Username: Password:

Author Topic: Song questions...  (Read 1117 times)

Chance4U

• All for one, and two for tea!
    • View Profile
Song questions...
« on: January 08, 2013, 04:47:59 am »
1) "THE IDOLM@STER ANIM@TION MASTER 05" and "THE IDOLM@STER 7th ANNIVERSARY 765PRO ALLSTARS Minna to Issho!!"  both feature medleys made up of songs from the games and CD's, but most of the songs only include a few verses and a chorus... Is there a specific way to note this on the song page?

2) Is there a way to note if a recording is a M@STER version or game sized version on the song page?

3) Are we not allowed to list MASTER BOX recordings on the song page?

4) Is there a terminology page to explain the difference between a "Remix" and a "REM@STER" for newcomers... Or even give an explanation for what a "M@STER" version is?

5) What are the REMIX notations for the MASTER ARTIST 2 albums supposed to be? It varies between pages in both Japanese and English despite them all saying the same thing on the back...

Sorry for asking so many questions... I'll stop if you need me to... I'm going to go bury myself...
"An idol's job is to carry everybody's dreams. They're supposed to use song and dance to make people happy. When the famous idols I know appear on TV or do concerts... That alone makes the audiences watching them smile. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO BE AN IDOL TOO..."
   - Ai Hidaka, THE IDOLM@STER DEARLY STARS Splash Red

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Song questions...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 08:12:24 pm »
3) I personally think we shouldn't. MASTER BOX is just audio ripped from the games. I think only full master versions that were actually like recorded for the CD should be listed on the page. Same with question 2.

It's pretty misleading having not-M@STER recordings under recordings, since most people will assume it's listing all the full versions. Like someone could potentially think that Azusa and Makoto have a full version of Positive, when that version is just... the 2 minute one.

4) Maybe make a seperate page for remasters? Like I mean a page actually called "REM@STER" explaining the term. And link all remaster mentions to that. M@STER is easy enough to figure out imho. "Master version" is an actual term, iirc.

5) Those aren't even really remixes. They're more rearranges, with an existing part of the song [like drums or horns] pumped up more than in the un-"remix"ed version. Take furufuru future's remix, it's just a background singer from the original made a bit louder. They don't even have new vocals in most cases. Some of them are exactly the song. Why scamco lists them as remixes is beyond me. e____e "REMIX" is misleading, but it's the term that Namco uses, so I say keep it as Remix.