Username: Password:

Author Topic: Finally: iM@S Officially in English!  (Read 9499 times)

DarkMorford

• Greenhorn
  • なんくるないさー!
    • View Profile
Finally: iM@S Officially in English!
« on: April 22, 2013, 06:21:24 pm »
Namco-Bandai has released Shiny Festa on iOS in English! Your choice of "Harmonic Score," "Rhythmic Record," or "Melodic Disc" for the low, low introductory price (can you sense the sarcasm yet? :P) of just $54.99 each!

Personally, I'm totally stoked that they're actually releasing this in English, but I just can't justify the cost. I mean, it cost me less to import iM@S 2.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Finally: iM@S Officially in English!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 07:37:27 pm »
English but iOS.
We can never win can we?

Your sarcasm amuses me though.

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 07:39:30 pm »
Well, it's better than nothing, I guess. :(

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 08:15:09 pm »
This is worse than nothing. Just look at the quality of the translations. Did they even give a shit?

blake307

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 08:37:32 pm »
Well, it's better than nothing, I guess. :(

I suppose, but still. Can't say i'm really that thrilled about it considering certain things here. :/

idolfanaticV1

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 08:40:16 pm »
I really don't know what to think of this, other than this is absolutely crazy. And scary, because if it fails, we probably won't see any other chance of Idolm@ster stuff in America. 

DarkMorford

• Greenhorn
  • なんくるないさー!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 09:16:53 pm »
I really don't know what to think of this, other than this is absolutely crazy. And scary, because if it fails, we probably won't see any other chance of Idolm@ster stuff in America.
That's the problem. None but the most hardcore iM@S fans will buy this, and so Bamco will go "Well, we released it in English, but nobody bought it. Guess it's not worth the effort."

If it was even down to $30, I'd probably buy one. And I almost feel like I should get one anyway just to show support, but I can't justify throwing that kind of money at a game right now. Especially not one I've already played.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 10:01:09 pm »
I can't justify throwing that kind of money at a game right now. Especially not one I've already played.

This.
Also, the game itself isn't worth $55 at all... I wouldn't mind an English release if it was carefully translated and one of the canon releases that have more replay factor.

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 10:31:19 pm »
That's the problem. There's really no way to justify getting it for that price, and Scamco will think nobody likes iM@S even though we do.

Compassionate Sadist

• waifusexual
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 11:12:43 pm »
I almost have the urge to say "Did they want this to bomb?"
Because I honestly can't see sales going well. Even if it was just to test the waters, it's still poorly thought out.

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 12:26:44 am »
I'd be more interested in the higher quality videos that would be present than the translation, and the rips that follow. A translation isn't necessary for a rhythm game.

On another note, why does this remind me of Square-Enix and their pricing scheme for this type of release?

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 12:42:35 am »
The optimist in me is hoping that they're not testing the waters with this release, but instead that there are a slew of iM@S games that are ready or almost ready to be released in the West.

ProjectAria

• Do your work or else!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 01:17:18 am »
That's the problem. None but the most hardcore iM@S fans will buy this, and so Bamco will go "Well, we released it in English, but nobody bought it. Guess it's not worth the effort."

Being somebody who has every version of iDOLM@STER that has been release other than the official arcade, almost all the soundtracks, almost every item of Ritsuko, and paid around 1,500 FOR THE ANIME ON BLU-RAY WITH G4U.  I guess that would make me kind of hardcore but I still refuse to toss money on the english iOS version.  They did such a poor job that I would rather buy idolmaster xenoglossia.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 03:19:45 am »
So how is the actual translation?  Is it as good as fan translators such as Namassuka or anything similar? 

Neko-P

• Just another fan. Sort of.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 03:49:57 am »
So how is the actual translation?  Is it as good as fan translators such as Namassuka or anything similar?

Here's a hint: "Hoobies."