Username: Password:

Author Topic: Is anyone else scared of people finding out about your liking IM@S?  (Read 17109 times)

RisingStar

• I'll do my best!
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else scared of people finding out about your liking IM@S?
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2012, 11:49:15 pm »
Don't you feel like a pusher? An agent of darkness, spreading deviancy and discord among your community? One of Satan's titles after all, is "Prince of the East".

See what eventually  happened to Haruka? ^ω^
http://gelbooru.com//samples/514/sample_a957c61d1168f0a6851f57a055a4ad1d12236277.jpg

I don't persuade them intentionally, I just enlighten them to the fact there's more to IM@S than girls dancing on stage in (sometimes) skimpy outfits. XD
And the link didn't work.

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2012, 12:59:26 am »
And the link didn't work.
Refresh it...

Benpc91

• View Profile
    • IMMWS
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2012, 01:55:29 am »
Really guys, stop hotlinking.  Save it and host it elsewhere.

The iDOLM@STER MAD World Service
The Gentlemen's Guide to THE iDOLM@STER

RisingStar

• I'll do my best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2012, 02:12:40 am »
Refresh it...

OK, I saw it... Crazy pic XD

nublet765

• Apprentice
  • Reporting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2012, 05:20:44 pm »
That's a cool game. I suck at national geography outside of Canada and the USA, and I've always kind of wanted to know the different prefectures, so this is helpful. Thanks.

There's another more fun/ridiculous way of learning the prefectures - by going to war!
http://www.kongregate.com/games/ZigZaGame/the-great-war-of-prefectures

Enjoy!  :P
Must learn Japanese one of these days ... T_T
Concert Challenge - http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1599.0.html

TTB

• anta nyanka...
    • View Profile
    • please help them out
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2012, 05:36:20 pm »
There's another more fun/ridiculous way of learning the prefectures - by going to war!
http://www.kongregate.com/games/ZigZaGame/the-great-war-of-prefectures

Enjoy!  :P

lmao it's like the pokemon version of Shogun Total War, except the Greek Gods and other greco-roman things are out-of-place.

It's impressive though, that whole game just for learning the prefects? Thanks for sharing! :)

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2012, 09:41:58 am »
So I've set my heart on ordering iDOLM@STERS Star Festa, but I have absolutely no idea of how to go about it, let alone get a credit card without having to involve my parents. And I'm sure that would promote explanations and searches... And then how am I supposed to explain it?  :-\

I love iDOLM@STERS, I just hate the stigma! (And the fact that iDOLM@STERS looks so explicitly wrong to anyone who doesn't get it.)
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013

[4:15:39 PM] MooMoo: i think nonowa's cute tho
[4:15:59 PM] MooMoo: i bet if she was real she'd feel like a ballon full of warm water

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2012, 12:37:42 pm »
If you have a bank account, you can pay with Paypal in some shops (PlayAsia?). You just have to transfer money from your normal account to your Paypal one. I'm not taking any responsibility if for some reason you will be stuck battling their customer service, though... ;-/

Other than that, the only solution is giving the money to someone who will order it for you. If you know someone you can trust, that is...

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2012, 01:28:03 pm »
Get a checking account and a debit card. It works like a credit card and most people aren't going to question why you'd want one knowing it's so you can use money out of a checking account.

Either that or yeah, attach you bank account to Paypal, but I'm not huge on that idea myself.

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2014, 03:09:10 pm »
I'm not afraid of it, I'm a proud fan~! 8)

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2014, 06:54:48 pm »
There's bigger things I have to worry about than people finding out about my liking for anime/iM@S on a regular basis. That said, I'm not so much scared of it being found out as much as, if someone does find out "oh boy here we go again" (mostly because offline, I'm the sort of person who doesn't like having to answer repeatedly asked questions, especially if I think them useless - and most of the time, anime-related questions are useless to me). Most of the people who do know about that fondness, though, don't really blink an eyelash. They just see it as an extension of my liking for anime (I never play video games when I have guests over, so they can't judge me based upon gameplay content).

...then again, seeing as I'm female and I live alone, this probably isn't as much of an issue for me as it may be for other people.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2014, 07:01:39 pm »
This is a tricky one. On one hand, I refuse to judge people by what they like, unless its something that is EXTREMELY poor-quality or offensive. On the other hand, I know people who are HEAVILY judgmental, not dropping any names or relations. I am more comfortable at school where I DO know quite a few anime fans where I can easily admit to it.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Chance4U

• All for one, and two for tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2014, 07:50:30 pm »
I don't care. Going to the park or our school's patio and dancing to iM@S tunes is something that I've been doing for a couple of years now, and people don't seem to mind. People actually seemed interested in the songs and dances, and when they learned it was iM@S, they were okay with it. My best friend and I were even allowed to perform Matane at our graduation ceremony.
"An idol's job is to carry everybody's dreams. They're supposed to use song and dance to make people happy. When the famous idols I know appear on TV or do concerts... That alone makes the audiences watching them smile. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO BE AN IDOL TOO..."
   - Ai Hidaka, THE IDOLM@STER DEARLY STARS Splash Red

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2014, 09:09:21 pm »
I'm pretty much in the same boat as Virgofall, minus being female. For people unfamiliar with anime, they're intrigued by this extension of my personality, my parents included. Furthermore, I have a pretty wide circle of anime friends so there's somewhere to let loose in. Overall, I feel people shouldn't have to be judgmental in light of my interests...

Unless I happen to be doing this for God knows why, so there's that. x3
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:17:40 pm by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Idol_Hearts

• looking back at my old posts - oh god why
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2014, 11:31:52 pm »
I'm ok with people I'm close to. For instance, I was showing my friend how to play Dearly Stars and I was comfortable with it. But to other people, I'll feel uncomfortable at first, but I guess it'll be ok in the end if they figure out my interests.
Most people I know don't watch anime, so I don't expect them to be overjoyed at the fact that their lives will be taken over by idols just by knowing that I like IM@S.