Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pre-release thread: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars  (Read 141594 times)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2016, 01:57:32 am »
It seemed, based off what people had said about the teaser at the 10th Live, that all backgrounds would be 3D, but it's clear from the multiple communication screenshots that there are still plenty of 2D backgrounds.

That's what I was thinking.  They're still prerendered backgrounds in the communications.  Perhaps, interactions in the camp building will still be 3D kind of like the office scenes in OFA.

The on-stage gameplay is basically similar to Shiny Festa from the looks of that one single screenshot. More needs to be seen in order to say if it truly is just Shiny Festa. If so, I have no problems with it, but I recognize that not many people like that game, so I'm also hoping it can differentiate itself from SF. 

Hmm...I was thinking in more terms of Hatsune Miku where you have button specific notes you have to press.  Like circle, triangle, square.  But, it makes sense to compare it to Shiny Festa.  Sorry, for speculating, but I think there's probably more stuff than just rhythm like voltage/memory or points increase from stat corresponding buttons. 

they might have addressed a shortcoming she didn't like in previous games, and that's actual unique builds for each idol's bodies. It might be a stretch,

I could be wrong, but was that problem just for the concert models and not the in-game models?  Don't remember the previous im@s games but based on OFA, Chihaya's body looks different from her in-game model when compared to her concert model.  So, I think the concert models looked the same for the idols in previous im@s games due to technical limitations?

But, I would be happy if they're able to give each idol their unique body (assuming concert models are the issue here).  Because it's weird viewing a concert and Chihaya's and Miki's chest size look similar.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:17:21 am by mariokirby »

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2016, 02:19:05 am »
Regarding the body types, at least they've come a long way from 360 when Azusa and Chihaya looked nearly identical below the neck aside from height. OFA is pretty good with differentiation but it pretty much comes down to chest differences, so I'd like to see some actual unique body types???

I think the variable tune thing might have to do with /how/ lines are sung? Like maybe you can go "sing this line cutely". But that seems like a lot of work to record.

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2016, 02:26:52 am »
Everyone looks beautiful!

I'm hoping the line cuing from L4U comes back. I've missed it so much.

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2016, 04:17:08 am »
I don't know why, but I'm getting a bit of a Dream C Club vibe from that new Ohime-chin model.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 27, 2016, 04:39:31 am »
So um I wonder how Berserk is doing right now. XDD

I'm in the middle of watching JoJo atm so the title made me chuckle a little.  ;D

Wow!  Haruka looks so freaking gorgeous!!(in the close up at least)  Visuals looking pretty neat so far.  Giving off some 1st vision vibes here.  So... where's long-hair Azusa??  Also I have to agree that the colors and vividness look toned down a bit.  I'm hoping it's just poor lighting or quality of the scans or what.  We'll just have to wait for that stream I guess for a better look at the others.  They still have plenty of time to polish it up.

As for this "Variable Tunes" I'm hoping it's a gameplay mechanic that has something to do with their voices.  Maybe like depending on how well you hit the notes will affect how well they sing(ex: if you miss too many notes they'll start to stumble or mess up on some of their lines), if they're going for a rhythm game approach.  Or maybe their actual singing ability will be dependent on certain stats like vocal(ex: Yukiho starts off in the beginning singing quietly/Hibiki singing too fast/Haruka singing off-key and as they "level up" they'll start improving).  That way, we can get to experience the idols' growth onstage as well. XD
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:44:35 am by Nayre »

SideM

• Greenhorn
  • We are PSYCHO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 27, 2016, 05:44:32 am »
Maybe Variable Tunes has something to do with harmonies??? To my knowledge at least, all the ingame songs were sung in unison instead of harmony so maybe it allows for different kinds of notes with minimal recording

suzushinayuriko

• Witness my true power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 27, 2016, 07:01:59 am »
I don't know why, but I'm getting a bit of a Dream C Club vibe from that new Ohime-chin model.

Maybe it's because of the shading? Dream Club Gogo's character models were really well done (example), but Platinum Stars is looking like it'll give Gogo a run for its money.

I'm so excited! I hope songs that couldn't be in 2 or OFA (Aoi Tori...) will make it in.

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
    • Check me out on Tumblr!
« Reply #217 on: January 27, 2016, 07:28:07 am »
Man, I haven't been on here in YEARS since iM@S 2...but the time to buy a PS4 has come. Everything looks so beautiful, and it feels good to be excited about iM@S again.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 27, 2016, 03:48:10 pm »
I just checked the exact time of the live stream, and i can't watch it live since i'm in the middle of work then, damn
Oh well, i'll need to watch the timeshift when i'm back home, but i guess you guys will have gone crazy here by then.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 27, 2016, 04:20:01 pm »
New article, 1 new image included.
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201601/28098038.html

New logo
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:04:57 pm by Okayu »

Kimiko

• Producer
  • Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 27, 2016, 04:25:32 pm »
... okay I liked the old hibiki more, this one, I don't now, it just looks so strange to me

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2016, 05:10:54 pm »
I'm a little nervous because we haven't seen unique Cute or Cool costumes yet, everyone's had the same. If they abolish having different outfits for each idol I'll be... Shocked??? Because why???

EDIT: apparently Japanese fans are saying that the new Hibiki model looks too much like Manami Numakura lol
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:13:55 pm by Maka »

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2016, 05:17:26 pm »
Here are high-quality scans of the Famitsu magazine article.
http://imgur.com/a/cNPJu
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 27, 2016, 05:35:23 pm »
Here are high-quality scans of the Famitsu magazine article.
http://imgur.com/a/cNPJu
Thanks. That sea of red glow sticks man.

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 27, 2016, 05:49:48 pm »
Looks like READY!! is in this game.

Also, drop shadows don't look the "X"s anymore.