Username: Password:

Author Topic: Do people really share DLC Songs or downloaded other peoples' DLC Songs?  (Read 4304 times)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
Do people really share DLC Songs or downloaded other peoples' DLC Songs?  Has there been anybody in the past that either shared their DLC Song or Downloaded other peoples' DLC Songs.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
It's sort of impossible now.
In the past people used to do it, but I think PSN is cracking down on people who do it.
The only way you could do it safely is on the same ps3 (as in with your family and stuff).

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
Cracking down how? I have two PS3s at my house and I share content between the two.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Yes but I highly doubt you log on to both your ps3s at the same time on the same account.
And if you do, then I've been told absolute crap by many people on this forum.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
*Sigh* Buying three or four can get pretty expensive.  Oh well.  It seems I don't have much of a choice.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
Yes but I highly doubt you log on to both your ps3s at the same time on the same account.
And if you do, then I've been told absolute crap by many people on this forum.

...Is it even possible to do that? I mean I've never tried, but I've never thought about trying either.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
I know buying the DLC is expensive, but when you love a franchise the only way to get more is to support them.
It's really hypocritical because I've only bought one DLC for idolm@ster 2. I did buy lots for im@s sp though

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
...Is it even possible to do that? I mean I've never tried, but I've never thought about trying either.

You can do it, but there's upper limits which are more restrictive than they used to be, on the PS3 anyway. It's due to the fact that they (supposedly) cap you to 6 devices total, 2 per device type (PS3/PSP/Vita) although in testing, we haven't actually hard hit the limit yet. (Mostly due to security. I'll find a third PS3 to try it on later)

The text proved very, very interesting too - as long as the content isn't locked per account requiring you to be logged into an account linked to that particular PSN account (When you check the information, it will tell you if this is the case) you can even play its multiplayer aspects even though only one of you paid for the game. Warriors Orochi 3 (PSN download) was one of the titles we used to test this, and we had the original account holder, and someone who downloaded the game using the account holder to download the game play each other, on different accounts.

Yeah, you'd THINK they'd locked that. Apparently not.

There's apparently issues with doing that a LOT (ie. Having it go around 20 friends) though, since you'll supposedly have to revoke past the second, and you can only do that a limited number of times, with a timer reset.

The Xbox 360 is the easier to work with though - you tie the DLC to one X360 (namely the one you bought it on), as well as tie it to an account (Namely the account you bought it on) - and that account can go virtually ANYWHERE, and be used as a 'loan account', no hopping issues.

It proves to me more practical that way, since you can throw your profile (with all its permissions) on a USB (or even zip it up, if you like), then take it to a friend's X360 and then access your DLC from the X360, regardless if they own it or not.

It's surprisingly useful if you want to take it to a convention, for example.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

AweOfShe

• 真のアイドルマスター
    • View Profile
    • Streaming random games at random times, live.
You can see the activation limits if you log in to your account via qriocity. The site allows you to remove the console activations from that site if one of your PS3/PSP/Vita dies. It's a good place for managing where you want your account activated on or not.

EDIT: As for the OP, I haven't personally done it. I don't like sharing accounts. >_>
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 06:10:49 am by AweOfShe »
NNID - Daioujou | 3DS FC - 0559 7548 8384
XBL/PSN/Steam - AweOfShe1

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
I knew about the activation limits. I was interpreting that literally. Like logging onto both on the same account at the same time.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
I knew about the activation limits. I was interpreting that literally. Like logging onto both on the same account at the same time.

See the second half of what I said: Basically, if the item in question does not require you to be 'Always connected' you CAN access the same DLC (or other downloaded data) on two different PS3s, simultaneously.

A PS3 release game playing multiplayer with each other using the SAME account to grab it (Although played on different accounts due to the whole 'You can't invite your own self to a game' issue) probably qualifies for that one.

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
Well yeah, I knew that, too. I just mean I don't know if it's possible to have the same account logged on at the same time, regardless of what's being used or shared or anything like that. Like I know you can log onto Xbox Live on both a 360 and a PC at the same time, but I've never tried with two 360s. Likewise, I've never tried logging onto PSN on the same account on two PS3s at the same time.

AweOfShe

• 真のアイドルマスター
    • View Profile
    • Streaming random games at random times, live.
Like I know you can log onto Xbox Live on both a 360 and a PC at the same time

This I never knew. I only used the PC log-ins when I wanted to use Voice/Party Options when I was playing Phantasy Star Portable 2, over Infrastructure mode, so that I didn't have to grab Gold, lol. Good to know.
NNID - Daioujou | 3DS FC - 0559 7548 8384
XBL/PSN/Steam - AweOfShe1

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
Okay I bought a few DLC songs, so can I invite my friend to my home and give him the DLC or can we be at two different places?

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
Okay I bought a few DLC songs, so can I invite my friend to my home and give him the DLC or can we be at two different places?

Well, you COULD do that (you'd need to drag his PS3 to do it) but what you'll need to do is this:

1. Have your friend make a new profile on his PS3.
2. On this new profile, attach the account that you want to share. (You'll need a net connection past this point, of course)
3. Once you successfully logged in with your account, and you have successfully accessed the store, go to the part where you log in, then go to account management (same menu area as the login/PSN store), download history, then redownload the DLC.
4. (This may be optional, some require, some don't) You then need to  go to account management, then activate the PS3 content for the account linked.

You will need to keep the shared account on the system (Although you do NOT need to be directly logged into that profile that houses the account shared, unless the DLC requires a constant net connection) to share the DLC.

I do not advise you do this unless you understand the risks involved - namely, you're giving someone else the keys to the account in question. This includes account purchases, because they'll have access to any money credited to the account.