Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolmaster Shiny Festa  (Read 131736 times)

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
Re: Idolmaster Shiny Festa
« Reply #660 on: April 28, 2013, 05:16:57 am »
Censored??

What?

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 28, 2013, 05:20:28 am »
Yeah, I know.  I never heard anything that was censored in this game.

And also.  I know this game is a little bit overprice, but is there any other way to play this game in English?  If there is another way to play this game in English, then let us know. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 08:57:35 am by mariokirby »

Chance4U

• All for one, and two for tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 28, 2013, 03:22:59 pm »
Censored??

What?

I think what Scotty is referring to is that Namco replaced most of the bathing suits in game with other costumes.

Examples:
Yayoi doesn't change into "Sailor Swimsuit" in the US ver of Kiramekirari. She instead gets "Full Bloom Yukata Dress".
765PRO doesn't wear swimsuits in "L・O・B・M" anymore. Namco changed it to "Hula ALOHA Girl".
"An idol's job is to carry everybody's dreams. They're supposed to use song and dance to make people happy. When the famous idols I know appear on TV or do concerts... That alone makes the audiences watching them smile. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO BE AN IDOL TOO..."
   - Ai Hidaka, THE IDOLM@STER DEARLY STARS Splash Red

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #663 on: April 28, 2013, 05:39:17 pm »
I think what Scotty is referring to is that Namco replaced most of the bathing suits in game with other costumes.

Examples:
Yayoi doesn't change into "Sailor Swimsuit" in the US ver of Kiramekirari. She instead gets "Full Bloom Yukata Dress".
765PRO doesn't wear swimsuits in "L・O・B・M" anymore. Namco changed it to "Hula ALOHA Girl".

Wait...they do that, but,
That Ami translation...

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 28, 2013, 10:25:05 pm »
She's referring to the fact that Ami still refers to herself as "sexy" even though she's only 13.

The swimsuit thing doesn't make any sense, though.

Chance4U

• All for one, and two for tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 28, 2013, 10:41:17 pm »
The swimsuit thing doesn't make any sense, though.

I guess they were trying to avoid being in a bit of a scandal for having underage girls in skimpy bathing suits included in a game for four year olds.
"An idol's job is to carry everybody's dreams. They're supposed to use song and dance to make people happy. When the famous idols I know appear on TV or do concerts... That alone makes the audiences watching them smile. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO BE AN IDOL TOO..."
   - Ai Hidaka, THE IDOLM@STER DEARLY STARS Splash Red

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 28, 2013, 10:50:00 pm »
But that's the least of concern.

You can have tight outfits and jiggle physics. You can have a song sung by a 14 and 15 year old with risque moaning. You can have songs about sex. You can have a 15 year old girl being a total horn dog to a man in his twenties. You can have 13 year olds going on about their sexy bodies.

But god forbid you put bathing suits in it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:09:02 am by ninjamitsuki »

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 28, 2013, 10:58:33 pm »
Hasn't Apple removed a lot of games for various reasons?  I bet if they ever became fully aware of the lyrics/dialogue, the games would be removed.

edit: I should clarify.  Every once in a while I see news about a game being removed, usually for being controversial, often outright vile (like that baby shaking game).  That indicates that Apple isn't looking too closely at their store- not surprising, isn't it overwhelmed with shovelware?  So some games squeeze through the approval process and then get taken down later.

I'm not sure what, if any, games have been taken down for hard-to-justify reasons.  I am not an Apple fan so I don't go searching for this stuff.  I'm not sure what would happen if someone complained.  Some anti-game nuts will go after anything... they tend to get shrugged off... with respect to Western games at least.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 11:27:35 pm by JNiles »

Saturos

• Producer
  • Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 28, 2013, 11:12:02 pm »
Hasn't Apple removed a lot of games for various reasons?  I bet if they ever became fully aware of the lyrics/dialogue, the games would be removed.

I better buy one of these soon then lmao.
MAKO MAKO RIIIIIIIIIN!!

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 29, 2013, 12:17:39 am »
I'm hoping that more people will buy this game.  By this way, it will motivate Namco to translate more idolmaster games such as idolmaster 2.

I'm worried that if people use the overprice excuse and not buy the game, it will convince Namco that nobody cares about idolmaster and will not localize any more games.

For once we actually have something that we want and all people do is find something else to complain about.  Atleast, the localization is pretty much perfect, except for the price.

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 29, 2013, 12:19:36 am »
Honestly, I think that it's "too late" to translate iM@S 2. But I think iDOLM@STER 3, whenever it comes out, should have a planned English release. I would be so happy.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 29, 2013, 12:40:02 am »
Actually, it's not too late.  Idolmaster 2 is the current Mothership title because just this month they released the new catalog.  In otherwords, Namco is still working on idolmaster 2.

As for the price, hasn't Namco always overprice the idolmaster products such as the DLC catalogs and others?

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #672 on: April 29, 2013, 12:50:42 am »
I'm hoping that more people will buy this game.  By this way, it will motivate Namco to translate more idolmaster games such as idolmaster 2.

I'm worried that if people use the overprice excuse and not buy the game, it will convince Namco that nobody cares about idolmaster and will not localize any more games.

For once we actually have something that we want and all people do is find something else to complain about.  Atleast, the localization is pretty much perfect, except for the price.

Sadly I never wanted this.
I really just don't think iDOLM@STER can survive here. I'm sorry.

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 29, 2013, 01:19:07 am »
I would really much rather wait on iM@s 3 than have iM@S 2 localized, because that would mean I would have to buy all my DLC all over again. ;_;
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 01:25:41 am by ninjamitsuki »

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #674 on: April 29, 2013, 02:37:39 am »
I would really much rather wait on iM@s 3 than have iM@S 2 localized, because that would mean I would have to buy all my DLC all over again. ;_;

Unless the DLC worked cross version. It works that way with the Asian and Japanese releases so I often download from multiple stores. The Asian one is a lil friendlier since the item descriptions are already translated into English.