Username: Password:

Author Topic: iDOLM@FIA - An on and offstage battle between the originals and the newcomers!  (Read 2983 times)

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
The life of an idol is a dangerous business, as tempers flare and ratings rise...

iDOLM@FIA - An offstage battle!
Project-iM@S' first Mafia game!

With the 40th week closing in fast, two production companies vie for the upper hand. 765Productions has recently come under threat of a new wave of idols, the Cinderella Girls. Failing to surpass the original idols of 765Pro, many of the Cinderella Girls have become growingly disgruntled and... violent. With a conflict on the horizon, ominously forewarned by the heavy storm pattering against the window, the idols gaze out at the dark sky hanging above the city before leaving the office after another busy day. Who will make it home, and who will survive the concert come dawn?
 --

All of you have been supplied with a private message, containing your role.

It is now NIGHT 1. The night phase will end when I recieve all of the commands, or in 48 hours.

You may now begin discussions in this thread, or through private messaging. You're also welcome to open a chat room or other means of communication; so long as you never screenshot or provide anything that could not have been easily editable. Good luck!

Resources:
The rules, and how to play!

The Town's roles:
Quote from: Bro
Bodyguard – Takane Shijuo
Dear zeda12123,

You are TAKANE SHIJUO.
Not only are you the most enigmatic of all the idols, you are also the tallest. Despite your stature however, you are often regarded as being very graceful and majestic, as well as wise and soft-spoken. Some might consider you a tad strange, however, and a few skeptics might even go as far to say you are not even of this planet… Despite that, you are known to be very fond towards children, and like to play and take care of them. You should seek out the Detective, Mami Futami, as soon as possible and keep her safe!

Once every night, you may PM Bro with the message “Night <#> – Protect <USER>”. The target will be protected from death that night. You cannot target yourself.
--
It’s advised that you try and find Mami as soon as possible, without giving yourself away, and protect her! She will be able to investigate the other idols and designate who should be lynched. But be wary! A clever Cinderella Girl might attempt to masquerade as the detective… Remember that you are a very valuable role. Good luck!
Sexy Girl Detective – Mami Futami
Dear Roswell,

You are MAMI FUTAMI
Though not to be confused with Ami Futami, you are both hyperactive and energetic girls. You are very silly, and love to play games with everyone. A favorite persona of yours is to imagine you are Mami Futami, the Sexy Girl Detective! Though you are sometimes brushed off, your curiosity and determination makes you a great inspector, especially when the other person plays along! Even without Ami, you might just be able to unite and save 765Productions!

Once every night, you may PM Bro with the message “Night <X> - Inspect <USER>”. You will receive the target’s role PM privately. You cannot target yourself. (Obviously.)
--
You are the most important town role, and it’s a big responsibility! It’s recommended that you reveal yourself as the Detective at the start of the game, so you can come in private contact with both the bodyguard and the pretty girl. If the bodyguard protects you, you can’t be killed during the night, giving you plenty of time to inspect the others and discover the Mafia. It’s important to remember that the Mafia can, and will, lie. Someone who claims to be the pretty girl might not necessarily be! Play cautiously, and good luck!
Pretty Girl – Miki Hoshii
Dear starfighter9,

You are MIKI HOSHII
You are one of the prettiest and most charming idols of 765Productions, even to go as far as being hailed “The Visual Queen”. That said, however, you are unfailingly lazy. Few people can motivate or convince you to do much work, and you are sometimes considered a slacker because of it. That’s probably not so far from the truth; with the exception being is that when you are really determined and apply yourself, you can achieve anything. Despite your work ethic, you are an indisputably attractive girl, and have a bit of a knack for… distracting people. Your large bust and ditzy personality has a way of pulling the attention of both genders, and you like the attention. Whether intentional or not, you’re a valuable asset to 765Pro, both on and off the stage.

Once every night, you may PM Bro with the message “Night <X> - Distract <USER>”. The target will be unable to complete their night action. You cannot target the same person more than two nights in a row. You cannot target yourself. (Obviously.)
--
It would be in your best interests to get in contact with the detective and bodyguard as soon as possible, so you don’t accidently distract them! The detective can also indicate targets for you. Good luck!

The Mafia's roles:
Mafia – Rin Shibuya
Dear Byuusan,

You are RIN SHIBUYA
While you have a contrasting, sullen personality, you are the Haruka of the Cinderella Girls, and you contend to take over her spot as the cover girl of the idol world! Ever since your debut, you have lived in 765Pro’s shadow and despite your slowly creeping popularity, can’t seem to overtake the originals. And you intend to do something about it. Though not naturally malicious, you are very determined to do what it takes to get ahead. You’ve also approached similarily disgruntled Cinderella Girl, Noa Takamine, help. You’re convinced that tonight is the night you take the spotlight!

Once every night, you may PM Bro with the message “Night <X> - Kill <USER>”. The target will be removed from the game, as well as have their role revealed to the town and their death announced. You are the only killer in this game.

Your fellow Cinderella Girl, Noa Takamine, is CynicalServant
--
Playing as the Mafia is always fun, but difficult. Though you do have the advantage of already knowing your team, the Town has more players, more votes, and more night actions than you. However, it’s not too difficult to win with the proper strategy and a bit of luck. It’s always difficult to advise someone how to play the Mafia role, but my own personal suggestion in such a small game like this would be to lie and claim a Towns role. The Towns roles have already been posted in the “Resources” section, but you might have to post a fake role PM to prove your innocence. Consider looking at the one you’ve already been provided and make one similar to that format. The role you guise as will likely call you out on it, but it will be your word against theirs. At least, until the Detective investigates one of you, or if you accidently kill the role you are masquerading as.

To be specific, I would recommend posing as Miki the Pretty Girl. If you can kill the Detective swiftly, no one will be able to officially disprove you. Alternatively, if you pose as the Inspector, you can pull a total reversal. I hope this makes sense, but if the Detective claims publicly and asks for the protection of the bodyguard, you can accuse them of lying and assert that you are the real detective. In the ensuing panic and confusion, it’s not too hard to tip the vote in your favor even if you less votes amongst your team. (It’s important to remember that you also get first kill, however. ;)) I don’t want to make the game too easy for you, however, even if I feel a lot of it will come down to luck. You have a lot of things to consider when playing Mafia, and it would be wise to study up on what the Town roles do and get in touch with your partner right away- Don’t forget about that. I hope this hasn’t been too complicating. If you want to play it safe and easy, you can always opt to lay low! All I can really say is good luck!
Mafia Miller – Noa Takamine

You are NOA TAKAMINE
And you are very similar to your sworn nemesis and knockoff, Takane Shijuo. While you both enjoy stargazing, have long silver hair, large bust, tall… You’re the older one! You’re the original! She’s mimicking you! While naturally much more mature, the subject of Takane and 765Pro has become especially sore with you. Despite your best efforts, you have been unable to overtake her in the ratings and it’s been driving you insane. To such lengths, in fact, that you would be willing to do anything to bury her… Without much effort, you can manage quite the convincing impression of Takane to sabotage her career, and even manage a near-flawless disguise if it’s dark enough. While this will certainly prove useful in the night, you are unpopular character. To your dismay, you are not only accused of mimicking Takane, (Which isn’t so far from the truth anymore, is it?) but also an admittedly unexceptional idol. Try as you might, you have no influence during the day and cannot manage to steal a single fan away from Takane or the rest. But you’ve been approached by fellow Cinderella Girl, Rin Shibuya, to do something about it. Desperate for a sense of individuality, you’ve agreed. Tonight, she leaves to strike the first blow to 765Pro.

If you are ever inspected during the night, you will reveal as Takane Shijuo:
Bodyguard – Takane Shijuo
Dear ,

You are TAKANE SHIJUO.
Not only are you the most enigmatic of all the idols, you are also the tallest. Despite your stature however, you are often regarded as being very graceful and majestic, as well as wise and soft-spoken. Some might consider you a tad strange, however, and a few skeptics might even go as far to say you are not even of this planet… Despite that, you are known to be very fond towards children, and like to play and take care of them. You should seek out the Detective, Mami Futami, as soon as possible and keep her safe!

Once every night, you may PM Bro with the message “Night <#> – Protect <USER>”. The target will be protected from death that night. You cannot target yourself.
However, while you can still vote, your vote will count as zero during the day.
Your fellow Cinderella Girl, Rin Shibuya, is Byuusan.
--
While you are the only player lacking a real night command, you are the only one with the capacity to lie convincingly. Not only do you inspect as Takane the bodyguard, but you can also display the provided role PM to any of the town members in a bid to win their trust. If you can convince someone to tell you who the other roles are, (Remember, you already know who your partner is, so everyone else is definitely an enemy!) you can better coordinate who you want to kill. If you feel it’s important to kill Miki the Pretty Girl first, ask around! The Town is unaware who their own team is, so it’s not too difficult to instill panic if you act quickly… Wait too long, however, and they will already have united! Take care when claiming to be Takane, however. You have identical role PM’s, but as soon as the real Takane is killed by your partner, you lose your alibi. And of course, the real Takane will accuse you of lying as well. Consider how you can use this to your advantage.

You might be a bit distraught at your loss of influence in the game considering you are the only one to lack not only a night action, but even a vote. Don’t worry! With coordination with your partner, you can trick the town to vote against itself and provoke distrust among them. Lie and fake whatever you need to cause confusion and divide. If you can keep 765Pro from uniting, you’ll have no problem winning the game. Play smart and good luck!

Player list:
CynicalServant
starfighter9
Byuusan
zeda12123
Roswell

I understand that this might be a bit confusing to new players, especially considering I'm a new host myself! So please, if you have any questions at all, please PM me and ask. I'd be more than happy to help clarify things, considering it's likely my fault for a bit of an inexperienced and crude introduction. Still, let's hope for the best! If this is fun, I'd love to try another, larger game sometime soon; and improve on what might not have been clear here!

And remember, only the winning team gets entered into the draw for the special rare Cinderella Girls card of Haruka from Shiny Festa! So play fair, but play to win!

Have fun, and good luck!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 08:43:11 am by Bro »
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013

[4:15:39 PM] MooMoo: i think nonowa's cute tho
[4:15:59 PM] MooMoo: i bet if she was real she'd feel like a ballon full of warm water

starfighter9

• Apprentice
  • Ku~!
    • View Profile
I think it might be handy to put up the player name list here. Also, just for clarification:
Win Conditions: All townies (normals and those with roles) win if they eliminate the mafia. All mafia members win if the mafia's numbers equal or outnumber the town's numbers (which do NOT include the neutral roles). The neutral roles simply win if they survive until one side is victorious, whether it's the town or the mafia.
Since it's 3/2 does this mean if everyone randomly lynches a town member the mafia win on day 1?

5 people is going to be a pretty short game lol.

Byuusan

• View Profile
lol pretty much, but this isn't really a big forum so it kinda hard to demand a big turnout, or minimum.

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
I think it might be handy to put up the player name list here.

Ooh, good idea. I'll add the player list to the resources section right now.
Also, just for clarification:Since it's 3/2 does this mean if everyone randomly lynches a town member the mafia win on day 1?

5 people is going to be a pretty short game lol.
I'm sorry, I can't answer that question yet! The most I can say is that, yes, the small turnout for the game has really handicapped a lot of the potential I had in mind. I mean, I had a role for every member of 765Pro, including the staff! That was something like 17 roles alone, not counting the Mafia and Neutrals. :P

So yes, unfortunately, this will be a very short game considering the amount of effort I put into it. That said, I hope you'll all still enjoy it anyways, and that it might coax more players to join next time!

lol pretty much, but this isn't really a big forum so it kinda hard to demand a big turnout, or minimum.

Yeeeeeaah... minimum turnout is all we got... One player less and I would've called it all off. Thankfully though, we did just get enough! I try and remain positive.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 07:30:20 am by Bro »
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013

[4:15:59 PM] MooMoo: i bet if she was real she'd feel like a ballon full of warm water

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
huehuehue interesting! Now, where to begin =w=

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
Sorry for the late update, everyone! Black Ops 2, right? Gotta prestige!
Ah well, here it is now:-[

--

Walking home together, Miki and Takane chatted about today's events as they braved the downpour with umbrellas overhead. Mami, following loosely behind, was busy exploring the streets. Peering into alleys with her flashlight and spinning her umbrella with a twirl, a short shriek was heard by Miki and Takane up ahead.

"Ri-!!"

As they rushed back to check on Mami, all they found was her umbrella and flashlight still rolling on the ground...

--

The Sexy Girl Detective, MAMI FUTAMI (Roswell), has been removed from the game!
Sexy Girl Detective – Mami Futami
Dear Roswell,

You are MAMI FUTAMI
Though not to be confused with Ami Futami, you are both hyperactive and energetic girls. You are very silly, and love to play games with everyone. A favorite persona of yours is to imagine you are Mami Futami, the Sexy Girl Detective! Though you are sometimes brushed off, your curiosity and determination makes you a great inspector, especially when the other person plays along! Even without Ami, you might just be able to unite and save 765Productions!

Once every night, you may PM Bro with the message “Night <X> - Inspect <USER>”. You will receive the target’s role PM privately. You cannot target yourself. (Obviously.)
--

While yesterday still hung over them, they were assured that Mami would be found. As depressing as the day was, today marked an important festival. A battle, between 765Pro and the Cinderella Girls! And a decisive event, at that. So close to the 40th week, this could be the idols last shot at breaking high enough into the rankings... And to miss it would surely mean a failed career. 765Pro would have to give it their all today, with or without the assistance of Mami!

In alternating performances, those with the least fans remaining would be no longer an idol. It would be up to the girls effort to determine who would remain!

--

It is now DAY 1. You may now vote by posting in this thread who you would like to remove from the game*. The one with the most votes will be the one most outperformed and removed from the game. \ This phase will end in 48 hours, or when all votes have been accounted for. If the votes are tied at the end of 48 hours, a coin will be flipped to decide. You may change your vote at any time. Good luck!
--

You should really discuss and debate why you're voting, as well. It's up to you to sleuth out the Mafia on your own, now! This is the tipping point of the game, people! (This... this is really the climax? So early?)

And I should probably mention at this point that, in the result of a tie, 756Pro wins. So choose wisely!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:09:23 pm by Bro »
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
N-no votes...?  :'(

This is my one reminder, and if we don't get any votes by Friday,  I guess we'll just have to call the game off.
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013

starfighter9

• Apprentice
  • Ku~!
    • View Profile
Sorry i get caught up in my exam preparations and totally forget about forums lol. But there is one big problem - i don't think anybody has any idea of who to vote against. At least i have no clue whatsoever and any vote would just be purely random.

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
Sorry i get caught up in my exam preparations and totally forget about forums lol. But there is one big problem - i don't think anybody has any idea of who to vote against. At least i have no clue whatsoever and any vote would just be purely random.
That's okay, I know we're all quite busy with midterms and Christmas break coming up... I'm just glad you posted!

Since the Detective died, you might just have to go with a random vote... but usually deliberations with other players is best.
Perhaps you could coerece someone else into squawking with a "pressure vote"? Place a vote on someone random and see if they speak up to defend themselves. (Might be best to PM them as well; make sure they're paying attention!)

That's a great way to get people to either post or privately message you their role PM as well, as a means of confirming innocence... unless a clever Cinderella Girl has faked one! Use some discretion and sleuthing skills to debate who you accuse.

Since someone has posted before Friday, I guess we'll consider this revived. So I'm extending the voting phase once again! This phase will end by Monday.
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013

Byuusan

• View Profile
Might as well, vote on Starfighter9

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
Sorry for another late update, guys!  :'(
I wasn't able to get on my computer with all the files. So so sorry! Again!

That said, the game is over.

In a spectacular performance by Rin, the decision was clear. Miki's ratings plummeted, and with the disappearence of Mami, there was no hope of rebuilding their reputation. 765Pro was dead, figuratively.
--

The Pretty Girl, MIKI HOSHII (starfighter9), has been removed from the game!
Pretty Girl – Miki Hoshii
Dear starfighter9,

You are MIKI HOSHII
You are one of the prettiest and most charming idols of 765Productions, even to go as far as being hailed “The Visual Queen”. That said, however, you are unfailingly lazy. Few people can motivate or convince you to do much work, and you are sometimes considered a slacker because of it. That’s probably not so far from the truth; with the exception being is that when you are really determined and apply yourself, you can achieve anything. Despite your work ethic, you are an indisputably attractive girl, and have a bit of a knack for… distracting people. Your large bust and ditzy personality has a way of pulling the attention of both genders, and you like the attention. Whether intentional or not, you’re a valuable asset to 765Pro, both on and off the stage.

Once every night, you may PM Bro with the message “Night <X> - Distract <USER>”. The target will be unable to complete their night action. You cannot target the same person more than two nights in a row. You cannot target yourself. (Obviously.)
--

Mami was found nearly a week later, otherwise unharmed aside from being a bit confused. She had no memory of where she was, or what had happened that fateful night! She was returned to 765Pro, just in time to see the tearful girls pack away the office and leave for one last late-night walk through the rainy streets of Tokyo where the original idols departed forever.

MAFIA WINS
(To explain: The game ends when one team is placed in checkmate or stalemate. In this case, Takane, the only remaining player for the Town, has no way of protecting herself from Rin the next night, or even outvoting her the next day.)
--

And that's the game! Clearly a failed project, all things considered, but I hope you had fun all the same, and thanks for indulging me in my first try hosting a forum game! It's unfortunate that the only two people to participate coincidentally targetted each other the first night, but I suppose it can't be helped. I just wish we had seen more communication between the players! The passive Town felt a little helpless from the star.

I've updated the first post with a list of all the roles, if any of you are curious to see what other player's got and how I chose to balance the Mafia.(Which is to say, some closure to your question, starfighter. ;])

Byuusan, while I'm not sure which one of these is the actual code, if you're interested in the Shiny Festa Haruka card, it's yours by default! Unfortunately, CynicalServant won't need be entered in the draw for the card. Sorry, but you have to at least participate to win.

Thanks for playing, everyone!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:51:13 am by Bro »
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013