Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pre-release thread: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars  (Read 141643 times)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
« Reply #405 on: April 25, 2016, 02:24:59 am »
playAsia is quite expensive though, or at least they used to be.

That's true.  Play-asia is generally a bit more expensive.  That's why I usually use Amazon JP to order stuff and have tenso ship it for me.  Of course, I would have to wait longer since tenso is acting as the middle man.

Amiami is a good alternative.  I've used it before too.  They have good preorder prices.  But, one thing to keep in mind is that they're pretty strict about canceling preorders.

I'm wondering if I should maybe just wait for a couple months after the game comes out and see if a copy gets listed on Ebay?

Not sure if I understood this correctly, but are you trying to look for a specific Store exclusive bonus or are you just trying to buy the limited edition?  Because limited/regular editions can be found on English import sites like amiami.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:37:09 am by mariokirby »

derezzed

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 25, 2016, 04:02:10 am »
Okay, so I guess I am seriously looking at getting a PS4 and importing this.* About the limited edition stuff, it'd be nice naturally, but having seen the page they're being sold on, I don't think I'd know how to navigate it very well. I also don't have a really safe place to store any of it after it would arrive. That's not to say it shouldn't be worth it to anyone, there's definitely some awesome stuff, I'm just not sure if it'd be worth it for me to work out how to scoop some up with the effort.

Please forgive me.

I'm wondering if I should maybe just wait for a couple months after the game comes out and see if a copy gets listed on Ebay? Or do people frown upon that? I've purchased a few other iM@S things from Ebay listings that came just fine. I feel like I should probably get a copy from a Japanese site anyway. :-\

*Though my kanji comprehension is a little embarrassing, I won't let it deter me.

I would defo suggest amiami :) easier to navigate and is generally good on price. waiting for ebay is fine too, just takes longer!

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 25, 2016, 04:21:34 am »
Generally amounts to if there's anything in the special store preorders you really, really want if you want to order from a specific store.

If not, Amiami is your best bet if you want any preorder at all (You can just tell them to ship straight to you) although if you just want the game, you can just get a whole stack of PSN credit (it's what 8000 yen? I've honestly no idea) and just buy a download copy. You'll also get a PS4 theme for all your trouble. There's plenty of places which can sell you PSN credit near immediately.

It'd probably run faster in any case, and you don't have to worry about pesky shipping, and to boot, you'll get the game the moment it releases (barring your download time of course)

If you want the LE (of any kind) it's probably Amiami, unless you live in the Asia or Oceania regions, since I know the posting prices from Play-Asia tend to be cheaper (since they're based in Hong Kong)
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

darkthunder

• Apprentice
  • STRICTLY A NORMAL HUMAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 25, 2016, 05:03:08 am »
Generally amounts to if there's anything in the special store preorders you really, really want if you want to order from a specific store.

If not, Amiami is your best bet if you want any preorder at all (You can just tell them to ship straight to you) although if you just want the game, you can just get a whole stack of PSN credit (it's what 8000 yen? I've honestly no idea) and just buy a download copy. You'll also get a PS4 theme for all your trouble. There's plenty of places which can sell you PSN credit near immediately.

It'd probably run faster in any case, and you don't have to worry about pesky shipping, and to boot, you'll get the game the moment it releases (barring your download time of course)

If you want the LE (of any kind) it's probably Amiami, unless you live in the Asia or Oceania regions, since I know the posting prices from Play-Asia tend to be cheaper (since they're based in Hong Kong)
better buy it from cdjapan or amiami even if you are in asia region because play asia price plus shipping is more expensive than buying direct from japan.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 05:53:49 am by darkthunder »

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 25, 2016, 05:22:34 am »
Setsuna's post reminded me about the DLC and PSN cards.

I usually buy the 10000 Yen PSN card from play-asia since they have a digital version and can send you the code within a few minutes to an hour.

There might be better places, but just giving a suggestion.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 25, 2016, 06:05:03 am »
better buy it from cdjapan or amiami even if you are in asia region because play asia price plus shipping is more expensive than buying direct from japan.

Depends actually. If you're sending via insured methods (courier level), EMS is more expensive than the likes of FedEx etc, at least if you're sending to say Singapore, Australia or New Zealand. (If you're going further on, then the prices tend to normalise, but you're looking at roughly 10% difference)

Most Japanese prices listed don't include the shipping cost, at least at EMS level (Which is the most common insured level)

EMS is reliable, certainly, but it's also a fair bit more expensive for those areas (for reasons unknown), and IF you require insurance (I've invoked it a few times) you'll want to look at that.

Now if you're sending via uninsured (regular) parcel, then that's another story - generally the prices are much flatter.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 26, 2016, 02:00:58 am »
Not sure if I understood this correctly, but are you trying to look for a specific Store exclusive bonus or are you just trying to buy the limited edition?  Because limited/regular editions can be found on English import sites like amiami.

By that, I meant just the plain game without anything additional. Chances are I may end up just getting a copy of it without anything special, so I was wondering if there was a better site to get it from but you, derezzed, and Setsuna already answered.

So, thanks to the three of you.
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 26, 2016, 05:42:56 am »
By that, I meant just the plain game without anything additional.

Oh, okay.  Sorry, if I misunderstood.  But, I'll be on the same boat as you.

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 29, 2016, 12:03:30 pm »
I personally perfer Amiami. However that mostly due to how expensive Play-asia can be due to shipping cost.

Just my personal perference, amiami always has some kind of discount and shipping generally rounds to 1-2k yen. Playasia is generally full price for the stuff i order + 30$ shipping cost + 40+$ custom tax.
If I got Imas:Plat Star thru Playasia, im basicly asking myself to pay double, and the double is on the shipping itself.

Oh the side note. Therea new PV out featuring the full game version if Happy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVEZybYNAkQ&feature=share

I really like the extra touch they put at the end of the song.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 29, 2016, 12:49:48 pm »
First i thought "why do they just show Yayoi, Ritsuko and Miki in this PV?" then i realized that currently the choukaigi is running, basically an event to welcome the seiyuu of these 3 back from their baby break, and then i thought "aaawwww, welcome back!"

Edit: I didn't notice until now that the audience is making calls. Makes the lives even more authentic, and it's a good chance to practice calls for the next live ;)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:08:01 pm by Naryoril »

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 29, 2016, 04:10:35 pm »
There's also an actual gameplay video (for Kiramekirari) from whatever stream. I don't think it was mentioned here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quf6lRh6IDE

It ends on a shot of Chihaya, but I don't see a video to continue from that moment. :-(

darkthunder

• Apprentice
  • STRICTLY A NORMAL HUMAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 29, 2016, 04:33:51 pm »
It ends on a shot of Chihaya, but I don't see a video to continue from that moment. :-(
Actually the video did end at chihaya shot even during the live broadcast.

derezzed

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 29, 2016, 06:48:16 pm »
Oh the side note. Therea new PV out featuring the full game version if Happy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVEZybYNAkQ&feature=share

I know its PS4 but I can't get over how good they can make this look

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 29, 2016, 08:07:42 pm »
I just watched the PV’s.  The overall game looks good like the graphics, songs, outfits, etc.  I noticed they bow and say thank you at the end of a song instead of waving like in the previous games. 

This is just my opinion, but I hope there’s an option to turn off the calls during the songs.  I just like to focus on hearing the idols sing.

My only concern is what about the relationship mechanic?  I know it’s too early to make assumptions, but I’m kind of worried this might be nerfed compared to previous games.  Because in previous games, you could go out with the idols to different places like the mall, stores, park, restaurants, graveyard, etc. 

However, it seems here that the casual outfit is the camp training wear, so it would be awkward for them to wear this while going out in public.  Which means, communications might only take place in the camp training ground (basically the “office”) or stages (when wearing stage outfits).   Like I said, it’s too early to make assumptions, but it’s something that I was thinking about.  (Because the producer's close relationship helped the idols with their character development).

Also, they did a little Chihaya/Haruka shipping tease during the “office” scene where all the idols are walking out of the camp building (I guess to go jogging) and Haruka suddenly holds Chihaya’s hand to which the crowd started cheering loudly.  It makes me wonder if they decide to do the Anime/Movie route (instead of the games) where the producer just acts as a supporter (so no significant relationship) while the idols are mostly by themselves.  Of course, we won’t know until we start playing the game.  But, just thinking about stuff. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:36:05 pm by mariokirby »

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #419 on: April 29, 2016, 08:33:14 pm »
Shadows. Glorious shadows. You can see them with uneven colors when a spotlight goes over them, too.

Also noticed the chain on their hip moving around, and the skirts deforming when they leaned forward to the shape of their legs. Not sure if the second has ever been done before.

Penla movement in the crowds is too uniform, though.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 08:36:16 pm by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e