Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pre-release thread: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars  (Read 174166 times)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
« Reply #285 on: January 29, 2016, 03:24:50 am »
So long as there's swimsuits I'll shut up about any of my reservations. :P

No worries, the previous games had swimsuits.  Plus, the theme of this game is training camp.  As with any camp in most anime, there's always swimming at a nearby lake.  So, swimsuits are pretty much a guarantee.  There also might be hot spring (onsen) scenes too as well.

And, with that there will probably be your typical "Producer is a pervert" scene.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 29, 2016, 06:54:17 am »
Ahhh, the PV is so glorious!!  Thank you!  *wipes away tears of joy*  I'm genuinely excited for this now.  ;D

@ Chihayaa - Oh man, I really hope so!  Now would be a better time for that to happen than ever imo.

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 29, 2016, 07:00:40 am »
You're a miracle worker, Nakiame. What's your recording setup, anyway?
Tnx.
This time round it's not "recording", it's direct stream copy done with kakurokuRecorder (small program wich allows to download timeshifted broadcasts from niconico).

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 29, 2016, 03:53:00 pm »
Intriguing, so thanks for the share. I could do a lot with something like that.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

meichan111

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 31, 2016, 12:58:56 pm »
from what i saw in the movie there is alot to do in the training camp so there must be alot to choose from

Clear Blue

• Producer
  • Omigosh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 02, 2016, 09:19:14 am »
Taipei Game Show 2016 has an announcement...

They're finally announcing an Official Traditional Chinese version for Platinum Stars! That means a possibility for  English subtitles. It's the first in iM@S history! Rejoice for all the Taiwanese/Hong Kong fans everywhere!

Link to announcement. (It's in Chinese though. I might need to translate that later.)
Official Chinese Trailer is here!

EDIT: Platinum Stars Chinese trailer added!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 11:44:25 am by Clear Blue »
"My name's Amagase Touma, A-ma-ga-se To-u-ma, got it?" - Amagase Touma

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 02, 2016, 12:11:59 pm »
Taipei Game Show 2016 has an announcement...

They're finally announcing an Official Traditional Chinese version for Platinum Stars! That means a possibility for  English subtitles. It's the first in iM@S history! Rejoice for all the Taiwanese/Hong Kong fans everywhere!

Link to announcement. (It's in Chinese though. I might need to translate that later.)
Official Chinese Trailer is here!

EDIT: Platinum Stars Chinese trailer added!

Well, imas2 and ofa were released in Asia region as well...

Clear Blue

• Producer
  • Omigosh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 02, 2016, 07:54:02 pm »
Well, imas2 and ofa were released in Asia region as well...
But it never came in a different language (Aside from Shiny Festa which had an English version)

And never have I heard it released with official Chinese subtitles. So, this counts as first.
"My name's Amagase Touma, A-ma-ga-se To-u-ma, got it?" - Amagase Touma

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 02, 2016, 09:30:49 pm »
But it never came in a different language (Aside from Shiny Festa which had an English version)

And never have I heard it released with official Chinese subtitles. So, this counts as first.
Oh, i kinda missed the point of it being translated to chinese. Then yeah, the chance for english rises as well.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 03, 2016, 03:28:34 pm »
Oh, i kinda missed the point of it being translated to chinese. Then yeah, the chance for english rises as well.
I'm not so sure if they'll do English this time. Asia is one thing, but the west is another. Korea has translations of mobage, but that doesn't mean we have an English version.

There's been issues of western backlash to certain titles and censorship lately and it might be considered too risky. They wouldn't want bad PR about pai touching after all.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 03, 2016, 06:42:54 pm »
There's been issues of western backlash to certain titles and censorship lately and it might be considered too risky. They wouldn't want bad PR about pai touching after all.

Pretty much this.

It maybe possible (though less likely) for English subtitles to appear in the Asian version since there are a few games like that.  But, a western release is pretty much out of the question due to censorship and niche market.

Remember, the genre of the main game is an idol raising simulator.  You are a producer (likely a grown man) who "raises" underage girls to become top idols.  There is a lot of red flags here.

The Shiny Festa iOS was censored (ex. certain outfits like bathing suits were removed), and that was a strict rhythm game.  So, you could imagine how much more censoring they will do for a main game title.  For example, some things that might be censored are costumes (like bikinis/bathing suits), touch scenes (you can even touch their breasts which at few times makes a perfect communication), certain dialogue, etc.

All that stuff that could potentially be censored was there since im@s 1, so for them to take that away just for western release is totally unacceptable to me.  Especially, since this is a franchise I'm passionate about.  I don't want any changes due to cultural differences.  I want to play the game the same way as the JP im@s fan played it.

I know, there are a few niche JP games that got release to the west.  I would argue some of those are more mainstream genre like fighters or RPGs.  Also, some games that get western release like PS4 Senran Kagura are rated M.  So, im@s doesn't fit in those examples. 

Plus, Namco is a big company.  They have a reputation in the West for making mainstream games like Tekken, Soul Calibur, Tales series, etc.  They likely don't want to risk negative publicity by releasing im@s in the West.  Other companies don't have this problem since they're so small, and their entire business is built on localizing niche games.  So, they don't give a care what anyone says to them.

Also, I think some people misunderstand the genre the main titles are categorize.  This is not mainstream genre like fighting games, action, or RPGs.  As I mentioned before, this is an idol raising simulator, so it's a niche market.

Yes, there's a rhythm mechanic, but that's a small part of the main game.  The big part is raising idols via management and establishing relationships with them.  Plus, spending hundreds of dollars of DLC to obtain costumes, accessories, songs/dances, and story.  So, basically a niche market.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 03:42:10 am by mariokirby »

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 03, 2016, 06:44:47 pm »
I'm not so sure if they'll do English this time. Asia is one thing, but the west is another. Korea has translations of mobage, but that doesn't mean we have an English version.

Well, nobody said it had to be officially localized for Western countries either and I honestly don't want to see it happen; some Asian versions of games have had English subtitles, the SAO games being one of them. Quality of the subtitles themselves might be in question, but it's still a step or two above no translation at all.

Edit: They could release iM@S as a mature-or-equivalent, but the sheer existence of Yayoi and the Futamis... (Iori has a childlike body but you might be able to pass her as older via personality, can't do that with Yayoi/Futami)... ultimately, though, I don't think I'd want to see it come over officially after Shiny Festa and knowing how much backlash has occured with things like Fire Emblem. And Fire Emblem is a Nintendo flagship. The amount of censorship iM@S would undergo would change the game considerably on a gameplay level, whether or not you support or don't support the subject matter itself, and that is a huge red flag for me no matter what.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:53:46 pm by Virgofall »

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 03, 2016, 07:15:34 pm »
ultimately, though, I don't think I'd want to see it come over officially after Shiny Festa and knowing how much backlash has occured with things like Fire Emblem. And Fire Emblem is a Nintendo flagship. The amount of censorship iM@S would undergo would change the game considerably on a gameplay level, whether or not you support or don't support the subject matter itself, and that is a huge red flag for me no matter what.

I pretty much feel the same way too.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 03, 2016, 08:02:12 pm »
i don't think the censorship thing would be as drastic as you think. Yes, bikinis and bath suits would probably be removed, but i can live with that.
And about the touch scenes: actually touching their breasts is always considered the wrong answer and will be reprimanded by the girls. The few instances where it is the right answer, it isn't so much as touching their breasts, but pointing at their heart. But even so, the could just make touching the chest area not register, as if you were touching the space left or right of their head.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 03, 2016, 08:20:13 pm »
The thing with FE is that the touching thing was pretty creepy in he first place. Plus many of the people you can rub are semi-related to you... I know the touching even being included was chided by hardcore FE fans as being something way too creepy and fanservicey to put in a traditionally serious SRPG. The rubbing generated a ton of controversy in the US before it was even released stateside because Fire Emblem is a popular, influential title. Idolmaster isn't.

im one of the rare people who was glad it was taken out lol. kissing and rubbing my siblings? I'd... Rather not.

If Senran Kagura can make it over idolmaster can with little to no cuts. And even if some outfits are cut I'm fine with that.