Username: Password:

Author Topic: Future of iM@S DS  (Read 9895 times)

RisingStar

• I'll do my best!
    • View Profile
Future of iM@S DS
« on: November 26, 2012, 03:23:56 pm »
Something that's been on my mind for a while now.

What does everyone think will happen with the DS cast? Each of their VAs are very popular and are most likely to not be able to devote time to recording CDs and concerts and such. What I think is that they'll strictly be part of a game and only record CDs pertaining to the game. I also hope that they will get an anim@s, which will somehow intertwine with the 765 Pro anim@s.

I just want to see if anyone else had an idea, and/or hopes, for those 3 wonderful idols. :)

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Future of iM@S DS
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 04:35:15 pm »
this ended up longer than I expected, but here goes...

With the anime appearance and DLC, I was sure something big was in store for them, but the last we've seen of 876 pro was Ryou as DLC a while ago. Knowing Scamco I doubt they'll let the cash cow go unmilked, but from what I've heard DS was really not successful. (didn't the lead of the project end up getting booted out of the company after Dearly Stars?) So they're probably hesitant.

I finally got to play DS a while back, and it's not a terrible game. I feel like most of faults come from the limitations of the DS itself. The story can get hokey at times, but the characters are likable. I ended up really liking Ai after actually playing as her, and I was sure I wouldn't like her. Eri still remains one of my favorite iM@S girls. The graphics are... what you'd expect from a DS game. My main problem with it was how it felt kind of... watered down? There weren't a lot of songs or costumes, which are my favorite part of the series, and auditions and gaining fans are nearly nonexistent. It feels like idolmaster lite, but it's more plot focused. It had a lot of potential, but when it came to gameplay it faltered a lot.

TL;DR I hope the 3DS and vita hold good things for 876 pro! DS was flawed but not unplayable and actually pretty fun, but I hope the girls [and boy] get a really good game. They deserve it and they have a sizable fan base.

For now, all we can do is hope, but I personally think they'll get a new game someday. Maybe one will be announced next week, maybe one will be announced in 4 years. They tend to announce the new games when the hype from the earlier major game dies down, and the ps3 idolmaster was released over a year ago. Then there's Shiny Festa, but that game seems more minor to me.

as an aside how cool would it be if they made a new dearly stars game and the CG idols were the rivals for that game

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 05:47:55 pm »
I hope the 876 girls can make a comeback. They're very charming.
I think a 3DS game might be in order since the graphics are nice enough to have a decent looking game.

RisingStar

• I'll do my best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 08:16:14 pm »
as an aside how cool would it be if they made a new dearly stars game and the CG idols were the rivals for that game

A thousand times, yes.

I think a 3DS game might be in order since the graphics are nice enough to have a decent looking game.

I don't think they'll switch from a Nintendo-based system for them, either. Maybe the Wii U? :)

Megane~Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 01:50:14 am »
I'm hoping for a new game for these characters! Maybe if they make one they could make characters like Yumeko and Cineria playable or something! ALSO! They need their own anime! I mean, seriously! You've got a trap, a former hikkimori, and the daughter of a famous idol! If no one can make an anime out of that...
Dango Dango Dango Dango Dango Daikazoku...

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 02:37:52 pm »
God, please don't make any iM@S games on Nintendo. Stupid Nintendo and their region-locking...

Megane~Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 05:17:18 pm »
God, please don't make any iM@S games on Nintendo. Stupid Nintendo and their region-locking...
It's not region locked, I can play it on mine, and mine's from America!
Dango Dango Dango Dango Dango Daikazoku...

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 05:35:15 pm »
The DSi onwards and the Wii are region locked. The only major platform that isn't locked are the PSP and PS3.

AweOfShe

• 真のアイドルマスター
    • View Profile
    • Streaming random games at random times, live.
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 07:17:48 pm »
It'd be pretty neat if they could make good use of the 3DS features for an 876 installment.
I could imagine some good use of the WiiU pad as well, if they decide to go that way.
NNID - Daioujou | 3DS FC - 0559 7548 8384
XBL/PSN/Steam - AweOfShe1

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 02:18:22 pm »
It's not region locked, I can play it on mine, and mine's from America!

As Maka said, anything from DSi on is locked. I have an original fat DS, so I can play iM@S DS on it, but if they make another iM@S game on a Nintendo system (be it 3DS or Wii U), you won't be able to play it unless you import a JP console.

Also, because iM@S DS has DSi features, the only DSi or 3DS that can play it is a JP one. The only way to play it on a non-JP DS is to get an original DS or a DS Lite.

Nintendo is really stupid for region-locking. Handhelds were traditionally not locked all the way up until DSi, and in a changing industry where the competition (Sony and Microsoft) aren't locking consoles (though with Microsoft, games are almost always locked by developers anyway, even if the console is region-free) and the only real handheld competition (Sony) isn't locking their systems, Nintendo is going backwards and ticking a lot of people off. A lot of people were upset with Wii, especially with Europe getting stuff NA wanted in English like The Last Story, Xenoblade, and Pandora's Tower. (We still haven't gotten the last one.) Nintendo clearly didn't learn their lesson with Wii U and a lot of people were ticked off as soon as the region lock announcement was made for it.

So yeah, no Nintendo systems, please. Anything that can be done on 3DS short of the 3D display can be done on Vita. Anything that can be done on the Wii U pad can also pretty much be done on Vita. (And heck, you can probably do some cool PS3/Vita stuff, too.) I want to play these games, but I can't afford to import expensive Japanese consoles for just a few games per gen.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 06:22:23 pm »
Not only that, it feels like Shiny Festa and PS3!imas2 getting so much more than 360!imas2 means that Namco is heading towards Sony anyways.

Dearly Stars was really their only Nintendo venture to date...

I'm not expecting a Nintendo platform game, and I don't want one because of the region locking :/

DJStarstryker

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 08:41:02 am »
Not only that, it feels like Shiny Festa and PS3!imas2 getting so much more than 360!imas2 means that Namco is heading towards Sony anyways.

Dearly Stars was really their only Nintendo venture to date...

I'm not expecting a Nintendo platform game, and I don't want one because of the region locking :/

The Japanese have never really cared for the Xbox 360. And since Bandai Namco has been switching to PS3 (it started before im@s 2 - they have done it with their Tales series and other games) for several years now, I honestly don't think we'll see any more Microsoft console games.

HOWEVER - the 3DS is doing much better in Japan than the Vita. It would be smart of them, if they're going to release another portable im@s game, to switch to Nintendo. And with Tobidase Dobutsu no Mori (aka Animal Crossing New Leaf) having dramatically increased 3DS sales in the past few weeks, it's just getting even smarter.
GIZA!

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
    • Check me out on Tumblr!
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 08:52:00 am »
An iDOLM@STER game on the Wii U would actually be really cool. The controller could be used like the Producer's cell phone or PDA where one could track fans in areas, save notes, track stats, or even talk to your idol through its screen, etc. I feel like an iM@S 3DS game could be made incorporating idols from Cinderella girls too...but Nintendo is terrible with its region-locking, so I agree, I'd rather have iM@S stick to Sony systems. I can barely afford to import the games let alone import a new Japanese system just to play them. I was very close to buying a JP360 before iM@S 2 was imported to the PS3, and my wallet  and soul thank me for not doing that. XD

Chance4U

• All for one, and two for tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 03:06:11 am »
With the anime appearance and DLC, I was sure something big was in store for them, but the last we've seen of 876 pro was Ryou as DLC a while ago. Knowing Scamco I doubt they'll let the cash cow go unmilked, but from what I've heard DS was really not successful. (didn't the lead of the project end up getting booted out of the company after Dearly Stars?) So they're probably hesitant.

It has been quite a long time since there was anything dealing with 876PRO, but they can't just be planning nothing for the Dearly Stars franchise...
They've consistently kept up with birthday art and their mangas. Besides, Catalogs 13, 14, and 15 are the songs they covered in the "DREAM SYMPHONY series". It just feels like too much of a coincidence to think that they don't have something planned...

The bad reaction to Jupiter may make the second part true (The CG idols were the rivals for that game). These new CG rivals would be well liked (by some fans, not all) for an appearance in a mainstream game, and the backlash would be a minimum. They kinda tested this with SHINY FESTA, because no one really complained to fighting any 876 or CG girls (or boy)... In fact, it actually sparked some interest...
"An idol's job is to carry everybody's dreams. They're supposed to use song and dance to make people happy. When the famous idols I know appear on TV or do concerts... That alone makes the audiences watching them smile. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO BE AN IDOL TOO..."
   - Ai Hidaka, THE IDOLM@STER DEARLY STARS Splash Red

RisingStar

• I'll do my best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 03:18:38 pm »
It has been quite a long time since there was anything dealing with 876PRO, but they can't just be planning nothing for the Dearly Stars franchise...
They've consistently kept up with birthday art and their mangas. Besides, Catalogs 13, 14, and 15 are the songs they covered in the "DREAM SYMPHONY series". It just feels like too much of a coincidence to think that they don't have something planned...

That's true. I want them to release DLC of the idols performing the songs from the game (HELLO!!, iDOLM@STER, relations) as well as the songs from the CDs.

And with the other idols of Dearly Stars, Cineria, Mai and Yumeko, would you think they have a chance at a playable/producable role?