Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pre-release thread: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars  (Read 134811 times)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
« Reply #540 on: June 20, 2016, 09:25:37 am »
So with this it's pretty much confirmed it'll be going in birthday order. At least now that they've done the two new songs the rest will have to be songs we don't know about in the set list now.

Well spotted with the birthday. That would mean the remaining order is
Haruka
Iori
Ami and Mami
Ritsuko
Azusa
Makoto
Hibiki
Miki
Yukiho

Saving the best for the end ;p

But there are 3 more songs we already know are in the set list

@5:38 of that video, look at the purple square at the right side.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 20, 2016, 03:03:33 pm »
It does seems odd they wouldn't use Kiramekirari for Yayoi if that's the case. Maybe they wanted to mix it up a bit.

Teddie

• Apprentice
  • 僕たちのResistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 20, 2016, 04:14:55 pm »
Bean sprouts ahoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0jUg6r2_u0

I love this song on the new PV! Actually, I like The Live Kakumei de SHOW! more than Happy!. Her version is actually adorable.

HibikiP | MakotoP | MioP |My Cinderella Producers profile~

Kimiko

• Producer
  • Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 20, 2016, 08:36:39 pm »
Still don't like the penlights unity
I know you can't compare mobile games to console games, but in starlight stage it does work to an extend
so they could make it work on console too

but I like the new song and I am curiouse about the other pvs

still sad that I don't have the money to buy a ps4 or the game... well waiting for let's plays then xD

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 21, 2016, 10:42:48 pm »
Alright, just caught up with all the PVs.  I agree, the penlas need more varied movement and even better if they can get them to match the calls. It's like they're all strapped to super bouncy balls or something lol.  As for the faces thing, I just noticed it in Takane's PV.  It actually doesn't bother me as much the more I rewatch it, I guess it's just something we have to used to along with the new designs.  Anyways, hype hype hype!  Bring on the rest of the PVs, lets' gooo!!

ALSO, I don't recall there being any (main) im@s song like this yet, but I've been hearing a lot of these jpop/rock fused with traditional japanese music lately, like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk3dua-2KQE
I have no idea what this is lol(I swear one of them sounds like Miki O.o), but now I really want one of this type of songs for them!  I hope we can get one as DLC or something, complete with kimono outfits.  ;)

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 22, 2016, 12:59:06 am »
^ CG has Hanakanzashi (which is one of my fave Cute songs, konchikichin konchikichin) and Ao no Ichibanboshi, but that's about it.

There's also Aikurushii but that's way more pop than traditional. It's just got a bit of traditional sound to it lol

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 22, 2016, 05:06:03 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ZawdNQOGA

Haruka just gets Happy! too. Hmm.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:10:39 am by Rin »
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

Kimiko

• Producer
  • Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 22, 2016, 10:25:44 am »
scamco just knows how to troll us. scamco worker:"we made everyone think each idol will get a different song but now, got ya b*tch""

@maka
I know how you feel. HANAKANZASHI is also one of my favourite cute songs, along with himitsu no toilette
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 10:27:26 am by Kimiko »

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 22, 2016, 06:02:30 pm »
Alright, just caught up with all the PVs.  I agree, the penlas need more varied movement and even better if they can get them to match the calls. It's like they're all strapped to super bouncy balls or something lol.  As for the faces thing, I just noticed it in Takane's PV.  It actually doesn't bother me as much the more I rewatch it, I guess it's just something we have to used to along with the new designs.  Anyways, hype hype hype!  Bring on the rest of the PVs, lets' gooo!!

ALSO, I don't recall there being any (main) im@s song like this yet, but I've been hearing a lot of these jpop/rock fused with traditional japanese music lately, like this.

I think it's possible. Like I said if they've got the calls to vaguely match the songs well enough that your head can fill in the rest (I'm not sure what sound to describe the repeated yelling as, but it's likely reused for any part they need repeated by the crowd like "motto!" in Happy), it should be possible to get the pen lights to imitate it. Again basic things like if the chant goes "fuwax4" then have the penlights spin in a circle, go up and down twice on "fufu!" or parts like "motto!", an up and down motion for PPPH, something similar to "fufu!" for the alarm before PPPH "haai haai" then four quick bobs for the "haix4", and then the rest would just be matter of adjusting to BPM so it's not wildly bouncing in slow songs. It sounds more complicated than it is as that'd only be a few actions to make it more fitting than it currently is. Oh right and probably a general waving action for whenever a song starts/ends or transitions in a medley. That'd be about 5 or 6 actions in total probably.

It's possible. The OFA DLC songs expanded the genres used a bit with things like Pon de Beach for solos, and 99 Nights for main. (which I find interesting as the guy who composed that song previously did remixes for Aoi Tori and Mythmaker on the Dance to album a few months before that song released)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 06:12:16 pm by Okayu »

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 25, 2016, 10:59:47 am »
...and then the rest would just be matter of adjusting to BPM so it's not wildly bouncing in slow songs.

Ahhh, I completely forgot about the slow songs, since they haven't showed us any yet.  Yeah, it would be a bit off-putting/immersion-breaking if you see all those lights still bouncing around during those ballads. It would great if they could somehow imitate that slow upwards sweeping motion like in performances such as My Song.

Oh! Alright, I thought the penla movements were limited to only bouncing and random waving, but I rewatched the last livestream vid and I noticed during the last line of Happy! you can see a glimpse of that upward scooping motion while the camera pans out and after, there's a slow side to side waving during the outro.  And there's actually that quick forward-back bobbing during the entire verse of Live Kakumei.(looked like bouncing to me the whole time).

It's possible. The OFA DLC songs expanded the genres used a bit with things like Pon de Beach for solos, and 99 Nights for main. (which I find interesting as the guy who composed that song previously did remixes for Aoi Tori and Mythmaker on the Dance to album a few months before that song released)

Let's hope they can keep this momentum going, so looking forward to new main 765 songs again.  And in addition, I'm kinda hoping they(actually, I think you mentioned this already) finally include the MA2 series solo songs.  I always wanted to see a concert version of Haruka performing START!!(this one, so bad) rocking out while lighting up the stage with her positive energy or Chihaya blowing us away with her intense, powerful arcadia or Hibiki showing off her fiery, passionate dancing skills in Trial Dance and the others as well!

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 25, 2016, 10:41:49 pm »
Just a random thought.
Since this'll be the first Idolmaster game I've actually played, I figured I'd try to start with the obligatory SprouT unit. I also came up with a few sequential units, as well as the names, because free time.

I know I got in pretty late, but I'd like to say that I think what everyone has done regarding the project as a whole up til now is really great. I feel I still have a lot to learn compared to a number of others here, but plenty of time to do so. Hence the whole SprouT thing.

Also, I feel like mentioning this will be my first step, finally.

[/blog] ^^;

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 25, 2016, 10:46:32 pm »
Just a random thought.
Since this'll be the first Idolmaster game I've actually played, I figured I'd try to start with the obligatory SprouT unit. I also came up with a few sequential units, as well as the names, because free time.

I know I got in pretty late, but I'd like to say that I think what everyone has done regarding the project as a whole up til now is really great. I feel I still have a lot to learn compared to a number of others here, but plenty of time to do so. Hence the whole SprouT thing.

Also, I feel like mentioning this will be my first step, finally.

[/blog] ^^;

Just so you know if it's carrying over from OFA your unit name will be for all 765 idols, not just a certain group like in imas 2. Congrats on getting your first iM@S game though.

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 25, 2016, 10:53:20 pm »
Just so you know if it's carrying over from OFA your unit name will be for all 765 idols, not just a certain group like in imas 2. Congrats on getting your first iM@S game though.

Oh, really? I never knew that's how it was in OFA. That would be an example of me not knowing much. If they do it that way again, well, you know. And thanks.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 10:57:39 pm by Rin »

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 26, 2016, 05:35:21 am »
Okayu is right in that you'll likely be producing all the idols just like in One For All.

I said this before, but I named my group Nemurihime (after the manga Nemurihime with the unit Chihaya, Miki, and Haruka) in Im@s 2.  And, I still named it Nemurihime as well in One for All. 

In One for All, there are a lot of jobs using a 3 idol team.  Even though you can switch out idols anytime, some people like to use their 3 most favorite ones.  So, even though I named my team Nemurihime in One for All (where I'm producing all idols) my 3 highest level idols were Chihaya, Miki, and Haruka.  So, I guess the name sort of works out if you look at it that way.

But, you can name it however you want.  Usually, once you choose a name in the im@s games, you can't change it unless you start a new game.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 26, 2016, 03:22:54 pm »
What's the cheapest place to buy Platinum Stars so far? I'm a silly Canadian that has to pay silly prices.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 03:33:36 pm by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3