Username: Password:

Author Topic: E3 2012  (Read 7301 times)

Accoun

• View Profile
Re: E3 2012
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 08:03:05 pm »
- No games.
>>> I think you have forgotten to add "for me" here... I'm no fan of GoW or TLOU, but you can't deny their existence. Not to mention Beyond - I liked Heavy Rain very muchand I'm looking forward to QD's new game as well. Also, haven't SONY showed more than Microsoft?
- PS+ still not good.
>>> How could it be better? Give us possibility to play online?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:08:01 pm by Accoun »

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 08:15:29 pm »
I honestly forgot to mention The Last of Us, which looks great, but honestly, people had high expectations for Sony, and they did not deliver. At all. The fact that they gave 10 whole minutes to Wonderbook, and not the Vita was basically a big 'eff you' to early Vita adopters.

Also, if you want to be a bit anal about numbers of games, surprisingly, Microsoft showed off more, albeit in a much smaller time frame.

I'm just more angry at Sony than Microsoft. I wasn't expecting much from Microsoft to begin with.

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 08:31:58 pm »
Yes, SONY disappointed. However they still menaged to get the second place for me. If it weren't for this Wonderbookish stuff, I'd say it was a good conference. They menaged to disturb it quite much with all this crap.

Ubisoft >>> SONY > EA > Microsoft = Nintendo
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:35:39 pm by Accoun »

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 09:11:35 pm »
Haha, Ueda left Sony so the possibility of The Last Guardian making an appearance was almost minus zero. I gave up hoping for information concerning that game around 2010.

"watch dogs" looks interesting, but the latter half of the footage made it seems like another GoW clone disguised under a huge budget. If it's just going to be co-op "hide behind things and shoot at each other", count me out.

Probably the best thing about E3 so far has been Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion, a spiritual sequel to Castle of Illusion and the "of Illusion" Megadrive/SMS titles, with hand-drawn sprites and backgrounds. Can't wait.

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 09:38:56 pm »
Ueda is still working on the game last anyone heard, and the fact that he left Sony has nothing to do with it making an appearance or not at E3. It's still a PS3 exclusive, and it's still being handled by Sony studios. So I don't see where you were going with that.

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012, 09:44:57 pm »
Hmm, haven't watched Nintendo's conference and didn't watch Konami's conference, but...

Microsoft:
+Halo 4 was interesting with the new animations and the cinematics.
+Splinter Cell: Blacklist was also interesting to see, although it seems like it's a polished Conviction.
=Media stuff is cool, but not interested.
=Call of Duty trailer: it's Call of Duty, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested with the setting

EA:
=MoH: Warfighter looks cool, but eh, it's another modern military shooter.
-I guess everything else about it, didn't really interest me at all.

Ubisoft:
+Assassin's Creed III is shaping up to be good, might actually buy it when it comes out. The PS Vita exclusive and cross-play is also interesting.
+watch_dogs caught my interest. As for the shooting elements, eh.
+Far Cry 3 looks good, and as for the hallucination, well...the first few games had mutants, so, par for the course?
+Rayman interested me because of how the Wii U was used.

Sony:
+Beyond seems cool: Second Sight + Heavy Rain?
+The Last of Us was also interesting: lack of ammo, health bar that doesn't regenerate and having to find medkits, making items on the fly. Funny I was watching the trailer on TV, so there were a lot of bleeps going around.
=Not much Vita stuff, asides from the PS1 Classics on the Vita, which I guess is awesome.

The things I wasn't interested in, I tuned out.
--Under Construction---

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 10:51:01 pm »
Really good.
Quickly make an image macro with "My body is ready" "For French food"

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2012, 10:55:42 pm »
Ueda is still working on the game last anyone heard, and the fact that he left Sony has nothing to do with it making an appearance or not at E3. It's still a PS3 exclusive, and it's still being handled by Sony studios. So I don't see where you were going with that.

E3 is a western event, to announce localizations and new western projects. The Last Guardian hasn't been released in Japan, and any footage is more likely to spawn from Tokyo Game Shoe ― not E3. Ueda left, and rumours suggest Sony allocated Team ICO's staff to different projects, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's delayed. There's even talks of the game being stalled until the PS4 is released, as they're very high-end games.

Ueda is a perfectionist. ICO was originally a PS1 game, which is why it's one of the best looking early PS2 titles. Judging by that, I wouldn't be at all surprised if The Last Guardian were released within a couple of years of the PS4's life cycle.

NaitoNii

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Figure.FM
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2012, 10:57:37 pm »
E3 is a western event, to announce localizations and new western projects. The Last Guardian hasn't been released in Japan, and any footage is more likely to spawn from Tokyo Game Shoe ― not E3. .

speaking of the Tokyo Game Show, when will that be?

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2012, 11:51:56 pm »
20-23 september

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2012, 12:23:29 am »
E3 is a western event

True. Still doesn't mean they can't show The Last Guardian. They have before.

And while E3 may be western, it doesn't mean it's limited to just western material. Project Diva is being demo'd on the show floor. In Japanese.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2012, 12:30:54 am »

And while E3 may be western, it doesn't mean it's limited to just western material. Project Diva is being demo'd on the show floor. In Japanese.

Really? That's awesome.

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2012, 01:54:48 am »

That sounds weird. Why would they demo a game without the intention of localizin--

'Hatsune Miku' bringing synthesized vocal music gaming to North American Vita

oh.

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2012, 01:57:21 am »
Sega is gauging interest from people trying it out, to see how people would enjoy a title that hasn't been translated.

azuyuki

• Producer
  • ~Can you see my true feelings?~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2012, 10:28:55 am »
Summary of E3

Microsoft: Kinect! Kinect! Smartglass! Usher! Games? What's That? Guys we are SOOOO ORIGINAL!!!1! BUY OUR S#$@!!
EA: eh
Ubisoft: Well Damn, looks like I'm getting behind the French with this one
Sony: So when are you guys going to show Last Guardian?
Nintendo: So Mentock, What do you think of Nintendo's Conference? "Wii U, Wii U"