Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolmaster Shiny Festa  (Read 169423 times)

GeN

• Greenhorn
  • I am GeN the Idolmaster!
    • View Profile
Re: Idolmaster Shiny Festa
« Reply #420 on: October 30, 2012, 05:50:24 am »
Does anyone know how you actually play the game? Do you use the control pad or the buttons?

Also is it region free??? I hope so. I WANT IT!!!! :'( :'( >:( >:( ;D ;D :) :)

How to play: Like any other rhythm game out there, you need to press the left(blue) and right(pink) buttons in time to the target where they meet. the green buttons are required to press both left and right buttons at the same time. You can any directions on the D-pad and the left shoulder button to play the left button, while cross, square, triangle circle and the right shoulder button for the right button. there are two main modes where you can actually play. Stage Mode lets you pick the songs. The more you play on a higher difficulty level, the more 'fans' you get to increase you idol rating and your 'memory appeal' (i call it that because the heart icon looks similar to idolmaster 2's icon, but i think it's called something else) which you can use during Star of Festa Mode. You can also earn Money this way to purchase items and customizable features form the in-game shop. The Star of Festa Mode takes you to the festival thats goin' on in Vacation Island. This is where you get to select three songs to perform. Before you play the third song, you get to choose which rival you get to go head to head with. If you win, you get to have her Name Card, which can be viewed under Records to see the said rival's information. These rival idols are cameo'd from The idolm@ster Cinderella Girls mobile game. Some of your stats as a producer carries between versions of the game and is saved as a different file. What i know what carries on is your producer name, the Money earned and the item you've already bought in the shop.

Is it region free?: Yes. Very yes. you can pretty much buy any game from japan and it'll work on your non-japanese PSP. Go thank Sony for being that awesome!

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 30, 2012, 01:56:08 pm »
How to play: Like any other rhythm game out there, you need to press the left(blue) and right(pink) buttons in time to the target where they meet. the green buttons are required to press both left and right buttons at the same time. You can any directions on the D-pad and the left shoulder button to play the left button, while cross, square, triangle circle and the right shoulder button for the right button. there are two main modes where you can actually play. Stage Mode lets you pick the songs. The more you play on a higher difficulty level, the more 'fans' you get to increase you idol rating and your 'memory appeal' (i call it that because the heart icon looks similar to idolmaster 2's icon, but i think it's called something else) which you can use during Star of Festa Mode. You can also earn Money this way to purchase items and customizable features form the in-game shop. The Star of Festa Mode takes you to the festival thats goin' on in Vacation Island. This is where you get to select three songs to perform. Before you play the third song, you get to choose which rival you get to go head to head with. If you win, you get to have her Name Card, which can be viewed under Records to see the said rival's information. These rival idols are cameo'd from The idolm@ster Cinderella Girls mobile game. Some of your stats as a producer carries between versions of the game and is saved as a different file. What i know what carries on is your producer name, the Money earned and the item you've already bought in the shop.

Is it region free?: Yes. Very yes. you can pretty much buy any game from japan and it'll work on your non-japanese PSP. Go thank Sony for being that awesome!

PSP has no region lock, or certain other security measures, if you catch my drift.

As for controls, dpad and left shoulder controls notes from the left, face buttons and right shoulder controls notes on the right.

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH!!! THIS HELPED A LOT AND NOW I NEED TO SAVE UP!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
I'd have to say that I'm a new Fangirl for Hokuto Ijuiin and I'm proud of it!!!

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #422 on: October 30, 2012, 04:20:39 pm »
Does anyone else dread getting special mc on certain songs?

No? Just me?

Garraboa

• Star earrings go with everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 30, 2012, 04:29:45 pm »
Does anyone else dread getting special mc on certain songs?

No? Just me?

L.O.B.M

I.hate.Pastel.Bikini (◣_◢)
Everyone should have their version of "GO MY WAY!!" and "relations"

Dreams won’t end just as dreams,so become my today!
I don’t mind getting hurt,I don’t mind if it’s difficult,ah~, I don’t mind any punishment, bring it on!

876 PRO, GO!!

GeN

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 30, 2012, 10:19:30 pm »
There are songs i just wanna enjoy the anime normal mc. but i can just rewatch em in the Theater Mode while i concentrate on getting SSS on Stage Mode.

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 30, 2012, 11:25:53 pm »
Okay i'm curious again, what's even in the in-game shop? I know power ups and such but what else could there be?

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 31, 2012, 12:13:53 am »
Okay i'm curious again, what's even in the in-game shop? I know power ups and such but what else could there be?
From what I've seen you can buy different sounds. Like there's one that replaces the noise when you hit a note with "nano~". I think there's one for all the idols?

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 31, 2012, 12:33:10 am »
oh yeah, i had heard about those. Makes sense

GeN

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 31, 2012, 02:56:39 am »

Items: these are items that can support your rhythm game play. These can help register your inputs close to 'perfect's and there's also an item that straightens out the lines that curves and bends across the screen.
Icon set: these are the 'left' and 'right' button cues. you can customize these to your gameplay pleasure. there examples out there that you can have it your fav idol's head.
Target: The target is where both the left and right buttons meet. there's a star, heart etc.
Line: these are the things that each left and right buttons have. there's a selection of thickness and a choice between gold or blue+pink
Handclap: this is the sound effect when you successfully press the button onto the target. and there's quite a few sfxs to purchase. like, a cymbal and drums, taiko drums, words voiced by idols, animal sounds, etc
amulets: i'm not too sure about this but the only one ive purchased increased the maximum amount of 'memory appeals' to 10 instead of the default 5

Remember that you get to unlock more items in the shop as your idol ranking gets higher.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #429 on: October 31, 2012, 05:41:09 am »
I replaced my center beat thing with a star, but I'm waiting for better skin things.
The basic Haruka one is very generic...and before anyone says it...I know. It's Haruka. But jeez. Couldn't they have at least done ribbons?

I keep using the "Fan plus" item so I can rank up and unlock better things soon.

Heero81

• Greenhorn
  • Omae wo korosu.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 31, 2012, 06:37:35 am »
i meant the backstage pass codes that came with the game to get the additional stuff
I'll kill you.
T1 HT-"Silver Princess" Takane, JagdPanther-Mika, Hetzer-"Golden" Rika

Heattokun

• huuuuuur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 31, 2012, 06:57:51 am »
Here is the song list for all 3 versions: (heat's edit: along with idols whom sing each song)

Honey Sound:

MUSIC♪ - IM@S Allstars
Vault that Borderline! - Haruka + Chihaya + Azusa + Ritsuko
乙女よ大志を抱け!! - Haruka
I Want - Haruka
約束 - Chihaya
目が逢う瞬間 - Chihaya
隣に・・・ - Azusa
ラ♥ブ♥リ♥ - Azusa
いっぱいいっぱい - Ritsuko
魔法をかけて! - Ritsuko
shiny smile - Haruka + Chihaya
シャララ - Azusa + Ritsuko
GO MY WAY!! - Haruka + Chihaya + Ritsuko
神SUMMER!! - Chihaya + Ritsuko + Azusa
THE IDOLM@STER - im@s Allstars
READY!! - im@s Allstars
CHANGE!!!! - im@s Allstars
私たちはずっと…でしょう? - im@s Allstars
自分REST@RT - im@s Allstars

私はアイドル♥ - im@s Allstars

Groovy Tune:

MUSIC♪ - IM@S Allstars
edeN - Miki, Yukiho, Makoto, Takane
マリオネットの心 - Miki
ふるふるフューチャー☆ - Miki
ALRIGHT - Yukiho
Kosmos,Cosmos - Yukiho
自転車 - Makoto
迷走Mind - Makoto
風花 - Takane
オーバーマスター - Takane
キミはメロディ  - Takane
relations - Miki,Yukiho,Makoto
Little Match Girl - Yukiho,Miki,Takane
エージェント夜を往く - Makoto, Miki, Yukiho
THE IDOLM@STER- im@s Allstars
READY!!- im@s Allstars
CHANGE!!!!- im@s Allstars
私たちはずっと…でしょう?- im@s Allstars
自分REST@RT- im@s Allstars

まっすぐ - im@s Allstars

Funky Note:

MUSIC♪ - IM@S Allstars
ビジョナリー - Yayoi, Mami, Hibiki, Iori, Ami
キラメキラリ - Yayoi
おはよう!!朝ご飯 - Yayoi
スタ→トスタ→ - Ami, Mami
ポジティブ - Ami, Mami
Next Life - Hibiki
Brand New Day - Hibiki
フタリの記憶 - Iori
七彩ボタン - Iori
Do-Dai - Hibiki, Ami, Mami
きゅんっ!ヴァンパイアガール - Iori, Yayoi
Honey Heartbeat - Hibiki, Iori, Yayoi, Ami, Mami
Smoky Thrill - Iori, Ami, Mami, Hibiki, Yukiho
THE IDOLM@STER- im@s Allstars
READY!!- im@s Allstars
CHANGE!!!!- im@s Allstars
私たちはずっと…でしょう?- im@s Allstars
自分REST@RT- im@s Allstars

L.O.B.M

Bold indicates that these songs are in all 3 versions of the game.
oh hai, dont mind me,just upgrading your post.

KAWAII SENTAI LOLIRANGER.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 31, 2012, 02:31:10 pm »
Shiny Festa was #1 in sales this week.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497823

Yodudes0

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 01, 2012, 03:25:23 am »
Shiny Festa was #1 in sales this week.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497823

I find it interesting how iM@S sold almost 3 times more than AKB. Maybe fictitious idols are more popular than real ones?
Or maybe the PSP just has sold more than the 3DS has.

starfighter9

• Apprentice
  • Ku~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 01, 2012, 06:41:34 am »
I couldn't find a proper list of shop items anywhere and the wiki page is woefully lacking, so i decided i might as well train my Japanese reading skills and make a rough translation.
These are the items that you use with a song, in the shop window its the top left button (アイテム). 2 items are still locked for me because i'm only rank A right now, i'll update when i rank up to S.
Edit: I've ranked up, added the items. They're just 'super' versions of the Z versions anyway.
My japanese is not very good (im still learning) so feel free to point out if i made any mistakes.
I also included my own opinion on each item.

All the .Z items are permanent infinite-use versions of the normal items, I didn't include a separate entry since it's all the same except for the 「消費されません」 at the end of description which means its not used up after a song. Thus you should always just buy the Z versions since you can endlessly use them, it's definitely more worth it in the long run. Only one item per song use though, and you have to go backstage to change which item is set to be used.

ターゲットサポーター
Target Supporter
ターゲット判定かちょっと大きくなります。
Target determination is a little bigger. (Increases the 'hitbox' of the target, you have more leeway for mistakes)
めざせ, フル コンボ!
Aim, full combo!

Imo this item is cheap as hell, i used it once and instant 100% SSS. It seems to upgrade all 'Good' to 'Perfect', at least that's my impression after using it.

アイコンサポーター
Icon Supporter
ロングアイコンな離しても大丈夫。
It's ok if you let go in the middle of a hold icon.
うっかりしてもこれで安心!
Don't worry about accidents!

This isn't as useful imo unless you have severe hit-and-lift-finger issues. It's still kind of cheap though, considering how it lets you autoignore all hold notes.

キラメキプラス
Kirameki Plus
キラメキメーターが上がりやすくなります。
Kirameki metre goes up faster.
これですぐにキラメキMAX!
With this, quickly max Kirameki!

Didn't even bother to buy this, not much use imo. If you want to see more of the Special PV, Theatre is there for you. Use itemslot for better stuff.

キラメキガード
Kirameki Guard
キラメキメーターが下がりにくくなります。
Kirameki metre decreases more slowly.
コンボが切れてもこれで安心
Peace of mind even if your combo breaks. (What a stupid description, as if our primary concern is maxing Kirameki.)

Even more useless than above, because you only seem to lose Kirameki on Bad.

ファンプラス
Fan Plus
ファンが増えやすくなります。
Easier to gain fans.
いつも以上にキラキラしてる!?
I'm shining more than usual!?

Exactly what it says on the tin. One of the more useful items imo, but comes at a hefty 35000 price for the Z version (normal is 3000).

ちょーファンプラス.Z
Super Fan Plus Z
Same as above, but bigger increase.

思い出プラス
Memories Plus
思い出か増えやすくなります。
Easier to gain memories.
みんあとの距離も縮まるかも?
See the distance (between you and the idols) decrease?

This increases memories gained by 50%, and imo is a must for memory farming for use in SOF. I have this on pretty much all the time.

ちょー思い出プラス.Z
Super Memories Plus Z
Same as above, bigger increase.

シンプルライン
Simple Line
メロディーラインがまっすぐになります。
Melody line becomes straight.
まずはこれで歌な覚えましょう!
Learn a song with this first!

Instead of the fancy-pantsy curly-whirly/ziggy-zaggy lines, you get ... a straight line. Useful for practice as the description says, however its only really useful for practicing when you have no idea of the relation between notes and song rhythm. When playing songs i already know i noticed no improvement at all. Also makes it kind of boring, and if i want to practice i'd rather put memories/fan plus to farm more of those.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 12:38:34 pm by starfighter9 »