Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pre-release thread: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars  (Read 138458 times)

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
Re: THE iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
« Reply #240 on: January 27, 2016, 09:12:08 pm »
Yep. We don't even know all about the game yet and it's already begun.

To be fair, I'm only saying this because my biggest hope for the game (additional producable idols alongside the main 13 765 idols) pretty much won't be avhieved in the standard game.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 27, 2016, 11:15:26 pm »
Oh my god Hibiki looks gorgeous.

I absolutely adore the new style. Sometimes it looks exactly like 2d animation...

Chihaya

• Greenhorn
  • Idolm@ster
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 27, 2016, 11:39:20 pm »
Ahhh I'm so hyped!!!! Gotta stay up and watch the livestream!!! The girls look beautiful ;A; <3 Anyone know what time exactly the stream is on??
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:51:09 pm by Chihaya »

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 27, 2016, 11:52:00 pm »
Ahhh I'm so hyped!!!! Gotta stay up and watch the livestream!!! The girls look beautiful ;A; <3 Anyone know what time exactly the stream is on??
There's a countdown on the nico stream.
http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv246529287

edit: it's down for maintence from 06:00~08:30 Japan time
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:53:37 pm by Okayu »

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 27, 2016, 11:54:42 pm »
On a side-note, I wonder if they'll change up the idol animations during commus. Those images in the article are the same ones we've seen, like Chihaya holding her right arm.

You're right about that.  I guess we'll see what the stream shows.  Though, those same idol animations do bring about some kind of nostalgia.

Roswell

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 27, 2016, 11:58:47 pm »
You're right about that.  I guess we'll see what the stream shows.  Though, those same idol animations do bring about some kind of nostalgia.

I feel as if they should at least add in a few new animations, they've been posing like that for a whole decade

Chihaya

• Greenhorn
  • Idolm@ster
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 28, 2016, 12:02:01 am »
There's a countdown on the nico stream.
http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv246529287

edit: it's down for maintence from 06:00~08:30 Japan time

Oooh thank you!! :D I'll just sit here waiting and hyping xDDD Guess we should start preparing our wallets for a super expensive collector's edition?? D;

Chihayaa

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 28, 2016, 03:41:08 am »
I really don't want to fall into the depths of expensive DLC but all these screenshots are making it way too hard to resist ^^;

Hibiki looks so beautiful ahhh I can't wait for the livestream.

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 28, 2016, 03:42:42 am »
Someone speculated that they might be getting rid of individualized basic outfits and the vocal/dance/visual outfits will be the same for every idol?

I hope that's not true. That's one of my favorite things about iM@S...

Chihayaa

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 28, 2016, 03:50:44 am »
Someone speculated that they might be getting rid of individualized basic outfits and the vocal/dance/visual outfits will be the same for every idol?

I would love for them to update their individual basic outfits for a "fresh start." One cool thing about Love Live! is how their costumes, in one way or another, reflect their actual personalities. If they could pull this off for iM@S: Platinum Stars, that would be awesome. Having individual basic outfits in iM@S 2 and One for All was a start, but to me it kinda felt like they could've done more with outfits.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #250 on: January 28, 2016, 04:10:03 am »
So I bought a nico premium account....
I'll be live tweeting during the stream as well.

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 28, 2016, 06:07:57 am »
Official press release if anyone likes those. Still no full release date, though.

I can't really say anything about the outfits, since we could just be seeing the special costumes and none of the standard ones they usually give us. What ISN'T there are the stats we're used to, but I'm wondering if they've been retooled as Appeal/Burst/Omoide. Considering the various similarities to OFA, I wonder if they rehauled its skill system and the stats in general to focus on live performances.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 28, 2016, 07:39:20 am »
Whew!! All this hype!!  Feels great being a part of this.  HNNGGG Hibiki!!! XDDD

Thanks. That sea of red glow sticks man.

Wow. OMG. That looks amazing.  If the stages are gonna be that big I hope they're gonna let us use all of it, especially those walkways.  Maybe during certain parts of a song like the interlude we can have them hop/skip/jump to center stage for the final chorus or something.  Also, I wonder if they're gonna give us a free cam option so we can wander around that sea of penlas during performances.(lol they'd look so tiny from the back row XD)

Throw me some Dearly Stars DLC and we'll talk. They're still relevant!

Lol I kinda want them in for exactly that reason... or half of it at least.  The other half is hoping to see Eri perform Mahou o Kakete this time around so I can explode from ultimate kawaiiness and die happy with no regets. Uh plz? XD 
Jupiter is fine too.  But I wonder who their rival is this time around.  :o

That said, I'm kinda hoping they ease off on the guest DLC this time around.  I'd rather they spend all that time and effort on more content/songs/outfits for our main idols instead.  Though, imagining there could be some nice 765(ML included) x 346 collabs, it wouldn't be that bad I guess.

Alright, cya all after the stream!  ;D

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 28, 2016, 12:25:21 pm »
They're doing something a little different here, but they're calling it Variable Toon.

You know what would be interesting? If they made it so that the style changes from that we see in the screenshots, to the more colorful iM@S2/OFA style based on your progress in game. I mean, that would be "variable".

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 28, 2016, 12:40:52 pm »
or the idols grow older over time

yeah, not likely, but that would be really interesting to see