Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pre-release thread: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars  (Read 127716 times)

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
« Reply #600 on: July 13, 2016, 07:28:49 am »
YouTube notification on my phone lol sorry  ;D
Usually do that, too. Figured I didn't have to this time since I was already on my computer. Turns out I was wrong~ /shrug

I don't think I'll be posting Yukiho's when they drop it. Maybe not here, at least. Leaving it for someone, I feel they should more than I.

....I /spoiler a lot. .__.
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 14, 2016, 05:03:01 am »
Just figured I should give a heads up to the newer fans as I see some people with lower post counts joining us which is good. Don't feel obligated to get DLC to fully enjoy the game. The DLC is bonus content, and should be treated as such, especially if you don't have the funds to do so. Usually other fans that have purchased the DLC will share some of the content on video sites like Youtube or Nico Nico such as dramas or song solos.

The in game benefits of having DLC content such as costumes and songs is they're usually a bit more buffed than the in game items, however they are by no means required to beat the game at all (besides other DLC content and even then I haven't tested personally if it's possible with in game only items).

Then there's email DLC for each idol. These are usually best bought on day 1 as they'll be sent to you frequently throughout the game. However these emails are all in Japanese, so besides a few images included aren't recommended to non Japanese speaking fans. As to why these are included back when the series was still in arcades there was a feature where texts could be sent to your real life phone and this carried over to later games as an in game phone.

Also there's options to buy in game money but I don't think I've ever needed to buy it personally. There's also the P drop thing but I think we'll get a better idea of how that works after the game is out.

Guest idols were in OFA which came with a festival you would play against them in as well as being able to see them perform a song, but thus far this doesn't seem to be returning. It's still a possibility in the future, but it's definitely not day 1 DLC like Ranko was for OFA.

Lastly are the dramas. These are usually bonus scenarios involving the characters in a story line unrelated to the main game. With One For All they introduced EX episode dramas which were pretty much bonus routes for each character that were broken into 3 parts. These took place after the in game story and included an exclusive song and costume. While we can't say 100% certain that they will do this again in Platinum Stars, it is a high possibility as they've already announced an album set for PS and most of the time album sets contain new songs on them.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 14, 2016, 06:02:25 am »
I don't know how I missed it. I sat on the page and refreshed for 15 minutes. : (

That's quite some dedication there.

Then there's email DLC for each idol.

Oh, yeah.  I forgot to mention about those.  As Okayu mentioned, make sure you buy these immediately if you want to start seeing texts messages from the idols when you start the game .  (Not required, but an interesting feature to have).

But, in any case, if you like the game a lot, then there's nothing wrong in spending extra money on some DLC.  If you don't like the game at all, then there's no point in getting DLC.  Obviously, you don't have to get everything.  Just pick out what you like or can afford.

I know some people will disagree with my philosophy, but I feel you'll miss out on parts of what the game offers if you 100% avoid DLC.  Getting some DLC is good enough.  And, you don't have to buy it immediately as it comes out.  You can buy whenever you save some extra cash.  As I mentioned before, it's not required, and you can always see people upload vids for songs and story DLC as Okayu mentioned if you can't afford it.  But, if you have extra money and you really love the franchise, then by all means buy some DLC you like.  You'll enjoy the game more.  Or you could wait a year for the bargain.

darkthunder

• Apprentice
  • STRICTLY A NORMAL HUMAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 14, 2016, 02:28:52 pm »

But, in any case, if you like the game a lot, then there's nothing wrong in spending extra money on some DLC.  If you don't like the game at all, then there's no point in getting DLC.  Obviously, you don't have to get everything.  Just pick out what you like or can afford.

Couldn't agree more about this
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 02:32:09 pm by darkthunder »

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 14, 2016, 07:40:09 pm »
Last nico stream before the game comes out announced.

http://idolmaster.jp/blog/?p=21500

Will be on 7/21 and include Eriko (Haruka's VA) as one of the hosts.

You can watch it or timeshift it from here.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv269512385

Also Mingosu (Chihaya's VA) and Kami (Ritsuko's VA) will be playing the game on episode 16 of Mingosu's nico series on 8/9.

http://www.famitsu.com/serial/asami_niconicossg/201607/14110918.html

Main video can be watched or time shifted here.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv269621757

Bonus video can be watched or time shifted here, you must be subscribed (as in paid) to view bonus videos though.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv269622101
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 07:46:22 pm by Okayu »

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 15, 2016, 08:02:55 am »
Bonus video can be watched or time shifted here, you must be subscribed (as in paid) to view bonus videos though.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv269622101

By the way, is it even possible to subscribe from outside of Japan? I'd like to, but couldn't find any way, since they don't accept anything but japan credit cards, au, docomo and softbank mobile payments=(

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 20, 2016, 04:07:00 pm »
Just a reminder the last nico stream before launch is tomorrow.

It's a bit early in my time zone so I might set an alarm so I can be awake in time to get in, but I don't have a premium nico account so there's always the risk of getting kicked out and then trying to get back in. I'll try to post what info I can here, but otherwise I'll use the time shift to fill any details I might miss. I won't be able to get a post out right away but I'll try to get it out as soon as I can tomorrow.

Edit: I had something come up but then it shifted until later so I should be on when the stream starts as originally planned.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:24:09 pm by Okayu »

Adz0086

• Apprentice
  • Hibiki's English name is Sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 20, 2016, 04:52:02 pm »
Hibiki PV is out \^o^/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFPVnzDFrP8&app=desktop

The Live Kakumei de SHOW! was used for her PV
Yukiho is up next and Ritsuko is still missing in action

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 20, 2016, 10:33:52 pm »
Just a reminder the last nico stream before launch is tomorrow.

It's a bit early in my time zone so I might set an alarm so I can be awake in time to get in, but I don't have a premium nico account so there's always the risk of getting kicked out and then trying to get back in. I'll try to post what info I can here, but otherwise I'll use the time shift to fill any details I might miss. I'm not 100% certain if I'll get a post out right away, but it'll definitely be up some point tomorrow.

Yeah, they are pretty good at picking the worst time possible=)
Got premium, but I usually work at that time, so I download it (for me it's too laggy to watch live) and watch later at my leisure.

Aripene

• Greenhorn
  • Chihaya 4 life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 21, 2016, 02:44:07 am »
I basically just made an account for this topic hahaha you all seem like nice peeps! I'm in Japan right now so I'll be able to watch the livestream but I'm leaving tomorrow so I won't have the time to grab the game before I leave  :'(
Chihaya is best girl and I ship Haruka and Chihaya so much!(it's basically cannon guys, just accept it ;p)

Teddie

• Apprentice
  • 僕たちのResistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 21, 2016, 12:47:56 pm »
Hibiki PV is out \^o^/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFPVnzDFrP8&app=desktop

The Live Kakumei de SHOW! was used for her PV
Yukiho is up next and Ritsuko is still missing in action
Wow, that was really energetic. Still, everyone's version of The Live Kakumei de SHOW! never dissapoint me.

HibikiP | MakotoP | MioP |My Cinderella Producers profile~

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 21, 2016, 04:11:41 pm »
Alright stream's over, ended a few minutes late.

• They made a cake celebrating 1 week until PS goes on sale. Azusa's figure is included since her birthday was a few days ago.
  • They go over the three lessons. Burst lesson is a wack a mole pushing buttons kind of thing and you light up the whole crowd to get a perfect. Expression is the usual pressing matching color panels. Cosmetics is a memorizing game and the end screen make up will vary based on how well you did.
  • You get to see a daily animation each morning and night.
  • An animation plays when you get a new costume. You can get new costumes from lives or P drops.
  • They show the catalog 1 PV again, but after the second half there's a new section. They reveal DL Lives where for a limited period of time you can perform a certain live and if you succeed you get the chance to earn a special costume. You use P drops to increase rewards and get rare drops. The first one is themed after I want and lasts during August.
  • Eriko plays a live with the new costume and Kimi Channel using 11 P drops.
  • They showed Hibiki's character PV again, no new one shown.

2nd Catalog 1 PV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3T_HuTppLk

DL Live

Cake

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:14:08 pm by Okayu »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 21, 2016, 04:28:35 pm »
i hope that event doesn't mean i'll have to play on my Japanese PSN account if i want to participate...

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 21, 2016, 09:33:32 pm »
Thank you so much for the update, Okayu.

Very interesting that they are doing DL lives.
Where

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 21, 2016, 11:28:48 pm »
I don't really understand the concept of DL Lives. Can someone explain it ot me?