Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolmaster Shiny Festa  (Read 143692 times)

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
Re: Idolmaster Shiny Festa
« Reply #675 on: April 29, 2013, 03:39:48 am »
I'm hoping that more people will buy this game.  By this way, it will motivate Namco to translate more idolmaster games such as idolmaster 2.

I'm worried that if people use the overprice excuse and not buy the game, it will convince Namco that nobody cares about idolmaster and will not localize any more games.

For once we actually have something that we want and all people do is find something else to complain about.  Atleast, the localization is pretty much perfect, except for the price.

I'm hoping people would buy this less.
If Shiny Festa were to be successful, it would only show that it's completely fine to alter and censor the game, thus giving me a lesser version. I don't want an iM@S 2 or 3 without swimsuits, and altered character bios. Not when we have niche titles that have such content and there's no fuss made. It's not whether or not it's fine to show such a thing in NA, but whether or not its fine to give me less for more.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #676 on: April 29, 2013, 03:44:45 am »
I don't want an iM@S 2 or 3 without swimsuits

There would only be 3 outfits in the game at that rate.  ::)

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 29, 2013, 04:05:08 am »
I don't think they'd remove swimsuits for a console release, I think what they did in the app was just to appease Apple's weird regulations. Especially considering they were willing to keep everything else, which is much more "inappropriate" than swimsuits.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:20:14 am by ninjamitsuki »

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 29, 2013, 04:41:27 am »
I don't think they'd remove swimsuits for a console release, I think what they did in the app was just to appease Apple's weird regulations. Especially considering they were willing to keep everything else, which is much more "inappropriate" than swimsuits.

I'd rather not talk about iOS regulations. Not even the Apple employees who regulate releases understand them. I seriously doubt it had to do with that, and more to do with how timid NBGI is acting with the idea of iM@S in NA.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 29, 2013, 02:01:08 pm »
For once we actually have something that we want and all people do is find something else to complain about.

We wanted iM@S in English, but no one asked for... this.

And I don't think it'll send the message that no one wants iM@S if we all send the message to Namco that we don't like they way they handled it and are treating us.

(Please, someone please go complain in that Namco forum topic. They've told us to address concerns on their forum. That's why I made it.)

Heattokun

• huuuuuur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 30, 2013, 10:54:51 pm »
My problem is that when i tried playing a song i had this horrendous unplayable lag.
I uninstalled my copy of HS/...HS and now im gonna play something thats unrelated.
so yeah.

KAWAII SENTAI LOLIRANGER.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #681 on: May 01, 2013, 01:34:04 am »
My problem is that when i tried playing a song i had this horrendous unplayable lag.
I uninstalled my copy of HS/...HS and now im gonna play something thats unrelated.
so yeah.

Does Apple's store have refunds like the Android store?
I'd hate to think you wasted your money on an unplayable game...

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 01, 2013, 03:09:31 am »
Apple store does not do 15 minute refunds, or any type of refund except for extreme cases (like when someone's dumb enough to let their kid make $10000 worth in in-app purchases)

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 01, 2013, 04:25:39 am »
You can get a refund if you purchased the wrong version of an app, like buying the iPhone version instead of the iPad version, but you have to contact a human (it's not entirely automated). This video explains how to do it:

http://cnettv.cnet.com/get-refund-your-ios-apps/9742-1_53-50103346.html
(fast forward to 2 minutes, 25 seconds)

I imagine that Apple would give you a refund for other legitimate reasons too.

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 03, 2013, 04:27:23 am »
So I just got an event in the game where Miki and Takane talk about the pains of having big breasts... IN ENGLISH.

That's ok, but not swimsuits? Okay...

Rated 4+

Zerorush

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 03, 2013, 09:42:36 am »
Don't see the big deal with the loss of swimsuits. I actually get kind of upset every time a new catalog outfit is ANOTHER swimsuit variation or a new statue/figure is yet again another bikini.

Seriously, there are so many awesome and creative outfits in this series and everyone just defaults to the one that shows the most skin.

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 03, 2013, 06:47:58 pm »
The big deal is that it was an unnecessary change. In a game where you can't customize anything, and have little to no choice, it's frustrating not being able to play with the original content because of your region.

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 07, 2013, 11:40:24 pm »
Some afterthoughts:

This would have been a very wonderful release, censorship aside, had it been handled with a little more care and attention to the market it got released in.
Had they took into consideration the iOS market, I'm sure NBGI would have found more success in this if they released one version, with just iM@S allstars songs bundled in. (Of course, there's the issue of which episode to play in the beginning, and the whole different idol units in Shiny Festa mode, but it couldn't have been too hard of a task to make that work) Then, charge for individual idol songs. Or sell them as a pack for every idol or something. Instead, just like the PSP version, the iOS version oozes of laziness, and reeks of missed opportunity.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #688 on: May 08, 2013, 01:37:50 am »
Some afterthoughts:

This would have been a very wonderful release, censorship aside, had it been handled with a little more care and attention to the market it got released in.
Had they took into consideration the iOS market, I'm sure NBGI would have found more success in this if they released one version, with just iM@S allstars songs bundled in. (Of course, there's the issue of which episode to play in the beginning, and the whole different idol units in Shiny Festa mode, but it couldn't have been too hard of a task to make that work) Then, charge for individual idol songs. Or sell them as a pack for every idol or something. Instead, just like the PSP version, the iOS version oozes of laziness, and reeks of missed opportunity.

The DLC idea is good.
This would have lowered the cost of the base game to give players a little taste of the game and if they liked it they could have bought the extra packages instead of dropping a bunch of money on it up front.

Honestly, I feel like this iOS release was their plan from the beginning based on Shiny Festa's gameplay style with the lack of button association.

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 08, 2013, 11:11:13 pm »
Don't see the big deal with the loss of swimsuits. I actually get kind of upset every time a new catalog outfit is ANOTHER swimsuit variation or a new statue/figure is yet again another bikini.

Seriously, there are so many awesome and creative outfits in this series and everyone just defaults to the one that shows the most skin.
Agreed. I miss Yayoi's cute little sailor suit but it was replaced by an equally cute costume.
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013

[4:15:39 PM] MooMoo: i think nonowa's cute tho
[4:15:59 PM] MooMoo: i bet if she was real she'd feel like a ballon full of warm water