Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pre-release thread: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars  (Read 127700 times)

darkthunder

• Apprentice
  • STRICTLY A NORMAL HUMAN
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
« Reply #585 on: July 13, 2016, 12:58:33 am »
I was never able to play any of the idolm@ster games because of not being able to buy online and my lack of Japanese, but how much does each dlc cost?
for newly introduced in-game song it is usually 1800 yen
for song that is available before as DLC it's 1200 yen
Newly introduced outfit is 1500 yen
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:03:12 am by darkthunder »

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #586 on: July 13, 2016, 01:22:40 am »
iDOLM@STER One For All was very easy to follow for a non-Japanese reader. I don't know any Japanese, except for the girls names now after playing the game, and I was able to get through the entire game with just using the must minimal of guides.

iDOLM@STER 2 was a different story. I never got past week 12 before giving up. It was too conversation oriented. I literally had to go line by line on a guide and watch all the walkthroughs possible to get through every part of the game.

Getting the DLCs isn't necessary but it does make the gameplay easier. It also makes Stage4You more enjoyable.

For OFA I ended up spending about $1,600 for all of the DLC (minus the guest songs from the CG and ML girls).

I can only imagine what Platinum Stars is going to cost me.

As a side note is another request form like http://765-pro.info/ofa/ going to be made for Platinum Stars?
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 13, 2016, 03:27:59 am »
They usually bring DLC songs as defaults in later games
On the other hand, songs which were base songs in earlier games become DLC in the new one, like Me Ga Au Toki was a base song in im@s 2, but now it's DLC.

Correct.  Therefore, it cancel each other out.  Basically, I would expect the base game to have about 20 songs just like in OFA and Im@s 2 (well maybe a little more...I don't know).  The number of DLC songs in Im@s 2 was about 19 while the number of DLC songs in OFA was about 50 (including solo songs).

last time I did wait for discount for OFA EX episode 1,2,3 and some songs.
longest wait in my life

Pretty much this.  You'll likely be waiting around a year just to get the DLC stuff you want in a discount just like in the previous games.

I was never able to play any of the idolm@ster games because of not being able to buy online and my lack of Japanese, but how much does each dlc cost?
for newly introduced in-game song it is usually 1800 yen
for song that is available before as DLC it's 1200 yen
Newly introduced outfit is 1500 yen

darkthunder is correct.  They're accessories too which don't cost too much.  But, the songs, outfits, and extra episodes (OFA) can really put a hole in your wallet if start buying a lot.

One thing to keep in mind.  OFA had Group DLC episodes and EX episodes.  We don't know if Namco will implement the same thing in Platinum Stars, but I wouldn't be surprise if they did something like what they did for OFA.

In OFA, they were EX episodes where they cost about 5000 yen for 1 episode (all idols).  Since they were 3 episodes you can multiply that by three.  There's also an option to just buy a group of idols for each episode if you don't want everyone.  But, if the idols you want are all in different groups then you're out of luck and you'll have to buy everyone (ep 1 had a song included while ep 2 had a costume included)

In OFA there's also group DLC episodes where each group DLC episode cost about 3000 yen, and there were 3 episodes as well (at least you get the song and outfit included).

Basically, expect yourself to pay more than the actual game itself.  Im@s 2 was my first Im@s game and I spent around $130 in DLC.  Then, when I got OFA, I spent about $260 in DLC. 

So, if the trend continues, I'll be paying a lot for Platinum Stars too.  Of course, this is just my prediction. 

But, at this point, I'm used to the DLC formula for Im@s.  So, it doesn't bother me anymore.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone.  Just showing the new people what to expect, so that it doesn't hit them in the face when they start annoucing DLC catalogs.  You're not required to buy DLC, but I feel you'll miss out on a lot stuff in the game if you avoid buying DLC.

For OFA I ended up spending about $1,600 for all of the DLC (minus the guest songs from the CG and ML girls).

Whoa, it was that much?  I was thinking maybe around $800-$1000?

« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 04:00:36 am by mariokirby »

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 13, 2016, 04:34:48 am »

Whoa, it was that much?  I was thinking maybe around $800-$1000?

Depends when you bought it and what the exchange rate was at the time.

My invoices show a 1300 US spend for OFA. Bear in mind that you're also dealing with third party cuts unless you know someone in Japan, and the exchange rate oscillates a lot.

And yes, you're expected to spend this money so that other people can get their requests for free, and you get people who complain you haven't spent the money and can't give what they want even given the above bill.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 13, 2016, 04:48:47 am »

My invoices show a 1300 US spend for OFA.

Oh my God.  That's a lot money.  Guess, the take home point is Im@s DLC is not cheap.

and you get people who complain you haven't spent the money and can't give what they want even given the above bill.

Those people are terrible.  I remember some time ago you were upset at those kinds of people. 

Adz0086

• Apprentice
  • Hibiki's English name is Sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 13, 2016, 05:03:02 am »
Makoto PV is out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3B8QTaIrtw
Patiently waiting for Hibiki's PV ^.^ and what happened to Ritsuko's PV?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 05:10:42 am by Adz0086 »

darkthunder

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 13, 2016, 05:13:41 am »
what happened to Ritsuko's PV?
RIP Ritsuko. On a side note her pv might be shown after hibiki pv
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 05:48:32 am by darkthunder »

Adz0086

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 13, 2016, 05:32:08 am »

My invoices show a 1300 US spend for OFA. Bear in mind that you're also dealing with third party cuts unless you know someone in Japan, and the exchange rate oscillates a lot.
I'm willing to support the im@s franchise as much as I can but $1300 is a little too much for a broke highschool student like me '~'

darkthunder

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 13, 2016, 05:47:03 am »
I'm willing to support the im@s franchise as much as I can but $1300 is a little too much for a broke highschool student like me '~'
just buy buying the game you are already supporting them.
if you want the DLC, buy the one that interest you. No need to buy all of them if you don't have money

Adz0086

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 13, 2016, 05:58:45 am »
her pv might be shown after hibiki pv
I guess Namco decided to switch Miki and Ritsuko's PV release ???

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 13, 2016, 06:01:25 am »
If there's any reason Namco has for switching the two, I would guess it's because Ritsuko has Nanairo Button as a preview song too. The order hasn't broken from birthday order otherwise, and Ami-Ritsuko-Azusa would have the exact same song each time.

Is it really needed to do that? Not really. But it's the best excuse I could think of. :P

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 13, 2016, 06:14:45 am »
I like to think Namco still knows Ritsuko exists.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

suzushinayuriko

• Witness my true power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 13, 2016, 06:17:02 am »
iDOLM@STER One For All was very easy to follow for a non-Japanese reader. I don't know any Japanese, except for the girls names now after playing the game, and I was able to get through the entire game with just using the must minimal of guides.

iDOLM@STER 2 was a different story. I never got past week 12 before giving up. It was too conversation oriented. I literally had to go line by line on a guide and watch all the walkthroughs possible to get through every part of the game.

Getting the DLCs isn't necessary but it does make the gameplay easier. It also makes Stage4You more enjoyable.

I can only imagine what Platinum Stars is going to cost me.

As a side note is another request form like http://765-pro.info/ofa/ going to be made for Platinum Stars?

Oh hey, Hime!

I did mention to you what Setsuna said in the past, which was in this post:

Well, this is going to make things a hell lot more complicated.

As Cael mentioned previously lalabit (NBGI's store) is the only store that is offering in game content as its unique.

If you aren't previously aware with im@s: OfA, there were a couple of DLC items that were released exclusively, either as an event, or as a part of the LE.

Unfortunately here's the bad news:

The DLC items that are exclusive to the event (The Ami/Mami Lawson Puppets) have still not become available for purchase.

I can't confirm if the LE pack item (The costume) ever became available, but I don't think so.

So for those who want a compendium to happen or want a complete selection of DLC items for their own use, this would mean that you are forcibly gated into the lalabit version.

This brings up a few complications - They won't ship to any non Japanese address. You must escrow this unless you're physically in Japan, or you know of someone who is local and can be trusted to handle and forward everything.

In my case of course, I'm dealing with a sheer deficit as it stands (Economic damage due to disaster is like that) so I'm going to spell things out in plain English for anyone who's going to ask me the question I KNOW that's going to be asked.

Here's the answer (without needing to state the question):

"A Platinum Stars Compendium project will only be started IF I can get my hands on the lalabit limited edition version of the game."

Otherwise, I deal with out of bounds items, and accuracy is ultimately the point of the compendium (which is the main reason why it was used as a reference system).

As you can guess, I'm still working on replacing parts (and there's quite a few) for repairs, so for the time being, all my funds have been  focused towards the repair and replacement.

No, I don't own a PS4 at this point in time either, but at least that doesn't have a hard time limit placed on it. I can always work on acquiring the PS4 after the game is secure. Unfortunately, the reverse doesn't apply.

I'm thankful to you, Setsuna, for putting so much time and money into the iM@S 2 and OFA compendiums even though you very nearly quit over people who had the nerve to be rude and demanding. A Platinum Stars compendium would be nice, but I can totally understand if you decide not to do one this time.

And $1600...yikes. Hime, I don't think anyone would blame you if you waited for the DLC sales instead of buying them upfront. Especially if they do something like the EX episodes again.

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 13, 2016, 06:36:18 am »
Shomebody's shtealin' my shtick, eh? Postin' them PVs? Huh? HUH!?

I don't know how I missed it. I sat on the page and refreshed for 15 minutes. : (
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

Adz0086

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 13, 2016, 07:04:20 am »
Shomebody's shtealin' my shtick, eh? Postin' them PVs? Huh? HUH!?

I don't know how I missed it. I sat on the page and refreshed for 15 minutes. : (
YouTube notification on my phone lol sorry  ;D