Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolmaster Shiny Festa  (Read 141152 times)

digi162

• View Profile
Re: Idolmaster Shiny Festa
« Reply #645 on: April 24, 2013, 06:07:36 am »
I thought about what has been said about supporting this release in hopes of more IM@S titles.

If sales did well for this release of Shiny Festa, and they wanted to translate more IM@S games, wouldn't they go after Cinderella Girls next lololol?  I can't see them releasing a console game based on good mobile sales.  Wouldn't good mobile sales only justify bringing over more mobile games haha?
MCDONALDS x YAYOI FANFIC PLZ

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 24, 2013, 07:40:10 am »
I'd love there to be an English version of Cinderella girls. Sounds very easy, similar games have already been localized, and I'd like to play it if it were in English.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: April 24, 2013, 08:48:57 am »
i'd actually buy it (at least groovy tunes) if it were on any other device. But i'm NOT going to buy an 800$ phone just for this. especially when i could buy a freaking PS4 "soon" for less money.

ok, a windows phone would be out of the question as well.

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: April 24, 2013, 03:49:31 pm »
You could always buy a $330 iPad mini instead.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: April 24, 2013, 07:51:35 pm »
Yes, I know $55 is kind of expensive.  But as you said, it has everything the community wanted in a translation so why not support the game?

Becasue I refuse to support those kinds of business practices.

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: April 25, 2013, 01:37:01 am »
You can buy an iPhone 4S for only $99 to play the game.  The website says you can still play the game with an iphone 4S, an iPad, an iPad mini, and others.

That's only when you're committing to a new 2-year service contract, not when you want to just purchase the hardware.  That's when you  buy an iPod Touch or iPad.  I'd recommend an iPad since they're useful for more purposes.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 26, 2013, 03:53:25 pm »
The problem is, Is there any other way to play the Idolmaster games that is translated?  The only way is to rely on Namco to translate the idolmaster games.

Yes there is fan translation, but that can take a really long time.  Maybe 3 or more years.  In fact, the only idomaster game that even has a translation is the SP series and they are still not completed with the translation. 

I'm not saying the SP translation is taking long time.  I'm saying to wait and play a completely fan translated idolmaster game will take a long time.  This is where Namco can help out.  Buying the game may motivate Namco to translate more Idolmaster games like Idolmaster 2

See, your argument is that we should support Namco because they're the only ones that can officially translate.

My argument is that I refuse to support Namco on this title because I don't want to encourage them to handle future titles like this. I want them to do it the right way, then they can have my money.

EDIT: Also, seriously, more posts in that Namco topic. I want at least 10 there before I pass it on ._.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #652 on: April 27, 2013, 06:52:55 pm »
That's only when you're committing to a new 2-year service contract, not when you want to just purchase the hardware.  That's when you  buy an iPod Touch or iPad.  I'd recommend an iPad since they're useful for more purposes.

Or you could just buy a ps3/xbox360 get the actual idolm@ster games and enjoy them for the same/cheaper price.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 28, 2013, 12:11:00 am »

My argument is that I refuse to support Namco on this title because I don't want to encourage them to handle future titles like this. I want them to do it the right way, then they can have my money.

What do you mean by the right way?  Namco did alot right things in localizing this idolmaster game.

1) They kept the Japanese Voice Acting in the game

2) They kept the Japanese Voice Acting in the OVAs as well.

3) The Translation is pretty good

4)  The character's personality are actually captured pretty well in the translation.

5) They kept and retain the Japanese Culture in this game.

This is pretty much everything what an idolmaster fan wanted in a localization.  This is why I bought the game.
The only thing to complain really, is that they should of released the U.S version not only on an Apple device (such as an iphone, iPod Touch, iPad,  iPad mini, and others), but also on the PSP as well.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 12:26:11 am by mariokirby »

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 28, 2013, 12:26:16 am »
It's just that it's overpriced for such a bare bones rhythm game.

Even the original PSP version of Shiny Festa is overpriced when you think about it. But let's see what they do with further localization. I think the next target for them should be Cinderella Girls because social gaming is really big now and it could work out.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 28, 2013, 12:30:18 am »
It's just that it's overpriced for such a bare bones rhythm game.

Even the original PSP version of Shiny Festa is overpriced when you think about it. But let's see what they do with further localization. I think the next target for them should be Cinderella Girls because social gaming is really big now and it could work out.

That' true.  The PSP Version is overprice as well.  Some of the DLC Catalogs for Idolmaster 2 are overpriced.  This isn't anything new.

Also. Would you rather pay a little extra money to play a fully translated game, so you can understand and enjoy what the idols are saying.  Or wait 3 or more years for a fan translation, and by that time Shiny Festa 2 might get released.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 01:21:08 am by mariokirby »

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
    • Check me out on Tumblr!
« Reply #656 on: April 28, 2013, 02:27:25 am »
OH, SCAMCO. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. T_T

I would buy the game if it were on any OTHER system...I wonder why they chose iOS? I have an iPod Touch 4th generation and it says it's compatible, but with my luck, I'd buy the game only to have it crash every time it tries to load. By the way, for those who have purchased it, how much space does it take up? It seems like it would take up quite a bit.

I'm going to Japan this summer anyways so I might as well pick up the games there, like how I did with SP. I feel like a console/handheld is a more reliable system than an iPhone or iPod.

However, the game is the type of localization any iM@S fan would want. Too bad they just didn't release it on the PSP. Unless this is simply a prelude to things to come...

idolfanaticV1

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: April 28, 2013, 03:04:15 am »
Ikuto-sama, it takes 2.69 GB of data, not including DLC songs.

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
    • Check me out on Tumblr!
« Reply #658 on: April 28, 2013, 03:35:32 am »
Ikuto-sama, it takes 2.69 GB of data, not including DLC songs.

Thanks! That's actually less than I thought it would...

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 28, 2013, 04:14:17 am »
What do you mean by the right way?  Namco did alot right things in localizing this idolmaster game.

1) They kept the Japanese Voice Acting in the game

2) They kept the Japanese Voice Acting in the OVAs as well.

3) The Translation is pretty good

4)  The character's personality are actually captured pretty well in the translation.

5) They kept and retain the Japanese Culture in this game.

This is pretty much everything what an idolmaster fan wanted in a localization.  This is why I bought the game.
The only thing to complain really, is that they should of released the U.S version not only on an Apple device (such as an iphone, iPod Touch, iPad,  iPad mini, and others), but also on the PSP as well.

It's overpriced, not only in the sense of a PSP title, but in comparison to the majority of games offered on the iOS platform. Not only that, they decided to go ahead and give us a censored version. A translation of Shiny Festa does not warrant such a price, no matter how great the job was.