Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER: One For All (PS3)  (Read 340778 times)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER: One For All (PS3)
« Reply #1215 on: May 26, 2015, 07:59:13 pm »
Was anyone prompted to update to version 1.07?  What are the changes?  I don't think this is an old update since I play OFA every week for fun after beating the Ex episodes.

OniZetto

• ちーちゃんは徹底してるな!
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1216 on: May 26, 2015, 08:11:51 pm »
After knowing them for a few months, all my thoughts about them have come to a clue: It is already a miracle that these 13 girls can last for a decade.

With such setup, they will be running out of options very soon. You may argue that new story lines can be made over and over, but there won't be infinity options as they have their own personality, and the story has to fit that. That way, they need new characters to assist those old ones to keep them alive (I'm looking at you, CG and ML fellows...) And irony thing is, those side-products are even more famous than the original.

With a few console games (yes, I'm not going to talk about side-products like mobile games) that almost make no difference, well maybe a full season of anime with a movie, plus annual celebration that gathered fans around vocal actresses does helped their long journey, it's still unbelievable that NBEI can keep them up running for so long. Although they're not all that famous across the world, they are still the first bunch of virtual girls in the world that have CD albums released under their own identity instead of their vocal actress, there are also a lot of secondary products like other anime all around. So all in all I may say NBEI created a milestone as they're producing virtual idols. But if they don't fix their selling strategy for the game, even those hardcore fans will eventually drop out of the circle; because Project iM@S starts as a game, not an anime or anything else.

Maybe my vision and thoughts aren't 100% correct, but by a simple glance at 918 incident I know that NBEI will not learn the lesson; they just want to grow larger and larger by taking our money, without concerning a title's spirit and consumer's true feelings toward those titles. This way, our best action to reject them is not to buy something you don't like.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 08:20:17 pm by OniZetto »

空は限界を全然持っていない、トップをめざし続けなさい!お願い!アイマス
Oni's iM@S Racing Project - Let's Aim for the Podium!!

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: May 26, 2015, 08:40:35 pm »
I don't really see why your are all that disappointed. Yeah, there is no new costume or accessories and no all new song, but come on, it's 4 songs. It might not be the songs you wanted (nor is it for me, i'm still waiting for Yakusoku and Aoi Tori), but i'm sure there are quite a lot of happy people out there, for example about Shiny Smile or Smoky Thrill.

A happiness already fulfilled, sure; the real issue isn't for the actual song choice so much as how they recycled everything from iM@S 2, let alone at full price. Hell, even the NG trio similarly fall under this category, given their individual idol releases -- the new song hardly justifies the price point and what little you get for it. Still, Namco's trying it as their apple of your eye.

If that doesn't exemplify the term shoehorning then I've no clue what does.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 09:01:31 pm by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

OniZetto

• ちーちゃんは徹底してるな!
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1218 on: May 26, 2015, 08:54:29 pm »
I do think the only thing that worth my money was the EX episodes, although there are very few stage outfits that suit my taste, I still don't want to spend like 10 USD just to get a set of clothes... or a song.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 26, 2015, 09:20:18 pm »
Re: the longevity of the main cast: I feel like they could still keep doing stuff if they experimented with the characters more. They COULD make Makoto be girly like she's wanted to for basically a decade, but they keep rehashing the same stuff over and over again because that sells.

That's why as much as I like 765, I'm totally for CG and ML expanding because these characters are basically blank slates. They can do new stuff with them, regardless of whether or not you think they're flat/carbon copies. I feel like 765 has become locked into their roles. I'm afraid of them stagnating. Takane is always going to be ~mysterious and weird~ with not a ton of development, etc

In a perfect world all three would get equal attention from NBGI but money's what talks so CG is the one getting games and an anime instead of ML.

I'll probably delete this later because this is totally disorganized but I wanted to get this out so :V

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #1220 on: May 26, 2015, 09:53:37 pm »
After knowing them for a few months, all my thoughts about them have come to a clue: It is already a miracle that these 13 girls can last for a decade.

With such setup, they will be running out of options very soon. You may argue that new story lines can be made over and over, but there won't be infinity options as they have their own personality, and the story has to fit that. That way, they need new characters to assist those old ones to keep them alive (I'm looking at you, CG and ML fellows...) And irony thing is, those side-products are even more famous than the original.

With a few console games (yes, I'm not going to talk about side-products like mobile games) that almost make no difference, well maybe a full season of anime with a movie, plus annual celebration that gathered fans around vocal actresses does helped their long journey, it's still unbelievable that NBEI can keep them up running for so long. Although they're not all that famous across the world, they are still the first bunch of virtual girls in the world that have CD albums released under their own identity instead of their vocal actress, there are also a lot of secondary products like other anime all around. So all in all I may say NBEI created a milestone as they're producing virtual idols. But if they don't fix their selling strategy for the game, even those hardcore fans will eventually drop out of the circle; because Project iM@S starts as a game, not an anime or anything else.

Maybe my vision and thoughts aren't 100% correct, but by a simple glance at 918 incident I know that NBEI will not learn the lesson; they just want to grow larger and larger by taking our money, without concerning a title's spirit and consumer's true feelings toward those titles. This way, our best action to reject them is not to buy something you don't like.

Re: the longevity of the main cast: I feel like they could still keep doing stuff if they experimented with the characters more. They COULD make Makoto be girly like she's wanted to for basically a decade, but they keep rehashing the same stuff over and over again because that sells.

That's why as much as I like 765, I'm totally for CG and ML expanding because these characters are basically blank slates. They can do new stuff with them, regardless of whether or not you think they're flat/carbon copies. I feel like 765 has become locked into their roles. I'm afraid of them stagnating. Takane is always going to be ~mysterious and weird~ with not a ton of development, etc

In a perfect world all three would get equal attention from NBGI but money's what talks so CG is the one getting games and an anime instead of ML.

I'll probably delete this later because this is totally disorganized but I wanted to get this out so :V

I completely agree. As much as I enjoy the main 13, I can accept these new characters if some of them are shown to be as fleshed-out and interesting as the originals (Momoko and Ranko come to mind for me). In fact, I'm one of those people that wouldn't mind if they spruced things up for Third Vision (if it happens) like bringing some ML characters to the main games with story routes and all. It'd be interesting and a nice change of pace while at the same time not having to remove the original girls that made this series what it is. That's why I'm not as paranoid of these new girls. I'm all for expanding the cast since, let's be honest, having the exact same cast of 13 for 10 years would probably get old pretty fast.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 26, 2015, 10:05:02 pm »

I agree with you, but I would like to add that rehashing the same stuff is what every franchise does.  So, it's nothing new.

I really love the 765pro idols, especially Chihaya, and I'm really attached to them.  There are some changes with each new game, and I'm sure Namco will continue to experiment with them.

I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan of CG or ML idols.  I think they should be separate from the 765pro games (cameos are okay) and have their own games.  This will give the 765pro idols a break, so that Namco can try some new experiments with them.

Oh, and I would greatly appreciate it if anyone knows the answer to my last post. Thanks.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:07:25 pm by mariokirby »

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 26, 2015, 10:08:24 pm »
Four retro songs is eh (not that the songs themselves are bad). Not too great, but definitely not horrible either. What makes it really disappointing is the fact that things weren't mentioned until literally last-minute, which makes this scream lack-of-effort. Even if iM@S2 had rehashes, etc. they did at least add additional content above and beyond.

I feel like they could still keep doing stuff if they experimented with the characters more.
Agreed. Except for Ritsuko becoming a producer and Azusa finding her Destined One if not P (9/18 incident, that is all), there's a lot of things that you could do with 765 that won't completely break the game/fanbase and give the characters what they want/some new dimensions. I personally wouldn't mind seeing 765 in a game where we get to view the story from their own eyes, or from someone else's viewpoint (I'm not counting L4U in the latter) - even a PoV change could do a lot.

I didn't mention much about CG/ML because really, it'll eventually become the same thing come another 10 years or so. I only lament that the two spinoffs can't interact (since there's characters from both sides I'd like to see). And SideM, well... outside of rivalries, I don't anticipate they'll see much action in a main series game so meh.

Though on ML... imo it'll be kind of hard to separate them from a 765 game fully, given that ML's idols are specifically in 765Pro and the original idols aren't just sidelined like in CG.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: May 26, 2015, 10:16:14 pm »
Though on ML... imo it'll be kind of hard to separate them from a 765 game fully, given that ML's idols are specifically in 765Pro and the original idols aren't just sidelined like in CG.

That's true, but the ML manga made it seem that they could act completely independent from 765pro idols since they (765pro) appeared in the manga only as cameos (with a little bit of mentoring but really not much other than serve as cameos).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:56:53 pm by mariokirby »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: May 26, 2015, 11:21:04 pm »
Was anyone prompted to update to version 1.07?  What are the changes?  I don't think this is an old update since I play OFA every week for fun after beating the Ex episodes.

I don't know what changed, but i think the patch came 2 days ago.

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 27, 2015, 02:00:10 am »
How do you offer 4 songs and still not impress.

I think it's really managing a lack of effort that even goes beyond a typical lack of effort. I actually don't mind having OFA around as a DLC catalog dump bin, but that's only if I assume Scamco's at least pushing out the songs they can push out alongside previous extends and whatnot. Now we get guest DLC (already wasteful to me, honestly) that's almost just a combo of three reused assets and a bunch of on-disc (PS3) iM@S2 songs without any special extends which would literally take no more effort than the songs.

I do think it might be a sign of something approaching, though. If the catalogs are really dwindling down to nothing, then I assume we're going to transition to something else soon. Hopefully.

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 27, 2015, 02:59:43 am »
I do think it might be a sign of something approaching, though. If the catalogs are really dwindling down to nothing, then I assume we're going to transition to something else soon. Hopefully.

Most likely another non-flagship spinoff. iM@S 3 Production didn't start until maybe around half a year ago, maybe a little more. But It's definitely something to look forward to around the later half of 2016.

OniZetto

• ちーちゃんは徹底してるな!
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1227 on: June 04, 2015, 06:34:30 pm »
We've been playing iM@S 2 for 3 years before One For All was there, and the first console game was released 8 years ago (4 years before iM@S 2.) So the gap between console games is like 3 or 4 years... so base on this roughly calculated schedule, I don't think the new PS4 title will come that soon.

Maybe there'll be a iM@S game for PSVita or another PSP spin-off. For next main game we'll probably have to wait until early 2017, even later since we're transiting to a completely new console (just like it took one more year for the dual-consoled iM@S 2,) but that's just a guess.

About Third Vision... Jesus, that will involve A LOT of work, bare in mind even if it's only Million Live, there're not just 13 of them... just imagine you're going to make a ML console game like the previous 3 for the original 765Pro, and there will be 37 girls to work with; we'll have 50 of them if you want to include the old ones.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 06:54:37 pm by OniZetto »

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: June 06, 2015, 12:44:37 am »
And, Chihaya's Ex episodes have been fully subbed.  Thank you so much Okayu for all your hard work (and those that helped you).

I'm going to post the link, but please give credit to Okayu.  I'm just being very selfish.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj8_OUG7OFPkA4OU1BTHoS-aK2cUgWlO7

I've had several good dreams about Chihaya.  You should already know why this is the case.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 06, 2015, 12:51:50 am »
You've my utmost thanks, friends. Time to dig in Chihaya's EX for real once I've the time.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3