Username: Password:

Author Topic: I have no idea where else to put this (iM@S Twitter RP)  (Read 9676 times)

GangXia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: I have no idea where else to put this
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 11:43:01 am »
It's Chihaya's rule mainly. For what i can gather she's the first one, and refuses to break kayfabe at all times. Other idols do break character once in a while.

Yeah, i also keep tabs of things down there ;)

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 12:03:31 pm »
they're entirely manually maintained and in english, awful

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 02:34:59 pm »
they're entirely manually maintained and in english, awful

Longing for arcade text messages, perhaps?

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 06:07:46 pm »
You mean they're not real?  :-[

;D

nublet765

• Apprentice
  • Reporting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 01:00:55 am »
I'm AzuReverie, and my account is protected for personal reasons. I know,  it kinda breaks some unwritten rules, but oh well. My stuff isn't all too interesting, all you gotta know is I am Mio's producer.

Boo.   :'(
You're in on the interesting conversations though - or at least you illicit some interesting responses from the RP idols

It's Chihaya's rule mainly. For what i can gather she's the first one, and refuses to break kayfabe at all times. Other idols do break character once in a while.

Yeah, i also keep tabs of things down there ;)

I would've voted Iori as person who breaks character most - since she seems quite civil on twitter - no angry moments from our dear little tsundere (well, I guess she was trying to sound angry when Hokuto kept calling her Princess, but that came out as just flustered)

Azusa's ... kinda in character I suppose.  She hasn't tweeted since she joined and said hi to everyone else (I'm guessing she's gotten lost again and can't find her computer.  :P)

You mean they're not real?  :-[

;D
I think Miki's "profile" or "introduction statement" is the only one that reads [RP] explicitly.
But yeah :-[
hahaha!

...  Newsflash?  . _ _  . . . .  . _  _     _  . . . .  .     . . _ . ***********In recent developments ... Producer ... err ... Intern - has a thing for Touma.
https://twitter.com/#!/MioHonda765/status/176441850826207232
https://twitter.com/#!/MioHonda765/status/176442595852042242

... *facepalms  (Again ... first the genderbends ... now the shipping ... just ... why?)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:46:33 am by nublet765 »
Must learn Japanese one of these days ... T_T
Concert Challenge - http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1599.0.html

TaKai

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 02:29:20 am »
In recent developments ... Producer ... err ... Intern - has a thing for Touma.
https://twitter.com/#!/MioHonda765/status/176441850826207232
https://twitter.com/#!/MioHonda765/status/176442595852042242

... *facepalms  (Again ... first the genderbends ... now the shipping ... just ... why?)
That's not something I was expecting. Interesting development nonetheless.

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 05:02:00 am »
I don't see why shipping is an issue... Kotori does it all the time!

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 06:14:08 am »
Longing for arcade text messages, perhaps?

Most bots I've seen randomly tweet character lines they've said from their games. Doing it manually is just weird.

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 06:30:01 am »
The point of Twitter RP is to take the role of a character and act things out yourself. Also means writing new scenarios when dealing with other people and characters from different series. Think of it as interactive fanfiction, but generally less creepy and hopefully less obnoxious.

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 07:40:23 am »
Okay yeah I pretty much have no single idea of why absolutely anyone would want to bother with this. The original post says that the idols have twitter accounts. It's not a character's twitter if it's just some inane creepy fangirl pretending to be them.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:43:48 am by Elixir »

GangXia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 12:39:47 pm »
Boo.   :'(
You're in on the interesting conversations though - or at least you illicit some interesting responses from the RP idols

Elicit, not illicit. Compulsive, sorry.

I would've voted Iori as person who breaks character most - since she seems quite civil on twitter - no angry moments from our dear little tsundere (well, I guess she was trying to sound angry when Hokuto kept calling her Princess, but that came out as just flustered)

Azusa's ... kinda in character I suppose.  She hasn't tweeted since she joined and said hi to everyone else (I'm guessing she's gotten lost again and can't find her computer.  :P)

No no, that's being Out of Character (OoC). What i mean by 'breaking character' is getting out of 'being' the character and speaking as the 'you' (like The Rock speaking as Dwayne Johnson, if you catch my drift). Chihaya steadfastly refuses to break character, and will even scold other RPer who does so without proper reason. The player takes it too hard sometimes.

In OoC-ness, the idol rather varies. I wouldn't say that the current Iori is very OoC (seen one before the present one), because her public face is the deredere that we can see in the anime (and carries to the RP scene). Perhaps in time she will be rougher?

Other RPers don't quite have the staying power/posting output of Chihaya, Yayoi, Miki, and Haruka (the former three has the most posts, while Haruka has been around for about as long as Chihaya and has posted semi-regularly) so there's less posts to judge their OoCness from, but they're mostly nice posters and will be nice to you.

Okay yeah I pretty much have no single idea of why absolutely anyone would want to bother with this. The original post says that the idols have twitter accounts. It's not a character's twitter if it's just some inane creepy fangirl pretending to be them.

The short answer:
The Namco-run ones exist, but are ostensibly in moonrunes that not everyone can decipher.

The long answer:
Well, it's fun, if i might say so myself. I enjoy tweeting nonsense while trying to keep as close as the canon as possible. Of course it's not an appeal for everyone, I wouldn't think an average fan would be having fun this way. That said, i can say myself as a guy steeped in these kinds of tradition (DnD from 3.0 until 4 got out, writes fanfics for fun) so of course i find fun in doing this.

The cat's out of the bag by now, huh? I'll still let you find out who am i yourself, anyway ;)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:40:40 am by GangXia »

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 03:24:26 pm »
So tempted.  No idea what I'd ever tweet though.

Just think of it as your personal mini blog. And like most people if not all the time, a public diary.

Just drop in and chat with them. They usually don't bite and are very often nice. Also, if you talk to them more, they'll open up to you and be more casual around you. That's reflected by Chihaya's rankism (at least that's what P says).

Though if you're desperate, your best bet has to be Miki and Yayoi. They'll usually be cool about it.

Well, GangXia beat me to the punch. Saying what he didn't say, who do you want to manage them, the actual fictional character? Their seiyuu who barely knows English? Or the company we Westerners constantly bash as we call them scammers? Yeah, I have to say this is a better alternative.

That said, I respect your opinion. This isn't everyone's cup of tea. The reason why this is done is for fun, and make things interesting, which the RPers are achieving since this thread was started in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 03:53:12 pm by RoninatorMarx »

nublet765

• Apprentice
  • Reporting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 10:30:41 pm »
Elicit, not illicit. Compulsive, sorry.

AUGH FUUUUUU (I'm normally good at catching myself on grammar and spelling errors ... *headdesks)
Thanks for pointing that out GangXia -.-;;

No no, that's being Out of Character (OoC). What i mean by 'breaking character' is getting out of 'being' the character and speaking as the 'you' (like The Rock speaking as Dwayne Johnson, if you catch my drift). Chihaya steadfastly refuses to break character, and will even scold other RPer who does so without proper reason. The player takes it too hard sometimes.

In OoC-ness, the idol rather varies. I wouldn't say that the current Iori is very OoC (seen one before the present one), because her public face is the deredere that we can see in the anime (and carries to the RP scene). Perhaps in time she will be rougher? Other RPers don't quite have the staying power/posting output of Chihaya, Yayoi, Haruka, and Miki so there's less posts to judge their OoCness from.

Ah ... I see.  Sorry, I seem to link "breaking character" to being "out of character" :P
There an RP terms to English dictionary I can borrow?  ;D

Just think of it as your personal mini blog. And like most people if not all the time, a public diary.

I'd probably tweet like ... once or twice a year - ... I'm bad with updating stuff  :-\

Just drop in and chat with them. They usually don't bite and are very often nice. Also, if you talk to them more, they'll open up to you and be more casual around you. That's reflected by Chihaya's rankism (at least that's what P says).

Though if you're desperate, your best bet has to be Miki and Yayoi. They'll usually be cool about it.

Haha, I'll keep that in mind if I do decide to jump into twitter.

Well, GangXia beat me to the punch. Saying what he didn't say, who do you want to manage them, the actual fictional character? Their seiyuu who barely knows English? Or the company we Westerners constantly bash as we call them scammers? Yeah, I have to say this is a better alternative.

I don't bash Namco Bandai as scammers (maybe I missed that bit of news), but I will bash Namco Bandai as "idiots who don't want to make money" (by not bringing iM@S here)

nublet765

• Apprentice
  • Reporting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 08:00:58 am »
The march of the Cinderella Project idols continue:

https://twitter.com/#!/LazyLoli_Idol
https://twitter.com/#!/KohinataMiho

And ... Intern quits, Producer's back - something about a Chihaya bot, lasers and moon rocks ... and a mad scientist ...
https://twitter.com/#!/Producer_765/status/177852600861999106
Producer ... things are back to normal ... (I'm really really confused.)

GangXia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 01:13:44 pm »
We get to see Chihaya mistaken by Kyouma as KURIIIIISTIIIIINAAAAAAAA though.

Latest news had Kyouma turned into a shota by the Chihayabot.