Username: Password:

Author Topic: Has anyone made any Minecraft Skins?  (Read 7114 times)

Heattokun

• huuuuuur.
    • View Profile
Has anyone made any Minecraft Skins?
« on: September 07, 2012, 07:29:52 am »
I have like,two sitting on my harddrive somewhere.
If not, then this is now a idolmaster skin thread.

KAWAII SENTAI LOLIRANGER.

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone made any Minecraft Skins?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 07:47:47 pm »
Finally, a skin thread! (And I'd love to see your Minecraft skins)

I was waiting my newest commission to be finished but, it's been pretty slow goings and now seems like the perfect time.

Here's my wordwall from Takane's character thread, reposted here for posterity:
 I've done Takane in her My Dear Vampire costume (From Kyun! Vampire Girl) in the fighting game Lost Saga by dropping some cash for a gear called the Idol Outfit, which is near identical to Iori's (And to a lesser extent Hibiki's and Haruka's) Snow Strawberry Floral costume. I thought it looked pretty good, but when I decided to equip the Vampire Circelt (Another gear in the game) to my character, I had the inspiration to attempt My Dear Vampire. The end result is this:

(This ones sort of old, as I hadn't redesigned the Vampire Circlet, but it's still one of my favorites so I'll include it anyways.)

(And this is the one that's been my avatar for a few weeks now, full size. Definitely the best of the bunch, wouldn't you say?)

(Ah, and I know these pictures are pretty much the same, but I thought the poses came out amazing.)
(Oh, and I've tried, but Takane just won't smile in any pose. I mean, sometimes right after she stops walking and puts up her fists she flashes a quick smile, but the picture just looks terrible. So I only have these "kind-of-looking-right-through-you" screenshots saved. Not like Takane is known to be particularily smiley anyways.)

I think it looks alright, considering the limitations I had to work around. You can't edit models at all in this game. The Idol Outfit looks similar enough to begin with though, so with some creativity I managed to work within the limits. Even worse, however, is the fact that the files have to be saved as .jpegs, which means the quality was absolutely slaughtered. Really, in-game this is hardly noticeable, but in the pictures I've taken you can see where the bats have come out a little... wonky.

Again, in the limitations I wasn't able to make the headband that goes with it as the Vampire Circlet doesn't resemble it at all, but I've at least gotten the colours the same and you can see the similarities in the comparison. The hair and face options are also very limited, so I did what I could to get her silver hair and soothing face. I wanted to do Hibiki, but there was absolutely nothing anywhere near her hair or even her face, so I settled on Takane. (Which is totally fine, mind you, I love Takane too and she's certainly my favorite cover of Kyun! Vampire Girl.)

Even better, no one in the game actually knows what it's supposed to look like, so I guess it works out okay!

Next up is my collection of skins from the game GETAMPED2!

Hopefully I don't ramble on about these like I did Takane... :P

I don't really mind Hokuto. There's obviously some things wrong here but... the guy I was comissioning's motivation petered out. He was doing nearly bare minimum as it was, and considering the sorry result of Iori before this, I'm not terribly disappointed. The shading is a little intense and strange, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't worth $10, but I felt bad snubbing him. Still, that's the last I'll ever comission of him.

Oh Iori... Poor, poor Iori. I really loved your 765PinkDiamond, really. I might even comission you again, from another designer, just to save myself from... this. Where to begin... The expression is wrong, the eyes are wrong, missing details, (Which I /ESPECIALLY/ hate) headband too small, and emotions are absolutely wrong. (Not shown, but let's just say Iori's smile is :D with a bright pink tongue sticking out or something... Oh god.) Not to mention the time it took for him to even get started on this, I'm just really disappointed with the overall quality. Costed roughly $10, was recieved in exchange for advertising. Might re-comission just because I love her so much <3

Obviously, Hibiki is the best of the bunch and my absolute favorite. Gotta love her Project Fairy costume! Strangely, this was the first skin I comissioned. Everything came out so good! All the details right down to the scarf at her hip and belt loops on her jacket. I've been told her hair is a little too light and her hair tie is the wrong colour, but I think it looks good! Even better, this hair tie matches perfectly with one of my weapons in the game, so. >u> I definitely use her the most and I love it when I discover another fan! (Considering this game's community, I'm still pretty shocked and I've already seen another person using a Yayoi skin. Maybe I'll get some shots of those later!) This one costed me about $20 to comission, which I guess is the price to pay for quality?

This is my newest skin, made to use with my new Pirate Captain weapon! I got it for free, so no criticisms from me. Yayoi's fierce expression is pretty cute! Since there was no reference for the lower half, I told him he could make up whatever he thought looked right. Not bad!
Here's the reference, in case you haven't seen Pirate!Yayoi from the episode 26 trailer (And shame on you! Go watch it right now.)

My newest comission should be done pretty soon... I mean it's been nearly two weeks already... but I'll be sure to post it when it's done!

It's not exactly an iDOLM@STER skin, but it's the 765PinkDiamond, right? Close enough.  ::)

And later, I'll post my Hibikin (Hibiskin?) from ClaDun x2! I did this one all my own, so I hope I don't get laughed out for it. Looks good enough, I guess, considering it's a 4bit BMP. And I have no idea how to edit ponytails. Hibiki's hair is so cumbersome.  :-[

So yeah, more to come! If anyone's interested, I'd be more than happy to share the download links for these as well. And I'm certainly looking forward to download links from the rest of you!

Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 11:04:17 pm by Bro »
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013

[4:15:39 PM] MooMoo: i think nonowa's cute tho
[4:15:59 PM] MooMoo: i bet if she was real she'd feel like a ballon full of warm water

Heattokun

• huuuuuur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 01:33:07 am »
Didn't mean for this to become a general thread - oh well,it  is now!
I'll be digging up the minecraft skins i made later today,they are on a different comp. Ill edit this post with them later

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 10:01:31 am »
Didn't mean for this to become a general thread - oh well,it  is now!
I'll be digging up the minecraft skins i made later today,they are on a different comp. Ill edit this post with them later

Oh, I'm sorry! I read "if not, idolmaster skin thread" and I kind of assumed that unless anyone had some more iDOLM@STER Minecraft skins, (Which I doubted) we could post whatever skins we had. Sorry about that derailing!
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013

[4:15:39 PM] MooMoo: i think nonowa's cute tho
[4:15:59 PM] MooMoo: i bet if she was real she'd feel like a ballon full of warm water

Takechan

• Apprentice
  • I only have slight brain problems.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 02:30:50 pm »
I realize I'm necroing this thread by a huge margin, but I didn't really want to create a new one when it's relatively simple and probably won't appeal to everyone.

I made a few Minecraft skins to use for myself and my boyfriend (he's into iM@S too, funny enough). Though, after looking around online and not finding many, I decided I might as well share the ones I made in case anyone was interested.

Those are all the characters I've made so far. A few are missing, I know, though I'd consider making a skin for someone if anyone were interested. I'd try my best, anyway! Some of them are hard to do with so limited pixel space. I also have a few variations as far as outfits go for a select few that I didn't show... I just felt like showing the Dark Haruka ones.

It's also worth noting that I made these skins to work properly for 1.8 (which isn't shown in the pictures as I used a mod to showcase them, which is unavailable in 1.8 at the moment), though they work fine with prior versions. The only thing really is that the clothing detail might be off on a few of them, but if it doesn't bother you, then use away!

If anyone's interested just let me know and I'll post a download link. If I'm able to do that. I'm not entirely sure what the rules are regarding download links on this site, so someone might have to explain that to me first! ^^;

Amami Haruka desu!
I love HaruChiha way too much.
Steam: amamiharuka765
Twitter: TakeP765

Heattokun

• huuuuuur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 07:47:29 pm »
I realize I'm necroing this thread by a huge margin, but I didn't really want to create a new one when it's relatively simple and probably won't appeal to everyone.

I made a few Minecraft skins to use for myself and my boyfriend (he's into iM@S too, funny enough). Though, after looking around online and not finding many, I decided I might as well share the ones I made in case anyone was interested.

Those are all the characters I've made so far. A few are missing, I know, though I'd consider making a skin for someone if anyone were interested. I'd try my best, anyway! Some of them are hard to do with so limited pixel space. I also have a few variations as far as outfits go for a select few that I didn't show... I just felt like showing the Dark Haruka ones.

It's also worth noting that I made these skins to work properly for 1.8 (which isn't shown in the pictures as I used a mod to showcase them, which is unavailable in 1.8 at the moment), though they work fine with prior versions. The only thing really is that the clothing detail might be off on a few of them, but if it doesn't bother you, then use away!

If anyone's interested just let me know and I'll post a download link. If I'm able to do that. I'm not entirely sure what the rules are regarding download links on this site, so someone might have to explain that to me first! ^^;
those are hot

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 07:55:53 pm »

As a frequent Minecraft player, I totally want these; the work you've poured in the small details speak for itself. If you're up for requests, then please do Ricchan and Eri! :3

That being said, I'm fairly certain downloads of this nature are fine -- it's merely custom content and not outright pirated stuff like full games.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:01:26 pm by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Takechan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 09:11:13 am »
As a frequent Minecraft player, I totally want these; the work you've poured in the small details speak for itself. If you're up for requests, then please do Ricchan and Eri! :3

That being said, I'm fairly certain downloads of this nature are fine -- it's merely custom content and not outright pirated stuff like full games.

I'm up for requests. Though Ritsuko might be a bit difficult due to her hairstyle, haha. I'll give it a go next time I have a chance anyway!

I've uploaded the others for now. You can download them here.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 07:07:53 pm by Takechan »

Amami Haruka desu!

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 09:41:43 am »
Much obliged, Takechan~. I love how you made multiple outfits per character; sup, Punkish Gothic. :3

Regarding Ritsuko's hairstyle, I imagine you'd have it easier with her hairbun compared to the twintails. Not only that, I also prefer the hairbun look -- she's more refined and lady-like.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Takechan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 04:50:07 pm »
Alright, I finally found the time to do Ritsuko and Eri. Sorry it took so long. I blame RL.

Download link is here.

Ritsuko was a bit complicated, as I expected, but I did the best I could! xD
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 07:08:12 pm by Takechan »

Amami Haruka desu!

Heattokun

• huuuuuur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 11:01:19 pm »
Oops I gotta toot my own horn too but

http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/megurine_luka/

Heres mine,since I forgot about that.