Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pre-release thread: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars  (Read 126357 times)

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
« Reply #510 on: June 12, 2016, 07:31:58 pm »
I think I recall in im@s 2 that there were several communications regarding her backstory such as couple scenes losing her voice, graveyard scene, even the Okayu scene (not you, I meant the food) where she first reveals about her little brother’s passed away. 

Losing her voice more had to do with a throat condition she had however. (which is separate from how the anime and older drama CD that also used this concept which is what you might be thinking of.) It is inspired by a similar real life condition as well. I admit I forgot the graveyard introduction also tends to be a staple, but my point still stands the amount of focus on the topic has reduced throughout the games.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 12, 2016, 10:27:12 pm »
Losing her voice more had to do with a throat condition she had however. (which is separate from how the anime and older drama CD that also used this concept which is what you might be thinking of.)

While it was handled a bit differently in Im@s 2, I think losing her voice was similar to the anime and New Stage drama in that the cause was related to her little brother's accident (so her background story).

In im@s 2, her family doctor states there's no organic cause to her throat condition and likely a psychological cause (which is inferred came from the accident).  In the ending, when she finally loses her voice permanently and is crying on your shoulder, you finally speak with her little brother telling him (I love her!!  I want her to keep singing!).  The next day she's 100% cured with no residual effects.

It was handled a bit differently in Im@s 2 in that it happened for some time (comes and goes) especially in her route, but she kept pushing herself to continue singing.  So, a lot of the dialogue involved struggling with voice loss which was getting worse as time went by because she wanted to keep going.  She also wanted you to abandon her so you can follow your dreams when she loses her voice permanently.  She doesn't want to hold you back since she cares about you and feels she's not useful to you anymore. 

While in the anime it just happened once and she gave up entirely (well I guess to be fair it was larger in scale since it was a news scandal).

Still, I interpret the struggling with voice loss as part of her background story since it stemmed from her past.

(Sorry, for adding in too much details.  This is just for me to refresh my memory.  I forget stuff easily).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 04:40:14 am by mariokirby »

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 13, 2016, 05:11:40 am »
Takane solo character PV posted

http://idolmaster.jp/blog/?p=20804

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqE6McX17YA

Her story this time seems to be focusing on opening up more to others despite her reputation for being mysterious, possibly the other 765 idols since she's in her training gear in the PV.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 05:43:51 am by Okayu »

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 13, 2016, 05:30:18 am »
If that's going to be a main way they reveal more and more songs, then I look forward to them even more.
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 13, 2016, 05:39:17 am »
if EdeN confirmed i guess we can assume Visionary and Vault That Borderline! is too?

Can't wait to see all the other idol's solo trailers.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 13, 2016, 06:30:52 am »
edeN is back and that's all I needed to know.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 13, 2016, 01:34:21 pm »
http://www.lawson.co.jp/campaign/lop_im/

As part of the promotion, there's also items you can purchase - alarm clocks, fans, and of course the game itself, delivered to a Lawson near you.

Of course, since the nearest one is a continent away, you'd have to proxy purchase this, but worse things could be done.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

SideM

• Greenhorn
  • We are PSYCHO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 15, 2016, 05:43:17 am »
Chihaya's solo trailer has been posted, no new song though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhPqRBGiMbg

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #518 on: June 15, 2016, 08:33:36 am »
... Like, Bandai? Namco? It looks great and all, but the pen light motion is too uniform. Add some noise to that system, dang it!

Sorry, pet peeve I didn't even know I had.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 15, 2016, 08:41:17 am »
thanks, SideM

Chihaya sounds great as always.

Looks like I might need a bigger external hard drive to record Chihaya's solo concerts.

Still, hoping for story/communications to be in the game

but the pen light motion is too uniform.

Did you mean they were all moving simultaneously?  Or, did you mean they all had just one movement?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:56:57 am by mariokirby »

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 15, 2016, 08:44:53 am »

Still, hoping for story/communications to be in the game

I don't think it would really be right if they didn't. Plus, what would be left? The planning and lives? How many of us want to play for *only* those?
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 15, 2016, 04:20:22 pm »
As I said before they've been mentioning the stories for each idol in these solo PV, and with this one I can confirm a reoccurring theme (thus far). Which is actually making the story about all the idols as a group, to what degree I'm not certain. In other words this training camp isn't just for staying in shape as an idol, but as people as well if that makes sense. I'm curious if they'll actually have all 13 idols in communications at a time (even if it means zooming out to fit them all or swapping between a couple at a time) or if they'll interact with a few at a time like usual.

Anyways Chihaya's blurb mentions how she kept herself isolated before but the training camp is a trial for her to deal with living together with other people. I think that could be an interesting twist on things depending on how it's done.

Also her line this time is totally to show off all the expressions they can do now, not that I mind. (while Takane's line tied more into her story)

As for the penlights I completely agree. I was expecting it to at least have actions like "fufu!" "fuwax4" to match with the new call system. It just seems like a waste to have all those penlights if you can't control how they move, or at least have it automatically fit the chants as it's not like they're too complicated.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:24:48 pm by Okayu »

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #522 on: June 15, 2016, 04:43:40 pm »
... Like, Bandai? Namco? It looks great and all, but the pen light motion is too uniform. Add some noise to that system, dang it!

Sorry, pet peeve I didn't even know I had.

Same

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 15, 2016, 06:22:15 pm »
Regarding the penlights, I like how there are a few random ones mixed in just like in real life, but the completely uniform bouncing is a turn off, I agree.

I like that they exist though. The camera work seems much more polished in this game in general too.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 15, 2016, 07:24:23 pm »
I don't think it would really be right if they didn't. Plus, what would be left? The planning and lives? How many of us want to play for *only* those?

I guess since we haven't seen much dialogue that I was a little worried that communications may not be as much as in the previous games.  Of course, the only way to tell for sure is by actually playing the game.  I know I didn't word my post very well.  For sure, there will be some story/communications, but I'm not sure to what extent it will be.  Then again, there could be additional DLC communication/story to add in everything that was missing from the base game if that was the case.  I don't know.

Maybe, I'm just being impatient.

As I said before they've been mentioning the stories for each idol in these solo PV, and with this one I can confirm a reoccurring theme (thus far). Which is actually making the story about all the idols as a group, to what degree I'm not certain. In other words this training camp isn't just for staying in shape as an idol, but as people as well if that makes sense.

Ah, I see.  Thank you very much, Okayu.  I think that's a good observation.  So, I guess the theme is about improving themselves as individuals and learning to interact with people (generally speaking) and trying to get along and bond with others (actually that might make sense considering how training camp in anime serves that purpose).  I guess the producer is supposed to be the medium to pull the idols together by personally giving them advice.  As long as there is bonding between you and the idol, then it's all good.  I like Chihaya's personal relationships with you (ex she loves you towards the ending).

I'm curious if they'll actually have all 13 idols in communications at a time (even if it means zooming out to fit them all or swapping between a couple at a time) or if they'll interact with a few at a time like usual.

I guess sort of similar to the group DLC from One for All.

Anyways Chihaya's blurb mentions how she kept herself isolated before but the training camp is a trial for her to deal with living together with other people. I think that could be an interesting twist on things depending on how it's done.

That would be interesting to see.  I wonder how it will be done?  Maybe (as you mentioned), living with people will be a training test to see how well she can open up herself to others. 

In addition, maybe consoling her about her past (which is likely making her feel isolated) will allow her to feel comfortably to bond with the other idols.  And, feel comfortably to interact with normal people. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:16:15 pm by mariokirby »