Username: Password:

Author Topic: REM@STER lyrics  (Read 1458 times)

Chance4U

• All for one, and two for tea!
    • View Profile
REM@STER lyrics
« on: January 10, 2013, 04:49:59 am »
A lot of the REM@STER versions of the songs have very... different lyrics.
Positive REM@STER-A, Ohayou!! Asagohan REM@STER-A, and Do-Dai REM@STER-B all have significant dialogue changes and those are just the few I caught... I don't know Japanese at all, but I know these do things the original songs never did...

Do we need to put these in the lyrics as REM@STER version lyrics, or even just put them under the main lyrics section? The only problem with the second idea is Positive... Every other line is an interjection by Azusa, so it may be easier to put them in the main lyrics as a different color...?

I dunno...
"An idol's job is to carry everybody's dreams. They're supposed to use song and dance to make people happy. When the famous idols I know appear on TV or do concerts... That alone makes the audiences watching them smile. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO BE AN IDOL TOO..."
   - Ai Hidaka, THE IDOLM@STER DEARLY STARS Splash Red

Yodudes0

• View Profile
Re: REM@STER lyrics
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 06:17:35 am »
A lot of the REM@STER versions of the songs have very... different lyrics.
Positive REM@STER-A, Ohayou!! Asagohan REM@STER-A, and Do-Dai REM@STER-B all have significant dialogue changes and those are just the few I caught... I don't know Japanese at all, but I know these do things the original songs never did...

Do we need to put these in the lyrics as REM@STER version lyrics, or even just put them under the main lyrics section? The only problem with the second idea is Positive... Every other line is an interjection by Azusa, so it may be easier to put them in the main lyrics as a different color...?

I dunno...

I just listened to Do-Dai REM@STER-B while following along with the lyrics. The only difference is a speaking line that Chihaya has after Hibki says "Nani ga dame de nani ga tokui katte
Hontou wa jibun ga ichiban shitterundayo ne."
There are also many lines from the original that are not in the REM@STER.

I think with songs that have multiple versions the extra lines do not official lyrics, so there is no way to be certain of what the lyrics are. Even if people listen, it's easy to mistake words for something else, and it's happened before.

Another reason could be that talking in the songs often does not have official lyrics. A good example of this is the song "ID: [OL]".
Lyrics here: http://www.project-imas.com/wiki/ID:%EF%BC%BBOL%EF%BC%BD
Song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHFdfeblGA8

I'm not 100% sure if this is correct, so someone who knows more about this than I do might want to clear this up.

Tamara

• Greenhorn
  • Shiiiiiiiny.
    • View Profile
Re: REM@STER lyrics
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 10:21:33 pm »
Typically, any lyrics that aren't in the original version are put in a separate table. Putting them in the main lyric table is certainly a no-go.

Personally, I'd like to have transcriptions of those parts on the wiki, even if there's a chance they're incorrect, but... well, someone who actually knows Japanese would have to do it. A romaji transcription wouldn't be terribly helpful.

(Some parts might already be transcribed, though, such as Chihaya's solo inferno dialogue.)