Username: Password:

Author Topic: Loading screen questions  (Read 2317 times)

FNHA

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Loading screen questions
« on: March 14, 2012, 06:27:13 pm »
I've searched around for information on the "special" loading screens in iM@S2, but I haven't been able to find any concrete answers. So just out of curiosity, the Ami loading screen/song was in X360 but removed from the PS3? I know I saw an Azusa screen for a couple times after completing the extra episodes (PS3) and only while loading the main menu, but have never seen it since. Is it a kind of unlock or even a standard feature? I just read somewhere that it's possible to control the circles on the plain loading screens, but that's all I got.

Benpc91

• View Profile
    • IMMWS
Re: Loading screen questions
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 07:02:14 pm »
Doesn't she appear before a performance in S4U?

The iDOLM@STER MAD World Service
The Gentlemen's Guide to THE iDOLM@STER

Compassionate Sadist

• waifusexual
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 07:25:09 pm »
Doesn't she appear before a performance in S4U?

Not in the PS3 version.

I've been wondering the same thing as FNHA (although I'm pretty sure they just removed the Ami loading screen).

Rihsa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 08:01:40 pm »
You can look at "non-functional" Ami loading screens in the G4U volumes, I know that much. She sings the same song but it'll be at the place where the photoshoots take place in the volume.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 08:28:06 pm »
My brother said that another forum said it's an unlockable. Not sure if true in ps3 version.

FNHA

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 04:30:53 am »
I wonder if it's because the PS3 loading times are never long enough to have those loading screens. Judging on videos of the Ami version, no PS3 loading sequence ever lasts long enough for her to start singing (I think). But it doesn't change the fact that I saw Azusa for while before she simply disappeared. Maybe I should try playing through the extra episodes again, though I'm sure others would have done the same thing before.

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 04:54:23 am »
The 360 version always loads faster than the PS3 version. My experience indicates that the 360 version loads about 2-4 times faster than the PS3 version (Both using the hard drive, although the 360 version doesn't benefit that much). I believe they simply cut it because there was no need to have them; They simply replaced it with a longer loading screen.

If you want to look, check my channel to compare length of the loading screen from the 360 and PS3 versions (The Ami screen is cut from the 360 videos, but it barely shows up when I record -- It fades out as fast as it fades in!)

nublet765

• Apprentice
  • Reporting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 08:33:46 am »
I've heard that if your PS3's loading screens are too long, you should try deleting your past saves.  Makes it faster apparently.
Since you guys are comparing PS3 vs 360 load times though, idk.
Must learn Japanese one of these days ... T_T
Concert Challenge - http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1599.0.html

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 05:52:03 pm »
I wonder if it's because the PS3 loading times are never long enough to have those loading screens. Judging on videos of the Ami version, no PS3 loading sequence ever lasts long enough for her to start singing (I think). But it doesn't change the fact that I saw Azusa for while before she simply disappeared. Maybe I should try playing through the extra episodes again, though I'm sure others would have done the same thing before.

Actually, on benching, the PS3's actually slower than the X360 for loading. Yep, I recorded it at one point cause I wasn't sure myself. Granted, this is against a X360 installed version, and have no idea what it'd do against a disc only.

Azusa only shows up at the end of a story run, and only when you gain trophies. Depending how many you get that run, she'll do a series of expressions.  In short, if you get a lot of trophies in one go, you'll even see it completely loop.

I suspect the main reason they took her out is simply the fact even on a straight run (no installation) on a X360, you normaly do not hear more than 1/3 of the song. You LITERALLY have to damage the disc to get it to loop.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 05:54:17 pm by Setsuna »
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

AweOfShe

• 真のアイドルマスター
    • View Profile
    • Streaming random games at random times, live.
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 08:23:38 am »
I saw the Azusa one after I finished with Ami in Extra Episode (showed up during the trophy pop up before the return to the title screen). That was when my file corrupted. :P
NNID - Daioujou | 3DS FC - 0559 7548 8384
XBL/PSN/Steam - AweOfShe1