Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pre-release thread: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars  (Read 135229 times)

darkthunder

• Apprentice
  • STRICTLY A NORMAL HUMAN
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
« Reply #465 on: May 12, 2016, 06:21:39 am »
Finally local store open preorder for asia version.Save my money from importing.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:55:10 am by darkthunder »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 19, 2016, 05:00:14 pm »
New trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeWfe0jjU9s

It shows a new song and an all star version of Happy

meichan111

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 19, 2016, 06:29:52 pm »
seems better and better. The new song is really great so just another plus, i like the idea we can level up the outfits to make them better and damn that new song is amazing. The all star lives seem to be very improved with each having their own motion instead of some having the same as 3-4 others, that dice mini-game is pretty random so might take a few time to get used to just hope it won't be too much >3<, if they just have made the live play rhythem that easy it's a downgrade indeed hope they add boost's or something to keep it up

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 19, 2016, 06:35:53 pm »
man it starting to look really awesome. Love the new song and some of the feature looks really good. I wonder if the All-Star is customizable this time. Would be great. What got me though is the slow-mo Burst. Seems like a small thing but i like it.

meichan111

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 19, 2016, 06:42:11 pm »
yeah that burst looks really well, hope we can customize the all star live too it would be awesomeeee. Oh yeah those two theme's are they for the limited edition or will they come out later? just wanna be sure i don't miss anything even if i'm getting limited edition xD
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 06:47:24 pm by meichan111 »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 19, 2016, 07:35:59 pm »
that smile at the end of Yukiho's burst... i really captures her personality

Accoun

• View Profile

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 19, 2016, 08:00:40 pm »
There's also a new article going into length about all the new announcements.

And there's finally some clarification on that dice minigame since it's apparently referred to as a business/sales event to get fans and money. And there's lessons now, too! Now I just want a confirmation on regular old commus and I'll be golden.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 19, 2016, 08:12:52 pm »
Just watched the PV.  I didn’t watch the stream, but thank you to those that did and shared the information with us.

But, yeah.  As I said before the game looks pretty good overall.  Seems like there are memory appeals and burst appeals like in the previous games.  As you guys already mentioned in the past, the concerts look really nice and detailed with shadows and hair/clothes movement.  As yukibro mentioned the lessons are back now, and the dice minigame is just a small thing to get fans/money.  So, nothing to do with communications.  Thought, I saw a visual lesson.

I’m a little disappointed they still haven’t revealed much on communications except for a few lines of dialogue.  Maybe, they’re trying to avoid spoilers.  Or, maybe communications are going be nerfed this time around.  God, I hope not.  In my opinion, the communications/relationship bonding are just as important as the concerts.  But, we’ll see.

So, they announced a Producer meeting next year in January?  I’m not sure why they’re waiting several months after Platinum Stars gets released to hold this meeting.  Seems more appropriate to say something now since the upcoming game is coming out and things are hyped right now for im@s.

One of my friends mentioned the meeting title was “THE IDOLM@STER PRODUCER MEETING 2017 765PRO ALLSTARS -Fun to the new vision!!- “
This could be interpreted in so many ways.  I don’t know what they mean by new vision.  I’m doubtful that means vision 3 because with Vision 2 they announced several months before the upcoming game, Idolm@ster 2, not after.  Doesn’t make much sense to announce a vision 3 several months after Platinum Stars.  It’s got to mean something else, but just not what we’re used to seeing.  (Besides, they didn’t do vision 3 with Platinum Stars due to several reasons despite people predicting it).

My prediction is that it’s going to be a new project or something.  But, I have no idea.  Maybe, they’ll make ML permanent with the main 765pro?   I don’t know.  Just seems dumb that we’ll have to wait that long to find out what this meeting is all about.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 08:52:23 pm by mariokirby »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 19, 2016, 09:18:58 pm »
It might as well be to launch 3rd vision, i think Platinum Stars is still 2nd vision.

I'm a bit disappointed though, from what i heard is that the announcement for the producer meeting 2017 was preceded by the question "when is the next live?" If that's true that will mean there is no 11th, and no 765 pro live at all in 2016. That's quite a bummer after i got addicted to the lives at 10th... And it would be a first too, afaik so far there was at least one live every single year.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 19, 2016, 09:45:13 pm »
It might as well be to launch 3rd vision, i think Platinum Stars is still 2nd vision.

Platinum Stars is still 2nd vision.  But, I'm not convinced this meeting necessarily means that this supposedly new vision from the title will be something drastic that we have in mind from 2nd vision (idols aging, new members, etc)   Because, what about ML?  They are the "future" of 765pro.  I would think ML would have to change too (like aging) to make it consistent with 765pro.  Otherwise, there would be a time paradox.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:49:24 pm by mariokirby »

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 20, 2016, 02:29:58 am »
Here's an upload of the gameplay from today's stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc749vjBb4Y

The medley was a bit shorter than I expected, but if we're able to export video and audio properly I could see some Ps making some longer ones through editing.

I like how they talk more during the lives now, and I'm still curious to see how solo lives will look outside of still images.

They also comment how the pre live scenery looks similar to the in real life 9th anniversary live back stage.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 02:31:54 am by Okayu »

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 20, 2016, 03:42:42 am »
Thanks, Okayu.

I think you're right in that they talk a bit more before the lives start. 

(Still, waiting for character development/relationship scenes).

From the gameplay, it seems there are specific notes where you can perform the memory (button specific note) and Burst (star note).  Meaning you won't be able to perform them anytime you want like in the previous games (assuming full voltage for bursts).

« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 06:41:43 am by mariokirby »

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 20, 2016, 04:33:11 am »
I wasn't wowed with the graphics until seeing them in high def! They're really pretty.

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 20, 2016, 05:41:15 pm »
So, any info on how the idol selection will go yet? As in, how many we'll be able to produce at once/how many can make up a unit at any time.

Waiting for the fabled 4-member unit.
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.