Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pre-release thread: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars  (Read 129288 times)

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
« Reply #615 on: July 21, 2016, 11:59:01 pm »
I don't have too good a feeling about that memory game. Mostly because I'm terribad at them.

Anyway, it would seem there won't be a rival or anything of the sort this time after all. I was wondering, what does anyone think about that?

And as far as I know, they haven't shown the actual idol selection process yet. Little curious as to how that goes.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 12:26:39 am by Rin »
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 22, 2016, 12:26:51 am »
Next thing you know Namco will offer CD-keys as pre-launch DLC.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 22, 2016, 12:33:44 am »
I don't really understand the concept of DL Lives. Can someone explain it ot me?

From what I understand there's a live you can attempt as long as the event is going. If you pass you'll get rewards. The more P drops you use, the more presents you get after a live. If you use 11 P drops your chance of getting a golden present is increased. A golden present will have the featured costume and accessories in it. They're giving away 11 free P drops to celebrate the 1st event.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #618 on: July 22, 2016, 02:54:56 am »
Next thing you know Namco will offer CD-keys as pre-launch DLC.

Or $60 will only get you the first few weeks and everything else in the game is paid DLC-Oh wait!

Anyway, it would seem there won't be a rival or anything of the sort this time after all. I was wondering, what does anyone think about that?

It feels a little empty since this is the first main game since SP without a rival. Then again, he or she would probably fall off the face of the earth once the game releases, so maybe it's for the better they don't make another new rival we get attached to and they never use again. >_>
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 22, 2016, 05:25:47 am »
Thanks, Okayu for sharing this information with us.

So, if I'm understanding it correctly, DL lives will be available at certain periods.  But, what if I'm not available to participate during those times?  Probably, I would have to miss out.  I hope they'll at least release the goodies as late DLC for those people that missed out on the time limited campaigns.  But, then again, they might not.

Miki Fan

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 22, 2016, 08:28:15 am »
What about those events in mobile games like Cinderella Girls: Starlight Stage and Million Live?  If you miss their events, can get those cards later on?
Where

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #621 on: July 22, 2016, 09:28:07 am »
What about those events in mobile games like Cinderella Girls: Starlight Stage and Million Live?  If you miss their events, can get those cards later on?

It depends. If they're not limited, then you can get them at any time you desire, they just have a slightly higer probability during the event period. If it's limited, then no, you cannot get them after the event. When the event ends, those cards are gone forever.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 22, 2016, 05:06:56 pm »
Dunno if it's okay to post here, but here is the last stream with lessons gameplay etc (in case anyone missed it or can't watch from niconico)
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=832672
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 06:06:37 pm by Nakiame »

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 23, 2016, 06:48:44 pm »
I'm sure it's being planned and worked on, but I think we'll be needing a dedicated board for Platinum stars just like we did for Im@s 1, Im@s 2, and OFA.  A gameplay thread would be helpful too as we did in the previous games.

Also, I know many im@s fans are on other social media sites and chat groups, but if you have questions/answers regarding Platinum Stars gameplay, then I highly encourage to post in this forum so that everyone can benefit.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 23, 2016, 09:27:49 pm »
I'm sure it's being planned and worked on, but I think we'll be needing a dedicated board for Platinum stars just like we did for Im@s 1, Im@s 2, and OFA.  A gameplay thread would be helpful too as we did in the previous games.

Also, I know many im@s fans are on other social media sites and chat groups, but if you have questions/answers regarding Platinum Stars gameplay, then I highly encourage to post in this forum so that everyone can benefit.

I second this

TheBluePhone

• Woo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 24, 2016, 05:35:21 am »
http://idolmaster.jp/blog/?p=21733

I'ld like to request a quick summary of the DL Live section of this! I figure it explains how it works better than the video did.

Teddie

• Apprentice
  • 僕たちのResistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 24, 2016, 03:06:36 pm »
Well after seeing DL Live and the new outfits, I can peacefuly say: RIP Punkish Gothic. You will be dearly missed. After 8 years, it would be surely missed. Oh boy, Punkish Gothic is my favourite EXTEND Outfit.

HibikiP | MakotoP | MioP |My Cinderella Producers profile~

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 24, 2016, 03:11:46 pm »
http://idolmaster.jp/blog/?p=21733

I'ld like to request a quick summary of the DL Live section of this! I figure it explains how it works better than the video did.

Here you go.

Quote from: iM@S Blog
"DL Live" is a special live distributed online!
After you download it, an event will begin in the boarding house, and you will be able to play the DL Live.

In DL Lives, when you clear the assigned conditions, you will be able to move onto the next live. If you clear all the lives then you will get the DL Live exclusive new costume!
Also, after the live ends, you can randomly get a gold present which contain exclusive new accessories that match the exclusive new costume!

New DL Lives will be distributed at fixed intervals, so challenge yourself and aim for the gold presents♪

The DL Live starting distribution on August 4th is "DL Live/Gothic Punk Queen"!
The special costume is themed with the passion of rouge and the darkness of noire, and other gothic punk accessories are in the gold presents for this live.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 03:30:10 pm by Okayu »

Yunabeco

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Chihaya appreciator.
    • View Profile
    • Project-iM@S
Re: Pre-release thread: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
« Reply #628 on: July 24, 2016, 03:32:05 pm »
There we go, now on its own board. Thanks Okayu for poking me on IRC.

TheBluePhone

• Woo.
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-release thread: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
« Reply #629 on: July 24, 2016, 06:35:50 pm »
Thanks for the translation, Okayu! It's a big relief to know that the costume is a confirmed reward.