Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pre-release thread: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars  (Read 135183 times)

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER PS4
« Reply #195 on: January 26, 2016, 06:17:39 pm »
I'd rather have a slightly derpy style than a super realistic style where it's basically entirely lifelike except for the eyes. Like DOA5 freaks me the hell out.

You're supposed to gawk at the eyes on their chest, silly. :P
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

SideM

• Greenhorn
  • We are PSYCHO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 26, 2016, 06:17:55 pm »
I love the art style, it looks really similar to First Vision to me.

I hope I get to make this my first ever im@s game!!! ;D

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 26, 2016, 06:50:21 pm »
anyone can translate me what this article scan says about cinderella, million and side M? it's in the middle of the last picture
Nothing important, something like:
"Of course we put effort in ML, CG and SideM too! One of our plans is Million Live country tour wich starts in nagoya on January 31th and i want it to be successful."

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 26, 2016, 06:53:41 pm »
Also didn't someone who was at the tenth live say they were all in a house or something??? That's probably the camp, right?

The house in the trailer at 10th looked pretty much exactly like the house from the training camp in the movie, so yes, i'm pretty sure it is the camp.

Yukibro

• View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
« Reply #199 on: January 26, 2016, 07:47:59 pm »
I'm going to wait on seeing the models in motion to make a final impression, but I'm liking the designs and style so far. Like others have said, there's a color and design aesthetic going on here that's very similar to the designs used in 1st Vision. The new concert mechanics look interesting, too, much more like a rhythm game than the method used in 2/OFA. In fact, there are a bunch of OFA comparisons to be made here. I haven't seen anything about idol stats yet, but the idea of being in one 3D area (ie. the training camp) with that list of options is very much like OFA. I'm not even too adverse to the whole "Producer lives with them" idea since the camp is still a 765 facility. I just wonder where it is location-wise and if commus will be restricted to that area.

Anything else I could say... I'd rather just wait for the stream. This was enough to whet my appetite, at least.

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #200 on: January 26, 2016, 07:52:39 pm »

The arms are more detailed, but I thought I saw the upper arm/shoulder area a little defined in OFA. Not as much as this, though. I think the lighting helps show it off in... oh wait, Im@s PS. Ha. Hahah.

Not sure I saw collarbones too much in OFA, though. These and the arms were the first two things that popped out to me, aside from postprocess shading.

Last thing is the pendant physics. I... don't think they swing completely realistically, bit it's hard to tell with a screenshot. The most I can see is that the necklace isn't far from her, so it could be stuck around a small area in front of her neck and not sway far from it. Also, did the glitter on outfits shine like that before, with individual spots shining more than others?

... Could be that light direction is used more in shading than before.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 08:13:57 pm by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Nagi

• Apprentice
  • #1 Dearly StarsP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2016, 08:53:07 pm »
More scans

That pink dresses... I can't be the only one who is feeling a "876PRO★Cute Ai" vibes when I look at it.

About the style, like I said, I really really love it. It's true that in some images they look derpy, but it doesn't really bother me so much. Maybe they got the screencaps with wrong timing ww
I love how they tried to imitate Annin Doufu's style somehow (I'm a real fan of her works, CG cards > ML! cards imo)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2016, 09:31:26 pm »
Looks like I'm the last one to come to the party.  The story of my life.

Everything seems to look pretty good.  I like the character models and all.  I need to start saving some money.  Look forward to playing this.

...Platinum Stars? At least if I'm to believe the katakana...

Seems like a good name.  Platinum medals are higher than gold medals.  So, I guess this illustrates how superb the 765 idols are.

・You can control the movement of at maximum 50,000 penlights in the audience

I'm trying to visualize how that will work.  I'm predicting you can zoom out the camera during certain performances to see the audiences waving their penlights.  But, 50,000 does sound a lot.

seems to be more towards a real rhythm game, look at the cut off screenshot above ami and mami.
Looks like the game is now a full rhythm game, that's the new mechanic.~

Well, it seems to borrow some things from Hastune Miku games.  From the picture, it looks like the buttons are flowing towards the target instead of having a contant tempo like in im@s2/OFA.

However, I see some kind of meter at the bottom right.  Could that be a voltage meter?  In that case, it won't be strictly rhythm game as there will be elements of voltage and maybe memory?

Yes, I know I'm speculating, but I'm thinking the circle button could represent Vocal that adds to your score.  And, Triangle for Visual, and square for Dance.  So, Vocal songs have more circle buttons to press.  And, Visual songs have more triangle buttons to press, etc.

Also, this game is set in a parallel universe, where the idols are still not famous (tl;dr a reboot)

Like Metalpredat0r said, every main game had the idols start over and become rookies.

I'm slightly disappointed that it's Second Vision again, but I won't let it deter from everything else. I just wanted Makoto with long hair is all. :P

I mentioned awhile back here that they probably won't do a vision 3.  I also was chatting with a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago about why I didn't think they would do a vision 3.  To sum it up, here were my major points.

1.  If the idols age again, then some of them won't be in high school anymore.  (Ex. Haruka).  First, some idols would lose some character appeal since they won't have the struggle to balance school and work.  And, fans are used to Haruka being a high school girl.  Now, you may argue they could go to college.  But, as you seen with anime, people prefer to see high school rather college.   Yes, I'm aware that some idols are past high school like Azusa, Ritsuko, and Takane.  But, I was just giving an example to the other idols who probably won't be in high school if they age like Haruka.

2. The ML universe is based on 2nd vision.  And, the appeal here is that the ML represent "The future of 765".  So, how can ML be the future if the current time line takes place where 765pro idols are older than their future ML timeline?  Sounds like a time paradox.  They could have the ML age to catch up, but why would they do that since ML just started.

3.  Yes, they trademark vision 3 in 2013.  But, not all trademarks make it passed the table.  It's not uncommon for companies to change their mind down the road.

The only thing that actually concerns me is the plot. Producer living with the 765 idols and bonding with them there is giving me nothing but BRE@K vibes and I hope to God that they don't take that route.

Yeah, it does sound like Bre@k manga to me, so that is a little worrisome.

Personally, I would be fine if the producer was young, cool, athletic, doesn't say stupid things, and is very reliable for the idols.  But, that's just my personal preference.

Btw, I also found this screenshot of a commu.
http://imgur.com/HpY2xG8

Isn't that a prerendered background?  I thought they mentioned they aren't going to do that, and instead make it fully 3D or something?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:15:28 pm by mariokirby »

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2016, 09:36:01 pm »
Personally, I would be fine if the producer was young, cool, athletic, doesn't say stupid things, and is very reliable for the idols.  But, that's just my personal preference.

Granted, this is a main series game so you can make the Producer the way you want him to be. Heck, you are the Producer, right? :P

Isn't that a prerendered background?  I thought they mentioned they aren't going to do that, and instead make it fully 3D or something?

It's hard to tell with a screenshot. It's best to wait for the livestream to show some footage.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2016, 10:02:36 pm »
Granted, this is a main series game so you can make the Producer the way you want him to be. Heck, you are the Producer, right? :P

Hmm...not really, but that's my opinion.  I mean, at most what you could do is make choices during communications, and get certain reactions from the idols.  But, everything else is up to the writer how he/she wants to portray the producer.  Basically, like a generic visual novel protagonist.  Sometimes, the producer has good points, but other times the producer has dumb points (and you can't control that).  Of course, the game is about the idols, not the Producer.  So, the producer is not really the focus here.  (But, it would be interesting if I could make the producer that way I would like for him to be).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:17:34 pm by mariokirby »

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 26, 2016, 10:05:37 pm »
You're supposed to gawk at the eyes on their chest, silly. :P
That's completely true lol, the face is not the important part in that game. they still look like mannequins or, uh, "dolls" though

I knew "Platinum Stars" sounded familiar, and I remembered that ML did an entire multi-month (actually closer to a year iirc) "Platinum Star Live" arc. Huh. You'd think they wouldn't reuse that name.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 26, 2016, 10:14:03 pm »
I'm interested in what that variable tune tech is about. We already can choose different idols to sing so it's not that.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #207 on: January 26, 2016, 10:17:51 pm »
I'm interested in what that variable tune tech is about. We already can choose different idols to sing so it's not that.

I have two guesses.

My first guess is it probably has to do with the engine of the game in terms of the performances or something.

My second guess could be being able to cue in vocals ala Live for You!, which sounds pretty cool.

We'll have to wait and see.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

meichan111

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 26, 2016, 11:00:24 pm »
true the face is a little animeish but overall it dosn't bother me at all, everything looks amazing and lives up to imas quality so can not wait for the livestream or pv x3! (should get my ofa done atleast pff)

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2016, 01:25:48 am »
Alright, I've let a couple hours go by for my initial impressions on this to settle in.

Overall, everything seen here so far has been great. That's not to say I'm disappointed in a couple things, but the pros outweigh the cons. A complete rework of the models and the camera is wonderful news. The camera work has me hopeful about my long held theory on Playstation VR support. It seemed, based off what people had said about the teaser at the 10th Live, that all backgrounds would be 3D, but it's clear from the multiple communication screenshots that there are still plenty of 2D backgrounds. As for the new visuals, while they look great, I'm saddened by the darker tones. I got into imas because of how awestruck I was when I first came across such a vivid and vibrant game. Look at Yayoi's hair. Mostly brown. The darker tones can be noticeable with Azusa, Chihaya, and Takane. You could chalk it up to poor scan quality, we'll see once the livestream happens, but if this is kept, it'd be a shame.

The on-stage gameplay is basically similar to Shiny Festa from the looks of that one single screenshot. More needs to be seen in order to say if it truly is just Shiny Festa. If so, I have no problems with it, but I recognize that not many people like that game, so I'm also hoping it can differentiate itself from SF. Speaking with a former member, she pointed out that they might have addressed a shortcoming she didn't like in previous games, and that's actual unique builds for each idol's bodies. It might be a stretch, but the difference can be seen when comparing Makoto's leg with Ami's. Makoto's is much thicker.

One last bit of speculation, in regards to 'variable tune', we should take into account the new things PS4 brings to the table. Perhaps swiping on the touchpad gives you an on-the-fly control of who sings what? Maybe the speaker on the controller plays some sort of variation depending on the notes being hit. Things like that.