Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER: Million Live!  (Read 178047 times)

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER: Million Live!
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2013, 09:35:15 pm »
I really like these new character since they blend in well with the existing canon.

But I'm really curious about their singing voices more than anything. This is iDOLM@STER after all. I just wanna hear them sing. X_X

Here's hoping they appear in a future main installment, or at the very least get CDs. It would be so amazing if we got a new full iDOLM@STER game with brand new idols. It would be amazing if I could coordinate brand new characters and voices *_*

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 09:59:31 pm by ninjamitsuki »

Neko-P

• Just another fan. Sort of.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2013, 01:22:36 am »
... Why does Julia's bust grow so much between street and stage clothes? It does little to make the stage clothes version mesh with her concept and signature.

My current faves are now (or at least, the ones I'd want to use in a unit or, if I ever apply myself, a fanfic): Sayoko, Miya, Akane, and either Nao or Minako. (I want to write a four-member unit, and I can't decide if the dance-heavy girl should be Nao or Minako... Leaning Nao right this second, but Minako's so cute...)

I feel like there should have been an "all-around" category. (Character? Tension? Average?) Mostly because the trio that they always seem to push is Haruka, Chihaya, and Miki, but in Million Live that's a group of two vocals and one visual, which seems... unbalanced. (On the other hand, PF is balanced with 1 of each, while RK is two vocal and one visual. Two visuals with Ritsuko.) I would have put Haruka there, as well as maybe Yayoi (moving the twins to Dance) and Yukiho (moving Iori to Visual). As for new girls to put there, maybe Neo-Haruka Mirai, Arisu, Akane, Subaru, Yuriko, and one of the Lolis. (Maybe one more from each section to even things out? Those were the two from each category who stood out to me.)

Also, am I the only one who didn't know that Iori was vocal...? I always thought she was visual-oriented. Similarly, I though the twins were dance, and that Azusa was visual. (I never knew what to think of Ritsuko, and Yukiho as visual is something I didn't think of, but makes sense in retrospect.) Then again, I was really only aware that Chihaya and Takane were high-vocal, Makoto and Hibiki were high-dance, and that Miki was high-visual. (Which makes me ask: who was the high-visual idol before Miki...?) Then, this isn't the first time I disagreed with typing. *CoughCinderellaGirlCough* Seriously, Yukiho should be Cute, Yayoi Passion, Makoto Cool, Azusa either Cute or where she is, Iori Cute, Hibiki Passion...

Chance4U

• All for one, and two for tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2013, 03:54:27 am »
Also, am I the only one who didn't know that Iori was vocal...? I always thought she was visual-oriented. Similarly, I though the twins were dance, and that Azusa was visual. (I never knew what to think of Ritsuko, and Yukiho as visual is something I didn't think of, but makes sense in retrospect.) Then again, I was really only aware that Chihaya and Takane were high-vocal, Makoto and Hibiki were high-dance, and that Miki was high-visual. (Which makes me ask: who was the high-visual idol before Miki...?)

Iori has been VI for as long as I can remember and the Futami twins have been pretty much strictly DA oriented. Azusa is mainly VI with a comparable VO stat. Ricchan was practically the "Mario" of the game, with high stats all around. Iori was the big VI before Miki with Ricchan and Azusa close behind.

I don't like the VIDAVO changes much either, but there's been worse.

The 876 idols would have fit in with MILLION LIVE... I can't help but feel sad that they didn't make an appearance.
"An idol's job is to carry everybody's dreams. They're supposed to use song and dance to make people happy. When the famous idols I know appear on TV or do concerts... That alone makes the audiences watching them smile. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO BE AN IDOL TOO..."
   - Ai Hidaka, THE IDOLM@STER DEARLY STARS Splash Red

Neko-P

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2013, 06:16:11 am »
Iori has been VI for as long as I can remember and the Futami twins have been pretty much strictly DA oriented. Azusa is mainly VI with a comparable VO stat. Ricchan was practically the "Mario" of the game, with high stats all around. Iori was the big VI before Miki with Ricchan and Azusa close behind.

I don't like the VIDAVO changes much either, but there's been worse.

The 876 idols would have fit in with MILLION LIVE... I can't help but feel sad that they didn't make an appearance.

So... I was right...?

So in a perfect(-ish) world: (Spoilered for rambling/generally not-being-useful-ness)
New "All-Around"/"Character": Haruka, Ritsuko, Yayoi
Updated Dance: Hibiki, Makoto, Ami, Mami
Updated Visual: Iori, Miki, Yukiho
Updated Vocal: Chihaya, Takane, Azusa

Azusa in vocal doesn't bother me as much, since, as you said, she was also pretty good in the vocal stat. Plus, it's kinda needed for balance. Dividing the 37 new girls, though, may be a problem... Unless we add 876 to make it an even(ly divisible by 4) 40 to sort out...? But that might be a problem when Ami and Mami take up two character slots, meaning we would maybe need 39 instead...? (Cut Ryo so that he can be a male idol...? Would alleviate his not being in Dance, as well...) So with Ai in Vocal and Eri in Visual, we'd need one more new girl in "Character" than in the others, but I don't think that's a problem.

Distribution of new girls + Ai and Eri (Last two bolded)
Character: Mirai, Arisu, Akane, Emily, Subaru, Konami, Rio, Yuriko, Shiho, Iku
Dance: Tamaki, Reika, Elena, Noriko, Nao, Minako, Umi, Mizuki, Ayumu
Visual: Eri, Tsubasa, Megumi, Fuuka, Matsuri, Chizuru, Miya, Karen, Momoko, Roco
Vocal: Ai, Hinata, Shizuka, Tomoka, Serika, Sayoko, Anna, Julia, Kotoha, Kana

... so, basically, the girls with weaker ties to their type (Rio had hobbies that sounded more Visual-oriented, Akane's only claim to dance was being energetic, etc.) or that seemed more well-rounded (Mirai as a Haruka-clone, Arisu is a huge fan of all things idol, etc.) moved to the new type, and the others stayed. Some stayed despite my wanting to move them because I wanted to keep them roughly where they were (so no former dance idols in vocal) for the sake of numbers; every category has exactly 13 idols under this classification system.

Not sure where Jupiter (and Ryo) would fall, though, since we haven't seen their stats (minus Ryo); Rough guess (balanced for Ryo, as the only four male idols in the games): Hokuto VI, Shouta DA, Touma CH or VO; Ryo would probably pick up CH to balance, and because he would probably be super-excited about being a male idol, with Touma having VO. Ryo and Shouta may switch the CH and DA, but it's doubtful; Ryo never did a backflip. Also why I'd consider Touma for CH for his all-rounded-ness, but Ryo isn't really VO, and this whole thing was made to make things closer to the games, so...

So we can all agree that the social games may have a good job of making new characters, but they do poorly at categorizing the old ones.

Chance4U

• All for one, and two for tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2013, 01:21:46 pm »
So... I was right...?

So we can all agree that the social games may have a good job of making new characters, but they do poorly at categorizing the old ones.

According to the stats I've found, I completely agree particularly about Jupiter and Ryo .

MILLION LIVE IS OFFICIALLY OPEN.
"An idol's job is to carry everybody's dreams. They're supposed to use song and dance to make people happy. When the famous idols I know appear on TV or do concerts... That alone makes the audiences watching them smile. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO BE AN IDOL TOO..."
   - Ai Hidaka, THE IDOLM@STER DEARLY STARS Splash Red

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2013, 02:40:43 pm »
Well, the game is region-locked. Unless an app variation is released (I didn't see one on iTunes), then there's no way to access the game from outside Japan unless you can spoof your location.

http://i.imgur.com/WbgowQn.png
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:01:54 pm by Daverost »

Yunabeco

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Chihaya appreciator.
    • View Profile
    • Project-iM@S
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2013, 04:10:47 pm »
French IP/region/language, Chrome Beta browser/UA, SGS2, and a Gmail address (I am completely serious). Chrome PC still fails with Piyo-chan pouting most of the time about unsupported terminals, but that particular screen got lucky.
Oh, and voices didn't work with Chrome Beta, but audio issues are known with that. Might work with the stock browser, haven't tested.
Now, where do I learn Japanese.

Some assets directly from the horses's mouth server:

EDIT 1/2: It's technically region-locked since you indeed need a JP GREE account to access it (or get that, yeah, it's getting pretty cold here), but contrary to popular belief you don't need an approved phone e-mail or phone number to get one. Just perform the registration on a Japanese IP. It can even be in English. Click the link in the e-mail, just go back to games.gree.net when it wants your phone number, and confirm the account you're now logged in is locked to Japan in Settings/Profile/Living in. You can now use any IP to log in and play. Though this may be subject to change pretty damn soon (remember Mobage).

EDIT 3: Addendum+Erratum, Chrome PC actually works real fine. Better than on my SGS2. Kotori no longer talks shit about my browser after switching to the UA I use on my phone, clearing all gree/bn765 cookies and logging in through gree.net.
I had to use the Developer Tools User-Agent override (Ctrl-Shift-I, lower right settings button) instead of the User-Agent switcher extension which stopped working for no apparent reason. Ticked "Emulate touch events" too, which is apparently needed for voices (tap unmute, tap on idol and give it a couple seconds). Don't forget to switch it on every time; the Developer Tools settings are only active for the current tab.

I didn't see anything yet about goodies unlocked through phone confirmation. Actually, I don't see anything about a phone anywhere in the Settings, and the confirmation link doesn't work anymore. That's a shame. Since it had all countries, I want to try it now.

If you want to give all your money to Scamco, it's now possible. Paypal is accepted and works, even with another Paypal e-mail and country.

Well, now that pretty much everything works, I believe that ends my research. At least until bn765.com/gree.net starts to crack down on the filthy white pigs we are.

EDIT 4/5: See pastebin.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:53:24 pm by Yunabeco »

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2013, 04:17:41 pm »
I'm interested in playing this, but is it like CG where you can't play 85% of the game if you're not verified?

Yunabeco

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Chihaya appreciator.
    • View Profile
    • Project-iM@S
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2013, 10:42:28 pm »
As of now I haven't been stopped by a "phone verification needed" screen, nor can I actually verify myself in the settings.

Then again, I didn't dig very deep. Worked until Lv9, got all gifts without any problem, gave Scamco some of my lunch money left on my Paypal account, used it for gashas and random GREE stuff.

rin fans

• mika i like you so much
    • View Profile
    • reblogx19
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2013, 12:05:02 am »
I'm interested in playing this, but is it like CG where you can't play 85% of the game if you're not verified?

it's a good game to say at least....

but unfortunately to me my view on ML is skeptical and jaded thanks by the fact i was tainted by Japanese fandom complaint and bashing for ML
i am still rin fans but by now i like mika much more

Neko-P

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2013, 12:28:48 am »
but unfortunately to me my view on ML is skeptical and jaded thanks by the fact i was tainted by Japanese fandom complaint and bashing for ML

... they are? I'm not surprised, to be honest; after all, this is the fandom that broke game discs for Jupiter's inclusion. But, I figured that, after the good reception of Cinderella girls, this would be somewhat well-received... At the very least, a little more neutrally. Bad reception does explain the lack of fanart, though... ( I mean, we've had the girls revealed for a little while now, I'd expect at least a little. I think even Jupiter had some art soon after their reveal...)

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2013, 02:18:54 am »
anyone have any VPN recommendations? the one i'm trying to use keeps giving me the 619 and 800 errors and it wont let me connect. and no one else seems to be having this problem 8I

rin fans

• mika i like you so much
    • View Profile
    • reblogx19
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2013, 09:59:14 am »
anyone have any VPN recommendations? the one i'm trying to use keeps giving me the 619 and 800 errors and it wont let me connect. and no one else seems to be having this problem 8I
use this link :http://leafre.net/japanese-maplestory-80/how-get-free-high-speed-japanese-vpn-quickly~-17559/

well if you interested (probably not...) i can tell you the Japanese fandom  comment on ML (read:the complaint and bashing) to make us aware ML future may be not bright us we previously thought 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:07:44 am by rin fans »
i am still rin fans but by now i like mika much more

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2013, 01:11:36 pm »
I'm kinda surprised that they're not taking to ML. Was this a problem pre-launch? If so, I guess they wanted 765 to remain an exclusive club or something. I am a little put off by them adding so many idols to 765. Seems like they should have had a partner production or something so that you can use the original 765 idols and still have new ones.

That said, though, I have no problems with the characters we got. They've been given some fantastic treatment (idol art, casual art, voices), so this has been a pretty exciting thing for me.

empressdonna

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2013, 02:03:18 pm »
I finally got it all working apart from images breaking now and again, and I have to say I do like the look of the cards (I don't know why but I do).

I suppose my only issue right now is that I can't have it on the go like with Cinderella Girls but I can deal with that for now.