Username: Password:

Author Topic: Amami Haruka Cosplay- "No one is truly free"  (Read 38110 times)

Accoun

• View Profile
Re: Amami Haruka Cosplay- Costume Completion
« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2012, 09:57:26 pm »
Unless you were considering coming down here to dance with me. ^^ I have some thigh high socks you could borrow. : D
Hey, both my dance and visual stats are equal to 0. :-/ All I could do would be headbanging, but that's pretty much useless in Pop (aside from how I look and why I would not fit the genre)... ;)

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2012, 11:00:33 pm »
Second video: great work there. Like the opening and ending too.

Thanks satty! <3

Hey, both my dance and visual stats are equal to 0. :-/ All I could do would be headbanging, but that's pretty much useless in Pop (aside from how I look and why I would not fit the genre)... ;)

LOL!! That's why you train and do lessons!!

furix

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 18, 2012, 12:47:27 am »
or equip extremely broken costumes and accessories and amulets that will make you gain points like crazy! :s

TTB

• anta nyanka...
    • View Profile
    • please help them out
« Reply #183 on: May 18, 2012, 02:05:15 am »
Thanks satty!

And with that I'm presenting my last video. ^^
It has been really fun guys.

Enjoy it's special opening and ending!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDkCQ1VMbIU

ありがと!!

Ehhhhhhhhhh  :-\ what do you mean your last video? Are you taking a season off for sabbatical or retiring from the world of showbiz or something?

Hmm... Oh Rough Time School, that's one of my favorite umm..... wha...? Ok wow... that's really impressive....

...  o.o

Did you injure yourself...? Oh dojikko-chan, the true artists are those who endure true pain for their passion!  8)

... I remember Little Match Girl was the first IM@S2 song/video I ever watched...  :)

... A bellybutton! How scandalous! The hand moves are complex!

...Oh shaking those hips... hey that's sexy...  :D

I haven't played the games directly but I would guess the ending was inspired by a similar style from a later point in the gameplay?

Hmmm you must really like Haruka a lot to put so much effort into these projects... let's see.... ahh:

That pose look familiar?  ;)

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2012, 02:45:21 am »
Sankyuu TTB!
Little Match Girl has some difficult foot work so I changed into Rough Time School costume that I bought so I wouldn't have to dance in the heavy boots.

Ahh no, actually the ending was supposed to be the intro of the other video but I thought it would be funny to have a fall in slowmo and since it was too short I just added on the rest. ^^

Hmm...Haruka-chan hasn't had her farewell concert like in boxm@s yet so perhaps I'll spin something out for you guys.
I love you all!

Edit: Oh I practiced falling before the video, no idols were hurt in the making of the video!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:48:37 am by animagic4u »

kaeru-P

• Apprentice
  • No need to grow those chihaya, Small bre-*SMACK*
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 18, 2012, 12:51:46 pm »
I think your Little Match Girl was definitely better than the Megare one :P, Its one thing I've learned from animation, Animation tends to be exagerated in all aspects especially dancing and ironically enough this tends to make it more realistic in some odd way (seeing Im@s dances are animation). You definitely captured this in your Little Match Girl performance however the Megare one tended to be a little dull on some parts but you captured the dynamic movements there properly, I suggest you try to experiment first on some moves on which to exaggerate more (especially the ones where you just stand) and which to make more subtle to make it smooth but not to dull. In short try to add more bounce :P I know it was hard to move in the boots since I do wear boots too so try to experiment xD

One thing to note too in your LMG I really like how you not only used your feet and hands but your core muscles as well although LMG requires you to use your hips It is still one thing I've seen other people tend to overlook.

Other than that for your first try I was really impressed I've seen other fan dancing in the internet not just of the Im@s fanbase and not to mention you really captured the cheery desposition of haruka :P which adds more the appeal (you definitely have filipina blood xD) Keep up the good work and remember do try to avoid tripping xD ;)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:56:15 pm by kaeru-P »

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #186 on: May 18, 2012, 07:01:47 pm »
kaeru-P, arigato for all your feedback!! Megare is an awkward dance and I was so surprised it won. I think it looks much better with more people. ^^;; And yes, it's very hard to dance in boots.

Thanks for the feedback on Little Match Girl, I sort of have balance issues, so creating a tight core will keep you upright in some of those moves of Little Match Girl!! ^^;; I always feel like I'm going to fall over!! Haruka needs core training stat!!

And thank you again for noting my aim to capture Haruka's disposition!

(you definitely have filipina blood xD) Keep up the good work and remember do try to avoid tripping xD ;)

Ahh! I was a little worried people would want me to be Hibikin instead. ^^;
I will do my best to avoid falling over at the con!!  : D

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2012, 02:23:19 am »
Hey guys. A little update.
I don't know if anyone could tell since I'm so sneaky...but I sewed the socks wrong when I made them the first time. (I sewed them on the wrong grain so they were stretchy up and down and not side to side) Thus they were only as long as enough to fit into my boots about 3 cm in. They were short!!
So really, the socks were a pathetic facade and unfortunately, they would not fit my legs at all.

So I used socks glue...that stuff Japanese school girls use to glue their loose socks to their legs and prevent it from falling down.
Problem? The residue is disgusting and got on the socks and my leg and I had to throw the socks away.

Solution: Make new ones. Here's my progress.

Step 1: Haruka helps me find the stretch and I mark it on the side of the fabric so I don't forget this time. Thankfully, though, it is stretchy both ways which I find out later.

Step 2: I measure my thigh diameter divide it by two and take off a few inches because of the stretch. I want them to fit tightly!!

Step 3: After the fabric is cut, I pin the two pieces together, face side in, with Haruka's help.

Step 4: Time to sew the two pieces together.

Step 5: Cutting the seam allowance to allow the seams to lay flat.

Step 6: Not hemmed sock on my leg! ^^ Looks good

Hemming it will serve three purposes.
A) It looks good.
B) It will make it a wee bit tighter on my leg, which is good.
C) It will make it look more like Haruka's actual socks-

Step 7: I use the free arm on my sewing machine to hem.

Finished hem is not too visible.

Step 8: Cutting the excess fabric again.

Much better!!

Haruka helps me sew the second one as well. ^^

Funkies

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2012, 04:09:23 am »
I was a little worried there.  Mini-Haruka didn't seem to be pitching in much with sewing the first one.  It's all good though, she got her act together and contributed to the second.  She may be dressed casually... but an idol's work is never done.

I didn't notice the outfit shortcut in your videos, so the sock glue did the trick for sure.  I don't much like how it sticks either... though I've never had to wear it for a practical reason for any period of time.  I was a bit curious if the fabric was stretchy or not, as most of that glossy type I've run across doesn't give much (and doesn't seem like it'd breathe either).  Neat you found something that worked and handled well.  Granted... I don't do much fabric shopping myself.

Thanks for the run-down of how ya did it, always interesting to see it bit by bit.  Your Singer seems a bit fancier than what I'm familiar with, but they do make some groovy machines.  Your dedication is never-ending and it's awesome to see out of a cosplayer.

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2012, 04:45:57 am »
Huh, I never thought about fabric having a grain.  The more you know.  They probably talk about stuff like this at the cosplay panels at the local con, but I never attend those.

I haven't touched a sewing machine since middle school classes.  I'm afraid of sewing my hands together.  :(

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2012, 05:15:06 am »
Thanks for the run-down of how ya did it, always interesting to see it bit by bit.  Your Singer seems a bit fancier than what I'm familiar with, but they do make some groovy machines.  Your dedication is never-ending and it's awesome to see out of a cosplayer.

Of course! I know you love it. ^^ My singer is nothing fancy. It's from 2001 but it was the top of the line sewing machine in it's day. ^^ *sigh* I do have a 1034 D Brother Serger though, which faithfully sewed the entire skirt and vest. ^^ <3

Huh, I never thought about fabric having a grain.  The more you know.  They probably talk about stuff like this at the cosplay panels at the local con, but I never attend those.

I haven't touched a sewing machine since middle school classes.  I'm afraid of sewing my hands together.  :(

Now you know...and knowing is half the battle!!

Don't be afraid. ^^;; Then again, maybe I'm not the best person to talk. I think I'm too brave. I put my hand so close to the needle while it's sewing. Heheh...
Well you can never know what you can do until you try!!

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2012, 06:21:40 pm »
My Producer-san just finished collecting items for his costume yesterday!~

At the con we're going to have a special photoshoot so look forward to it!
Any suggestions for some poses between the Producer and Haruka? ^^

TTB

• anta nyanka...
    • View Profile
    • please help them out
« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2012, 03:10:53 am »
My Producer-san just finished collecting items for his costume yesterday!~ [/img]

At the con we're going to have a special photoshoot so look forward to it!
Any suggestions for some poses between the Producer and Haruka? ^^

Etto~ No offense but has this Producer-san considered shaving or trimming his beard to look more like the Producer? Or wearing a toupee? He's already got the dopey look down pat but his pants seem a bit loose and his suit is a little too short in the sleeves. I'm not good at cosplay or anything but these are just some ideas that came to mind is all. A super-cute Haruka deserves a stylish and handsome Producer deshou?  ;)

I'm still confused about this leg cloth glue thing you had written about earlier... it's baffling, I'd never heard of anything like it before... gluing clothing on to the wearer?

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2012, 03:47:54 am »
Etto~ No offense but has this Producer-san considered shaving or trimming his beard to look more like the Producer? Or wearing a toupee? He's already got the dopey look down pat but his pants seem a bit loose and his suit is a little too short in the sleeves. I'm not good at cosplay or anything but these are just some ideas that came to mind is all. A super-cute Haruka deserves a stylish and handsome Producer deshou?  ;)

I'm still confused about this leg cloth glue thing you had written about earlier... it's baffling, I'd never heard of anything like it before... gluing clothing on to the wearer?

Oh Japanese girls use the leg glue all the time. ^^ <3
Look it up!~

Funkies

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2012, 03:48:26 am »
I like his suit, he's wearin' it loose and ready to produce!  The tie is on the money... be it yen or USD.  How about giving him an iconic P somewhere, even written on the convention nametag would be groovy?  I approve of the facial hair, as not all Ps are cut from the same cloth!

Yar... difficult to think up poses for big P, but whatever you two think up will be quite awesome.  Just make sure you get at least one where it's as if he gave you a bad Morning Communication comment.  Haruka is hilarious when she throws her arms back in frustration.

Good luck and have fun at the convention!