Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolmaster Shiny Festa  (Read 143993 times)

DarkMorford

• Greenhorn
  • なんくるないさー!
    • View Profile
Re: Idolmaster Shiny Festa
« Reply #615 on: April 22, 2013, 07:16:33 pm »
To be fair, the PSP digital downloads are 5380円 each, which is right around that $55 USD mark. (The UMDs have a sticker price of 5980円, about $60 USD).

So they're not stupidly overpriced. Just stupidly overpriced for an iOS title.

darkarn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 22, 2013, 07:18:09 pm »
To be fair, the PSP digital downloads are 5380円 each, which is right around that $55 USD mark. (The UMDs have a sticker price of 5980円, about $60 USD).

So they're not stupidly overpriced. Just stupidly overpriced for an iOS title.

This.

The localization issues (ACCIDENTs lol?) are not helping it either :(

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 22, 2013, 07:27:30 pm »
They only support newer iOS devices, ones with at least an A5 chip. I wonder why.

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 22, 2013, 07:34:35 pm »
E-mail is a fun hoobie.

I'm wondering who will purchase this, because I would assume everyone who is into IM@S would have already purchased the PSP versions already.  It was such an import friendly game to begin with, but I guess if you don't have a PSP, this version will probably be appealing.
Exactly, I agree. It's not about being "sheep" or it being too expensive (Once again, it is the same price for the same game on a different device. No one complained when they sold THE iDOLM@STER 2 for the PS3 on the same price  ::))

The game is so import-friendly as it is that most iM@S fans who wanted the game own the PSP version already.

It's a fine port, honestly. Just not a great game.
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013

[4:15:39 PM] MooMoo: i think nonowa's cute tho
[4:15:59 PM] MooMoo: i bet if she was real she'd feel like a ballon full of warm water

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 22, 2013, 07:36:20 pm »
I don't have Shiny Festa for PSP yet but I might get the IOS version despite its price.

I really do want to support iM@S in the west no matter what.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #620 on: April 22, 2013, 07:49:15 pm »
Does anyone have Haruka's translated bio? I wanna see how much they destroyed her.

chikorita157

• わたし、気になります!
    • View Profile
    • Chikorita157's Anime Blog
« Reply #621 on: April 22, 2013, 08:42:10 pm »
*facepalms at the price*

Scamco at it's finest... but why on the iOS? I don't play mobile games on my Smartphone since it drains the battery too quickly and I use my phone for other things. Would rather have it released on the PSN... oh well, I own one of the games already, but I'm laughing at this.

AbsoluteZero45

• Apprentice
  • Watashi wa Zero!
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 22, 2013, 10:05:52 pm »
In my opinion, I'm kinda split on the news.  On the one hand, they finally localized an Im@s game, are supporting it with new DLC, and branching out by releasing it on the IOS.  On the other hand, $55 felt overpriced for 1/3 of a PSP game, and it feels even more so now being released for the IOS market. 

In the end, none of this will really affect my decision to purchase as I have no way to play IOS games at this time.  Maybe when I finally do, the price will come down and they will patch the translation errors.
XBLA/PSN:  AbsoluteZero45

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 22, 2013, 10:30:00 pm »
Yes, I'm also split. I'm so glad iDOLM@STER is finally in English, but it HAD to be an overpriced smart phone game.

Compassionate Sadist

• waifusexual
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 22, 2013, 10:42:17 pm »
As much as I like im@s, 55 dollars for a mobile game is just ridiculous in my opinion. Plus not everyone has an iOS device. But that's just my opinion at least.

Yeah, pretty much. I'm really disappointed, honestly.
And wouldn't people who aren't iM@S fans but might be curious about it going to be turned off by the high prices? Kind of a bad decision on their part, imho.

also, lol "hoobies"

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 22, 2013, 10:47:38 pm »
"hoobies" will now be a regular part of my vocabulary.

Zerorush

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 22, 2013, 11:50:14 pm »
In my opinion, I'm kinda split on the news.  On the one hand, they finally localized an Im@s game, are supporting it with new DLC, and branching out by releasing it on the IOS.  On the other hand, $55 felt overpriced for 1/3 of a PSP game, and it feels even more so now being released for the IOS market. 

In the end, none of this will really affect my decision to purchase as I have no way to play IOS games at this time.  Maybe when I finally do, the price will come down and they will patch the translation errors.

I've seen a few people say that all of the DLC songs are free and it is indeed all of the PSP version's default library of music. Supposedly to cut down on the download size of the game. So essentially its the full game if that's true.

Saturos

• Producer
  • Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 23, 2013, 01:15:37 am »
Ugh, I recently got a 5th gen iTouch and I currently am conflicted about this one. I want it, yet, I don't. I'm unable to jb, too, damnit.
MAKO MAKO RIIIIIIIIIN!!

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 23, 2013, 03:51:07 am »
So how is the actual translation?  Is it as good as fan translators such as Namassuka or the fan subbers for the Anime?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 03:59:58 am by mariokirby »

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 23, 2013, 02:34:36 pm »
I put some links to bigger websites reporting on this with all of the negative responses on that Namco topic, but I'd like a few more posts in it before I push it to Namco. Only four posts so far.