Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pre-release thread: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars  (Read 138455 times)

Nagi

• Apprentice
  • #1 Dearly StarsP!
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER PS4
« Reply #180 on: January 26, 2016, 02:37:55 pm »
Just fyi guys, this website has some translated into.

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/idolmaster-platinum-stars-unveiled-ps4

Looks like the game is now a full rhythm game, that's the new mechanic.~
Also, this game is set in a parallel universe, where the idols are still not famous (tl;dr a reboot)

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #181 on: January 26, 2016, 02:44:40 pm »
So far, I'm excited for Platinum Stars (just stick a "Forever" into that name and you'll be golden).

The new models are definitely a step up from 2/OFA. I keep hearing that it looks like a modified Starlight Stage, which wouldn't surprise me since SS to me kinda set a new standard for how the games should look.

I'm slightly disappointed that it's Second Vision again, but I won't let it deter from everything else. I just wanted Makoto with long hair is all. :P

The only thing that actually concerns me is the plot. Producer living with the 765 idols and bonding with them there is giving me nothing but BRE@K vibes and I hope to God that they don't take that route.

Btw, I also found this screenshot of a commu.
http://imgur.com/HpY2xG8

Also, this game is set in a parallel universe, where the idols are still not famous (tl;dr a reboot)

Sounds like every other producing game in the series. :P
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 02:47:27 pm by MetalPredat0r »
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2016, 02:48:30 pm »
The new models look like an attempt to look more realistic yet more anime-y. Honestly my fear was that they'd keep the same graphics or fall into the uncanny valley, so I'm glad neither is the truth!!

I recognize the pose in the pink dress screenshot as being from Go My Way, so that's confirmed I guess? Lol

Edit: looking at the pics I'm pretty sure they made Iori's hair longer? And Makoto's shorter?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 02:53:50 pm by Maka »

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2016, 02:59:46 pm »
Edit: looking at the pics I'm pretty sure they made Iori's hair longer? And Makoto's shorter?

They look the same to me. Keep in mind Iori is slightly bent down so it might appear her hair is longer.

The only hairstyle changes I noticed are Ritsuko (really digging the Konomi Baba-esque side braid) and Miki (less spiky hair and actually looks combed).
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

meichan111

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2016, 03:09:48 pm »
glad to see their bodies are a little better x3 the outfits are awesome and the little we can see of another looks well too, ritsuko's hair is also great to keep a braid but keep it new <3 and omg 50k penlights!! someones gonna make a video with that and dubstep//sorryhadtoheh

But great to see they go more into rhythem part and being the main characther and kinda from the start, just hope they don't change too much so it dosn't feel like a imas game

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2016, 03:21:21 pm »
>outfits that don't suck
>50k penlights

My prayers have been answered.

meichan111

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2016, 03:25:44 pm »
>outfits that don't suck
>50k penlights

My prayers have been answered.
trueeee they have blessed us

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2016, 03:31:14 pm »
Oh man, Ritsuko looks goooorgeous. She actually looks like a 19 year old now. Guess they wanted to really move away from the Ritsuko-P look? Everyone looks cute, though. Their hair is so poofy!

My big hope (that I've had since imas 2) is for customizable hairstyles. Like choosing to put up hair, keep it down, put it in a ponytail... Seriously, Dream Club has had this feature for ages.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2016, 03:32:54 pm »
Ricchan can't seem to make up her mind, hair-wise. :P

Wasn't too fond of her Wendy's look, honestly, and I'll miss the hairbun, but I can definitely live with those new braids.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 26, 2016, 04:56:37 pm »
More scans

Logan

• ζ*'ヮ')ζ<はーん
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2016, 04:59:40 pm »
ngl they look derpy and dated as hell lmao i am noTTT a fan of this remodeling to look more anime

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2016, 05:36:30 pm »
ngl they look derpy and dated as hell lmao i am noTTT a fan of this remodeling to look more anime

Haruka looks hella derp in that top image, but then again Haruka w

I also think they have a bit of a dated look, I like it, but I tend to favor that look...I'm a sucker for nostalgic things.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 05:43:25 pm by animagic4u »

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2016, 06:01:46 pm »
Now that you mention it, they do have that subdued look compared to iM@S2/OFA's vibrant colors. Seems very reminiscent of First Vision.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 26, 2016, 06:10:28 pm »
The hairstyles are a lot more realistic, too. Just compare Yayoi to her ML design for example.

I'd rather have a slightly derpy style than a super realistic style where it's basically entirely lifelike except for the eyes. Like DOA5 freaks me the hell out.

Idk why but I love this new style. It looks almost like an anime screenshot but of course we need to see it in action first.

Also didn't someone who was at the tenth live say they were all in a house or something??? That's probably the camp, right?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 06:12:30 pm by Maka »

Kimiko

• Producer
  • Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 26, 2016, 06:14:11 pm »
anyone can translate me what this article scan says about cinderella, million and side M? it's in the middle of the last picture