Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolmaster Shiny Festa  (Read 143991 times)

WarOmnimon

• Greenhorn
  • There ain't no strings on me.
    • View Profile
Re: Idolmaster Shiny Festa
« Reply #630 on: April 23, 2013, 03:01:07 pm »
...gah.  Just, gah.  I can understand putting out $55 for a console title, but for an iOS release?  As much of a fan of iM@S as I am right now... no thanks.  The shoddy translations don't help much either.  They should have just released the xBox 360 and / or PS3 games if they wanted to release something.

Oh well... at least they tried.  They just need to try harder.  8)
PSN - WarOnion316
Nintendo Network - WarOnion
3DS FC - 1547-5202-3440
If you play me in Smash, beware of dog and duck.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 23, 2013, 09:07:21 pm »
Okay, one misspelled word, "hoobies", doesn't represent the entire translation. 

Can someone who actually played the game can tell us how is the actual translation? Is it as good as fan translators such as Namassuka or the fan subbers for the Anime?

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 23, 2013, 09:13:01 pm »
It's a very, very straight forward translation. For instance the Futamis still say "Nii-chan" and honorifics are kept. The Futami laugh is changed to "Mwahahaha". Miki still refers to herself in the third person but the nanoing isn't taken into account. The character's mannerisms are actually captured pretty well in the translation.

The grammar is perfectly fine aside from that one hilarious typo.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 23, 2013, 11:25:55 pm »
Quote from: ninjamitsuki on Today at 10:33:42 PM

"As I said, no real "localization". It's all a very straight forward translation.

I actually do like when some liberties are taken to spice up the English script, but that kind of approach wouldn't work very well with iDOLM@STER."

Oh really? That's Awesome!  Thank You Very Much ninjamitsuki!  I really appreciate it in answering my questions and concerns.  I think I will buy it then.

More people need to buy this game to motivate Namco to translate Idolm@ster 2!

Yes, I know its expensive.  But the translation as, ninjamitsuki, says is pretty good and keeps the Japanese Culture.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 23, 2013, 11:48:26 pm »
Last Question.  Did they keep the Japanese Voice Actors for the OVAs that came with the game?

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 23, 2013, 11:52:53 pm »
Last Question.  Did they keep the Japanese Voice Actors for the OVAs that came with the game?
Yes, it's subtitled.

Zerorush

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 23, 2013, 11:55:38 pm »
Still curious if anyone can confirm the full song list.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 24, 2013, 12:44:22 am »
Yes, it's subtitled.

Awesome!!  Thanks ninjamitsuki, I appreciate it.  I'm going to buy it.

By the way, Zerorush is asking if the game contains all the songs the PSP version has.  Can you confirm this ninjamitsuki or anyone else who owns the game?  We have to get more people to buy this game to motivate Namco to translate other Idolmaster games like Idolmaster 2.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 12:46:57 am by mariokirby »

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 24, 2013, 01:00:25 am »
To conserve space, some of the songs have to be downloaded. However, all of the DLC is free so it technically has all the songs.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 24, 2013, 01:24:49 am »
To conserve space, some of the songs have to be downloaded. However, all of the DLC is free so it technically has all the songs.

Cool!! Now I'm definitely buying this game.  Really Appreciate your help!

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 24, 2013, 02:16:06 am »
Petitioning for the Hobbies field in the community intro form to be officially changed to "Hoobies".  ;D

I'd like to clarify that I would not let the price stop me from getting it (though I would not get all 3 games, and I would most certainly let a bad game stop me... did we ever reach a verdict on whether Shiny Festa is good or not?)

Earlier in a moment of delirium, I was actually entertaining the thought of getting an iDevice.  If I were an Apple developer and not a Windows developer, I would have one, but I'm not, so I don't.

The options:
iPod Touch: I need something small enough to jog with, but a tiny screen would be a waste for a rhythm game.
iPhone: not a phone fan, too small.
iPad Mini: I can't really justify getting a tablet computer; the only thing I ever wanted one for was for browsing walkthroughs while playing portables.

Bleh.

Neko-P

• Just another fan. Sort of.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 24, 2013, 03:26:17 am »
It's a very, very straight forward translation. For instance the Futamis still say "Nii-chan" and honorifics are kept. The Futami laugh is changed to "Mwahahaha". Miki still refers to herself in the third person but the nanoing isn't taken into account. The character's mannerisms are actually captured pretty well in the translation.

The grammar is perfectly fine aside from that one hilarious typo.

... Actually, you know what? That sounds like EVERYTHING THE COMMUNITY HAS EVER WANTED IN A TRANSLATION. Like, holy crap, that's perfect. Even including the awkward laugh change.

Now if only it wasn't, you know, $55. Probably still gonna consider supporting imas...

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 24, 2013, 03:56:34 am »
Yes, I know $55 is kind of expensive.  But as you said, it has everything the community wanted in a translation so why not support the game?  Buying the game may motivate Namco to translate more Idolmaster games like Idolmaster 2.

Also, would you rather pay $55 and play the game Fully Translated right now, or wait 5 or more years for a fan translations.  And that fan translation may never happen.

It's been 2 years, and there is no fan translation for Idolmaster 2.

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 24, 2013, 04:17:54 am »
The reason there isn't a fan translation for iM@S 2 is that there's really no way to make that possible since it's a modern console game. I don't know how one would apply a patch to a ps3 game, but then again I'm not a hacker or translator so...

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 24, 2013, 04:32:58 am »
The reason there isn't a fan translation for iM@S 2 is that there's really no way to make that possible since it's a modern console game. I don't know how one would apply a patch to a ps3 game, but then again I'm not a hacker or translator so...

And that's the point.  Its too hard for the hackers to hack the game for now.  It's been 2 years so far and there is still isn't anything about translating Idolmaster 2.  Who know how we have to wait for it?

This is where Namco can help out.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 04:41:17 am by mariokirby »