Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolm@ster 3 incoming?!  (Read 20128 times)

Elixir

• View Profile
Re: Idolm@ster 3 incoming?!
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2013, 08:28:04 pm »
・THE IDOLM@STER(仮)(サテライト筐体+メインモニター)

So I assume it's this, which doesn't quite have a real name yet but there's going to be a cabinet and monitor for arcades.

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2013, 11:23:58 pm »
Oh thank god please revitalize the arcade industry, Namco.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2013, 05:26:01 am »
Yeah, that would be really awesome.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2013, 09:27:29 am »
i'd rather not have the next im@s game be for arcades. Simpy because there is no way i could play it if it is.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2013, 01:33:31 pm »
If they go arcade again, I'm sure we'll still see a console port or equivalent.

BadBoy25

• Apprentice
  • 765 Production Ltd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2013, 03:18:22 pm »
New iM@S confirmed on PS4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpTfsnAV-jU

1:36:58

baruhara

• 玉の緒よ、絶えなば絶えね、ながらへば、しのぶることの、よはりもぞする
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2013, 10:58:20 pm »
From what i've read of translated lines and the 4komas only popular girls get more developed personalities and pretty much every single girl wants to get with producer no matter the age or personality. Frankly if the CG girls do get promoted to games I want them to tone down the producer love a little. I'm here for the girls i don't want the girls to be here for me.
x2

I would like for the characters to revolve a bit more around them and less so around how much they want the Producer, 'cause I feel like the game would be able to evolve them a lot more if they didn't just restrict their development to how much they depend on affection from the Producer. If that makes sense.

And... Looks like I'm getting a PS4, then.  :P
s e m p e r ・ e g o ・ a u d i t o r ・ t a n t e m ・ ?
http://psnprofiles.com/Voragoras
https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=Sertoria

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2013, 12:58:26 am »
Yeah, that's why I'm in the minority that likes the Million Live girls.

They're more developed than the Cinderella Girls and they feel like bonafide 765 idols instead of gotta catch 'em all collectibles (and gimmicky as hell). Maybe it's just that they added so many of them at once that made people dislike the million live girls, but if they were added slowly like Takane and Hibiki maybe they would all get their fans. They seem much more carefully created.

I really like Julia a lot.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 01:39:10 am by ninjamitsuki »

RisingStar

• I'll do my best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2013, 02:57:04 am »
If they didn't feel the need to keep making new Cinderella Girls, it would've been better. And yeah, the producer love is kicked into overdrive for every single one of them, too. I like CG, but not where it's going. Their development and gimmicks seem to be heavily influenced by their fans. At this rate, I think they should stop the Cinderella Masters at a good number, maybe 30 or 40, and focus on them. Yeah, fans will be mad that their favorite idol won't be voiced, but it better than making more than they can handle. That way, they can move out of mobage and give them a proper game.

As for the MLs, I like them, I really do. Even though some still annoy me, design-wise. When ML was first introduced, I was kind of skeptical at them adding MORE idols when there were already so many CGs. Them being already apart of 765Pro didn't make much better. But after a while, I began to think "So 765Pr become more popular and attracted more aspiring idols." After that, they didn't bug me. They seem to have much more thought put into them, as ninjamitsuki said, therefore seem more interesting than most CGs, voiced or not.

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2013, 04:37:45 am »
Yes. There are so many CGs and all with little detail or backstory, they're like Pokemon. I love Pokemon. But the appeal of iDOLM@STER is forming a strong bond with the characters, and having so many with only a few lines of dialog, some not voiced, and personalities that can be summed up as "she's smart" or "she likes fashion" makes them feel more like Pogs than people. ._.

Meanwhile all the Million Live girls already have backstories and voices, not to mention Million Live focuses on giving new angles to the existing idols rather than just adding new idols, and I think quite a few of them have a lot of potential to be well-loved idols if they made a console appearance.

Now then, I wonder if the next generation would be able to fit all of the idols. It would be a shame if they picked favorites. ._.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 04:49:06 am by ninjamitsuki »

RisingStar

• I'll do my best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2013, 06:56:59 am »
Well, CG is still basically it's own thing. It has has a, if somewhat flimsy, Namassuka trio and a pseudo-876Pro. All they need is a male group and their set, haha. They could, Namco willing, have two separate iM@S teams, one for the 765 veterans and recruits and one for about 50 CGs. I say 50 just to give CG some sort of cap.

But it terms of favorites, I'm not sure what you mean. If you're talking about CG, they've been too fan-friendly to start making their own decisions now. If the next batch of CMs were chosen seemingly at random, with no signs of the popularity of the idols being a factor, I don't think it would sit too well with a majority of the fanbase.

I want all 765+ML in one game, each with their own route and special interactions with new and existing idols. On the other hand, I want a CG game, as well, but it seems to be asking a bit much right now.

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2013, 07:06:52 am »
By playing favorites, I meant with Million Live.

RisingStar

• I'll do my best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2013, 07:18:19 am »
Oh, OK. I don't think they'd write off CG and focus on ML. Hopefully.

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2013, 07:25:02 am »
To a certain extent, I would say that it would be odd if the CG idols got any official direction. I get the feeling they were made with the intention of letting fans get in touch with their inner Kotori, which is why their background isn't that well developed. Yeah, there's a character design and a general personality, but most of the rest is up to your imagination. So make your fan works. The CG world is your oyster.

So I would go so far as to say that there's a limit to how far Namco can develop them. Maybe they might decide to, but I don't think it's inaccurate to say that some aspects of their personalities came from fan input.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 07:26:43 am by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2013, 02:18:07 am »
That's a great point. It's kind of like how it is is with Vocaloid. Everything is up to the fans. I hadn't thought of it like that.

Then, I would not want to see Namco develop them. I'd rather see the Million Live girls get development.