Username: Password:

Author Topic: iDOLM@FIA Sign-up thread - Project-iM@S' first mafia game!  (Read 1778 times)

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
iDOLM@FIA Sign-up thread - Project-iM@S' first mafia game!
« on: November 02, 2012, 04:04:13 am »
Welcome to the sign-up thread for iDOLM@FIA - A forum Mafia game with some iM@S flair!
I’ve had this idea for awhile now, and I’m glad I can finally move on it! For those of you who already understand the mechanics of Mafia, this isn’t anything radically different from most. It’s 765Pro versus The Cinderella Girls (With the CG’s acting as the Mafia) in an off-stage battle!

For those of you who might be a bit more confused, here’s some things you might want to check out:
Here’s an animated and entertaining guide to Mafia for those who are looking for a brief overview, and here’s a more in-depth look at how to play a Mafia game, along with tips and tricks, as well as a very complete repertoire of the various roles you might encounter in one.

This is my first time hosting a Mafia game, so I don’t know all that I’m doing. But, with some advice, I think we’ll have a great game!
I’ve also never made a Mafia game from scratch before. Though I have roles typed up for a game of something like forty players, I’m not entirely sure on how I prioritize what roles are used based on the interest. Instead, I’ll be setting up the game after we’ve ran sign-ups. I know it’s a bit wary joining a Mafia game with so few details, but I hope you’ll give it a chance anyway! If nothing else, we’ll learn what does and does not work in iDOLM@FIA and we can improve it for next time.

Prizes
Now, before I word-wall you with some pretty average and boring rules, I’d like to add a bit of enticement! Coming with my copy of Shiny Festa: Funky Note next week, I’ll have a code to one of those promotional Haruka cards for Cinderella Girls! Not so interested in using it myself, I’ve offered it up for grabs! The winning team and all its players (Dead or alive) will be entered into a draw for one lucky user to take home the prize! If the winner of the draw is uninterested, I’ll continue to draw names until someone accepts. Of course, don’t stress too much about it!
If this game gets a bit nasty in efforts to win the card, I might just keep it for myself. Remember to have fun above all else!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 04:19:47 am by Bro »
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013

[4:15:39 PM] MooMoo: i think nonowa's cute tho
[4:15:59 PM] MooMoo: i bet if she was real she'd feel like a ballon full of warm water

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
iDOLM@FIA Sign-up thread - Project-iM@S' first mafia game!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 04:11:33 am »
The rules: (Please read!!)
Day Phase: Every day, all living users will vote on who to lynch on that given day. The day will end when it has lasted 24 hours, OR when the majority (which will vary based on the number of remaining users as the game progresses) has been reached. Once a player has been lynched, the day will be over.

Night Phase: Users with night actions will follow the instructions included with their role PM when the night begins. It will end when 24 hours has passed, or when all night actions have been received. No roles may target any user two nights in a row. Self-directed night actions are allowed.

Death: Dead users may not share any kind of information they had before dying, nor any they receive after death, with living users in any way, shape, or form. If a living user is given information from a dead player, please let me know immediately.

Replacements: After the initial signup period closes, players can still sign up to be reserves in case anyone drops out. If a player becomes unable to continue playing at any time for any reason, they should immediately notify me via private message of their situation, and the first player on the list of reserves will be selected to replace them, assuming their role (if they have one). Additional replacements will go down the list of the reserve players in the order that they signed up as reserves. Additionally, if the player being replaced has any information regarding the game that they wish to share with the player replacing them, they can include it in their PM to me and I will pass it on to the replacement player.

Another note: Users who are godkilled for idling will NOT be replaced - only users who notify me that they cannot keep playing.

Idling: A user will be godkilled if they do not vote three days in a row, do not send in their night action three days in a row, or do not vote for two days AND idle at night for two days. If a user is not allowed to vote/send in a night action, this will obviously not count against them. Again - godkilled users will NOT be replaced.

Outside Conversations: Conversations may not be screenshotted, nor may role PMs, BUT they can be forged via quote tags, since that can be edited by the poster. No official IRC channels will be set up for the game, but players are allowed to create their own if they want, at their own risk. Obviously, the rules still apply to these - no screenshots, only copypastes/quotations.

Win Conditions: All townies (normals and those with roles) win if they eliminate the mafia. All mafia members win if the mafia's numbers equal or outnumber the town's numbers (which do NOT include the neutral roles). The neutral roles simply win if they survive until one side is victorious, whether it's the town or the mafia.
--

With that out of the way, I hope I’ll be seeing all of you for Project-iM@S’ first mafia game and hopefully a very successful one! Post below if you’re interested in joining. Sign-ups taken after the roles list is complete will be entered as substitutions. Substitutions have the potential to take the place of another player on request, but I’d hope it doesn’t come to that. Sign up now; the more players we get the more interesting I can make the game, and incorporate more of our favorite characters!

Player List

CynicalServant, our first player!
starfighter9, who is ready to play
Byuusan, who is playing just for fun
zeda12123, who is willing to give it a try
Roswell, who is IN!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 05:00:38 am by Bro »
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013

[4:15:59 PM] MooMoo: i bet if she was real she'd feel like a ballon full of warm water

CynicalServant

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Re: iDOLM@FIA Sign-up thread - Project-iM@S' first mafia game!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 05:03:36 am »
I shall be more than delighted to attend~

/in

starfighter9

• Apprentice
  • Ku~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 10:07:47 am »
Sounds fun, i'm in.

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 10:47:53 am »
Not really interested with the prize, since i have my own copy of Shiny festa, but im in anyway.

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 03:51:23 pm »
I'll give it a go, seems like something to try

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 10:04:21 pm »
Fantastic! I'm glad to see we've gotten a few responses already.

I'm thinking sign-ups will close by the upcoming Thursday, ensuring our more semi-regulars still have a chance at joining up and for the biggest possible turn-out. That work well for everyone?
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013

Roswell

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 03:37:21 am »
I'm in!

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 07:43:46 pm »
I'd like at least around 7-8 players for this, but we're half-way there!
But that's at the least. Ideally, a game of 30 would be pretty cool.
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 05:10:32 am »
Still looking for more players... or else this will be a very silly and short game! >n<
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 10:56:14 am »
Alright... I guess this is all we got...

I'll hopefully have the actual game up by the end of the weekend, and this marks the official close of sign-ups! Look forward to it!
but... id probably still let you in... i mean...
just ask...
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013