Username: Password:

Author Topic: Fan Ideas: iDOLM@STER: 876's Prince and Dueling Live!  (Read 3227 times)

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
Fan Ideas: iDOLM@STER: 876's Prince and Dueling Live!
« on: February 11, 2014, 08:37:26 am »
Since Zeta shared his ideas about fanmade projects or ideas, I decided to make a thread detailing my fanwork ideas. One involves original idols, one involes Million Live. I've also had an idea regarding original idols. Male idols. I've been thinking of pitching it to an otome game community and get some male fandubbers and make it a community project. I know that one of these original idols will be a shota (female voiced) idol that I will voice myself. Maybe I should make a thread about it... It would heavily involve 876 and Ai and Eri would play a role, too.

First is an idea for an otome game set in the iDOLM@STER universe. Essentially iM@S Girls side. I don't know a good title for it but the placeholder will be called 876's Prince. I've been considering pitching this idea to an otome game community and make it a nice looking and sounding fandub project. I myself will voice a young-enough-to-be-voiced-by-a-girl idol, and I might voice Ryo if needed, too. The story would star Ryo, Touma, Hokuto, and Shouta, along with about 10 original male idols. Edit: I've made a post about some of the original idols, see my reply).
The setting? After Ryo's good Dearly Stars ending and his massive success even after revealing his sex, after some pleading Ryo convinces 876 pro to start a male idol branch. Some of the first to join are former Jupiter members looking for an agency with better business ethic than Kuroi... (that or just AU versions). The other 10 are complete newcomers to the idol world. "The Haruka", as in the main standard hero, will actually be Ryo. Ai and Eri will actually play a major part in Ryo's route, and they'll be there to cheer him on and give advice to both him and the producer.  The women working at 876 will also play a big role regardless of route, and will serve as mentors to the female producer-protagonist. Yumeko will serve as a rival in Ryo's route. Ryo will have an "Awakened" form just like Miki did in iM@s 1. Eri will make an appearance during Takuya's route.

For some of the original idols, see my reply. I will update the main post once I'm able to.

As for the costumes, it will be just like the main games, with three categories plus extend. The three categories are Past (Vocal), Present (Dance), and Future (Visual). Past will feature formal and elegant costumes, Present will have modern, cool idol clothes, and future will be the distaff counterpart of Cosmic and Funny/Starry, lights and everything. Touma, Hokuto, and Shouta's costumes from IM@S 2 will be their "present" costumes (and the aesthetic for the present category in general will be based on them. Ryo's costumes from Dearly Stars will be kept, but without the pads. He will even still wear the cute&girly dress for the past costumes (his androgyny is his appeal, afterall), though he will express displeasure when he wears it. Though I've also considered making Ryo wear a ouji style outfit with really short shorts for Past. Ideas for extend costumes could be gakuran, butler, casual, punkish gothic, street hopper, distaff My Dear Vampire, Tales cosplay, and one of my silly ideas would be a tokusatsu-themed set with matching accessories, the uniform being in each idol's image color. Hell, there could even be a Tokusatsu style song for your idols, lol. I am going to be learning music theory so maybe I will write this song.

Recurring Songs:
Dazzling World
Himitsu no Sangoushou
Alice or Guilty
Koi wo Hajimeyou
On Sunday
BangxBang
Kessou ~Crystal Dust~
Agent Yoru wo Yuku
Futari no Kioku (uses boku so appropriate)
A remixed version of Go My Way
Meisou Mind
Kosmos, Cosmos (also uses boku)

My other idea is DUELING LIVE! It's not a fandub project but rather a dream iDOLM@STER game.

It is about an all-out war between two production agencies. The game will be separated into two separate versions a la Pokemon, each version featuring a different production agency. One version will focus on good old 765, the other on a new production agency with the Million Live idols (or brand new idols entirely, maybe the Cinderella Girls?). The 765 version will feature every single song in the 765 repertoire, from Aoi Tori to We Have a Dream. The version focusing on the new production agency will feature entirely new songs. To fully stress the theme of new vs old, the DLC for the 765 version will consist entirely of songs that have only appeared on the CDs and never in the games, while the DLC for the other version will only feature brand new songs.

The story will be about 765 and the new agency in an all-out war for dominance in the industry, and players get to pick a side. The idols from the opposing version will be your rivals.

The gameplay will return to some of the features seen in the arcade game and be highly competitive with focus on multiplayer. There will be online leader boards for high scores, and you can pit the idols you've raised against other people playing the opposing game. Maybe even competitive multiplayer festivals? Your raising method will be key to winning. May the best producer win!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 06:48:38 am by ninjamitsuki »

Chance4U

• All for one, and two for tea!
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Ideas: iDOLM@STER: 876's Prince and Dueling Live!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 01:35:07 pm »
Wow, this sounds like a great idea! 876PRO is in definite need of a new game, and I could see this putting iM@S on the map for the Western world.

Just wondering, if either idea pans out, are you going to hold auditions for VA's? I'd hate to miss out on a fun opportunity like this...
"An idol's job is to carry everybody's dreams. They're supposed to use song and dance to make people happy. When the famous idols I know appear on TV or do concerts... That alone makes the audiences watching them smile. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO BE AN IDOL TOO..."
   - Ai Hidaka, THE IDOLM@STER DEARLY STARS Splash Red

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 04:07:13 pm »
For the record, I will totally voice someone for this if I can figure out how to record sound, make a video, and post it on Youtube.

I'm a girl, but my voice is already very masculine-sounding and I constantly practice hundreds of different voices with my little sister. So, yeah. XD

I love this idea, though! 876 PRO FTW.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 11:00:00 pm »
Wow, this sounds like a great idea! 876PRO is in definite need of a new game, and I could see this putting iM@S on the map for the Western world.

Just wondering, if either idea pans out, are you going to hold auditions for VA's? I'd hate to miss out on a fun opportunity like this...
I would hold auditions if I can get past just this basic idea.

Right now it's just a fun idea but I might do more with it!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:26:53 pm by ninjamitsuki »

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 02:53:48 am »
Alright! I've got some new ideas about 876's Prince! Three new characters and their concept, and some more info about Ryo's route.

Ryo Akizuki:
Like he is in Dearly Stars, Ryo is incredibly timid and will listen to orders (including wearing dresses). He just lets everyone push him around. However, during Ryo's route, there is a critical moment. Depending on the producer's answer, Ryo's outlook might change. This will be very similar to Awakened Miki in iM@S 1. At one point in the story, Ryo will ask producer what he needs to do to be top idol. If you say "Work hard!" Ryo will continue as normal. If you say, "Believe in yourself" Ryo's Awakaned state will trigger and he will start wearing glasses on stage instead of contacts, and his personality will be a bit more assertive. Much like Awakaned Miki, Ryo will develop a crush on producer and will ask her what kind of guy she likes. Depending on the answer, Ryo will cut his hair or leave it the same.

Satoshi Saito
Hobbies: Singing, drawing
 9 years old. A prodigy-like vocalist, incredibly gifted with singing at a young age. INCREDIBLY naive and gullible ("Satoshi" is an ironic name, given it means quick witted...). He will literally believe just about anything he's told. He trusts producer a lot and calls her oneechan. You have choices to lie to him and he will believe them, but generally will give you bad communications. He is easily frightened, though, so sometimes good communications requires stretching the truth. The theme of his route will be teaching him good judgement. Because he's so young producing him can almost feel like babysitting. He has a strict father and a doting mother who is rarely home. Naturally he has a huge ahoge. This route will be more platonic than the other routes due to his young age. Needless to say his route will have a LOT of both "video game caring potential" AND "video game cruelty potential" I want a female to voice him. Image color is orange.

Takuya Kimura
Hobbies: Anime, idols, video games (Especially "iDOLMeiSTER")
 He's an otaku. He spends all of his time (and money) on a bland name parody of iDOLM@STER (which has similar policies on DLC). He was a big fan of Eri Mizutani back in her net idol days. Eri's debut as an idol in 876 inspired him to join 876's Prince (initially it appears he only did this to earn money to buy more DLC...) Despite what one might assume from his appearance and hobbies, he is not shy at all. He is awkward, but he is not even aware of his own awkwardness and is quite outgoing despite this. Thus, he comes off as "dorky". Very knowledgeable about games, idols, and anime. He taught himself how to sing and dance to songs from fake IM@S, so he has great vocals, good dance, and poor visual. He has messy brown hair covering one eye. During his route you find out he is incredibly lonely and has even  been bullied, and uses that bright happy demeanor as well as his obsessions to cope with his lack of real life friends. Though the fact that producer and his fellow idols appreciate him makes him truly happy, and it's revealed he became an idol so people will love him. He may also have an awakened stage where he neatens up his hair. Eri will show up during his route. I want his voice to sound obnoxiously cutesy a la Feliciano Vargas or Christopher Weatherfield. His image song will be denpa inspired. Image color is forest green.

Daichi Matsumoto:
Hobbies: Trading cards, toys, bug catching
 The idol I will be voicing. He is 11 years old and filled with youthful energy. He has high dance stat. Like Takuya he has some geeky hobbies of his own, and is known to be a sucker for marketable trading cards and toys (he will probably namedrop Bandai products aimed at young boys). He has a rough manner of speaking (uses "ore") sometimes he just doesn't know how to act appropriately around girls.  He can be troublesome and disobedient at times, and difficult to work with (much like first vision Futamis). Also loves to catch insects in the summer. He really, truly is the definition "slugs and snails and puppy dog tails", but has a heart of gold underneath it all, as you find out when you produce him. He wears a bandanna at all times. Image color is crimson. His image song is Live Stage Sentai iDOLM@STER (the tokusatsu style song I mentioned).

Designs coming soon!

Idol ideas that are close to being complete:

shy idol who is better with animals than with people (I already have it out that his color will be navy blue and he will wear a hooded sweater)
foreign idol from India who doesn't really speak Japanese very well but his dancing makes up for it (I am trying to avoid the cliche blonde hair blue eyes American/British version of this and I thought India would be cool/unique. I know his Past costume will be inspired by traditional Indian garb)

Vague ideas I have:
athletic idol who is very buff and also very clumsy
scraggly oyaji/biseinen idol
A metal idol, into "edgy" things and has the voice of a visual kei singer

Maybe I'll stop at those since when you add Ryo and Jupiter that's quite a lot of idols... But I also have to make sure the stats are balanced and such...

And remember, I need people to voice them so if a particular character speaks to you or you think you can do their voice good, let me know! I also need soundalikes for Touma, Hokuto, and Shouta.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:25:50 am by ninjamitsuki »

Chance4U

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 03:58:28 am »
Takuya Kimura: 17 years old. He's an otaku. He spends all of his time (and money) on a bland name parody of iDOLM@STER (which has similar policies on DLC). He was a big fan of Eri Mizutani back in her net idol days. Eri's debut as an idol in 876 inspired him to join 876's Prince (initially it appears he only did this to earn money to buy more DLC...) Despite what one might assume from his appearance and hobbies, he is not shy at all. He is awkward, but he is not even aware of his own awkwardness and is quite outgoing despite this. Thus, he comes off as "dorky". Very knowledgeable about games, idols, and anime. He taught himself how to sing and dance to songs from fake IM@S, so he has great vocals, good dance, and poor visual. He has messy brown hair covering one eye. During his route you find out he is incredibly lonely and has even  been bullied, and uses that bright happy demeanor as well as his obsessions to cope with his lack of real life friends. Though the fact that producer and his fellow idols appreciate him makes him truly happy, and it's revealed he became an idol so people will love him. He may also have an awakened stage where he neatens up his hair. Eri will show up during his route. I want his voice to sound obnoxiously cutesy a la Feliciano Vargas or Christopher Weatherfield. His image song will be denpa inspired. Image color is forest green.

*Eye twitches* You just described my lifestyle and personality with extreme detail...
I'd love to audition for him! He sounds like a great character to play!
"An idol's job is to carry everybody's dreams. They're supposed to use song and dance to make people happy. When the famous idols I know appear on TV or do concerts... That alone makes the audiences watching them smile. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO BE AN IDOL TOO..."

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 04:24:02 am »
Frankly, I'm willing to try voicing any of them, but since you specifically asked for a female voice for Satoshi, if I can get my sound to work I can potentially try him!

I really like the ideas so far, too! Keep it up. ^^

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 06:09:38 am »
Chirayu (You only find out his full name in the good ending)
Appearance: Dark skin, yellow eyes, shoulder length dull grey hair (same shade as Takane)
Bio: great visual and dance, very low vocal. He is from India and is not confident in his grasp of the Japanese language (he speaks fluent English as many Indians do, however, which surprises producer), so he's quiet and relies a lot on gestures. When he does speak, he's very polite and uses "watashi", as that is all he was taught. The incredible dancing of an Indian actor is what inspired him to start performing. A small snippet of Jupiter performing (while they were still under Kuroi) was shown on TV in India, and he was amazed by their dancing and style, become enraptured by Japanese idols, landing him in Japan to audition. In his good ending he stays and learns the language fluently (and tells producer his full name), while in the bad ending he moves back to India. He has difficulty remembering lyrics, but can learn dances easily. Ideal voice would be quiet and mysterious.

I've come down with the flu and need to rest, so new ideas will come slowly. I do know my next idol's name will be Sora Okamoto. I will try to find a way to at least get their basic hairstyles down in image form.

I can however post the affinities (who gets along and who doesn't get along with whom) of the idols revealed thus far (including Sora)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:50:01 am by ninjamitsuki »

Chance4U

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 07:05:02 am »
I've come down with the flu and need to rest, so new ideas will come slowly. I do know my next idol's name will be Sora Okamoto. I will try to find a way to at least get their basic hairstyles down in image form.

Please feel better soon! The flu is no fun whatsoever... Umm... If drawing is a problem, may I suggest making them out of construction paper...? Then all you have to do is take a picture and upload it...
L-like this:
http://i.imgur.com/Z0QaS6Z.jpg?1

I can however post the affinities (who gets along and who doesn't get along with whom) of the idols revealed thus far (including Sora)

If you wouldn't mind doing so, I'd like to know more about these characters... They sound so entertaining!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 06:27:04 pm »

Get better! Being sick is no good, especially with the flu! Eat lots of oranges! If you do, maybe you'll float!

That's actually a really great idea. Why didn't I ever think of that...?
Not that I'm going to do it now. That would be stealing your idea. Which is a brilliant idea.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 01:48:19 am »
Affinities of idols revealed thus far:

Sora enjoys Chirayu's company because he doesn't talk very much.

Chirayu and Hokuto get along surprisingly well. A unit specializing in visual would do good to have both Chirayu and Hokuto in it.

Because he admired Jupiter's performance he saw, Chirayu may be a little over-excited if he is paired with any Jupiter member.

Daichi and Shouta frequently takes advantage of Satoshi. 

Hokuto makes Ryo uncomfortable, the fact he mistook Ryo for a girl and tried to flirt with him doesn't help. Ryo finds Touma to be really intimidating, but Shouta shows his soft side for Ryo and the two get along.

Daichi and Shouta get along well, sometimes collaborating for pranks. A unit specializing in dance would do good to have Daichi and Shouta in it.

Satoshi looks up to Ryo like a big brother, and this makes Ryo loves this because he finally has someone that looks up to him and doesn't try to push him around. Because both Ryo and Satoshi get taken advantage of, they become friends. Ryo is overly protective of Satoshi.

"The Shota Trio" would be Daichi, Satoshi, and Ryo, and they would have an interesting dynamic. Daichi would pick on Satoshi, and Ryo would stand up for him (rare for Ryo until he is in his awaked state).

Though a trio with Shouta, Satoshi and Ryo would also have an interesting dynamic, as along with what was mentioned previously, Ryo and Shouta are friends. Thus, three characters that would seem incompatible get along surprisingly well.

Satoshi is very curious about India and likes to bombard Chirayu with questions.

Touma shows his rarely seen soft side towards Satoshi, and tries to help him and teach him good judgement. A unit specializing in vocal would do good to have both Touma and Satoshi.

Ryo and Sora get along well because Sora isn't very pushy or judgemental.

Communications:

I had an idea for a communication scenario where Daichi presents a big stag beetle he caught to producer.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:22:39 am by ninjamitsuki »

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 03:14:56 am »
I love the fact that you've put this much thought into all this. :D It's just wonderful, and I love the idea as a whole! If this ever becomes a real game, I will totally play it.
And maybe possibly voice some characters.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Chance4U

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 09:07:33 am »
Affinities of idols revealed thus far:

So... Takuma doesn't interact with anyone?

Um, does this mean that Touma, Hokuto, and Shouta finally have image colors?

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 09:43:43 am »
So... Takuma doesn't interact with anyone?

Um, does this mean that Touma, Hokuto, and Shouta finally have image colors?
Oh, he does, I just forgot to mention him. DX Takuya gets along with Daichi because they both have a habit of compulsively spending their money on things and might entuse together. Ryo does not get along with Takuya because he makes Ryo uncomfortable and brings up inappropriate topics ("So, you're an otokonoko!").

As for Jupiter's image colors... I guess Touma would be red, Shouta would be green, and Hokuto would be gold.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:46:11 am by ninjamitsuki »