Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolmaster Shiny Festa  (Read 169414 times)

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Idolmaster Shiny Festa
« Reply #480 on: November 09, 2012, 05:21:22 pm »
Sales numbers for this week.

Overall:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498824

By version:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44156328&postcount=397

Only Groovy Tune ranked in the top 20. Looks like that's the most popular one two weeks in a row. Makoto love.

kantou

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 09, 2012, 10:42:12 pm »
Sales numbers for this week.

Overall:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498824

By version:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44156328&postcount=397

Only Groovy Tune ranked in the top 20. Looks like that's the most popular one two weeks in a row. Makoto love.

I bought groovy tune by I'm a fan of makoto, Takane and Miki chan and funky notes as curiosity it really is fun version the characters are cool mainly Iori and Hibiki.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 09, 2012, 11:14:33 pm »
The last category is amulets. First item seems to give you an additional option in SOF mode to let your idols choose songs for you, the one just below the default random (I'm not really sure on this either because my japanese isn't much better).

i just tested that, it seems to be something like the "leave it to the idols" in Im@s 2. They weren't good btw (around 5000 points at idol rank B)

GeN

• Greenhorn
  • I am GeN the Idolmaster!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 10, 2012, 12:12:41 am »
has anybody tried to figure out the rating system after performing a song? Like, what factors determine a SSS, SS, S, A, B?
to illustrate this, I was attempting to get a SSS full combo score on READY!. This is what i got:
SS (96%)
PERFECT - 340
GOOD - 22
NORMAL - 1
BAD - 3
MAX COMBO - 311
SCORE - 1,007,000
Is it the amount of notes you hit successfully? Is it the higher score? :v

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #484 on: November 10, 2012, 01:03:11 am »
Your Ranking is based on the percentage of Perfect hits, which is the percentage given by the game. The cutoffs I can remember are as follows: S rank is 80%/85% (not sure about this one), SS is 95%, and SSS is 98%.

As for the DLC, you need to input the pass code into the site (after signing up), then take the code outputted and use it in PSN (Just a note: the DLC is 66MB). Like SP, the DLC folder is for all three versions. I might just give away my extra DLC codes...

If you're wondering, the special video for The World is All One!! is a video of the Taiko no Tatsujin (both im@s characters and actual Taiko no Tatsujin characters) sprites.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 04:22:41 am by TheTanStar »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 12, 2012, 02:49:54 pm »
just to say it: i have fallen in love with edeN. It's an amazing song, up there with the very best im@s songs. I hope it will come as im@s 2 dlc soon, and i hope they will soon release an album with a full-length version.

From the songs that also haven't appeared in a game yet i also like Alright and jitensha.

I don't like the "new" songs on Honey Sound nearly as much. Maybe it's because i haven't played it much so far.

Julio

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 13, 2012, 07:45:47 pm »
edeN is the best new song out of the three. I just couldn't get into the to other two. I'm enjoying Groovy Tune the most since I like most of the songs. I just can't get into the other games that much.

kantou

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 14, 2012, 01:05:21 am »
edeN is the best new song out of the three. I just couldn't get into the to other two. I'm enjoying Groovy Tune the most since I like most of the songs. I just can't get into the other games that much.

Groovy Tune is my best version (Best characters,Best song) funky note is fun but I did not buy honey sound only character I like is Chihaya....She would be in the groovy tune instead of Yukiho.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 14, 2012, 01:27:17 pm »
After playing for a while i have to say that the Star of Festa mode is really disappointing. I can understand if they give different point totals for songs of different difficulty ratings, but it essentially locks you into playing a select few songs over and over again just to get a S or better result because the difference is ridiculously big. I tried SOF expert mode and the only way i could clear it was by spamming 9/10 difficulty songs, and given how important familiarity is at higher difficulties i ended up using the same 3 songs every day. You can't even get 20k points in 1 day for a bare minimum clear even if you 100% SSS 3 8 difficulty songs, that's how restrictive the mode is. At this point i would pay good money for a 'unified' game containing all the songs so i can at least have some variety in SOF mode.

I'm going a different route to that problem: farming name cards. To do so, you leave the first 2 songs to the idols and take as 3rd song whatever you like. You should be good with the song, preferably be able to full combo it. It doesn't need to have a high difficulty, because your rival is limited to the same songs as well it seems. I could easily beat all 3 Jupiter members (the only SSS rivals i'v seen so far) by playing "Music", even though it's just an 8 star song. I could also beat SS idols with 7 star songs without (didn't try it against jupiter on those).
If there is no new rival you can get a card from, just restart the game. If you loose the song you can restart the song and try again without penalties or the need to wait/go through menus again. I admit it's a bit tiresome, especially when you already have a lot of name cards. But now i'm at about +1800 points and after this "farming run" on expert i'll give it another shot on clearing expert.
With an 8 star song you can get 5850 points quite well. If it's the 3rd song and you beat a rival it is somewhere around 6700 points. This makes 18400 points, so you need about 1600 points from name cards. If you got that, it also "unlocks" the 8 star songs for expert SoF. I don't know how many points you can make with 7 star songs.

Btw i went this route not because i was tired of playing the same songs over and over, but because i wasn't good enough with the 9 and 10 star songs. Though i haven't tried them for a while now, i assume i got much better by now, considering how much "easier" the 8 and 7 star songs have become :p

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 14, 2012, 02:53:39 pm »
For anyone that didn't see it already, the Honey Sound OVA was released with subs yesterday.

My least favorite group, but we got some good Jupiter time.

starfighter9

• Apprentice
  • Ku~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 14, 2012, 03:23:08 pm »
I'm going a different route to that problem: farming name cards. To do so, you leave the first 2 songs to the idols and take as 3rd song whatever you like. You should be good with the song, preferably be able to full combo it. It doesn't need to have a high difficulty, because your rival is limited to the same songs as well it seems. I could easily beat all 3 Jupiter members (the only SSS rivals i'v seen so far) by playing "Music", even though it's just an 8 star song. I could also beat SS idols with 7 star songs without (didn't try it against jupiter on those).
If there is no new rival you can get a card from, just restart the game. If you loose the song you can restart the song and try again without penalties or the need to wait/go through menus again. I admit it's a bit tiresome, especially when you already have a lot of name cards. But now i'm at about +1800 points and after this "farming run" on expert i'll give it another shot on clearing expert.
With an 8 star song you can get 5850 points quite well. If it's the 3rd song and you beat a rival it is somewhere around 6700 points. This makes 18400 points, so you need about 1600 points from name cards. If you got that, it also "unlocks" the 8 star songs for expert SoF. I don't know how many points you can make with 7 star songs.

Btw i went this route not because i was tired of playing the same songs over and over, but because i wasn't good enough with the 9 and 10 star songs. Though i haven't tried them for a while now, i assume i got much better by now, considering how much "easier" the 8 and 7 star songs have become :p
:O Your post made me do some research and realise that name card bonus is actually based on the namecards you have, i always thought it was based on the rank of the idol you vs. Anyway i took a bit of time here and there on the train to school to practice and i can reliably S/SS Watashi wa Idol (10*), SS Mahou wo Kakete (9*) and SS + full combo the iDOLM@STER (9*) which turns out to be about 6300, 6200, and 6300 points respectively. i use them in this order because i'm best at the iDOLM@STER out of these 3, this on avg turns out to be about 20800 per day, my namecard bonus is only 1030. I managed to complete SOF expert using these 3 and got SS rank. As to being good at 9/10* songs i think being good at other songs doesn't help much - even after obtaining my SSS full combo on the iDOLM@STER, Lovely still messes me up pretty badly.

In this song lineup MUSIC is my favourite new song. I'm split on which version i prefer though, while Honey Sound has Yakusoku it is disappointingly short, then they put in Me ga Au Toki which is my only hated Chihaya song, also Vault That Borderline! is meh, i kind of dislike it. The rest of the songs are decent. Groovy Tune has nice stuff like Alright, Kazahana, relations, Marionette no Kokoro, etc. and i agree edeN is the best of the 3 new songs. I see almost nothing i like in Funky Note because i dislike the lolis, Hibiki is the only reason i would touch it, if i ever do so.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 14, 2012, 04:19:19 pm »
Shiny Festa barely hanging onto the charts in the #20 position this week.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=499766

That's probably the last we'll see of it.

Not a terrible performance, though. Not by any means.

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 14, 2012, 06:25:59 pm »
In the Honey Sound OVA, Touma seemed to be more antagonistic than he was in episodes 24 and 26. I wonder why.

Edit: Added spoiler tag.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:22:21 pm by altuixde »

RisingStar

• I'll do my best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 14, 2012, 08:06:32 pm »
In the Honey Sound OVA, Touma seemed to be more antagonistic than he was in episodes 24 and 26. I wonder why.

I noticed that, although Haruka seemed unfazed by his taunts. He was never harsh towards them, I think he just likes getting them riled.

BadBoy25

• Apprentice
  • 765 Production Ltd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 14, 2012, 08:22:41 pm »
As for the DLC, you need to input the pass code into the site (after signing up), then take the code outputted and use it in PSN (Just a note: the DLC is 66MB). Like SP, the DLC folder is for all three versions. I might just give away my extra DLC codes...

If you're wondering, the special video for The World is All One!! is a video of the Taiko no Tatsujin (both im@s characters and actual Taiko no Tatsujin characters) sprites.
I just registered on lalabit market but I can't find where to input the pass code, can you give me a link please?