Username: Password:

Author Topic: Utahime-utaouji Festival strategies?  (Read 2090 times)

FNHA

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Utahime-utaouji Festival strategies?
« on: February 29, 2012, 08:13:50 am »
Is there a good strategy to beat the Utahime-utaouji Festivals besides what I think is pure luck? My unit is Miki, Yayoi, Makoto, memory appeal level 3, image level 14 with dance as the main stat and vocal as secondary. Using Awanko's amulet for score and have no problems with other events, managed to break top 20 with my first song and top of the chart with my second. But no matter what I do the festivals seem to be broken, a single memory appeal from them fills half their voltage bar and there's barely anything I can do to keep them from bursting. Tried using Sugamo and Waranappee amulets but they produce worse results than Awanko. I have Yamahara with me too.

blake307

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Utahime-utaouji Festival strategies?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 08:24:25 am »
I would recommend getting the Mushaharu's Secret Crest which is an amulet that you get for beating the festival in the capital region. This amulet will increase the fill rate of the voltage gauge quite a bit which will increase your chances of beating the festivals. http://imas.wikia.com/wiki/Amulet_Purchasing_and_Effects_Guide

I hope this helps.  ;)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 10:13:45 am »
there is one thing that might give you the edge you need and you might not know: dual/triple memory appeals

if you do a memory appeal and switch the character (using L1) and then use another memory appeal (i think about 4 appeals can pass between the 2 memory appeals for this to work) both your idols will do a memory appeal together, if you switch again and do another memory appeal all 3 will do it together. the dual and triple memory appeal increase your voltage gauge much more than a single memory appeal does.

from there it is about trying out different tactics if you have trouble. festival opponents don't use their memory appeals randomly, but in a set pattern. so if you retry they will use them always at the same time (if there isn't a burst going on). let's say your opponent was able to burst a little bit before you, you can change the timing of your memory appeals to be faster than her. if you can't prevent your enemy from bursting, but either you can burst first or second, try to be first.

usually the enemy doesn't use memory appeals before the first burst happens, and if you are using sugamo and/or the reporter, you should be the first one able to burst. and often it turns into a memory appeal battle. let the enemy ust a memory appeal, then immediately counter with your own, often the enemy will use another one, then you should do a dual memory appeal, sometimes there will even be a third time. use your memory appeals AFTER your opponent, except if you need that extra boost to burst first. but as i said, sometimes that's a bit of trial and error until it works.

btw: personally i use the secret crest, but getting that one is more effort (and in fact requires you to beat a utahime-utaoji fest)

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 07:13:00 pm »
Is there a good strategy to beat the Utahime-utaouji Festivals besides what I think is pure luck? My unit is Miki, Yayoi, Makoto, memory appeal level 3, image level 14 with dance as the main stat and vocal as secondary. Using Awanko's amulet for score and have no problems with other events, managed to break top 20 with my first song and top of the chart with my second. But no matter what I do the festivals seem to be broken, a single memory appeal from them fills half their voltage bar and there's barely anything I can do to keep them from bursting. Tried using Sugamo and Waranappee amulets but they produce worse results than Awanko. I have Yamahara with me too.

What difficulty are you playing? Normal or Hyper?

As for general tactics, what Naryoril said is right: the AI is set to burst at a certain time and it does get into a battle of memory appeals.  Also, what I've done (at least on Normal, never played Hyper) is that I would wait until I fill up the voltage meter until I can burst, then after the burst, do my dual/triple appeals.

And if both you and your rival have the voltage meter full, you could get first burst by basically tapping R1 (I would assume RB for 360 version) fast.
--Under Construction---

FNHA

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 06:51:43 am »
I'm on Normal. Yeah, I'm aware of double and triple appeals but I guess I wasn't consciously using them. I'll give that a try. I did notice a certain time the AI would appeal, but it just seemed like a long string of appeals that left me with nothing every time.

Is the festival for Mushaharu hard to beat?

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 07:15:56 am »
What difficulty are you playing? Normal or Hyper?

As for general tactics, what Naryoril said is right: the AI is set to burst at a certain time and it does get into a battle of memory appeals.  Also, what I've done (at least on Normal, never played Hyper) is that I would wait until I fill up the voltage meter until I can burst, then after the burst, do my dual/triple appeals.

And if both you and your rival have the voltage meter full, you could get first burst by basically tapping R1 (I would assume RB for 360 version) fast.

I'd note that in a 'Both sides have burst' scenario, HOW you get that burst point is really important - after a memory appeal, you can't do anything until the subsequent number of notes (I think 4-5) go by, which makes the bpm of the song matter.

If you're on normal (If you're trying to get the crest, you should be unless you know what you're doing) the AI shouldn't cheat TOO much... On Hyper they have a tendency (like in Vesperia's equilivant on Hyper) to do crazy stuff.

In any case if you're NOT using an anti-decay charm, that you arrive at burst point with a memory appeal, to maximise your scoring for the burst.

If you're not, then appeal early on, and build your multipliers at the last minute before naturally reaching burst.

As you can guess though, a higher bpm song is a good idea, for pacing.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

FNHA

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 06:30:02 pm »
Ok now I realized that apparently Kamigata area's festival is particularly hard. I managed to beat the Northeast area with barely any effort, and West area with some reporter. Looks like a difficulty 9 fes is still beyond me for now, I'm going to try with higher stats in later plays. It seems like Vesperia is mentioned very often when comparing festival difficulties, is it the hardest of them?

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 09:17:37 am »
the festivals get harder the closer you get to the centre of japan (ignoring the tokyo region, the fes there has the same difficulty as the kyoto region, but isn't necessary for a true end).

and yes, vesperia is several times harder than anything else in the game (in the same difficulty)

AweOfShe

• 真のアイドルマスター
    • View Profile
    • Streaming random games at random times, live.
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 10:38:30 am »
High BPM song + Awanko/Nikuwan/Rinkamo + Reporter Ataka Jun  ;D
NNID - Daioujou | 3DS FC - 0559 7548 8384
XBL/PSN/Steam - AweOfShe1