Username: Password:

Author Topic: Puchimasu! anime  (Read 51123 times)

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
Re: Puchimasu! anime
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2013, 03:37:32 am »
Well i'm hoping for Laura Baily for at least one of the girls, maybe iori because Rie kugimiya voiced Rise and Laura's cover of True story is freaking impressive but other than that i'm not really sure

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2013, 04:26:58 am »
From THE iDOLM@STER Google+ page... (Which more of you should visit! We're a little lonely  :'()

Puchim@s has been picked up by Funimation for a North American release!!
They're already streaming subbed episodes on their site for free, but rumour is that an English dub is inevitable! That means we'll finally hear English voices, and supposedly, Funimation has a good track record for their dubs!

Exciting news! Could this open doors for the rest of the series? The flagship anime? The games? Look forward to it!

Please excuse me while I polish my voice acting resume.

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2013, 04:51:11 am »
Dubbed Puchimasu, what.

blake307

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2013, 05:39:26 am »
I honestly have no idea what to say about this.

Yodudes0

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2013, 01:44:34 am »
I kind of feel like Cristina Vee would be Chihaya.

Notewell

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2013, 03:24:51 am »
Dubbed Puchimasu, what.

My exact reaction. One would think that the im@s anime would be the first to be dubbed. I'm not sure I like this decision, but you never know, could this be the start of a complete im@s localization in North America?

I kind of feel like Cristina Vee would be Chihaya.

This is an almost perfect fit.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2013, 04:31:18 am »
Not in a million years. Only because I can already imagine how awkward and literally everything will be translated.

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2013, 09:31:34 pm »
I'm sure Puchimasu was picked as a way to test the market. The episodes are short, which probably made the rights cheap to pick up. We don't know if they nessecarily bought the rights to the whole franchise yet, guys. Maybe they just got Puchimasu because it was cheap. Second, half of the cast doesn't require voice acting short of Pokemon-style "ka's" and "nano's" from the actual idol VA's. Thirdly, if Puchimasu does prove to be popular, they've already spent the time auditioning and casting the right VA's for all of the idols! That would make it very easy to branch off into the flagship anime.

I also don't think it's fair to assume that a localized iDOLM@STER will be so marred. There's no reason to think that they'll move 765Pro to New York, make them all top pop stars, and re-name Hibiki "Echo". They probably want the English version to be popular with the large fanbase overseas already, and keep the same formula that attracted all those fans in the first place.
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013

[4:15:39 PM] MooMoo: i think nonowa's cute tho
[4:15:59 PM] MooMoo: i bet if she was real she'd feel like a ballon full of warm water

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2013, 10:03:44 pm »
I'm sure Puchimasu was picked as a way to test the market. The episodes are short, which probably made the rights cheap to pick up. We don't know if they nessecarily bought the rights to the whole franchise yet, guys. Maybe they just got Puchimasu because it was cheap. Second, half of the cast doesn't require voice acting short of Pokemon-style "ka's" and "nano's" from the actual idol VA's. Thirdly, if Puchimasu does prove to be popular, they've already spent the time auditioning and casting the right VA's for all of the idols! That would make it very easy to branch off into the flagship anime.

I also don't think it's fair to assume that a localized iDOLM@STER will be so marred. There's no reason to think that they'll move 765Pro to New York, make them all top pop stars, and re-name Hibiki "Echo". They probably want the English version to be popular with the large fanbase overseas already, and keep the same formula that attracted all those fans in the first place.

I have no faith. And also I just can't imagine it. I used to like Funimation...but I just can't anymore.

PinoyCruger

• Producer
  • The Fabulous Silver Queen
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/RVPinoyCrugerAndaya
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2013, 11:51:57 pm »
Ep.20 has just released: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmP5ZqlhQFY

CHIHAYA'S GOT A PANIC ATTACK!! SOMEBODY SAVE HER!
---FILIPINO PRIDE AND PROUD SINCE 1989---

THIS WEEK: This is THE IDOLM@STER, the idol game where Kachou Fuugetsu (Chihaya and Takane) gets a crazy-free lion dance.

Twitter: PinoyCruger

Me at Figure.fm

12/23 - Domo arigato, 765PRO!

GeN

• Greenhorn
  • I am GeN the Idolmaster!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2013, 12:34:58 am »
once again, Takane is awesome

im lovin dat Yayo 'u-uu~'

Notewell

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2013, 12:53:56 am »
I'm sure Puchimasu was picked as a way to test the market.

It's definitely true that the Puchimasu rights are cheaper to acquire, and that short 4koma style shows can gain popularity in the West. But I still question the decision to bring over a spin-off as a test of the market when the same show would perform better had the original been aired before the derivative. I asked the same question when iDOLM@STER skins were made available for download in Ace Combat. I feel that this isn't a good marketing decision.

And although FUNI has produced decent dubs in the past, I am going to remain cautiously optimistic if a dub is announced. There's no precedent for maintaining artistic integrity; the licensor will localize and change names if they think it will sell better.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 04:32:04 am by Notewell »

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2013, 02:16:13 am »
If it didn't grow back the next day, how would cutting Chihya's hair solve the smothering problem?

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2013, 02:52:32 am »
I asked the same question when iDOLM@STER skins were made available for download in Ace Combat. I feel that this isn't a good marketing decision.

I'm sure for Ace Combat's case, that it cost next to nothing to put them up on the US marketplace, and they felt they could only gain money from doing it. Could be wrong, don't know how much it costs to put something up on the XBox Marketplace.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2013, 02:58:23 am »
Oh my Takane <3 That was just too adorable.