chestnuts throughout, since it gives the extend a folksy appeal.

I'm also digging 99 Nights and that classy extend, though I'd like to hear the full version soon. It seems like one of those songs that could surprise me in the full version. I'm also unsure if my song will get a boost in speed since I don't think Saihyou at 72 BPM was fast like Tonari ni at 88 BPM. I think the latter was some weird fluke they've since tried to avoid.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 21, 2014, 09:18:39 am »
That's good they've managed to make slow songs usable still as well.

I'd rather say "That's good they've managed to prevent slow songs from being completely overpowered". In OFA you can reach higher scores with slow songs than you can with fast songs, but you need more memory appeals to be able to burst 4 times.

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 21, 2014, 08:05:34 pm »
Maybe it really is just me, but I don't mind the fall extend. Maybe it's less extravagant than it could be, but I knew since the first preview of the DLC that it was meant to reflect autumn with those colors. I also like the boots and the little bits of leaves and chestnuts throughout, since it gives the extend a folksy appeal.
I think the issue most of us have with it is not that it reflects autumn. I don't think we all mind that, as much as the design itself is off. My personal issue with it's probably the actual dress' structure; I like the detailing.

I remember the same thing was said about star piece memories when it first came out, but after all the promotion it's got for over half a year now it's definitely grown on me.
I agree with this... as far as fanart goes. I dislike it in the game as much as I did when it was released - probably because it still looks as stiff as ever within the game. I think the physics - the way an outfit moves - is a huge part with some of the outfits for me.

Well, for fall, you could just do leaves or the moon, that could actually be really pretty. This extend looks veggie-themed???
Fall also has Halloween (I'm expecting that particular extend to come back next month). Or since we had the Summer Grace outfit, they could've done a sweater-based outfit.
It's pretty clear this extend WANTS to be a tree, but it's... not quite doing so well at it.

I'd rather say "That's good they've managed to prevent slow songs from being completely overpowered". In OFA you can reach higher scores with slow songs than you can with fast songs, but you need more memory appeals to be able to burst 4 times.
This may also be true, but I think we can all agree on "That's good they've managed to make a lot more songs playable and balanced with the game mechanics in OFA when compared to the game mechanics in iM@S2" because none of the songs are wasted here, you can play as you like.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 21, 2014, 08:30:10 pm »
I have to say overall I'm enjoying all the new DLC content. We might even get to L4U levels at this pace, excluding the remixes anyways.

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 24, 2014, 10:50:42 pm »
My PS+ seemed to grab patches for this and iM@S Channel last night, but I couldn't check the changes and don't see any recent updates on either. Did anyone else see these patches?

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 24, 2014, 11:01:21 pm »
Yes, i got them too today, also from PS+ overnight.

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 25, 2014, 06:26:17 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1ZRrsK5dQo

While it does trigger copyright flags, it luckily avoids getting muted like Ramune was before.

I'll also post a link for the DLC route tomorrow when I go through it. The dialogue was rather thick for me this time, but Kotori played a pretty big role in it. She mentions her alma mater, based on some of the dialogue throughout, and 765 has a large training session to win the festival for her sake.

EDIT: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24546959

And for anyone curious about 99 Nights, there's a couple of videos on Nico. I'm kinda tempted to buy it myself now.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 06:40:42 am by Yukibro »