Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER: Million Live!  (Read 175974 times)

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER: Million Live!
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2013, 06:24:45 am »
Maybe not for 3, but they will have to start anew eventually, as there's only so much you can do with one cast.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 06:41:17 am by ninjamitsuki »

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2013, 06:43:06 am »
Well look at Evangelion.

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2013, 04:21:43 pm »
Implying that any of the iDOLM@STER spin offs aren't killing 765 pro. I like how the backlash of ML seems well spoken but yet I barely seen any grief for CG.

CG's story goes more or less like this: CG started out as something fans were indifferent to. They don't exactly hate it, but they weren't quick to like it, either. At the opening months, they have to rely on the 765 idols' name to boost interest to it; the starter rares were the 765, the invitational campaigns offered 765 idols, some comp gachas (while they were still around) have one of the 765 for the S Rare, etc.

Eventually and over time, people were focusing on the original idols, mostly on some populars like Anzu, Kirari, Jougasaki sisters, basically those who got Cinderella Masters now, but still the focus was on the originals. It perhaps came to the point where they no longer need the 765 to boost CG's name, and more focus came to the originals. All of that, however, didn't happen overnight. I assume it took CG eight to ten months for them to reach this state in their popularity.

I believe it is possible for ML to achieve the success of CG. But as you may have guessed, it's gonna take time. And they've only been around for a few months, so they're obviously not there yet. What makes their situation different from CG is that ML have a bigger budget spent on it, so they obviously need ML to do just as well as CG now. I'm assuming that's not the case, since some people feel that ML is being forced into them, and that feeds the paranoia we've been talking about. In my opinion, perhaps Namco got way in over their heads with this. This isn't a business perspective, but I think the best route for them to take the sleeper hit route again and, like in CG before, focus more on ML originals.

Even though a lot of the Cindrella Girls' personalities are very simple stereotypes.

Well, if an idol's popular enough, they flesh her out. This is the case when an idol gets new cards in the game, so their cards look more or less like a story.

Either way I am probably the only person in the world who wants new idols. It's just... I want something fresh.

I hear you. But while it's perhaps a good bet to use popular characters to add to 765's cast, Namco might just make new idols and introduce them the way Project Fairy was introduced to us.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2013, 05:59:53 pm »
Well look at Evangelion.

Yeah and their cast is even smaller.

Maybe not for 3, but they will have to start anew eventually, as there's only so much you can do with one cast.

I think that maybe they will eventually, but they have to do it slowly.
I just don't want to see our idols ever "graduate".  :'(

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2013, 12:44:22 am »

I think that maybe they will eventually, but they have to do it slowly.
I just don't want to see our idols ever "graduate".  :'(

Ahaha, you said the g-word.  I didn't want to be the one to bring it up, but now that the topic has been broached... I'll say it, it is inevitable, and it will hurt.  The passage of time makes it so.  I'm not saying I want it to happen- on the contrary, I don't want to let go.

Imas relies on voice actresses instead of just faces, which I think has helped to grant the franchise a longevity that most real idol groups would envy.  But because of that, there are certain voices that are frankly, irreplaceable.  (I'm still not fond of how Yukiho turned out.)  So I suppose they might start phasing out characters rather than casting replacement actresses.  I'm sure fans of the first few to go will make a horrible screech.  Or perhaps they might turn over everyone at once in favor of a new "generation".  Neither sounds fun.

This thread is the first time I've seen Imas criticized here in any form, so now that the door has been opened... *wedges foot in door*.  I've always been a little wary of Cinderella Girls, that patchislot game, and whatever Million Live is.  Cell phone and pachislot games... I guess Namco Bandai couldn't be satisfied with what they were getting so they had to push and push... did they push too far?  I've always been impressed with the effort Namco Bandai put into their main franchise... the songs, the skits, the character designs... not so much this other stuff.  I think they've been cribbing a few too many trends from the real life industry.  Super huge groups, tickets in CDs, yeesh.

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2013, 05:25:52 am »
Ahaha, you said the g-word.  I didn't want to be the one to bring it up, but now that the topic has been broached... I'll say it, it is inevitable, and it will hurt.  The passage of time makes it so.  I'm not saying I want it to happen- on the contrary, I don't want to let go.

For what it's worth, with the amount of development we got in Im@s 2, I'd say there's still a few things that the original idols can do. The narrative seemed quite hands off, and there weren't that many commus. And don't get me started about the amount of new content without buying DLC...

But eh... if they announce another full blown Im@s game, I'm just prepared for the moment they say they've got an entirely new cast. I've kinda resigned myself to it at this point. However, I think it's about impossible for them to have a 48-idol cast (taking ML's example 'cause they've got the fewer idols), simply because 48 main characters is simply too much to put in one game. So, something's gotta give - at best maybe some faces from each, plus some new ones might be called for, if they're not going back to the original cast. That's an if, though, a big if, and really, do we have enough information to be guessing like that yet?

... Well, we're fans. We'll do it no matter what. ^^

Although thinking about it, DLC characters would... what? Extend the life of a single game? And they've split games like in SP... but that's still 48 characters.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2013, 05:39:25 am »
The next generation of consoles could be really powerful, though, so who knows. Maybe they could add a considerable amount of new idols without replacing the old idols and upsetting fans, while also pleasing those wanting something new.

There's also the idea of having two opposing versions of the game. I actually made a post about my dream iDOLM@STER game that would use that as a gimmick on Tumblr: http://ninjamitsuki.tumblr.com/post/48066832967/an-awesome-pipe-dream-i-came-up-with-for-idolm-ster-3

It's a fan idea but I think the basic gist of having two separate games with rival agencies could be cool.

Either way in a new game I would like to see more interaction between the idols, in fact I think that could be a great way to make things fresh in iM@S 3 with the same cast. I'm going to add that to my wishlist in "Things you want in a future installment".
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:52:45 am by ninjamitsuki »

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2013, 05:17:59 am »
Okay, so here's what I've seen the ML events around.

April 24: The release of the CD "Thank You!".
April 25: Showdown!! Idol Castle! Million Live event

Lastly, I'm not sure if the wiki editors of the ML section are seeing this, but I have seen this site that could help with expanding that section: http://www.millionlive.com/

RisingStar

• I'll do my best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2013, 02:42:40 pm »
THE iDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER PERFORMANCE 03 revealed!
Release date: 6/26/2013

It's Hibiki with Mirai Kasuga, Fuka Toyokawa, Anna Mochizuki, and Nao Yokoyama!

RisingStar

• I'll do my best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2013, 03:23:35 pm »
Preview of Shizuka's song, "Precious Grain", is up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsAfp5wIk5Q&list=WL8D17DC2A6CC727DC

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2013, 07:35:59 pm »
Tomoka's song is amazing.

For mostly newbies, this cast is really good, I gotta say.

Neko-P

• Just another fan. Sort of.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2013, 05:03:06 am »
THE iDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER PERFORMANCE 03 revealed!
Release date: 6/26/2013

It's Hibiki with Mirai Kasuga, Fuka Toyokawa, Anna Mochizuki, and Nao Yokoyama!

I'm looking foreward to Nao, and I'm curious what they'll do with Haruklone Mk. III Mirai's song, but not super excited about the batch.

I like the songs so far, though I'm having trouble keeping up with idol names. Which is surprising to me, since I've only rarely had trouble with CGirl names. I only remembered a handful-ish of ML names, and then only of the idols I liked. And Mirai, but then I just remember her as the "generic everygirl" of ML. And an unneccessary one at that, since ML has Haruka still, but whatever...

RisingStar

• I'll do my best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2013, 02:52:40 pm »
Serika and Yuriko's previews are out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTQ3xo0lmI8

idolfanaticV1

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2013, 07:38:01 pm »
They've announced the next disc.
The iDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER PERFORMANCE 04 will be released on 7/31/2013.

Chihaya's the main 765 girl with Shiho Kitazawa, Kotoha Tanaka , and Megumi Tokoro as the others. 

Neko-P

• Just another fan. Sort of.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2013, 11:10:33 pm »
They've announced the next disc.
The iDOLM@STER LIVE THE@TER PERFORMANCE 04 will be released on 7/31/2013.

Chihaya's the main 765 girl with Shiho Kitazawa, Kotoha Tanaka , and Megumi Tokoro as the others.

Only three other girls...? And still no Sayooko?