Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER: Million Live!  (Read 174345 times)

chaos176

• View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER: Million Live!
« Reply #210 on: September 04, 2014, 06:15:21 pm »
Finished Tomoka. It's longer than I think.

Tenkuubashi Tomoka (天空橋朋花)
Height: 156 cm
Weight: 41kg
B-W-H: 80.0cm / 56.0cm / 79.0cm
Birthday: 11 November (Scorpio)
Blood type: AB
Handedness: Left
Hobby: make fan happy
Special skill: quarrel
Like: Cute folding fan
Tomoka is a young girl who acts and speaks in polite and refined way. She called her fan a piglet because “it’s cuter than call them a lost sheep”, and regard herself as they Virgin Mary.

To explain what Tomoka really like can be quite a complicate task. At first glance she looks like a refined young lady, but when she opens her mouth, what comes out is a word of polite but insulting world. And couple with the fact that Tomoka called her fan “piglets” and talked about how happy they are to be dominated by her, it’s easy to assume that she is a sadistic girl. Which might not be entirely wrong but I don’t think that it entirely true either.

First of all, sadistic person is someone who inflicting pain,psychically or mentally, on other for the sake of they own pleasure, but look at her hobby; make her fan happy. And there many moments in the game that show Tomoko really loved her fan and work hard to please them. That not something a sadistic person would do. So one could say that the way she treat her fan is just a way she show her love, strange and twist it might be, but love nonetheless. and because she really believed that they happy to be dominated by her.

Couple that with the fact that she always kind to fellow idol and help them whenever she can. It showed that she not just a sadistic girl who looked down on other, but really what she claims herself to be, a holy mother who give love and hope to the lost and the pitied. It’s just that she gives those love by become someone who they can worship and served. And in return she’ll give them unconditioned love, like The Virgin Mary.

the card that show her kind side

In short, Tomoko is a kind girl who love all people equally like a holy mother, she would like nothing more than the world that everyone can get along happily with each other, but also believed that the only way the world can become such a happy place is by her domination over everyone as the holy mother who give love equally to all but also demanding worship and total loyalty from all.

Her image song “Maria Trap” also shows what she really is quite nicely (though this song is quite hard to interpret, so I might be wrong here). The song is about the two sides of “Maria”, the kind and lovely “Maria” and the twisted and dominatrix “Maria”. And the madness that comes from conflicted between those two sides.

Her personality might come from the fact that she is loved by everyone she meet since her childhood, and it hinted in the game that she might be Christian( her house own a chapel, said thing like “the lost sheep”, “the voice that cried out for (her) salvation”). With might or might not influenced her ideal.

Despite her personality, Tomoko still had a more normal and childish side, which she sometime show to the producer if they become close.

the rare moment of her childishness.

There are actually two group of her fan, one is “the piglet”, and other is “the sky knight’s brigade”. There no information about how different the two groups are, fandom assumes that piglet is a normal fan, while the sky knight is a selected elite fan who takes direct order from her.

The sky knight brigade

Tomoko seem to be interested in Haruka, she called her cute on and looked happy when Haruka called her Tomoka-chan THE IDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER PERFORMANCE 02 CD. also hinted in various event's dialouge.

millefeuille

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 04, 2014, 07:24:59 pm »
Thanks for all these translations, chaos176! I've been having a tough time getting into ML because its wiki and tvtropes pages were sparse, but the info you've provided is really making more interested in it.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #212 on: September 04, 2014, 09:15:55 pm »
The new event, Idol Game Festival, is one of my favorite kind of events! I really need that Arisa card!!
I'm interested in the fact that they put Tales references in ML now. w

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #213 on: September 05, 2014, 12:17:31 am »
As a heads up, I updated the TvTropes character page with info for Yuriko, Noriko, Umi, and edited Tomoka.

The new event, Idol Game Festival, is one of my favorite kind of events! I really need that Arisa card!!
I'm interested in the fact that they put Tales references in ML now. w

Well, there WAS this:

Namco in general just LOVES having their franchises cameo in one another.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #214 on: September 05, 2014, 04:56:57 am »
Namco in general just LOVES having their franchises cameo in one another.

Just think of them as cosplaying. They'll be otaku before you know it. ^_^;
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

chaos176

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 05, 2014, 08:24:31 am »
Thanks for all these translations, chaos176! I've been having a tough time getting into ML because its wiki and tvtropes pages were sparse, but the info you've provided is really making more interested in it.
I'm glade you find ML interesting as I really want ML to become more famous on the west.

As a heads up, I updated the TvTropes character page with info for Yuriko, Noriko, Umi, and edited Tomoka.

I notice some mistake on tomoka tvtropes page.

I can't find any source that Tomoka called her female fan a puppy. Nor can I find any part of Marie trap mentioned how men are inferior. And I don't think the all about me trope belong there, her affection to her fans seem to be a real thing as implied through a few event dialogue.

I'm also found translation of Marie trap lyric on this site wiki to be inaccurate as well, though I don't think my English is good enough to translated a song lyric.

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 05, 2014, 12:50:58 pm »
I'm also found translation of Marie trap lyric on this site wiki to be inaccurate as well, though I don't think my English is good enough to translated a song lyric.
What parts? You can just post here and I'll post them on the wiki if It's good enoigh.

chaos176

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 05, 2014, 02:37:05 pm »
What parts? You can just post here and I'll post them on the wiki if It's good enoigh.

Well, most of it actually. I can only give you a very rough and literally translation though, someone that better at English will have to polish it.

囚われのマリア様
崇められるほどに自由を失った

should be something along the line of

the imprisoned Marie who has been worship to the point of losing her freedom

やめて 惑わせて
来ないで 抱きしめて
聞かせて 言わせて
終わらせて 動かして
愛してる

this part should be

stop, let's me deceive you
don't come, embrace me
let's me hear it, let's me said it
let's end it, please made it move (as in to made it continue, opposite of her previous line)
I love you

綺麗でしょう 強いでしょう
さぁ汚してみせて
貴方にとって唯のマリアで善いわ
幻を 永遠を 抱くように求めてよ
罠と知らずに

should be

are't I beautiful? are't I strong?
try to defiled me
I'll gladly be your's only Maria
(you) yearn for the illusion and eternity
without knowing that it's a trap

「退屈な疑いは 未来を産まないよ」と
貴方は優しいのに 側にはいてくれない

should be

[A boring skepticism won't give birth to the future]
you are kind, yet you won't stay at my side.

完璧とは終わりのことよ
完成とは絶望のことよ
眩しさの裏は冥界の様
月に見下されている様
凍った心のまま貴方が欲しい
美しいままで乱れてみたい
嘘を愛して貰いたい
嘘を見抜いて貰いたい
信じないで

should be

A perfection is the end
a completion is the despair
what lie behind the brightness is like the underworld
The moon look down on us
I want you while my heart stay frozen
I want to become (disarray? disturbances? don't sure which one is more appropriate, crazy or mad might work too) while stay beautiful 
I want you to love my lie
I want you to see through my lie
Please don't believe (in my lie)

叫ぶ胸は 貴方の背で震えた
嫌よ どこにも行かないで

my heart (that cried out? shouting?) is tremble at you back
Please don't go anywhere

傷ついて 傷つけた
理性は雲の向こう
硝子の仮面は割れ マリアも泣いた
欺かれ 欺いて 二人は闇で気付く
「罠だった…」

hurt and be hurt
the reason (as in the ability to reasoning) is lie hidden behind the could
the mask of glass had shattered. even Maria is crying
deceived and deceiving we noticed in the dark
[it's a trap...]

兎の歌 蝶が躍る
夢に溶けてく
これは醒めない レクイエム

should be

The butterfly dance to the rabbit's song
melted into the dream
this is a requiem that (you? us?) won't awake  from

表裏の濁りさえもマリアは許す
裏切りも 愛してく 茨の鎖を背負う
もう戻れない愛の罠に
狂わせて…

should be

Marie shall forgive even the impurity of both side
She'll love even a betray and will bear the chain of thorn.
drive me mad at the trap of love (that it's impossible to returned from)

and that all part that I'm sure it wrong.  if anyone noticed error in my translation. please noticed me.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 05:34:27 pm by chaos176 »

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 05, 2014, 04:59:24 pm »
Alright, I'll do it once I get back from school.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 05, 2014, 05:01:06 pm »
I'm glade you find ML interesting as I really want ML to become more famous on the west.

I notice some mistake on tomoka tvtropes page.

I can't find any source that Tomoka called her female fan a puppy. Nor can I find any part of Marie trap mentioned how men are inferior. And I don't think the all about me trope belong there, her affection to her fans seem to be a real thing as implied through a few event dialogue.

I'm on the same boat. I want ML to get some attention around here, especially after a year passed and people have gotten over it by now.

As for Tomoka, I have found some translations here (http://millionlive.wikia.com/wiki/Tenkubashi_Tomoka) that refer to puppies, so that's fine. I can edit All About Me to be a subversion as its assumed at first but ultimately she does care for others. I'll do that once I get home as well as add in more info that comes up throughout the day.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

chaos176

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 05, 2014, 05:15:24 pm »
I'm on the same boat. I want ML to get some attention around here, especially after a year passed and people have gotten over it by now.

As for Tomoka, I have found some translations here (http://millionlive.wikia.com/wiki/Tenkubashi_Tomoka) that refer to puppies, so that's fine. I can edit All About Me to be a subversion as its assumed at first but ultimately she does care for others. I'll do that once I get home as well as add in more info that comes up throughout the day.

I'm just take a look around that wiki and found so much mistake, for example that quote about puppies, what she really mean is that if producer don't work seriously she will set a dog on him (alternately, she could mean that she will persuade him to do it seriously, but knowing Tomoka it's would most likely be the former).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 05:42:55 pm by chaos176 »

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 05, 2014, 06:05:04 pm »
I'll do a run through of Maria Trap later! I think our translation was grabbed from the ML wiki.

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 05, 2014, 08:24:32 pm »
Hm. Let's check the rest of LTP 01 and PRETTY DREAMER because those are grabbed from the ML wiki, too.

chaos176

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 06, 2014, 11:42:35 am »
Finally finished Matsuri-hime.

Tokugawa Matsuri (徳川まつり)
Height: 163 cm
Weight: 44kg
B-W-H: 85.0cm / 59.0cm / 85.0cm
Birthday: 4 February (Aquarius)
Blood type: AB
Handedness: Right
Hobby: collecting manga
Special skill: acting
Like: grilled marshmallow, Nudibranch
An 19 year old girl who like to called herself a hime(princess).

Matsuri is another complex case. She had a rather…colorful personality. She always talked in a fancy way. Refer herself in third person (Matsuri, Matsuri-hime, or just Hime). Act like a cheerful and innocent princess, oblivious to the way of the world. But she also had talent in…pretty much everything she tries her hand on. For example, in soccer event she do a hat trick with a knuckle shot, in baseball she do a homerun and triple play while claiming that she didn’t anything about baseball. In cycling race event she takes the lead while humming and don’t even drop a sweat.

What she normally talk like.

Yet, there is some hint that not what she really is, that she had much more deep than just an innocent princess image she always act like.

"Producer-san When Hime let's the lantern float away, It's feel like Hime's wish will reach the sea. ...Ho? what did...Hime wish for? ...The happiness of my important friends and you...I guess"

Firstly, while she always acts oblivious, she actually always observed her surrounding, and always takes care of her fellow idol. Like how she worried about Megumi who always prefers to let’s her friend shine while she support them form shadow, and advice her that it’s possible to take more spotlight while still helping her friends. She also directs producer attention to an idol that needs it.

And about how she doing great at everything while calming that she just does it normally, there are some hints that she actually trains herself very hard beforehand (though, that don’t make her achievement any less amazing). And she might be force herself to act fine while she actually very tired.

"It was such a fun festival right? producer-san. Ho? It's very fun? that a bravo! then ... my effort didn't go to waste then."

Finally, about her princess image, that most likely to be just an act. when producer get close to her and she start to open her heart to him, she’ll drop that act sometime. When that happens, her way of talking will become more normal and mature (from “Matsuri-hime” to just “I”). It can be assumed that Matsuri is a very wise, matured and caring girl who for whatever reason decides to act like an innocent princess. (Though with her special skill: acting some fan thinks that it might actually be the other way around)

A glimpse of what she really is

Matsuri also don’t like to talk about her family name (Tokugawa, which is the same as the family that rule Japan as the shogun from the end of sengoku era to the end of edo era (almost 300 years), which made fan think that she might be a descendant of this family) said that it not important.

her saying her full name might be a sight that she start to open her heart to producer.

"Producer-san, the last song is a quiet and heartfelt song. it's for my important fan and  to the gentle you who melt the snow in my heart...."

Matsuri also had one little sister, who she seem to love very much, as reveled in summer festival event dialogue that she catch all goldfish in catch the goldfish stand for her sister.

According to her in game conversation with Emily, Matsuri currently live in “foreign land 30-mintue away from the office by train”. And her room is full of manga which she regard as a bravo! textbook.

Matsuri regard Tenkubashi Tomoka as her equal and rival.

In fandom Matsu, with her almost superhuman talent at everything, is regarded as god-tired character (or a final boss) that can be used in both serious and comedy situation.

Matsuri along with Tanaka Kotoha, Toyokawa Fuuka and Emily Stewart made a cameo at the end of The movie.

(I'm also heard that Shibuya Rin made a cameo somewhere too, but can't find any pic)

It's take me quite a long time to write about her. since she is a complex character. and I want to get everything as right as I can. I'm hope that I just accomplished that. but if anyone notice any error, please notice me.

on an unrelated note about current event (Idol game festival) : Karen seem to really have a smell fetish, she ask producer to let's her smell his scent since it clam her down, the lingering smell in his handkerchief can rise her tension to the max anytime. also, the developer give more fuel to HarukaxKaren shipper with Karen keep a ribbon that Haruka gave to her as a lucky charm, and want to show Haruka that she can do very well in a dance game.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 11:52:53 am by chaos176 »

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 06, 2014, 07:14:06 pm »
Making me love Matsuri more than I already do! I'll get onto editing her section as soon as I get home because errands.

As for Rin's cameo, I can probably find a good picture online.

Maybe Nao and Minako could be next to finish off the movie crew and Kotoha and Elena to round off their unit with Megumi. Sorry if this is too much.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator